MLW claims they released Arez and Aramis, blames AAA for failing to inform them for months

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
arez-3-editedjpg.webp

Two luchadors were released by MLW in May but seem to have only learned of this today.

AAA's Arez, who frequently performs for GCW as well, posted to X on Wednesday that MLW denied his release request six months ago. He said the promotion also has not offered him any work for the past 18 months.

Arez wrote:

To the General Public:
I find myself forced to address the following situation publicly, with the hopes that a resolution can finally be found. I join the recent wave of fellow professional wrestlers that just like me, have requested their release from Major League Wrestling "MLW") and its President and Owner, Court Bauer.
Firstly, I would like to very sincerely thank Mr. Bauer for his interest in my career more than 2 years ago when he invited me to join MLW. In Spring of 2021, AAA presented me an offer on behalf of MLW to join their roster for 3 years. Although I did not understand the contract, as it was never presented to me in Spanish and I am not an English speaker, and even though I did not have a work visa at the time of signing that would even allow me to accept a job offer in the USA, I told AAA that I was very interested and I signed said contract.
The salary I was offered contractually was considerably below my indie rate, but I accepted it as I hope to see my career grow by being a part of MLW.
The reality is that MLW has not offered me any matches in over 18 months, and I see no interest whatsoever in offering me any work. With this situation and knowing how much work it has cost me to survive based on my income as an independent wrestler, I respectfully requested my release to Mr. Bauer more than 6 months ago, which he refused.
MLW has refused to cancel my contract in writing, even though I don't even believe it has any legal weight as I was ineligible for work in the US at the time of signing and a Spanish translation was never presented to me. If I had the resources and team to challenge this in court, I'm sure the outcome would be favorable, but since I do not have these resources, I'm forced to air this problem publicly since my family's well- being is what is at stake. Reading the multiple reports about the recent wave of MLW talent similarly requesting their releases, I find myself obligated to join these voices and find a resolution to what I believe is an unfortunate situation for all parties.
I hope my fans and fans of Lucha Libre in general understand and can support me and any other wrestler caught in a similar situation of being tied to a company that has no interest in giving them work.
I hereby request once more to Mr. Court Bauer my full release in writing from MLW.
Sincerely, Arez
MLW then responded that both Arez and Aramis were released from the promotion in May and AAA was to relay this information to them but, evidently, did not do that. AAA was a co-signee on both contracts.

MLW responded:

MLW notified AAA in May that both Arez and Aramis were released from the MLW contracts as AAA is a co-signee on both contracts. AAA confirmed they would relay this to talent at that time. Evidently they did not. We wish Aramis and Arez the best with the future.

Aramis and Arez were signed by the promotion in the summer of 2021. They both took part in MLW's monthly TV tapings up until the following April when the company stopped bringing them in. Their last show with MLW was on April 1, 2022, from Gilley's in Dallas, Texas.

Sky

TOTAL NONSTOP ACTION
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
velvetsky
AAA and NWA have been competing recently to see who could out-clown each other