Rolling Through Royal Rumbles

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Jacob Fox

Quiet You
Reaction score
I am still working on this. Wrestlemania kind of threw a lot of things on the back burner. Will get a new one up tomorrow. I am definitely going to get every Rumble match ever.. including the TV one and Greatest one

Jacob Fox

Quiet You
Reaction score
I will keep this going until I get the whole thing done. I just had to watch a shit ton of matches for the Greatest Match of 1990 (which was fucking awesome)

Jacob Fox

Quiet You
Reaction score
220px-Wweroyalrumble2009.jpeg

Sorry for the lay off. Been watching a lot of other wrestling for the Best of Year matches. But I am going to go through all of the Rumbles too.

So now we have one of my least favorite Rumbles, the 2009 Royal Rumble. During this time, I really wasn't watching WWE. I was fully into TNA and indies at the time. I don't recall if I watched this one whem it first aired or not. But if I did, I didn't remember it at all.

Winner: 5/10

I am not a Randy Orton fan and I never have been. Everyone sings his praises, but he seems extremely overrated to me. I wasn't thrilled at all to see him when and it felt sort of ho hum to me. I understand that many people like him and that is fine. He is just not my cup of tea and this win meant little to me.

Match:: 4/10

I just found this Rumble to be very boring. I phased out several times during the match. I wasn't entertained like I usually am by the Rumbles. The ring action was very generic and there were very few interesting or surprising spots.

Surprises: 8/10

This was the best part of this Rumble. The surprise entrants were Rob Van Dam and Hacksaw Jim Duggan. Both came in to huge ovations. The crowd was wild over them both. And both of them dominated the ring for a while after they entered.

It was cool to see Duggan dominate when he got into the ring. All of the wreslters sold him well which I think shows the respect they had for him. It was a good moment even though I was never a huge fan.

Other than the surprise entrants, there was not a lot I liked about this Rumble. I am hoping I enjoy 2010 better.