Show LDW PrimeTime: Episode 1

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Rosie

Dark Side
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
dJvrW4y
Favorite Wrestler
kevinsteen
Favorite Wrestler
Se3BZPQ
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Sports Team
2DciFqq
Favorite Sports Team
OQcgyMS
Favorite Sports Team
coloradoavalanche
Favorite Sports Team
vCLYUUD

Presents...

Episode 1

The remix to the song from Fever 333 “Made an America” plays for several moments as a video plays, highlighting the members of the LDW roster and showing occasional highlights from the first show and promos they have done. The video ends on the collective sinister grins of Slate Bass and Eden before we go to the crowd in Rochester, excited to witness the first-ever episode of “PrimeTime” for LDW, and while the song is still playing, we focus on the voice of Liberty or Death Wrestling, Rodney Perkins, and his broadcast partner, Doctor Smooth, Wally Shine. With a grin, the two begin their introduction.

Perkins: Ladies and gentlemen, welcome to the first edition of Liberty or Death Wrestling Primetime, I’m Rodney Perkins alongside Doctor Smooth himself, Wally Shine and we are coming off the heels of Foundation where, after some great showings from our roster, we had a major shock indeed.

Shine: The owners of Liberty or Death Wrestling are Slate Bass and Eden. We are in the Bassignani Residence and it’s a freaky thought, my partner. They have quite the history as a morally ambiguous force indeed and I’m a little shaky to know exactly what will happen with their leadership is hard to tell, man.

Perkins: We will learn with time, but tonight, on our debut episode, we have the main event which will, much like the name of our first event, lay the Foundation of the World Title match at our next major event, Declaration.

On cue, a graphic appears on the screen, showing the design of the LDW World Championship and the three men who will be fighting in the main event.

Shine: We got The Huntsman, Chris Young, the Dark Traveler, Darius Wright, and B-T-G, Brian Toogood. Three great talents fighting in a Triple Threat with title implications.

Perkins: You get pinned or submitted in the Triple Threat, you are not in the match. But, to give an incentive to the three men involved, you get the winning fall, you have full power to pick the stipulation in the World title match.

Shine: As long as you survive you have a chance at glory, but I know it doesn’t just take Smooth moves to last in a multi-man match, but to have all the power in a scenario like this to get an advantage is too good to pass up. But first, we need to get this show on the road!

Garcia: Ladies and gentlemen, the following is your opening contest of the night and it is scheduled for one fall!

After a brief silence, “Keep Your American Dream” by Beartooth starts to play in the arena, signalling the arrival of the definition of liberty, Patriot.

Garcia: Making his way to the ring, from Boston, Massachusetts, weighing in at 199 lbs, this is Patriot!

As he was being introduced, Patriot high-fived some very excited fans on his way to the ring.

Perkins: Coming off of a loss at Foundation-

Shine: It was still a brave and incredible showing!-

Perkins: Indeed, tonight Patriot looks to avenge his loss to Brian Toogood, one of three men in our Triple Threat main event tonight with championship implications.

Shine: Patriot is one impressive guy, probably one of the most upbeat and athletic competitors we have in LDW. The red, white and blue wonder is the perfect representation of LDW’s core aesthetic.

Perkins: That being fair shots, big dreams, and a whole lot of liberty!

As Rodney Perkins finished his line, Patriot slides into the ring after talking to one of the ringside fans.

Garcia: And his opponent…

The energetic song “Peace Sign” by Kenshi Yonezu brings out a loud cheer from the fans in attendance.

Garcia: From Honolulu, Hawaii, weighing in at 155 lbs, “The Hyper Technician” Leo Kobashi!

Leo stands on the stage with his arms outstretched, motioning with his hands for the fans to send him their energy.

He quickly makes his way to the ring, almost running, and hops up onto the apron.

Shine: You know, I really like Leo Kobashi, his hard-hitting style reminds me a lot of my dance moves. Precise, methodical, flashy and effective!

Perkins: He and Chris Young, another man in our main event tonight, put on one hell of a match at Foundation. If you’ve never experienced Strong-Style wrestling before, then look no further than Leo. He is surely going to give it his all just as he did at Foundation.

Shine: Even though he came out on the losing end of the match, I think it’s fair to say that it could have gone either way. The veteran Chris Young was just able to take advantage of Leo’s relative inexperience.

Perkins: But tonight Leo looks to get his ball rolling here in LDW, as does Patriot, and-wait what the hell?

Shine: Who are they?

While both competitors are in the ring, a group of four men in suits make their way onto the stage. They stand there, staring towards the ring at both Leo Kobashi and Patriot. Leo and Patriot exchange words, trying to figure out who the men are, motioning in confusion.

The referee gets between the two competitors asking them if they’re ready and he is about to signal for the bell to ring…

The fans go wild with shock as the black trench coat wearing “Patron Saint of Crime” Luke Saint makes his way onto the stage, in front of the four suited men.

Perkins: It’s Luke Saint! What is he doing here?

Shine: And why are these men with him? We’re supposed to be having a match here.

Luke Saint looks over his shoulder and nods at the four men, who proceed to surround the ring and stand on the apron.

Leo Kobashi and Patriot stand back-to-back, ready to defend themselves.

The four suited men rush into the ring, splitting into two, two-on-one beatdowns. Patriot is manhandled into the corner and is laid into with relentless punches to the body. Leo is held in a full-nelson position as one of the men runs into him with a big boot.

Perkins: Oh come on, what’s the reason for this!

Shine: Why are these thugs doing this? They're ruining the first match in PrimeTime history!

Patriot is picked up into the air and thrown hard out of the ring, taking him out of the equation.

Now, all four men turn their attention to Leo Kobashi, who is getting back up after being hit with a big boot. They rush him and start stomping him back into the mat.

As this is happening, Luke Saint makes his way into the ring, yelling obscenities at the crowd along the way, as well as saying “I’m in control! Get in line!”

Saint motions for the men to get Leo Kobashi on his knees, and they do as ordered, two men holding him by his arms and two men standing on his legs.

Luke Saint leans down and yells at Leo Kobashi.

Out of the pocket of his coat, Luke Saint pulls out a Fleur ring.

Perkins: Well that looks pretty-

Luke rears his arm back nails Leo in the face with a powerful punch, slumping the “Hyper Technician” over onto the mat.

Shine: Pretty deadly!

Luke Saint tells one of the suited men to retrieve a microphone for him.

Luke Saint: Sorry for entering the, uh, “Bassignani Residence”, without knocking first!

Luke Saint smiles cockily.

Luke Saint: This place has a new Boss now! There is no Liberty, only Death. Consider this place put on notice!

The “Boss” tosses the microphone over his shoulder.

He motions for his men to follow him out of the ring when he notices Leo struggling to get to his feet.

Staring at him with an angry look on his face, “The Patron Saint of Crime” runs over, jumps in the air and comes down with his boot on the back of Leo’s head, sending him face first into the mat.

Perkins: Oh god, a curb stomp!

Shine: Talk about some street justice!

Leo Kobashi lays in the middle of the ring unconscious as Luke Saint stand on the middle rope facing hard cam, waving at the camera before we switch to a brief break.

Singles Match
Patriot vs Leo Kobashi
Non-Contest

----------------------------------------------------------------

The office of Eden and Slate Bass is, unsurprisingly, very fancy. The walls are adorned with pictures of their various defining moments, expensive and obscure artwork they have collected over the years as well as a few flowers on shelves. The carpet is grey and sitting on top of the carpet is a mahogany desk where the owners of LDW do their work. Sitting in a brown executive vinyl chair is Slate Bass, while Eden leans on the desk, holding their daughter Keres in her arms.

The pair are engaged in business conversations when they are interrupted by a knock on the door. They are visibly annoyed.

Eden: You may enter.

Entering into the office, decked out in a very professional (and stylish) look is one of their roster members, Brian Toogood. Wearing a maroon suit, with a matching fedora, and sunglasses, it is what we’ve likely expected from the loud rookie. With a plastered grin on his face, he takes his sunglasses off and puts them in his pocket.

BTG: How’re my favourite bosses? It’s me, your hottest young signee, say it loud and proud with me.

Toogood points to his chest and says slowly, expecting the bosses to chime in with him, which he will never get,

BTG: B-T-G, Brian Toogood.

Looking around, the Big Money Prospect compliments the office, likely trying to get a few points with them.

BTG: And might I say, this office is beautiful. Mahogany, now that is really what makes the walls pop and… Aww, that’s your new daughter, she looks beautiful! Like a little Princess

As Brian leans in to pretend to pinch her cheeks, Eden’s grabs him by the wrist to prevent him from touching Keres.

Eden: Never touch my daughter.

She lets go of Brian’s wrist and he gives off a nervous laugh before backing off.

Eden: Besides interrupting us and trying to assault the child of your boss, what are you doing in our office?

Keeping his cool, Brian tips his fedora and takes it off.

BTG: Well, I’m here to talk about business, Mr and Mrs Bass. Besides, we never had a proper conversation between us. All contract negotiations were done through my agent, Mark-

Slate, trying to correct him, says:

Slate: Wasn’t his name-

BTG: -and I feel as though we need to set the record straight on a few things. Because if I’m happy and reach my potential, then this company reaches its potential. That means I make more money by making you guys more money. Got it?

Slate and Eden look at each other with a “really” sort of expression, then look back at BTG.

Slate: Well, if what we are doing here is “setting the record straight”, then perhaps I need to make you aware of one small detail. Making money is the least of my concerns. While I want everybody here to have a fair chance and to, as you put it, be happy and reach their potential… if you intend to use wealth as a means of negotiation, then you are incredibly in over your head.

Putting his tongue in his cheek, the response from Slate and Eden is perhaps not what he expected, but trying to keep himself together, Brian laughs it off a little.

BTG: Oh, of course, I know you guys. I mean, you’re almost artists if you will. I know your work as a champion before, Slate, and maybe this is a passion project for you two. But, my art is building myself and the brand of Brian Toogood. Showing the world that it is more than a name. So, I ask this as respectfully as possible, why do I have to go through this qualifier to compete for the chance to become the first-ever, and greatest ever, LDW World Champion?

Brian Toogood adds, knowing he does not want to cross his boss, let alone when his bosses are Slate Bass and Eden-

BTG: I mean, if I have to, so be it. I’ll respect your decision and I’ll prove myself again and again. But, I have two wins. I’m the winningest man in LDW. Did you see social media? Hashtag “Toogood2Wins” was trending.

Slate Bass cuts him off, saying slyly.

Slate: Because you tweeted it one hundred times.

BTG: But it was trending!

Keres loudly bellows.

Eden: Even a baby can see through your fragile visage.

Eden calms Keres down by rocking her slowly.

Eden: As far as why you are competing in that match, well, we were impressed. We don’t like you, but we don’t dislike you either. In reference to what my husband said, everyone here will have a fair chance regardless of how we feel about them. You must earn your spot, especially when the stakes are for something as important as a championship. You must prove to us that you matter, besides… if you’re as good as you say you are, then maybe “hashtag TooUndefeated” will be trending next. Otherwise...well just don’t disappoint.

Toogood stutters a little, and with the coldness of Eden, it is probably one of the few things to shake his confidence, even a little.

BTG: R-Right. Just trust me. As someone very close to me said, there are three ways to get opportunities, and maybe you two agree with me on this. You either make them, you take them, or you earn them, and I can do all of them. I made an opportunity by going through a gauntlet of a two out of three falls match and singles match in one night. I took the chance to beat that Boston bonehead in the ring, and if I have to earn it, I know I can.

Keres coos.

Slate and Eden glance at one another and smirk.

Slate: That sounds very familiar, doesn’t it?

Eden: Yes it does, actually. It’s like I have heard that exact quote before. Brian, refresh our memory, please.

Gaining his overconfidence back, Brian Toogood chuckles.

BTG: Oh of course. I mean, between us three. We all know exactly why you signed me.

Brian raises an eyebrow and winks. Slate and Eden exchange quick glances, unsure exactly where he is taking it. After a moment of silence, Brian adds.

BTG: To give favour to an old friend!

Slate: Our list of friends is very small, Mr Goodman...

BTG: With my best training money can buy, I travelled to various parts of the world… Excluding the geeks in Japan, I stopped north of the border at the Dangerous Art of Wrestling Academy run by the man who said that and someone you two know, Ryan Doucette. He must have told you about me.

He smiles and shakes his hand.

BTG: Sometimes you need to know the right people to get started and I knew it would lead me to the right break! For that, and your professionalism in this talk, thank you. You know, as long as you give me the Liberty, see what I did there, to do what I need to do to become the star I can be, I will be grateful to you two!

Slate: Yes that’s right, how could I have forgotten that. You were trained by the man I once wanted to murder legitimately. And you will always have the opportunity to have a break here...the kind of break that is varied, unfortunately.

BTG: And speaking of a break, I thought to end this, I break the ice if you will. Haha, yeah, I’m clever.

Brian claps his hands and on cue, the door opens, a man wearing a black and gold polo shirt with slicked-back black hair walks in with two gift boxes, a small pink box with a white bow for Eden, and a larger purple box with a matching bow for Slate Bass.

BTG: Thank you, Matt, you’re the best!

The man stutters.

Matt?: My name is…

BTG: Doesn’t matter, bye!

The person who delivered their gifts sighs and leaves as Brian leaves the two to open their gifts, although reluctantly. She pulls it out to see a beautiful shining necklace with a pink gem rose on it.

BTG: For the Mrs, a white-gold necklace with a pink ruby rose for it.

Eden raises her eyebrow, surprised.

Eden: This...is actually quite nice.

Keres coos in approval when Eden shows it to her.

BTG: I thought you’d love it. As for the father, I know you have a keen fashion sense so I picked something which I know is your style!

Slate Bass slowly opens his gift and upon seeing what is inside, Slate almost tenses up, his face turning red by the second. Inside the box is a stylish all-black fedora. Perhaps the style of the co-owner of LDW at one time, but now, it only brings back painful memories. Slate takes the fedora out of the box and places it on his desk. He slowly stands from his seat and stares Brian dead in the eyes. Thinking Slate enjoys it and completely misreading the situation, Brian smiles and extends his hand.

BTG: Glad you love it!

Eden: Oh, sweety, you really shouldn’t have…

Slate, not breaking his gaze, grabs Brian by his silk tie and yanks him down, slamming him face-first onto the fedora. Not letting go, Slate leans down to whisper in the ear of BTG.

Slate (through his clenched teeth): Remember what I said about different kinds of breaks?

Eden: Not now.

Slate looks at Eden and almost instantly regains his composure. He lets go of Brian’s tie and sits back down. The cocky upstart coughs and mutters.

BTG: Okay, maybe I’ll get you a tie instead… You clearly love mine. Well, I’ll be out there in the main event… I’ll get my proper break out there. Just call my agent, Marty and he’ll put it on my tab. E-Enjoy whatever you were doing…

After getting his face smashed into the fedora, Brian picks up his own and his glasses and walks out of the room before he gets on the bad side of the owners once again.

Once the door has closed, Slate turns his attention to Eden.

Slate: Two things. One, we’re getting an intercom for this office. Two, I want to set that on fire.

Eden: Mr Goodman or that disgusting hat?

Slate: For now, just the hat.

Keres giggles as the segment fade away.

Daemon Raze
vs Reagan Cole

With Legends by Madina Lake beginning to play, to almost no reaction curiously, the arrival of Daemon Raze is here to Primetime! With his greasy hair and beard, along with with a set of Canada themed tights, the man who claims to be the greatest athlete in Canada walks out, kissing his hands and opening them wide.

Garcia: This match is scheduled for one fall, making his way to the ring first, from Edmonton, Alberta, Canada, weighing in at 205 pounds, he is “Canada’s Greatest Athlete,” Daemon Raze!

Perkins: Claiming to be the best athlete in Canada, Daemon Raze makes his way here to his exclusive home in the United States, and he’s about as confident as ever.

Shine: Canada’s greatest? I can name more than a dozen I’d rank higher off the top of my head, but we have a chance to see if he can back it up.

Perkins: Well, from what I’ve done in my research, this isn’t the first match between him and Reagan Cole. In his home promotion, Reagan Cole made a guest appearance in 2016, and the two-faced off.

Shine: Huh? What do you know?

Daemon rolls in the ring and spreads his arms out wide as his theme music fades away. With a smug grin, he paces around in spot to wait for his opponent.

Drawing an actual reaction, and a positive one at that, is the theme music of the veteran, Reagan Cole. Reagan Cole makes his presence known as he walks through the curtain and there is a massive smirk on his face as he wears his maroon jacket as well as a t-shirt proudly showcasing a design inspired by Spiderman’s look in “Far from Home,” to the delight of the crowd. Cole nods his head, knowing that he has to put in some heroics to get himself in the win column, and heads down the ramp.

Garcia: And his opponent, from Essex, England, weighing in at 215 pounds, the British Apprentice, Reagan Cole!

Perkins: And after falling to a brutal Darius Wright at our first event, Reagan Cole’s return to wrestling wasn’t what he had planned.

Shine: Man, I have to wonder how much ring rust has to do with this? He’s 33, which I’ve seen plenty of dudes perform long into their 40’s and 50’s in this sport, but father time always comes back to bite ya and it takes longer and longer to get back into “ring shape.”

Perkins: He faced a man he didn’t know much first hand with Darius Wright, but maybe this time, things will go differently?

Taking time to high-five the fans, Reagan Cole walks around the ring before darting onto the apron. He stands and slips inside the ring, quickly hopping up to the middle buckle so he can hear the crowd reaction one more time. Cole slowly steps down as his theme song fades away and he has time to remove his jacket and shirt, getting ready for action.

Summary:

Upon the start of the bell, Raze gets in the face of Reagan Cole, taunting him by saying “Remember me?” and giving a laugh. However, it doesn’t phase Cole who hits him with a jab and proceeds to wrestle circles around Daemon Raze. Several swift arm-drags, a very quick snap suplex and a quick attempt at his heel hook, has the Canadian loopy and rather scared, reaching the ropes before it can be fully locked in. As the match is returned to its normal state, Raze proceeds to slap Reagan Cole across the face, which brings the British Apprentice to drop him with a lariat, and several moves before a thunderous Olympic slam brings a two count!

With control of the match, Reagan Cole wrenches and slams the leg of Raze on the mat several times before locking in a single-leg crab with a knee, wearing down Raze. Daemon eventually reaches the ropes to escape, but it doesn't keep Reagan Cole from maintaining control, hitting a shin breaker then a dragon-screw whip. The veteran is in complete control over Daemon Raze, and after a couple of kick-outs from Daemon, the Canadian finally gets back in with a dropkick, however he can't score a pin and his next move, an attempt of a Fireman's carry, leads to a Reagan Cole Gutbuster.

Seeing he has this match in the palm of his hand, Reagan Cole tries for his Kotaro Krusher “The Fire of Cole,” but Daemon blocks it with a back elbow, then a sleeper slam! Finally, Daemon Raze has a chance to mount something in the match. He heads towards the middle rope, and shouts “Canada’s Greatest Blockbuster!” telegraphing his next move. Thus, the bone-headed move leads to Reagan Cole ducking the move, causing Raze to crash to the mat. Cole follows it up with a brutal front chop block that he calls “Kickstart,” practically taking Raze’s leg right out from his leg, or you get what I mean, and the match seems to be over. Reagan follows by securing his Cole Lock and the Canadian is quick to tap out to the Heel Hook.

Winner:
Reagan Cole
6:12

Perkins: And in quick order, Reagan Cole makes Daemon Raze tap out!

Shine: I have a feeling how the first match ended up.

Perkins: Well, it’s not exactly a long, grueling match, but it’s one which gets Reagan Cole going in the right direction.

Shine: It’s now about if he can truly show he can be in prime condition he can be in and adapt to the new wave of competition.

Reagan Cole, giving off a small smirk, lets go of the submission and his arm is raised in victory. He mouths “Step one…” before going on the turnbuckles to celebrate his win. After a few moments, we cut to a brief break.

And we are brought backstage where the cameraman captures The Dark Traveler, Darius Wright preparing for his match in the main event. The camera is watching him do a variation between behind the neck pull-ups, plyo pull-ups & finishing with some one-arm pull-ups strengthening each arm. Then Darius notice the camera and begins to speak directly to it…

And now we continue on MY journey, one that has been overlooked for far too long. I declared that anyone in my way...would, PAY. THE. COST! And at Foundation, I made Reagan Cole my 1st example and it’s only going to get worse from here on out. Tonight, I have the LIBERTY, if you will, to take on both Chris Young & Brian “BTG” Toogood in this special triple threat match. Now there’s a lot on the line in this match, you have...a chance to main event at Declaration...the winner goes forward to choose the stipulation of that match...and a chance to become the very first Liberty or Death Wrestling...World Champion. Now it’s no secret that I, myself want that championship belt and I WILL THAT BELT IF I HAVE TO TAKE IT AND RUN. It’s coming home with me, one way...or another…

So unfortunately for my opponents, you are in for the most dangerous ride of your life with no seatbelts...and no stops...along the way. Chris Young...if you don’t already know by now then let me reiterate my sentiments for you. I despise you, I have issues with a man who...who stole MY MOMENT about a year or two ago and that ain’t going away any time soon. I know what you can do in and out that ring...AND more importantly, you know what I can do...IN and out that ring. So this will be the new chapter of the hostile and pure hatred that I hold for “The Lusus Naturae”, whatever the hell that is in English. Which brings us tooooooo... umm...BTG?! The poster child for spoiled brats and manchildren all over the world.

But I’m the one faking my toughness, I’m the one acting like I’m bigger than you?! Well...NEWS FLASH, THIS JUST IN...BRIAN “BTG” TOOGOOD WILL NEVER BE AS GOOD AS HE LEADS HIS EGO TO BELIEVE...Oh...and everybody knows that you’ve been lying about your real height. What?! Trying to impress that hooker of a girlfriend you just met? But...but why am I not surprised? You continue to show just how immature you are with your high school antics and logic. Well come tonight when that bell rings...playtime is over and that in-crowd or entourage you thought you had, they won’t be able to save you...look around Brian, no one is here to kiss your ass, pat you on the back and nod their heads. You are now surrounded by this league of WARRIORS, FIGHTERS... AND RING GENERALS.

So my best advice for you...STAY THE HELL. OUTTA. MY DAMN. WAY!...Or get rolled over, I don’t care at this point. But if either of you...DO decide to get in my way and by some...I don’t know, divine intervention or miraculous occurrence that you just so happen to win in this triple threat then understand this…

THERE WILL BE HELL TO PAY!

Darius turns back around and starts to do leg stretches and then Superman push-ups while the cameraman slowly heads away and the scene switches back to the commentary team.

Live August 25th
*date pending*
from the 2300 Arena in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

Perkins: Intense words from Darius Wright, but will he be in the Main Event at Declaration? And we are proud to announce it will be taking place in the 2300 Arena in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania!

Shine: That place is home to a lot of wrestling history, especially in hardcore wrestling in an equally hardcore fanbase in Philly, and I’m looking forward to that show taking shape.

Darius Wright vs Brian Toogood vs Chris Young

Perkins: Main event time here for PrimeTime and this match has championship implications. Winner of the fall gets choice of match stipulation, loser of the fall, is out of the title match at Declaration all together.

Shine: Dude, I have to wonder if the option to pick your stipulation of choice will be enough to keep someone from just waiting on the outside? As long as you aren’t pinned, you’re in.

Perkins: But I feel as though the option to have control over your own destiny may be alluring enough.

Shine: Good point, my man. In fact, we’ve seen Darius’ determination for this match, and Brian’s aim to “make an opportunity for himself,” although I imagine he is a little emotionally shaken after that encounter with the bosses earlier, haha!

Perkins: And of course, The Huntsman Chris Young is more than willing to break any possible bad luck for himself and create some for his opponents.

Shine: I have a feeling these three men may take a lot out of each other and we still have a few shows before Declaration!

The lights of the arena fade before beginning to flicker to each word as “Scared of the Dark” begins to play, drawing a divided, but passionate reaction for the intimidating Darius Wright. After a few moments, Darius takes a slow stroll out onto the stage, still sporting his “Still Fears Nothing T-shirt,” and taking his time to acknowledge the crowd, still keeping his intense demeanour before heading down the ramp.

Garcia: This following match is your PrimeTime Main Event and it is a Triple Threat qualifier for the LDW World Championship match at Declaration. The man who is pinned or submitted will be out of the championship match, and the winner of the fall gets choice of the stipulation. Making his way to the ring first, from Los Angeles, California, weighing in at 243 pounds, the Dark Traveler, Darius Wright!

Darius Wright heads up the steps and steps between the middle and top rope, very focused on the opportunity he has tonight. Once he made it into the center of the ring, Darius dusts off both of his hands a few times and then folds his arms in, bringing them out slow like the umpire's signal for safe as his theme music fades away.

Drawing a sizable response of jeers from the crowd is the theme music of the arrogant rich prick himself, Brian Toogood, with the lights showing a light dim to them. Decked out in a black, silver, and gold attire, Brian Toogood walks slowly backwards, holding a pose before turning around, arms spread, showing his massive grin with his glasses, fedora, and vest. He points at his chest several times, saying “This right here, is a future champ,” taunting the crowd.

Garcia: And his opponents, first, from Buffalo, New York, weighing in at 243 pounds…

And in tune, he points for…

Garcia: B-T-G… Brian Toogood!

Before spreading his arms out as he walks down the ramp. Darius Wright, in the ring, shakes his head, thinking very little of a person he’s described as an Egomaniac, and the official stands between him and Toogood, as Brian heads to ringside. He walks around the ring and slides onto the apon, taking his sunglasses off and winking to the crowd before heading into the ring and heading on the top turnbuckle. As he heads down to take off his fedora and vest as well, his theme music fades away and he makes sure he stays on the apron away from Darius who scowls at the self-proclaimed “Best at Hashtags.”

With the song having a far more “enchanting” beginning, the entrance-way begins to fill with smoke, and Chris Young slowly walks out, head covered by a hood as always. As the theme music picks up, he flicks his hood up to reveal a new mask covering the upper half of his face, giving a small smirk before heading towards the ring.

Garcia: Finally, from Atlanta, Georgia, weighing in at 218 pounds, the Huntsman, Chris Young!

Perkins: And a new mask for Chris Young?

Shine: Not gonna lie, it’s pretty badass.

Perkins: Well, maybe this next step in his continual evolution can help him not just break any streak of bad luck, but make him one final step away from becoming LDW World Champion?

Shine: I think he proved he can be a five-star machine, but we really need to see that big win for him. It can come tonight however, with him knowing Darius already and having an experience edge over Brian Toogood.

With Chris Young at ringside, he shakes his head before heading up the steps, looking across at his two opponents before stepping into the ring. Young puts his gloves up together, showing off his logo, focused on the incoming match he has. His theme music finally stops playing and he removes his jacket, keeping the mask on for the match. The three men get into the ring hesitantly and head towards their respective corners.

Summary

The three competitors get prepared to fight as they look in each others’ general direction before the match has started. Brian Toogood winks at a female fan while Darius is shadowboxing to get his hands ready for throwing punches right out the corner he’s in. Chris Young on the other hand, is rather stone faced from what we can gather, rather determined to get the match started. The bell is rung and Darius start to step up like he did at Foundation, however his fists are clenched and at his sides. He looks to be cutting a deranged look at both of his competitors and screaming at them to come at him. But before they can get a hold of Wright, he immediately rolls out the ring with ease. Grinning from ear to ear, he shakes his head to indicate “no” and he looks up at the other guys.

Brian Toogood, far from amused, shouts “What happened to not avoid a fight, you freak!? I was going to do that!” as Chris Young gestures for Darius to bring it. But the Dark Traveler has sinister intentions as he pulls up the ring apron and grabs a steel chair. The (self-proclaimed) Great Brian Toogood, shouts something which is likely not PG as Darius rolls back in the ring to confront his opponents. Brian rolls out, not wanting a hardcore match today, and it leaves Chris and Darius in the ring, with the latter of which holding a chair.

Despite Young’s best attempts to avoid the chair, ducking several swings with expert Matrix-like timing, but eventually with one throw of the chair to the face, Darius Wright takes advantage. He slams the chair full force on the Huntsman multiple times before tossing the chair in his hands and punching the weapon into Chris Young’s new mask covered face. With Chris Young needing to recover from having the chair form welts all over his body, Darius Wright turns his attention to Brian Toogood, who has purposefully avoided any fighting.

After a brief chase and several missed chair shots, hitting everything but a person, Brian Toogood finally manages to get a hit on Darius Wright and pulls the chair away. Although Darius is able to fight back with his expert striking, a dodge of a Stinger Splash onto the barricade and a Gourdbuster from Toogood onto the steel barricade brings Brian to an advantage. As Toogood is dragging Darius in a side headlock, a recovered Chris Young takes to the turnbuckles and flies through the air with grace, nailing them both with a Crossbody!

Picking the one he wants to fight with, Chris Young gets Brian Toogood in the ring and, seeing that it is no disqualifications, takes his turn grabbing weapons, pulling two out, a black bat, and a kendo stick. He whales on Brian Toogood in the ring, hitting him all over from his legs, to his back and ribs, to his shoulders and even a kendo stick shot to the head! Seeing that Brian is out of his element with weapons involved, Chris Young takes full advantage, however, an attempt for a kendo stick aided leg-sweep is blocked and Brian rolls Young to the apron, who follows up with hitting his Ember Celica Springboard Uppercut on Toogood, getting a two count after a pin attempt!

Chris Young, seeing a chance to win, tries to lock in his seated Armbar, Nevermore. However, Brian Toogood prevents him from extending his arm by grabbing Young’s leg and hits him off by grabbing the kendo stick. Brian Toogood fakes a kendo stick shot before slapping Chris, drawing boos from the crowd. The cocky upstart nails Young with his Upside Flatliner! Young manages a kick out but keeps him down for a few moments with knees and a side-chinlock. As Chris Young gets back in the match, he is nailed with a Spinebuster and Toogood signals for the end. He lifts Young up for a Good Night’s sleep, but a recovered Darius Wright charges in and spears Toogood in half, dropping Chris Young down with a Suplex instead and the Huntsman rolls out of the ring!

Darius mounts several punches on a downed Brian Toogood before getting in a beating on the man who’s been calling him a Freak from the very moment LDW started. He knees him in the face several times, and traps him in the corner, pounding away several heavy blows. Eventually, Brian catches one of his kicks and taunts him, only for Wright to spin out with a Dragon Whip! Sweet Revenge! Darius Wright grabs the weapons Chris Young had in the ring and takes his turn whaling on BTG with them, before eventually going a submission’s route, locking in the Last Chancery. Brian Toogood, being creative with his counter, rakes the eyes of Darius Wright to force a break, and nails a DDT, getting an advantage himself.

Keeping things rather fluid and technical, Brian Toogood wears Darius down with arm-based moves, trying to wear down the strength of one of the dangerous limbs of Darius, thus limiting his offence. The wrist and elbow are bent for Darius, and Brian even transitions into a Rings of Saturn to further wear down the arms, only for Darius to roll into a pin, forcing a quick break and a kick out. Brian follows that up with a running knee lift, a Sit-out powerbomb, which gets a two count and nailing a Buffalo Steak Lariat! Getting another two. Brian grabs the arm and is close to locking in his Buffalo Wild Wing, but Darius pushes him off… into a Chris Young who has rolled back into the ring! Young nails Brian Toogood with his Crescent Rose facebuster, and it is the two familiar foes left standing in the ring!

Both men have a brief staredown, before the two go full force, nailing each other with hard strikes! With an MMA inspired style from Darius and a very puroresu heavy focus from Chris Young, the two clash heavily. As Darius seems to get an advantage, he quickly attempts to nail Young with the Dark Cloud Dominator, but Chris Young reverses it into a lightning-quick hurricanrana into a pin, almost getting the three! He follows it with a Superkick to drop Darius down, and goes to the top, flipping through the air with a Spiral Tap! Another two follows and Chris Young pounds the mat in frustration.

Attempting to end the match, Chris Young tries to pick Darius up in a fireman’s carry, but the larger foe’s weight is too much and Darius hits several hard elbows to break out. The Dark Traveler follows it up with his Wright Way knee, and he pins Chris Young!

One

Two

And a kick out from Chris Young!

Now it is Darius’ turn to feel frustrated as he measures Chris Young who ducks a discus lariat attempt. Chris Young tries to throw a forearm, but Darius catches it and pulls him down for the Reaper’s Clutch! His Locoplata is locked in! The official keeps an eye on whether or not Chris Young will tap out, but a determined Chris Young, desperate not to have a big loss, stays in. He pulls himself closer to the ropes, but rather than a rope-break which won’t work, he uses them for leverage to roll Darius up! There is a very close three as Darius is forced to release his hold and barely has the time to get his shoulder up in time. The two stumble back up, but Darius feels a hard kick to the back to the head as Chris Young pele kicks! With a second wind, Chris Young finally gets Darius Wright in a fireman’s carry, with a surge of energy helping him get Darius in prime position for his Fireman’s Codebreaker! But before he can hit Red like Roses, Brian Toogood sees his chance and rolls into the ring, hitting a low-blow on Chris!

Darius Wright falls off stunned and Toogood kicks him out of the ring with the Best Kick Around, and with Chris Young clearly feeling a little, tender we’ll say, Brian has a chance to put him away. Dropping him on his knee with his brainbuster, he hits Good Night’s Sleep and gets a three after a crazy Triple Threat!

Winner:
Brian Toogood
31:12

Shine: Brian Toogood goes low and now he’s on top of the Triple Threat!

Perkins: It will be Brian Toogood vs Darius Wright at Declaration!

Shine: And Chris Young, the man gave it his all as he always does and he rocked it, but ya have to feel bad about a bad luck streak coming back potentially.

Freaking out about the fact he has won, Brian Toogood pounds the mat and raises his arms, giving a laugh before pointing at his chest to shout his initials and getting on the top turnbuckle, giving a “champion’s gesture” around his waist. He has the power of the match stipulation choice in his grasp. We could see Brian see his prediction come true, but he has to get past one man, Darius Wright, who, after hearing Brian Toogood’s music, eyes widen as he gets to a knee and mouths “I fucking had it, that egomaniac had it LUCKY!” The third man in this equation, Chris Young, while we can’t see his eyes with his new mask, from how he hangs his head down while sitting in the corner, it’s clear, it’s another disappointing loss. A cocky Brian Toogood leans over the ropes and shouts at Darius Wright. “You’re next, freak! You’re finished,” and Darius Wright, getting up slowly, starts to approach Brian Toogood who takes a step back as the official stands between the two to prevent a post-match fight.

Shine: The challengers are set, and the road to Declaration has begun and this ride will be far from smooth.

Perkins: Tune in next time on LDW Primetime to see what’s next as we head closer to Declaration in Philadelphia!​