Meltdown XXXII & Fallout 032 || Card & Discussion Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

SupineSnake

FREE PALESTINE
Reaction score
DEADLINE NOTE: There is a (nearly) two week promo window for this card. There will also be a two week promo window for the Anniversary Show, which is the next card after these shows. Therefore, results dates for all future shows are one week later than that shown currently in the schedule thread. This will be updated soon.

This card contains SPOILERS for Back in Business XVII. Read those results first!

J05NVxh.png

XXXII: “UNSANCTIONED.”
Live from Estadio Latinoamericano in Havana, Cuba.
Thursday 10th August, 2023.

Screenshot-2023-07-24-4-11-34-PM.png

violet.png

FIRST MATCH || 1/20.
YOKAI Death Squad [Ririko, Cali Hayama, & Katsu] vs. The Bad Boys Boy Band [In-Sync, the Backstreet Boy, & Mike Stand].
Trios Eliminator Tournament - Round One.
Match Writer: SS.

YOKAI Death Squad came close to securing the FWA Trios Championships at Back in Business, when Cali Hayama finished in second place in the battle royale, eventually eliminated by Trixie Bordeaux. Cali and the rest of her squad will now be focusing on securing a three-on-three match with The Coven at Lights Out, which is the reward for victory in this eight-team, single elimination competition. Their first challenge is the Bad Boys Boy Band, who will be looking to fare better here than they did at Back in Business, where they were the second team eliminated.

** Please see the mod note at the bottom of this card.

violet.png

SECOND MATCH || 1/20.
Sawyer Xavier vs. Trixie Bordeaux (w/ the Coven).
Singles Match.

Sawyer Xavier makes his return in Havana, where he will compete in singles action against Bellatrix Bordeaux. Trixie is fresh from success on Night Two of Back in Business, where she secured her first taste of FWA gold in the form of the Trios Championships. Her partners, Blair and Celestia Ravenwood, are expected to be in attendance and to accompany Trixie to the ring as she attempts to ride her good fortune to that often elusive singles success.

violet.png

THIRD MATCH || 1/20.
The Lumberjacks [Doug, Dan, & Lucy LuPone] vs. PONI BOI [midnight MUSTANG, sunrise STALLION, & midday MULE].
Trios Tournament - Round One)

The Lumberjacks may have fallen short at Back in Business in their quest to be crowned the inaugural FWA Trios Champions, but they have another opportunity here to fight their way towards those same prizes. Their first opponents in the Trios Eliminator Tournament will be midnight MUSTANG, sunrise STALLION, and the debuting midday MULE, with PONI BOI throwing their names into the hat as part of the eight team field.

violet.png

FOURTH MATCH || MAIN EVENT || 1/30.
XYZ vs. Death Walker.
Steel Cage Match.
Match Writer: Jimmy.

XYZ triumphed in Back in Business' triple threat match over long-term rivals Jason Randall and Death Walker. X has had particular issues with the latter, but it seemed they would be going their separate ways following Mexico City, with Death entering the Golden Opportunity chamber match and XYZ challenging for Bedlam's X Championship. Both of those matches are scheduled for the 18th Anniversary Show, but before then we'll see these two lock up one last time… and inside a steel cage! These two will finally put their long-standing differences to bed before they're able to embark on their respective quests at the Anniversary Show.

violet.png

PLUS!
Jon Russnow addresses the FWA Television Championship situation…

violet.png

navy.png

Olq4IkS.png

032: “BEACH BRAWL.”
Live from Hellshire Beach in Kingston, Jamaica.
Saturday 12th August, 2023.

hellshire-beach-7.jpg

navy.png

FIRST MATCH || 1/20.
Konchu Hao (w/ Epsilon) vs. Jason Quinn.
Singles Match.
Match Writer: Man.

Jason Quinn emerged victorious during the shocking no holds barred match with his brother, Al Blizzard, at Back in Business, which also saw the introduction of Robert Steel into the FWA. Many questions emerged during that barbaric contest in Mexico City, but Quinn will have to realign his focus as he prepares to compete in singles action on Fallout 032. His opponent, 'the Mad Wizard' Konchu Hao, was seen during Night Two's main event, evening out the odds and removing Allen Price from ringside, but hasn't competed in an FWA ring since The Grand March. He was unsuccessful in his challenge of Bryan Baxter for the FWA North American Championship back then, and will hope to return to winning ways here at the expense of Jason Quinn.

navy.png

SECOND MATCH || 1/20.
Tommy Bedlam and Chris Crowe vs. The Coven [Blair & Celestia Ravenwood].
Tag Team Match.
Match Writer: Dubb.

The opening match of Back in Business' second night saw Tommy Bedlam win the FWA X Championship from Shawn Summers in the second fall of their three stages of hell match. Already, it's been announced that Bedlam will defend that title against XYZ at the 18th Anniversary Show, but one of the most shocking events in Mexico City occured after this match, when Chris Crowe returned in order to save the Cowboy from a post-match beating by Der Bastard. Now, Crowe will return to in-ring action in this tag team match, where he and Bedlam will partner up against the Coven. Blair and Celestia Ravenwood had their own big moment at Back in Business, where - along with Trixie Bordeaux - they captured the FWA Trios Champions in a nine-team battle royale. They will hope to capitalise on this momentum against this team of a newly crowned champion and returning star.

navy.png

THIRD MATCH || 1/20.
The Ménage [Sierra, Wild Jerry, & Christian Howard] vs. Triple J Security [Jobber Jimbo, Jugem Jugem, & Jiggy Jon].

The surprise package in the Trios Battle Royale was the team of the Ménage, who up until Back in Business were mostly a benign auxiliary force surrounding XYZ. They managed to survive deep into the match, though, despite their relative inexperience, earning themselves a spot in the eight-team Trios Eliminator Tournament. Their opponents will be renowned journeymen and long-time FWA stalwarts Triple J Security, who come out of their semi-retirement (but for a few sporadic appearances on the Latin American independent scene) to face off with Sierra, Wild Jerry, and Christian Howard in this first round match.

navy.png

FOURTH MATCH || 1/10.
Jack the Clipper vs. Derrick Hunter.
Singles Match.

Jack the Clipper prepares to make his FWA debut in Jamaica as part of Fallout 032, where he prepares to do battle with journeyman Derrick Hunter. 'Mr. Europe' is still looking for his first FWA win, which he'll hope to achieve at the expense of the debuting Jack.

navy.png

FIFTH MATCH || 1/20.
Undisputed Xperienx [Xperienx Xtacee, Jackson Fenix, & Nate Savage] vs. Midnight Train [Tex Hollis, Calamity Jane, & ‘The Texan Dragon’ Tadamasa Yamada].
Match Writer: Jimmy.

Xperienx Xtacee went close at Back in Business during Night Two's trios battle royale, surviving until the match's final three before eventually being eliminated by eventual runner-up Cali Hayama. He and his teammates, Jackson Fenix and Nate Savage of the Undisputed Alliance, will be aiming to go one better in the Trios Eliminator Tournament, and will perhaps be eyeing up an encounter with Cali and her YOKAI Death Squad. Standing in their way is Midnight Train, a team better known as competitors in Longhorn Championship Wrestling, who will look to make big waves in their debut at the UX's expense.

navy.png

SIXTH MATCH || 1/10.
Juan Tothrefor vs. Big Bryan Bastard.
Singles Match.
Match Writer: Dubb.

Juan Tothrefor was last seen on FWA television when he was defeated by El Vengador in the run-up to Mexico City, so he will be hoping to redeem himself in this singles match-up. That won't be an easy task, though, as waiting for him in Jamaica is the FWA North American champion Big Bryan Bastard. BBB made short work of his challenger Mike Parr at Back in Business, attacking the Prodigy before the opening bell before pinning him in less than two minutes. His partner, Jeremy Best, was not quite so fortunate, and it will be interesting to see if the climax of Night One's buried alive match will have any bearing on BBB's mindset going into 032.

navy.png

SEVENTH MATCH || MAIN EVENT || 1/60.
FTN [Chris Peacock & Alyster Black] [c] vs. Aka Manto [Aka Yurei & Keiko Hirabayashi].
Tag Team Match for the FWA World Tag Team Championships).

It was a successful night, broadly speaking, for FTN at Back in Business. Not only did they retain their tag team championships in a three-way ladder match, but they also both tasted singles victory at the end of Night Two, when Alyster Black defeated weaselperson and Chris Peacock defended his FWA World Championship against Cyrus Truth. Below the surface, though, we saw tension between Black and Peacock following the former's sacrificing of the latter in order to retrieve the title belts, and the end of Night Two saw Randy Ramon's shocking return, when he remix kicked Chris Peacock following the main event. FTN will no doubt have all of this in their minds as they put their FWA World Tag Team Championships on the line against the team they narrowly beat in the aforementioned three-way ladder match. Aka Yurei and Keiko Hirabayashi will be hoping to bounce back in a big way by capturing FTN's titles, and the precarious dynamic between the champions may make this the perfect time to do it.

navy.png

** MOD NOTE: The first round of the Trios Eliminator Tournament consists of 'jobber matches' with no opponent. However, the grades for the four handler teams will decide the brackets for the semi final, with 1st v 4th and 2nd v 3rd. All promos for matches in this tournament have a 3000 word limit in line with Trios Championship matches. The semi-finals will take place at the Anniversary Show and the final on Meltdown XXXIII. The winner gets a shot at The Coven and the FWA Trios Championships at Lights Out.

Promo Deadlines:
Sunday 6th August at 23:59 Pacific Time.
Which is Monday 7th August at 03:00 Eastern Time.
Which is Monday 7th August at 08:00 UK Time.
Which is Monday 7th August at 17:00 Melbourne Time.

No extensions. Good luck!​

Death Walker

Better Known As King Of Armageddon | Trapped In Darkness
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
therock2
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar2
Favorite Wrestler
batista
...well FWA fam (and fans of Death Walker), it saddens me deeply to say... that there will be no promo for this episode of Meltdown in the steel cage match main event. The reason? ...I got mixed up with the 3 or 4 family obligations this month of August and between that as well as the sudden schedule change announcement... I stupidly (yeah I can laugh a bit at my own fuck up) got confused with the deadline, believing it was somehow this coming weekend. Yes I know, I know... a complete blunder on my part, yes. Did I double check the info and the post? Yes, at least I thought so but I (not FWA, you guys still rock I mean it) made the assumption while moving fast with my real life shit. I got 2 parties this weekend to attend and then 2 weeks from this weekend I got another to be at. Gifts, dress attires, arguments with my mom and controlling my PTSD were becoming a factor in my time management and stress. Usually I'm good at juggling this but I just got caught up in the drama of my life versus my alternate lifestyle as the character, Death Walker (FKA Darius Wright). I'm sorry and I take full responsibility for fumbling on this opportunity. However I hope this helps @The Golden One uses the victory for something great and I URGE you to please utilize this for whatever plans you have next for XYZ. I was so ready to battle you once again but... shit happens. Anyways, I want the staff to know that there's nothing that they need to do in the future or anything that could have provoked this. Like I said I take full responsibility and I look forward to coming strong and ANGRIER FOR GOLDEN OPPORTUNITY!!! Catch you all soon. Peace and love... "evil smiley face"

The Gipper

The Gipper
Reaction score
I’m just annoyed that you picked this one to no show and not the GO, that would have been nice and helpful to rest of us! lol

• Haha
Reactions: WelshyBOI

Tommy Bedlam

E-Fed Staff Member
Reaction score
...well FWA fam (and fans of Death Walker), it saddens me deeply to say... that there will be no promo for this episode of Meltdown in the steel cage match main event. The reason? ...I got mixed up with the 3 or 4 family obligations this month of August and between that as well as the sudden schedule change announcement... I stupidly (yeah I can laugh a bit at my own fuck up) got confused with the deadline, believing it was somehow this coming weekend. Yes I know, I know... a complete blunder on my part, yes. Did I double check the info and the post? Yes, at least I thought so but I (not FWA, you guys still rock I mean it) made the assumption while moving fast with my real life shit. I got 2 parties this weekend to attend and then 2 weeks from this weekend I got another to be at. Gifts, dress attires, arguments with my mom and controlling my PTSD were becoming a factor in my time management and stress. Usually I'm good at juggling this but I just got caught up in the drama of my life versus my alternate lifestyle as the character, Death Walker (FKA Darius Wright). I'm sorry and I take full responsibility for fumbling on this opportunity. However I hope this helps @The Golden One uses the victory for something great and I URGE you to please utilize this for whatever plans you have next for XYZ. I was so ready to battle you once again but... shit happens. Anyways, I want the staff to know that there's nothing that they need to do in the future or anything that could have provoked this. Like I said I take full responsibility and I look forward to coming strong and ANGRIER FOR GOLDEN OPPORTUNITY!!! Catch you all soon. Peace and love... "evil smiley face"
All good, man. Most of us have made a similar blunder at one point or another. Enjoy the stuff you've got coming up, and kill that Raygun Cole guy whenever you get the chance next

• Love
Reactions: Death Walker

CakeWalker

Fancy a slice?
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
TigerMask1
Favorite Wrestler
AZs1Z5p
Favorite Wrestler
E3RY3ej
Favorite Sports Team
2fIlV8l
Favorite Sports Team
Stewart52
Favorite Sports Team
Brad6
Favorite Sports Team
OH6F0Jl
dont know the etiquette. do you guys ever repp people into matches at last possible moment? Only asking because some place do some don't.

SupineSnake

FREE PALESTINE
Reaction score
dont know the etiquette. do you guys ever repp people into matches at last possible moment? Only asking because some place do some don't.

Not usually after the card is posted. In exceptional circumstances when it's in the first day of the window or so that we find out, we may look at replacing. But never if the opponent has already posted for instance. It would have to be agreed upon by the opponent, before they've started writing.

CakeWalker

Fancy a slice?
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
TigerMask1
Favorite Wrestler
AZs1Z5p
Favorite Wrestler
E3RY3ej
Favorite Sports Team
2fIlV8l
Favorite Sports Team