Rey Mysterio talks WWE

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Jay

Reaction score
-- Rey Mysterio is open to returning to WWE in the future after "leaving on good terms," but he says he's focused on being a family man at home in San Diego, recovering from injuries, and wrestling for AAA and U.S. independents.
Sourtce: PWTorch
Rey Mysterio claims he didn't leave on bad terms. Good for him. Can't really see him coming back to WWE. WBU? THoughts?

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Leaving on good terms is having your friends trying to start a free Rey campaign?

He was expendable as far as 5 years ago. Should try stay on "good terms" in hopes that legends contract comes in and he doesn't have to slum it and have to carry Mysteries or whatever Sin Cara 1s name is, in Podunk Mexican villages.

Jay

Reaction score
Leaving on good terms is having your friends trying to start a free Rey campaign?

He was expendable as far as 5 years ago. Should try stay on "good terms" in hopes that legends contract comes in and he doesn't have to slum it and have to carry Mysteries or whatever Sin Cara 1s name is, in Podunk Mexican villages.
Im sure Mysterio made high 6 figures, if not low 7 figures for the better part of his WWE run. He was one of the highest selling merchandising cash cows the WWE had. I am sure he isn't hurting or wont be any time soon.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
It's not the money, I'm not his financial advisor. Legends contract means he name would still be used by the biggest company in the world and making sure they stay relevant.

Reaction score
So of this business is such a work, I really don't know how poorly that went over with Vince. But let's put it this way, Vince has always been willing to do business with people who have done far worse. If it's a good business deal, and your name isn't Randy, I think Vince has an open mind.

As a worker, the guy was expendable years ago. As intellectual property that helped build popularity with the kid and latino market, I think he still held value. Still does. When the guy's ready to call it a career, signing him on to do a Hall of Fame show and appearances in latin markets as an ambassador could make good business sense. They could still make some revenue off the character for a low price where he's not wrestling, and they're not worrying about his personal life continuing to crap all over the WWE's corporate image.

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Most interesting thing I remember konan saying doing free Rey was than Trips pitched to him working solely at NXT and Rey agree, Vince didnt. That was obviously the best middle ground IMO especially with the brand blowing up, but oh well I half way get it from Vince because you don't want a 7 figure act in NXT. That said guys like Rey, RVD, and the like would actually be perfect for NXT

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
I really don't think Rey will join Lucha Underground though

Jay

Reaction score
So of this business is such a work, I really don't know how poorly that went over with Vince. But let's put it this way, Vince has always been willing to do business with people who have done far worse. If it's a good business deal, and your name isn't Randy, I think Vince has an open mind.

As a worker, the guy was expendable years ago. As intellectual property that helped build popularity with the kid and latino market, I think he still held value. Still does. When the guy's ready to call it a career, signing him on to do a Hall of Fame show and appearances in latin markets as an ambassador could make good business sense. They could still make some revenue off the character for a low price where he's not wrestling, and they're not worrying about his personal life continuing to crap all over the WWE's corporate image.
I agree. Rey deserves a HOF induction, imo

Kiffy Lube

Girls Just Wanna Have Fun
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Rey is clearly HOF material. That's not even a question.

I always preferred Rey 2002 on or until his body really started fallin' apart. I felt WWE made him wrestle safer and smarter with all the tools he already had leadin' to better matches. Yeah, I think Rey/Eddie at Halloween Havoc is vastly overrated but I get why people like it. It's kind of sad he never got a true Wrestlemania final match with all the years he missed Mania because of injuries. Still it was Wrestlemania 22 that he got to be Eddie Guerrero so he got his moment. So a very solid career nonetheless and a Hispanic legend if there ever was one.

FalconPunch

Reaction score
He came across rather disgruntled in his RF shoot the other month. Money talks I guess.