Suggestions

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Jonathan

Champion
Reaction score
Implement a 'Like' feature. Like, Facebook, pardon the pun.
Can be found here: http://mods.mybb.com/view/thank-you-like-system

A Joker award for people who provide entertainment to the forum.
Suggested icon: http://www.iconfinder.com/icondetails/15408/16/big_face_funny_smile_icon

A wrestling newsletter.
I would really like to run this, :cool:

That's it for now. :)

Crayo

The Boss
Reaction score
Website
wweforums.net
Loving the wrestling newsletter idea. That will be a definite addition. Will probably add that joker award actually too. The like feature isn't needed, we have reputation (you can rep people on single posts).

Good thread. :)

Jonathan

Champion
Reaction score
GAF said:
I like and agree with these ideas!

Perfect example for where the Like button could be used :D

Crayo said:
Loving the wrestling newsletter idea. That will be a definite addition. Will probably add that joker award actually too. The like feature isn't needed, we have reputation (you can rep people on single posts).

Good thread. :)

Ah, never realised that was added.
Can you give users more than one rep, not like +2 etc, but like 2 different times? If so, sweet :)

Yay at the newsletter :D
And yay at the Joker award :)

What about an award for great suggestions?

It could be called: 'Thinker'
Suggested image: http://www.iconfinder.com/icondetails/49484/16/brain_brainstorm_brainstorming_think_thinking_icon

:rolleyes:

Crayo

The Boss
Reaction score
Website
wweforums.net
Good idea actually, would encourage suggestions. You're on a roll (and so hunting for some awards lmao :))

Yeah you can rep multiple times, but on my last forum it was abused so I'm hoping this time it won't be. By abused I mean they repped the same user over and over again, which ruins the system. I'd love to be able to alter it by making it you need to rep like 3 different users (at the least) before repping the same user again.

Twitter: http://twitter.com/wweforumsnet

Facebook doesn't really help getting traffic. I use the twitter to abuse WWE trends, to get noticed. Hence the spam. Follow the Twitter :).

Roach

Inappropriately dressed Walmart shopper
Reaction score
Website
www.dogforo.co.uk
Well then you should promote the Twitter page more on the index of the forum

Also a section for fan art like signature and avatar creation should be added.

Crayo

The Boss
Reaction score
Website
wweforums.net
You're right, I should. I'll add that to the top too, might make a Twitter award and have it limited to first 10-15 users to follow the twitter and prove it, they get the award, then the award gets stopped (else everyone has an award).

Jonathan

Champion
Reaction score
Crayo said:
Good idea actually, would encourage suggestions. You're on a roll (and so hunting for some awards lmao :))

Yeah you can rep multiple times, but on my last forum it was abused so I'm hoping this time it won't be. By abused I mean they repped the same user over and over again, which ruins the system. I'd love to be able to alter it by making it you need to rep like 3 different users (at the least) before repping the same user again.

Twitter: http://twitter.com/wweforumsnet

Facebook doesn't really help getting traffic. I use the twitter to abuse WWE trends, to get noticed. Hence the spam. Follow the Twitter :).

Of course I'm award hunting! I'm an award whore! ;)
And yes, I would say I'm on a roll ;) ;)

I hope it's not abused. Damn hippies.

Followin'

Crayo said:
You're right, I should. I'll add that to the top too, might make a Twitter award and have it limited to first 10-15 users to follow the twitter and prove it, they get the award, then the award gets stopped (else everyone has an award).

I would be first in line for that! :p

Anonymous

The Artiste
Reaction score
A like (or post rating plugin) was something I tried making quite a while back when I first started with Mybb Plugins, so I'm interested in going back to that and trying to get something up. I'll be hijacking the concept of Karma used on many other sites in place of voting.

I'll just add the +/-1 rating system first, then focus on other features (like showing total karma in profile, showing who rated a post, etc) later on.

Jonathan

Champion
Reaction score
Anonymous said:
A like (or post rating plugin) was something I tried making quite a while back when I first started with Mybb Plugins, so I'm interested in going back to that and trying to get something up. I'll be hijacking the concept of Karma used on many other sites in place of voting.

I'll just add the +/-1 rating system first, then focus on other features (like showing total karma in profile, showing who rated a post, etc) later on.

*Jonathan likes this post*