WWE Superstars Falling Ratings

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
WWE Superstars most recent episode scored a rating of 0.65.

That is a shocking number for the show even if it is the new version of Heat/Velocity. True it's regular rating was between 0.9-1.0 but it has been this low for a few weeks now.

To me Superstars used to be a decent show, you would have one match from Smackdown, RAW and ECW each week featuring mainly the midcard and upper-midcard from those shows. Each week it produced a good show with three decent matches, it was mainly just matches on those shows which was nice as well rather than putting up with promos and skits.

Now though the show reallly does just feature the midcard of the brands. Last week there was Michelle McCool vs Kelly Kelly, Chavo Guererro vs Chris Masters and the Uso's vs Goldust and Yoshi Tatsu. Not a thrilling show at all. They used to feature IC and US title matches regularly on the show and it would have a decent mainevent. Now it has three opening show quality matches which isn't going to draw.

WWE need to put some more effort into the show and feature some of the title holders on the show to help draw in viewers. I really liked the concept when they first started this but now it really needs to go back to what it was to keep me watching.

Do you watch Superstars? What would you do to help boost the ratings?

Dademo

Reaction score
I've honestly never seen an episode of Superstars because I don't have that channel. I know it's taped, and I wanted to watch it because I heard it had some good quality matches, but who knows now.

To boost the ratings, I would try to continue certain storylines, maybe like adding some superstars from the Nexus wrestle superstars like Team Cena, but not add-on to the storyline as it would be hard for it to continue on Superstars.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
So the channel that WWE Superstars is on isn't a main channel then? That helps explain why its maximum rating is in the 1.0 range if the channel isn't that widely available. Still the ratings have been dropping in the same time slot on the same channel. Does IMPACT or Reaction have a cross-over with Superstars meaning do they run at the same time competiting for the same audience?

Having the Nexus storyline spill over to Superstars would indeed help get the ratings up since it would mean more high profile wrestlers on the show. They used to have matches like CM Punk vs Kane on the show yet you rarely see top stars on the show now. Matches like Matt Hardy vs Cody Rhodes or The Miz vs Evan Bourne would be matches I would like to see included on the show and I think that it would draw more ratings.

Brock Lesnar

Reaction score
Superstars isn't on a channel that I have on my cable. Furthermore, it's not a good show, and I don't give a shit about it. That's what it is really, point blank. I don't care about it, and I don't know if I ever will. It's just a show that features newbs that I don't care about.

xXSlaveXx

Reaction score
Superstars is pretty er...urgh. It's full of jobbers and sure if you're bored you'll check it out but Superstars isn't even a brand as such because they use random jobbers from each brand. I don't like the show at all.