WWE Batista Speaks

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Pwpix.net:batista2:

Why he's a perfect fit to play Drax the Destroyer in Marvel's Guardians of the Galaxy:

"It’s one of those things I think people always see me as this big, tough, strong guy. They don’t really see me as anything else. I’ve never been the type of guy who really holds back my feelings for people. If I love them, I tell them. I kind of wear my heart on my sleeve. I’m not afraid to shed a tear. I think Drax is the same way. I think that is what I brought to him and why I think [Director] James [Gunn] wanted me for the part. He said to me once that I had actions to my emotions. I think that’s why he wanted me because I don’t think he wanted Drax to just be a tough guy. I think he wanted him to have that love and emotion he had for his family. People need to see that heartbreak."
Moving to wrestling, what's the best rib [practical joke] that's been played on you?
I'm not the biggest ribber, so this is not so much of a rib but as you know, I made my WWE debut alongside Devon. I was a rookie and - I learned this the hard way - sometimes you should just keep your mouth shut. I made a bet with him when we were somewhere in New Mexico, because Devon was notoriously late, I told him that if he beat me to the show that I'd run around the building naked. Even though I hadn't really meant it, he picked up on it and ran with it. So he ended up winning the bet, of course, and I was going to keep to my word and run around the building naked. One of the WWE producers vetoed the idea but I was the rookie and obligated to suck it up. So I was at his mercy and the trade for the naked run was that I had to do 25 individual push-ups whenever and wherever he told me to. After each push up I had to scream out "I'm Devon's b***h". I did them - I think he let me out of about five of them because he eventually just felt so bad. But I did them in random places - it was on planes, it was in restaurants.....
It's not so long since you visited WWE's developmental territory, NXT - who should we be looking out for?
Well I didn't get to see all the talent at NXT but they've certainly got some down there. Some big boys down there too! The person I'd really like to see come up and I hope she changes things around for the women's division which has gotten so fluff, is Ashley Fleihr or Miss Charlotte as she's known there. I really hope that she does well. I watched her in a match with Nattie Neidhart recently and it was a really good match. I think that was mostly down to Nattie because Ashley is still learning, she's still super green but I'm hopeful that she's got a big part of her dad (Ric Flair) in her and that she can change things around because she's very athletic. That division used to have girls who could go and now it's rubbish. Think of Lita, you know, that's when the women's division was respectable.
Sting has just appeared on a WWE panel at a comic convention. Will we see him wrestling in the WWE soon?
I don't know - you know, they've been talking about that for years. I've never even met him. But I hope so. I think he's got a place there. But they need to do it soon because the audience is changing so much that if they wait any longer, the audience is going to be a bunch of kids and when he comes out they're going to chant CM Punk!
What are your thoughts on Jeff Jarrett's new GFW promotion - is it good for business?
Any competition is good for business, the problem is they're just not going to be any competition. They'll never beat the production of the WWE. It's a huge production, they're just so good at what they do and they're on top of the world for a reason. It's a first class production and I don't see anybody being a threat. WCW was the closest thing and I think it's a shame they went under because I think competition is a good thing but that promotion or any other promotion is just not competition.
What did you think of the Undertaker's Wrestlemania streak being broken?
It sucked! Honestly, I thought it sucked. I haven't really talked much about it but I think it was a bad decision, a horrible decision. I don't have any say in the matter but to me, watching as a fan, it made me sick. Brock Lesnar beating him didn't seem to work and it really wasn't good that Brock left the day after. I just don't see how that made sense at all. I don't think anyone wanted to see the streak broken and it just didn't make sense to me.
When you left WWE, the Shield broke up - what did you think about that and their individual efforts?
It's similar to my take on the Undertaker. I guess there comes a point where you have to send them their separate ways but - and it's just my opinion - I don't think they were ready. I don't think they're ready to fly solo. I realise where they're going and that WWE will push Roman Reigns straight to the top. However for me, Dean Ambrose is by far the most talented in that group and I think eventually if they just give him the spotlight then he's going to shine. As soon as he touches a mic everyone else can just sit down as he's magic on it. So It remains to be seen, I think they're all talented but to me Dean was the star of that group. I think Roman looks like the star of that group but I don't think he's nearly as talented as Dean.

Reactions: Twitchy

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers

Kiffy Lube

Girls Just Wanna Have Fun
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
I didn't know he was a wrestling fan.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Can't wait to see Guardians.....don't overload with nerrdtalk about what the comics were, I won't care.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
Think he made some points there.

Twitchy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
machoman
Favorite Wrestler
heathslater
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho2
Favorite Wrestler
alsnow
Favorite Wrestler
melina
I pretty much feel the same way about Dean Ambrose too!

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
I hope Devon calls him and makes him do it after hearing about the interview.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
I agree with him about The Streak as well. I don't think anyone should have beat it at this point. If it were to end, I don't mind Brock being the one to do it, but I just wish it hadn't have ended.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Batista thinks Ambrose will be the real star of The Shield?

Great minds think alike.

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
It must kill Psych to read Batista saying that Nattie carried the match with Charlotte :banderas:

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
It must kill Psych to read Batista saying that Nattie carried the match with Charlotte :banderas:
Still doesn't make any damn sense to act like a rookie is carrying a vet. Rooks aren't allowed to call spots in rasslin.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
Think of Lita, you know, that's when the women's division was respectable.

FUCK THIS OPINION! Sorry, just read this part and everyone pretty much has it. How was the division respectable then? And is it just a coincidence that when people talk about it they only mention Lita or Trish? Sure some will throw around Molly or Victoria as well, but the division was 85% eye candy still, and Lita is more known for being with Edge than wrestling now. It got more exposure then because more of the girls were exposed and every now and then they'd have a pretty good match and very rarely a good feud, but other then that nowadays division is almost the same just without the sex-related segments. Take those away from that era and you'd have the same amount of screen time with the divas anyway.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
FUCK THIS OPINION! Sorry, just read this part and everyone pretty much has it. How was the division respectable then? And is it just a coincidence that when people talk about it they only mention Lita or Trish? Sure some will throw around Molly or Victoria as well, but the division was 85% eye candy still, and Lita is more known for being with Edge than wrestling now. It got more exposure then because more of the girls were exposed and every now and then they'd have a pretty good match and very rarely a good feud, but other then that nowadays division is almost the same just without the sex-related segments. Take those away from that era and you'd have the same amount of screen time with the divas anyway.
Lita was a Hardy gurl whose only eye candy was a thong poking out, who got some of the biggest pops of the night well before she broke her neck or was linked to Edge my boy.

WRONG!

Also, Trish had two big feuds.....not like Womens wrestling was in some sort of golden period in WWE, and never has their been a glory period for womens wrestling in North America.....Not like they ever reached the heights of Japanese womens wrestling of the 90s.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
I'm just saying everyone always acts like the women's wrestler was amazing in that era and it was just more filler with a few fond memories thrown in. It was definitely better than today's stuff, but really not by too much.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
I'm just saying everyone always acts like the women's wrestler was amazing in that era and it was just more filler with a few fond memories thrown in. It was definitely better than today's stuff, but really not by too much.
Rose coloured glasses, we all suffer from it.

Couple of years down the road, people will be talking about that epic Beth Phoenix/Eve Torres feud and Laycool/Kelly feud.....then some more time down the line it'll be AJ Lee/Paige.

Everything was better in MY day.