Reviewing every WWE PPV in order from worst to best

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Jarf

Reaction score
Money in the Bank 2019

1000011098.jpg

Match 1: Money in the Bank Ladder Match - Bayley def. Mandy Rose, Ember Moon, Natalya, Naomi, Carmella, Nikki Cross & Dana Brooke (13:51)

1000011110.jpg

This is awkward. The last Money in the Bank, I expressed how I thought about the women’s Ladder Match on that show. I don’t think this one was that great either. Matter of fact, its worse at times. It does have its enjoyable moments though. I love Nikki Cross being a crazy bitch. She does the spot where she wraps the ladder around her head and spins around. At one point in the match, Mandy Rose kicks a ladder into Carmella’s knee and it looked here like Carmella was legitimately hurt and they take her to the back. I won’t lie, I got worked. Because Mandy went to continue attacking her, but Carmella shoves her away and says “back off!” Like she’s legit pissed. I thought she was actually hurt. Naomi shows her flexibility, she winds up between 4 women each holding both ends of 2 different ladders. They go to sandwich her, and Naomi splits between them, so they crash into each other instead. Out of all the women in this match to end doing this spot, it wasn’t Dana Brooke, but she winds up being pushed off her side of the ladder while clinging to the briefcase so she’s literally hanging in there! There’s 4 different women one ladder at one point and Nattie pushes the ladder over, sending them to the ground. But behind her, Ember Moon gets on a ladder standing on the outside of the ring and hits Nattie with an Eclipse! The crowd pops huge for that. Moon goes to climb the ladder, but Mandy Rose pushes the ladder over and starts to climb it herself. But Carmella comes back out, on a limp knee, walking very slowly. But Mandy Rose, sees her and instead of climbing the ladder to grab the briefcase before she gets there, climbs back down, gets out of the ring and tries to attack her, only to get laid out on her back. Quite possibly one of the dumbest moves I’ve ever seen. Mandy would’ve won if she wasn’t so STUPID! STUPID! STUPID! Carmella gets back in the ring, goes to climb the ladder, but Sonya Deville runs down, pulls her off the ladder and lays Carmella out with a spear. Then she picks Mandy up, and fireman carries her up the ladder, until the reach the top, where Sonya sets Mandy up vertically on the ladder. Mandy is about to win a second time and for a second time, she chokes, because Bayley comes in, climbs the other side and looks Mandy dead in the face. And nothing was stopping Mandy from punching Bayley here, but because she’s stupid, she must not have thought of that, and Bayley pushes her and Sonya off the ladder and takes the briefcase to a pretty big pop.

My Rating: ***

Match 2: United States Championship Match - Rey Mysterio def. Samoa Joe (c) (1:39)

1000011112.jpg

I have to wonder what the thought process here was. I know that Rey had to give up the US Title the next night. Was his injury a work or legit. Because if it was a work, I have to wonder what they were trying to do here. Since this match is less than 2 minutes, I can sum it up like this. Joe beats the crap out of Rey, until Rey hits him with a senton and breaks Joe’s nose. If I had a nickel for every time Rey Mysterio broke a man’s nose with his ass, I’d have 2 nickels, which isn’t a lot, but its weird that it happened twice. Joe goes for a powerbomb, but Rey reverses it into a hurricanrana into a pin to quickly beat Joe, who had one shoulder up and this shoulder isn’t just a little bit off the mat. The referee had to go out of his way to not see this shoulder. Rey wins and Pre-Prison Dom comes down to celebrate. But Joe comes back out and beats the shit out of Rey. And Michael Cole says “He’s decimating Rey in front of his teenage son!” Now I know for a fucking fact that Dominik was not a teenager at this point. Ya know why? He’s older than me and I was fucking 20 at this point. I don’t have a big issue with that. I just think its funny.

Match 3: Steel Cage Match - Shane McMahon def. The Miz (13:08)

1000011114.jpg

This match has a bit of a harsh rating on cagematch. I think they’re rating it more for the storyline than the match itself because I didn’t think it was that bad. It’s not good by any means, but not horrible. Also, how the hell do I keep getting these shows with Shane McMahon on it? Pretty sure this is the 5th PPV in a row where he’s been involved. This is a far cry from the Shane who had that awesome Last Man Standing Match with Kane. Miz has to pretty much carry it. Shane tries to escape early several times. He tries to climb out through the door, but Miz grabs him and pulls him back in, but Shane grabs a chair from under the ring and goes to use it, but Miz gets it instead and wails on Shane with it. I did love when Shane tries to escape and climb out the door again, Miz lets him get his head out before he shuts the door on him. Shane takes a bump from the top of the cage and later Miz tries to make him do it again. Miz tries a superplex from the top of the cage. But Shane slides out of his shirt that Miz was clinging to and falls to victory to the floor.

My Rating: **3/4

Match 4: Cruiserweight Championship Match - Tony Nese (c) def. Ariya Daivari (9:22)

1000011113.jpg

How is it that Cedric Alexander and Buddy Murphy were relegated to the pre-show during their title reigns, but when Tony Nese gets the title, he gets a match on the main show? A boring match at that. It starts to pick up towards the end to be fair, but not until after they’ve already bored me to tears. Tony Nese hits a 450 splash and Daivari kicks out. I think that should’ve been the match right there. He goes for a knee to the face in the corner, but Daivari gets up and hits him with a superkick. He hammerlocks Nese’s arm and clotheslines him which sends him inside out. But Nese kicks out. Daivari gets sent on his ass into the corner and Nese hits him with a knee to the face to retain his title.

My Rating: **1/2

Match 5: Raw Women’s Championship Match - Becky Lynch (c) def. Lacey Evans (8:38)

1000011111.jpg

Ah yes, the start of that Lacey Evans push that we all remember and love. Right guys? In all seriousness, this is not how you start Becky’s title reign. What’s important to say though is that she has another title defense later. This is pretty much their Stomping Grounds match. A match that would be better suited for an episode of Raw instead of a PPV. Becky schools the rookie at first, but Lacey starts to wear Becky down and its boring. She’s the “sassy southern belle” and its blegh. Who cares. Lacey tries to roll Becky up from behind, but Becky reverses it into the Dis-Arm-Her, and Lacey immediately taps out. Becky retains the Raw title.

My Rating: **1/4

Match 6: SmackDown Women’s Championship Match - Charlotte Flair def. Becky Lynch (c) (6:12)

1000011116.jpg

But as Becky tries to leave, Charlotte’s music hits and she says “get back in there.” According to Corey Graves, this match isn’t supposed to happen until later, but Becky, all cocky, takes Charlotte up on her challenge and the match is happening now. Charlotte is, as you can expect in control for a lot of the match as Becky just finished up with one. But Becky isn’t helpless and fights back and gets some decent shots in. They go to the apron and Charlotte tries to hit Natural Selection on the apron, but Becky hangs on to the ropes, and Charlotte crashes to the floor on her back. Becky gets back in the ring and the referee starts to count Charlotte out while Lacey Evans runs back out to hit Becky in the face. Charlotte gets back in and big boots Becky to win the title.

My Rating: **1/2

Match 7: SmackDown Women’s Championship Match - Bayley def. Charlotte Flair (c) (0:20)

1000011120.jpg

And after that match, Lacey and Charlotte gang up on Becky and beat her down in a corner. The crowd starts chanting “We want Bayley!” And they get their wish, because Bayley’s music hits, she disposes of Lacey and gets attacked by Charlotte from behind. Charlotte goes back to beating up Becky. She goes to spear Bayley, but Bayley sidesteps and Charlotte goes head first into the middle turnbuckle, basically knocking her out. Bayley takes the briefcase and hands it to the referee who asks “are you sure you wanna cash this in?” As the referees usually do and Bayley goes “Yes I wanna cash it in you idiot!” As the briefcase holders usually do. I’ll never forget when Carmella brought a referee to the ring with her and the guy was still like “you wanna cash this in? Really?” Anyway, Bayley goes to the top rope and hits an elbow drop on Charlotte’s chest to become the new SmackDown Women’s Champion!

Match 8: Roman Reigns def. Elias (0:10)

1000011115.jpg

Before this match even starts, Elias breaks his guitar over Roman’s back backstage and then goes down to the ring to play concert that made me yawn. So after Elias’ concert, he goes to leave. Roman’s music hits, he superman punches Elias on the stage and drags him to the ring. Bell rings, Roman hits a Spear, 1, 2, 3. Collect your paycheck and get out.

Match 9: Universal Championship Match - Seth Rollins (c) def. AJ Styles (19:51)

1000011117.jpg

The hype and the anticipation was high for this match. And the only question was could it live up to the hype? Hell yeah it did! An amazing way to start Seth’s title reign. The match starts slowly, both men trying to outwrestle the other and get the better of the other. But the pace gradually picks up more and more. AJ tries to go for the Styles Clash off the apron, but Seth escapes it. Seth hits a suicide dive onto AJ on the outside. Both men make it back to their feet and in the ring, but Seth sends AJ back out with a clothesline so he can hit another suicide dive. There’s counters a plenty for the rest of the match and both men are evenly matched. Styles goes for the Styles Clash, but Seth back body drops him over and sits down on him, hooking the legs in a pin, Styles reverses it into a sunset flip pin, but Rollins escapes and from there, picks AJ off the mat in a powerbomb position and hits the buckle bomb, followed by a beautiful frog splash! Seth hits an inverted superplex from the top rope! Seth goes for a superkick, but AJ sidesteps and from there, puts Seth in the Calf Crusher and puts TORQUE on that thing! AJ hits a backflip off the second rope into a reverse DDT. The two men start throwing fists and chops with AJ going for that combination, backhand, backhand, kick to the knee and clothesline, but Seth sidesteps and hits an enziguri, a dazed AJ goes for the pele kick, but Seth sidesteps that and hits AJ with a superkick! And in one of the best counters I’ve ever seen, Seth goes for the Curb Stomp, but AJ catches him to hit the Styles Clash! But Rollins kicks out. Styles goes to the apron for the Styles Clash, but Rollins sidesteps and knees AJ in the face, hits another superkick and finishes the match with a Curb Stomp to retain. The two men shake hands after putting on the match of the night!

My Rating: ****1/2

Match 10: WWE Championship Match - Kofi Kingston (c) def. Kevin Owens (14:58)

1000011119.jpg

While nowhere near as good as the match before it, this was a good way to begin Kofi’s title reign as well. I’d say this is the best of Kofi’s title defenses on PPV. Kofi gets things off to a hot start, overwhelming KO with his agility. Owens goes to irish whip Kofi into the ring from the outside, but Kofi leaps up, climbs the turnbuckle and leaps onto KO on the outside. Owens takes control of the match after a superkick and wears Kofi down with strikes and pretty much throwing his body on him. Owens takes a couple horrible bumps during the match. He looks like he’s going for a powerbomb on Kofi, but Kofi back drops him into the corner. And then a standing double stomp on the apron which I bet is horrible to take no matter what. Kofi goes back up to the top rope to dive on KO, but Owens superkicks him out of the air and sends him back in the ring so they can do a nice sequence. Owens sends Kofi off the ropes for the pop-up powerbomb. Kofi goes over KO and lands on his feet. He goes for the SOS, Kevin escapes and goes for the Stunner, but Kofi shoves him off and then hits the SOS for a 2 count. Kofi goes for Trouble in Paradise and gets caught in a boston crab by KO but Kofi reaches the ropes and Owens soon hits the Pop-Up Powerbomb. Owens goes the Stunner again, but Kofi shoves him away and now hits Trouble in Paradise, but Owens falls outside of the ring. Kofi brings him back in, trying to beat him the ring, but Owens stuns him, but Kofi falls near the ropes and gets his foot on the bottom rope. Owens then hilariously takes Kofi's sneakers off and throws them outside. He tries a Senton, but Kofi gets his knees up, hits the Trouble in Paradise to take the title home.

My Rating: ***3/4

Main Event: Money in the Bank Ladder Match - Brock Lesnar def. Randy Orton, Drew McIntyre, Baron Corbin, Andrade, Finn Balor, Ricochet & Mustafa Ali (19:01)

1000011118.jpg

It really is a damn shame that this match ended the way that it did because this was one of the best Money in the Bank Matches I had ever seen up until that point. I’ll get to that in a bit and talk about the insanity of this match. First off, Randy Orton doesn’t do a whole lot in the match, but when he does, you notice it. The man takes Ali and Finn Balor and drops them both off the announce table while Ricochet dives on the other men in the match on the outside. Ricochet goes after Orton, but he ends up getting dropped too and Orton dusts his hands off. McIntyre and Corbin work together for most of the match. Most of it. Finn Balor in particular dies for this fucking match. This man takes 3 back bumps onto a ladder including a sunset flip off the top of a ladder from Andrade onto a ladder bridged between that one and the ring ropes. They show a replay of the sunset flip and after landing, Balor bounces off it like 4 feet into the air and hits the ladder again! Drew McIntyre bridges a ladder between the the ring apron and an announce table and presses Ali over his head. But Ali slides down his back and escapes, only to be grabbed by Corbin and chokeslammed through a table! And what's funny is after that, the crowd chants "you still suck!" Corbin grabs McIntyre and throws him over the barricade, terminating that alliance. Corbin hits Ricochet with a Deep Six on the outside, but McIntyre comes back and drops him with a Claymore. Drew goes in to climb the ladder again, but Ricochet comes in to stop him. He gets halfway up the ladder before he's pulled back down by Drew who grabs him by the face and says "Not today!" And then fucking throws Ricochet over the ropes through the bridged ladder outside! Drew goes to climb again, but gets yanked off by Orton who RKOs him. Corbin gets in and sends Orton shoulder first into the ring post. Ali finally comes back in though and sends Corbin outside. Ali is at the top and is about to take the briefcase down… when Brock Lesnar's God damn music hits! He runs down! Ruins this amazing match just by fucking being there! He tips the ladder over with Ali on it and climbs it himself and takes the briefcase down… And I remember the exact reaction I had as I type this out. Which was 30 seconds of silence followed by a muffled scream as I held my hands in my head! So not only was it just about guaranteed Brock would be champion again, but he came in at the end. After the 7 guys who were in the match put on one of the most exciting Money in the Bank Matches ever, Brock runs down and just wins it. I would've rather seen Corbin win it. Baron Corbin! If it wasn’t for this ending, I probably would be giving it 4.5. But fuck this ending!

My Rating: ****1/4

Cagematch: 6.11

My Rating: 6/10

First half of the PPV was so uninteresting. Nothing about it was particularly bad, aside from Lacey Evans. It's just the Women’s Ladder Match wasn’t that great. Pretty much the only enjoyable thing before the final 3 matches was the rise of Bayley pretty much. But then you have Seth and AJ having one of the best matches for WWE this year. Kofi vs KO, while not spectacular was also a good watch. That men's Ladder Match was spectacular aside from the finish and who won it. And ultimately, that's probably why I'm going with a 6 overall for this show. Because Vince had to disgrace us with Brock Lesnar's presence. I can’t imagine being one of the 7 guys in that match and killing my body only for Brock to run in at the end and win it.

They gave us ladders on this show, time to add tables and chairs to that. Next I'll be reviewing TLC 2013.

Reactions: Skyefire and Chris

Jarf

Reaction score
TLC 2013

1000011126.jpg

Match 1: 3-on-1 Handicap Match - CM Punk def. The Shield (13:41)

1000011127.jpg

At the time, I wasn’t sure how I felt about CM Punk beating The Shield, but considering it was more about luck, I’m okay with it. This was at the time they were trying to build Roman up as the ‘leader’ of The Shield for some reason, even though that goes against what made The Shield cool to begin with was that there was no leader. Punk starts the match with Dean. Ambrose tries to push Punk into the Shield’s corner. Seth gets tagged in next and he tries to do the same, Punk escapes again. Then Roman gets tagged in and he freaking picks Punk up by the throat with both hands and throws him into the Shield’s corner. And from here, The Shield start to wear Punk down. Roman tosses Punk outside near the announce tables and Roman gets out the side. He OOH AHHs and runs over looking to Spear Punk, but Punk sidesteps and Roman flies over the announce table. He gets back in, and commentary makes a big deal out of Roman hurting his eye when he flew into them. Punk attacks Roman’s eye, and Roman tosses Punk over the ropes so he can tag out. A doctor comes out to check on Roman, but Punk still has to fight off Seth and Dean. Coming down to the end, Punk hits Seth with the GTS, and then picks Dean up. Dean slides off the back, and Roman comes back in trying to Spear Punk, but Punk sidesteps again and Roman Spears Dean instead. Punk throws Roman out and pins Dean to pull off the upset.

My Rating: ***1/4

Match 2: Divas Championship Match - AJ Lee (c) def. Natalya (6:35)

1000011128.jpg

Considering this was pre women’s revolution, this was probably one of the best women’s matches in WWE up to this point. Natalya starts off outwrestling AJ. But AJ starts to wear Nattie down after a distraction from Tamina. Even hits a roundhouse kick which was odd. But Nattie starts to make a comeback, puts AJ down and puts her in the Sharpshooter. AJ escapes by lifting her body through Nattie's legs. Tamina gets on the apron to cause a distraction, Nattie knocks her off and AJ tilt-a-whirls into the Black Widow. But Nattie escapes and hits a spinning clothesline. She goes for another Sharpshooter, but AJ reaches up and pulls Nattie down into a small package to retain.

My Rating: **3/4

Match 3: Intercontinental Championship Match - Big E. Langston (c) def. Damien Sandow (6:27)

1000011129.jpg

An uninteresting title match. Also, this isn't to say the Intercontinental Title isn't worth fighting for, but you gotta feel for Sandow. Won MITB, cashed in and lost to Cena. And pretty much immediately became a midcarder again. Big E. uses his power, Sandow uses his craftiness. Sandow starts wearing E. down after he pulls him into the ring post. Sandow wears E down for a bit. Big E. starts the comeback after an electric chair drop. E picks Sandow up, hits the Big Ending and retains.

My Rating: **

Match 4: WWE Tag Team Championship Fatal 4-Way Elimination Match - The Rhodes Brothers (c) def. Big Show & Rey Mysterio, The Real Americans & RybAxel (21:04)

1000011130.jpg

It was at this point in the show where I realized how there was very little stipulations revolving around tables, ladders, or chairs. Like, they couldn’t have even made this a Tables Elimination Match? Whatever, It’s a pretty good match at least. Ryback and Curtis Axel are 2 more guys who fell down the card hard. Not that the Tag Titles weren’t prestigious, but Ryback was competing for the WWE Title and Axel was the Intercontinental Champ a month earlier. And they were the first team eliminated in 6 minutes. Goldust rolls Ryback up from behind to eliminate them. Ryback clotheslines Goldust and then leaves. So then The Real Americans isolate Goldust from both corners and wear him down for a boring amount of time. Goldust hits a Yoshi-Tonic on Cesaro and tries to reach for Cody, but Swagger pulls him off the apron and Goldust goes to tag Big Show instead after whipping out a hurricanrana on Cesaro. Big Show comes in and cleans house. He goosels Cesaro, but Swagger comes in, taking his attention away, and Big Show punches Swagger. Cesaro goes to the second rope and leaps off, but Big Show hits him in mid-air to eliminate them, leaving us down to 2 teams. Big Show helps Goldust up, and Goldust starts for some reason even though he just got his ass whooped for like 7 minutes. Goldust and Big Show tag out their partners so Rey and Cody can have a beautiful sequence to end the match. Big Show tosses Goldust into the barricade, but Goldust pushes Big Show into the ring apron, taking them both out the rest of the match. Cody goes for a springboard and Rey catches him in a powerbomb which I wasn’t expecting! Cody goes for a Cross Rhodes, but Rey from that position sends Cody into the ropes with a head scissors. Rey goes for the 619, but Cody catches him and sets him up in an Alabama Slam position. Rey slides down the back into a sunset flip pin, Cody kicks out. Rey goes for a tilt-a-whirl, but Cody reverses that into the Cross Rhodes and the Super Rhodes Bros retain.

My Rating: ***1/2

Match 5: R-Truth def. Brodus Clay (6:02)

1000011133.jpg

Ah Brodus Clay… Fuck you. This match is what you would probably expect apart from the Tensai stuff. Tensai comes down with Clay and he’s involved twice. As Brodus beats up Truth, and drops his fat ass down on him repeatedly, Tensai tells him several times to just pin him, but Brodus just wants to beat up Truth. They get into 2 arguments during the match over this. Tensai gets fed up and leaves the ringside as well as the Funkadactyls. This distraction allows Truth to hit Brodus with a Scissors Kick to win the match.

My Rating: 1/2*

Match 6: No DQ Match - Kofi Kingston def. The Miz (8:00)

1000011134.jpg

This match was added literally at the last minute on the kickoff show and was made a No DQ Match. As lame a stipulation as it is, I would expect this to be a chairs match or something. The No DQ stipulation doesn't even come into play until the end so there's really no point in having it. Kofi starts off hot, but after Miz ducks a Trouble in Paradise, causing Kofi's leg to hit the ring post, Miz starts to work Kofi's leg. The crowd starts to chant boring at some point, and they're right. This match was boring. Miz takes the pad off the top turnbuckle, and goes for Skull Crushing Finale into it, but Kofi escapes that. The crowd chants "we want tables." But you ain't getting any. Miz's head hits the exposed turnbuckle and followed by a Trouble in Paradise, Kofi wins. What an outstanding show this is, I say dripping with sarcasm.

My Rating: **

Match 7: 3-on-1 Handicap Match - The Wyatt Family def. Daniel Bryan (12:25)

1000011131.jpg

Pretty much a squash with a fast paced comeback towards the end. In the early parts of the match, Bray doesn’t take his hawaiian shirt or his hat off and just sits in the chair and I like that. He has faith that Harper and Rowan can beat down Bryan. And how can you blame him, they’re massive dudes. That’s exactly what they do. Harper and Rowan toss Bryan around like trash. At some point, Harper looks at Bray and spreads his arms as Bryan lays beneath him, almost as if he’s offering Bryan up to him. Bray talks a bunch of shit to Bryan, telling him they could run this place if he would join them. Bryan resists, and Bray knocks him back down. He tags Harper back in and tells him to finish him. But Harper gets hung up on the top rope after missing a big boot. Bryan hits Bray and Rowan with a double dropkick, sending them off the apron. Bryan picks Harper up on the top rope and hits a backdrop. Bryan hits Harper with a kick to the head and a headbutt. Rowan comes back in and gets tied up in the ropes, leaving him free game for Bryan to kick over and over. He dropkicks Rowan over the top rope. Harper gets sent outside too, Bray sends Bryan off the ropes and Bryan ducks under a clothesline to hit a suicide dive on Harper, which sends him over the announce table! Bryan hits a dropkick from the top rope on Bray, and puts him in the Yes Lock! But Bray escapes and elbows Bryan repeatedly in the face, before he picks him back up and hits Sister Abigail to win the match.

My Rating: ***1/4

Main Event: TLC Unification Match for the WWE & World Heavyweight Championships - Randy Orton (WWE) def. John Cena (WH) (24:35)

1000011132.jpg

An interesting thing to note before I talk about this match. In the video package, they show various points from both men’s careers. Their debuts, their first midcard title win, their Royal Rumble wins, their Money in the Bank wins and the first time they won a World Title. Now if you recall, Orton beat Chris Benoit to win his first world title, and they actually show Orton pinning Benoit to win it. They don’t show Benoit’s face, but I thought it was weird they actually showed him in the footage. They built this match up like it was the biggest match of all time. As if they didn’t do a title unification 12 years earlier. I could tell this was going to be slow paced when the first thing they did was collar and elbow, followed by a headlock. Because that’s what I love about TLC Matches. But for the most part, I think this was a good match. Not a great match but a good one. I’m probably one of the only people who think their match at Royal Rumble a month later was better though. They set up a table on the outside and halfway through the match, Cena hits Orton with a ladder, sending him off the apron through the table. Cena had plenty of time to grab the title, but Orton comes back in, shoves the ladder over and hits Cena with an RKO. Cena gets back up and sends Orton outside, where he grabs the steel steps and bounces it twice off Orton’s head. But Orton grabs a microphone and bounces it off Cena’s head. Orton takes apart the announce table, only to go for a Punt Kick. But Cena moves out of the way and drops Orton through the table with an AA. Cena goes in, climbs the ladder, but Orton tips the ladder over with Cena holding on to the titles. Orton grabs a chair and slams it in Cena’s back, sending him back down. Orton wails on Cena with the chair, and Cena tackles Orton through a table set up in the corner. But Orton recovers first because “Cena’s head hits the table.” Whatever, I’ll take that. Orton goes out, grabs a pair of handcuffs, and cuffs Cena’s hand to the bottom rope. Orton goes halfway up the entrance way and grabs a huge ladder, brings it into the ring and starts to climb it. But the way Cena escapes is by unhooking the rope from the turnbuckle. So he climbs up the ladder, taking the bottom ring rope with him and hits Orton in the head with it. Orton goes down and grabs the ring rope, before he pulls Cena off, head first into a table set up in the corner. It works. I’ll take it. Orton goes up to take both titles down and become the WWE World Heavyweight Champion. Not a lot of standout spots during this match, but that ending was pretty damn cool.

My Rating: ***1/2

Cagematch Rating: 6.11

My Rating: 5/10

This show was so damn boring. This was a poorly booked TLC PPV as far as stipulations are concerned. Hardly anything relating to the 3 weapons they center this show around. I thought that was the whole point. Any card with Brodus Clay on it loses points from me. It’s not like every match was bad though, so I can’t be too hard on it. The only other thing I’ll talk about was the unification match. Was there a single person who gave a shit about this match? In all honesty? I know I sure as hell didn’t.

It’s once again time to get ready to rumble. I’ll be reviewing Royal Rumble 1993 next.

Reactions: Skyefire and Chris