Could This Be Why Cesaro Lost 2 Straight at HIAC?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
So basically I was reading around forums prior to HIAC and saw a Cesaro interview he did over here in the UK and he kinda made some bold comments.

"Yes, to me with the WWE there are guys who have big matches, the big music, they are top stars, they come to the ring and it's all a big spectacle, and then the bell rings... once the bell rings they suck. With me it's quite the opposite, I come to the ring and it's very simple. I'm proud of the fact that I consider myself a throwback to the good old days, because wrestling itself can be very entertaining and there's nobody that does it better than I do. I think that's fresh and there is a fresh breeze that's going on in the WWE right now."

"Exactly. It is a new era of guys, it's a new generation, and it's a lot of fun to watch that because there are fresh match-ups. I mean I'm sick of seeing John Cena against Randy Orton for the 500th time. It's great that we have some new, young guys that can come out and provide absolutely great match-ups and for the fans there are fresh, exciting matches and things to watch."

Now I dunno if it's just because I read this interview prior to the PPV and then saw him lose in rather odd circumstances, or whether this is all just coincidental but I can't help but think that someone higher up caught whiff of this interview and decided to make a statement about it. Here's the full LINK incase anyone is interested in reading it.

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
Eh hard to tell because they haven't been pushing him that hard in a while in the first place and could very easily see him lose 2 straight regardless of the comments. it is odd cause they never usually do a 2 out of 3 that way but that may have the purpose just to do something different and nothing more. Whatever the reason it really sucks cause that could have been an amazing match if done correctly.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
I think it's more WWE trying to be "unpredictable" with their mid card lately. No one expected Ziggler to win the belt and what not, then the two straight falls. They're just fucking with the prediction league tbh

The Cork

Banned
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scottsteiner
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
carlito
Favorite Wrestler
goldburg
Favorite Wrestler
jakeroberts
Favorite Wrestler
paige
I always liked that finish, can't remember last time someone won two straight but it's a good swerve.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Is this some "IWC fave loses it's a burial" logic here?

Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't Cena high on the guy earlier this year? Sounds like a good swerve, since they did have a tag title match a few months earlier that went 3 falls. Guy just doesn't have anything that is clicking for him at them moment, having an over move isn't the end all, be all....Scotty 2 Hotty didn't offer anything other than The Worm, Petey Williams didn't have anything other than a flip piledriver....Need more than that, a good match ain't shit, if you can't get eyeballs to see it. And he isn't lighting the world on fire with anytime he is given time to project a personality. That's solely on him, he is getting chances, and it looks like he is going for singles instead of homeruns.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
There are a lot Ifs here. If he was quoted correctly in the interview? If WWE saw the interview? If WWE are still so petty that they punish people for freedom of speech? Etc..

I tend to agree with the other posters on this one I think WWE thought it was a different way to book that kind of match. I say it was the wrong way, because Cesaro should have looked more competitive. But I don't think there was any malice here.

Kiffy Lube

Girls Just Wanna Have Fun
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
The interview is pretty much is his on screen character... (here's another if for ya Keith) if he's like that in real life too than I could see this bein' a bigger deal. I think WWE has been makin' Cesaro goin' through a losin' streak of sorts for sumthin' bigger for him down the line.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
It could just be that they don't have too much for him now, but want to keep him exposed while not making anyone they are using for something any weaker.

Embrace Thou Maryse

Reaction score
Helping Maryse practice her French Kiss...
Favorite Wrestler
maryse
Favorite Wrestler
therock4
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar2
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
Really it all just comes down to the fact that while Cesaro is a great technical wrestler he sucks ass at every other aspect of wrestling. Never shows any personality and his promos are beyond robotic. He doesn't have enough to be a top guy so he's being used to make other people look good. Simple as that.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
Really it all just comes down to the fact that while Cesaro is a great technical wrestler he sucks ass at every other aspect of wrestling. Never shows any personality and his promos are beyond robotic. He doesn't have enough to be a top guy so he's being used to make other people look good. Simple as that.

Well that's your opinion, but I disagree. I think in what WWE looks for Cesaro offers a lot. He has a good look, is good on the mic (even if he isn't that is no excuse as that is why you have managers), and he is able to work a number of different styles.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Managers are a thing of the past, WWE are not going to push managers because you can't market a manager like you can market a wrestler. And Cesaro with managers sure helped him out last year and this year.....Oh wait it didn't.

It isn't his promos that are bad, it's the lack of actual charisma, you can have a Shakespearean silliloquay but if you can't say it convincingly, who the hell wants to see that? Roman Reigns isn't much of a promo, but the guy actually has charisma that oozes out of the camera, Cesaro on the other hand, fine character actor, they don't headline the bill, but they get work.

Everyone has their role, and not everyone is going to be the star, how hard is that to grasp?

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
First off you maybe right managers could be a thing off the past but I don't think they should be. I mean the likes of Zeb and Heyman recently have proven how important they still can be.

I know not everyone can be a star, but it is my opinion that Cesaro has what it takes to be one given the chance. Is it so hard for you to grasp that sometimes WWE just misuse a talent and don't always have some grand plan? This isn't the 80's or 90's anymore.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
I can grasp the fact that every wrestling company can misuse a talent, when are you going to grasp the fact that TV time is precious and a talent should be blamed for not using every chance they get to get themselves over.

Cena used a 30 second rap skit at a Halloween themed Smackdown to get the ball rolling for himself to become the top star. He hit home runs with every TV time he got, and that's the difference, Cesaro isn't hitting home runs, all he is doing is hitting singles. And I'm not saying he sucks, but he sure isn't a star yet, and if he continues to do the same shit, won't be.

Barrett was given a gimmick everyone was shitting on and guess what, he made it work and was getting some steam, Sandow was supposedly buried remember? Now he is in a weekly segment that is going to be used to get him and Miz a decent midcard program, in a midcard that has no story lines.

Last edited:

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Genuine question, when was the last chance he got to hit something out of the park though? The guy is perfectly fine in the ring and can stay somewhat relevant because of the shit that he does but I honestly can't remember the last time he had a promo or segment.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
I was fairly disappointed when they didn't turn him face after 'Mania. I don't believe that's on Cesaro.