Matches that exceeded your expectations

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
What are some matches that you can think of that going in you were thinking it was going to be below average or worse but actually ended up being much better than you thought it would be?

One for me I can't remember the date but everyone should know which one I' am talking about was one of Punk's matches with Mark Henry on raw a while back. Didn't expect really anything from that match at all since I didn't think it was going to mesh well and it was surprisingly good and one of the better matches I feel Mark Henry has been in.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
Lex Luger VS. Dan Speivy Wrestlewar 91. This is when Luger was at his peak, but Speivy was always a terrible worker, but it just clicked and had a really realistic flow, and was a exciting match.

Lord Steven Regal VS. Johnny B. Badd Fall Brawl 93. Just two completely different styles and Badd had not covered himself in glory as a wrestler up till then, but they had a really thrilling series over the TV strap which was one of the best things about WCW at the time.

Umanga VS. John Cena Last Man Standing Royal Rumble 2007. Umanga hadn't showed me much up til this point, and Cena hadn't developed, but the gimmick suited them, and the pair put in liverly performances, and told a good story in a cracking match.

Reactions: PHX

Kiffy Lube

Girls Just Wanna Have Fun
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
For a match this year I thought was gonna suck was Big E./Rusev at Payback that exceeded my expectations BIG time. Don't think any of these Swagger/Rusev matches touch it.

Batista/Trips HIAC comes to mind too. That turned into a masterpiece that I wasn't expectatin'

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
off the top of my head

Benoit/Kane from Badd Blood 2004
Sheamus/Show from Hell in a Cell 2012