Rate AEW Fyter Fest

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

What is your rating out of ten?

• Total voters

InsaneAlphaBeta

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho2
Does every show have to sellout for the AEW to be considered
a success?

On what scale are we grading success here?
Short answer is no, every show does not need to sell out, and just because they dont doesnt mean the demand isnt there, Fyter Fest and Fight For The Fallen are not big/main shows, ofcourse they arent gonna sell out. And even though they didnt and wont, that doesnt take away from the huge demand there was for All Out when tickets went on sale, same with Double or Nothing. There is a undeniable audience for AEW and it shows, they could have sold out a 130.000 stadium for the show (All Out) if they wanted. Though they didnt know that, even so they probably wouldnt go for a stadium like that anytime soon, its smart to lower your expectations.

Reactions: Grievous 3D

Rosie

Dark Side
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
dJvrW4y
Favorite Wrestler
kevinsteen
Favorite Wrestler
Se3BZPQ
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Sports Team
2DciFqq
Favorite Sports Team
OQcgyMS
Favorite Sports Team
coloradoavalanche
Favorite Sports Team
vCLYUUD
Short answer is no, every show does not need to sell out, and just because they dont doesnt mean the demand isnt there, Fyter Fest and Fight For The Fallen are not big/main shows, ofcourse they arent gonna sell out. And even though they didnt and wont, that doesnt take away from the huge demand there was for All Out when tickets went on sale, same with Double or Nothing. There is a undeniable audience for AEW and it shows, they could have sold out a 130.000 stadium for the show (All Out) if they wanted. Though they didnt know that, even so they probably wouldnt go for a stadium like that anytime soon, its smart to lower your expectations.

TNA was WWE's closest competition for years and most their shows were out of the Impact Zone. So, even if they aren't on WWE's level right now, it's still very impressive what they are doing by selling out a couple of big PPVs and they exceeded expectations sales wise for this show. It isn't to say they can't improve on things, like find the right balance of their BTE style comedy and keeping it serious and fine-tuning things like production and etc, but the start they are on is enough to take note and clap.

InsaneAlphaBeta

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho2
TNA was WWE's closest competition for years and most their shows were out of the Impact Zone. So, even if they aren't on WWE's level right now, it's still very impressive what they are doing by selling out a couple of big PPVs and they exceeded expectations sales wise for this show. It isn't to say they can't improve on things, like find the right balance of their BTE style comedy and keeping it serious and fine-tuning things like production and etc, but the start they are on is enough to take note and clap.
Exactly, and it speaks volumes about AEW that Vince has gone as far as to hire Paul Heyman and Eric Bischoff to run Raw and Smackdown respectively, getting the help of his former competition to help fend off and maybe beat the new compeition, its literately WWE WCW and ECW vs AEW.

And as we saw on Raw, Heyman has already had a pretty big impact on the show, its already an improvement and there was even a 10% increase in viewers, which is great news for them. AEW has already stepped up, if Raw was any indication then this is gonna be one hell of a war. When AEW finally comes to TV on TNT and Smackdown goes to Fox, thats when things will really start to pick up.

Grievous 3D

Is Currently In Stasis
Banned
Reaction score
That seems fair.

I just hope they make enough coin to keep the organization going
& continue to put on the kind of shows like Double Or Nothing &
Fyter Fest.

And its funny you mention Impact @Grunt Beavie because part of
me wants to see a AEW vs. Impact style event...although it is most
likely not on the cards.

Of course if I had my way every wrestling company Worldwide would
form a "business alliance" & stick as many needles as possible into
the WWE.

As far as "the War" goes...the WWE will have to show some incredible
improvement to bring me back to actually watching their product...
and frankly the AEW is just more exciting because its brand new &
offers something truly different.

Reactions: The Sheik

Jay-Ashley

The War Dog Rebel
Reaction score
Does every show have to sellout for the AEW to be considered
a success?

On what scale are we grading success here?
According to WWE shills if AEW isn't selling out then they aren't doing shit, which is ironic.

There really isn't any. It is just is a way for WWE shills to shit on AEW while hating on the product for little to no reason.

• Haha

Grievous 3D

Is Currently In Stasis
Banned
Reaction score
According to WWE shills if AEW isn't selling out then they aren't doing shit, which is ironic.

There really isn't any. It is just is a way for WWE shills to shit on AEW while hating on the product for little to no reason.
Oh...Okay.

So its like...

"The AEW didn't sell out the venue for their latest show! THEY SUCK!!!"

"But WWE numbers are lower than they have been in years."

*Puts fingers in their ears & starts screaming LA-LA-LA-LA-LA-LA!!!*

"Yeah...nice "talking" with you."

Jay-Ashley

The War Dog Rebel
Reaction score
Oh...Okay.

So its like...

"The AEW didn't sell out the venue for their latest show! THEY SUCK!!!"

"But WWE numbers are lower than they have been in years."

*Puts fingers in their ears & starts screaming LA-LA-LA-LA-LA-LA!!!*

"Yeah...nice "talking" with you."
And know you understand the Wrestling Community in 2019 and onward

• Haha

Grievous 3D

Is Currently In Stasis
Banned
Reaction score
And know you understand the Wrestling Community in 2019 and onward
Shark-Sir.jpg

The Sheik

The Architect
Technician
Reaction score
Clearly those WWE fans didn't notice the empty arena for Stomping Grounds.

I saw the pictures. It was fucking hilarious.

Jay-Ashley

The War Dog Rebel
Reaction score

They don't care. I just ignore it and say it wasn;t a major PPV and so it wasn't going to be sold out and blah blah blah

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score
8/10 for me.

I wanted to see more from the guys and gals I didn't know much about. They did an incredible job putting over Darby Allin as a sick SOB who's offense is borderline suicidal (or just insanely athletic) and he can take more abuse than he gives himself, though Cody controlling a match like that got dull real quick.

Jungle Boy stood out well in the 4-way, but I was expecting a bit more out of Jimmy Havoc who just seems like a good hand.

I wonder what'll happen when the Joshi girls start to Seperate themselves from one another. They all seem ultra talented and it'll be cool to watch their progress, also wondering about CIMA vs Omega.

One thing I love about this show is how they've blurred the lines between face and heel. Darby Allin felt like he cut a heel promo on Cody, then Cody worked the match 100% heel and they worked it to get Darby over, and then Shawn Spears turned heel on him...

Speaking of getting people over, this commentary team was really good tonight. It felt like they were really trying to enhance the show and tell you more about the strengths of the roster.

Grievous 3D

Is Currently In Stasis
Banned
Reaction score

And lets not forget a RAW show recently only drawing 3500 people.

The fucking Townsville Show does better numbers than that...and
that's just a redneck carnival run by dirty carnies in a bone dry city
built on a swamp.

Village Idiot

The Lunatic Fringe
Banned
Reaction score
Off Topic Posting
And lets not forget a RAW show recently only drawing 3500 people.

The fucking Townsville Show does better numbers than that...and
that's just a redneck carnival run by dirty carnies in a bone dry city
built on a swamp.
Quote..
in a bone dry city
built on a swamp.
Glad i Don't Live There lol ?