Biggest disappointment in sports today?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Rell

Reaction score
Who would you guys consider the biggest disappointment's in sports at the moment?

In the NBA, I'd say its definitely Kwame Brown. He was drafted number one, and not only never lived up to expectations, but grew worse as his career went on. I use the word "went" because I could only assume his career is over at this point.

In football, its a toss-up between Maurice Clarett and Marcus (not Michael) Vick. Both players had more than enough skill to compete in the NFL, but blew it with off the field troubles, and ignorance.

notable mentions:

Mike Williams (former USC WR)
Chris Henry
Andres Bargnani
Dejuan Wagner
Mateen Cleaves (Next Magic Johnson? :smh)
The New York Knicks organization
Kyle Boller :mad: (RAVENS 4 LIFE)
Joey Harrington
David Carr

PeepShow

lol @ Mateen Cleaves. He was so good at Michigan State. Shame...

Also, how is Marcus Vick a disappointment? He's always been one. Even in college his career was headed downhill. Hell, wasn't he undrafted?

Millzy Pt. 2

Reaction score
Who would you guys consider the biggest disappointment's in sports at the moment?

In the NBA, I'd say its definitely Kwame Brown. He was drafted number one, and not only never lived up to expectations, but grew worse as his career went on. I use the word "went" because I could only assume his career is over at this point.

In football, its a toss-up between Maurice Clarett and Marcus (not Michael) Vick. Both players had more than enough skill to compete in the NFL, but blew it with off the field troubles, and ignorance.

notable mentions:

Mike Williams (former USC WR)
Chris Henry
Andres Bargnani
Dejuan Wagner
Mateen Cleaves (Next Magic Johnson? :smh)
The New York Knicks organization
Kyle Boller :mad: (RAVENS 4 LIFE)
Joey Harrington
David Carr
Damn Rell out of all fuck-ups u forgot these two:
Ryan Leaf
1.-ryan-leaf.jpg

Brian Bosworth
bb.jpg

Soulpower

You guys have forgotten to mention my main man... The Kandi Man, Michael Olowokandi. Number one pick in the draft in 98... And he's not even in the NBA anymore.

You know who else should be on this list? LEBRON JAMES!!!

And of course, there's this one. Darko Milicic. Drafted after Lebron and well, let's just say that he hasn't panned out as expected.

Rell

Reaction score
haha, I forgot about Darko. Marcus Vick would've been drafted, but he was forced to leave early after stomping on a players leg (during the game) on purpose. By that time, nobody wanted him anymore. Miami took him in, and tried to turn him into a WR, and it was pretty much a disaster.

Enigma22

Reaction score
You guys have forgotten to mention my main man... The Kandi Man, Michael Olowokandi. Number one pick in the draft in 98... And he's not even in the NBA anymore.

You know who else should be on this list? LEBRON JAMES!!!

And of course, there's this one. Darko Milicic. Drafted after Lebron and well, let's just say that he hasn't panned out as expected.

Lebron james is definitely not a disappointment... i thought rell was gonna mention him tho lol...

how about tim couch?

OsamaHussian

Reaction score
What about Pacman Jones? Every since being drafted he hasn't been able to stay out of trouble which has put his career in jeopardy.

Reggie Bush is another one, I know he'll only be going into his third year as a pro and he could turn out to be great but he desperately needs to learn how to run between the tackles and gain those tough yards.

Chuck Taylor's Grenade

Being from Indiana I gotta mention Jeff George. Even his own home state hated him.

Also I'm surprised no one mentioned Cro Cop in UFC. Everybody acted like he was the second coming and he flopped big time.