Roman Reigns, I'm sensing a backlash.

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
I've been looking around the bowels of the IWC I.E the comment sections of newz sites and the bigger forums and notice a common theme for Roman Reigns....."He's not ready" "His mic skills are not good", "he only has 5 moves".....

So let's just say he is on pace to win the Royal Rumble this year and be the guy to take the belt from Brock Lesnar....What is the response? Would people pop huge for him for being the guy to slay the beast? Or will they not react at all?

I for one think it's pretty safe to think it goes over smoothly after Mania, he woiuld be a new guy to the mainevent scene, a breath of fresh air and NEW usually gains interest for a week or so. and I think he would be fine in continuing to gain more interest after that initial buzz wears off.

But I sense Neckbeard Nation is prepping their little band of jaded rasslin fans to try take down the Roman Empire and for what reason, I don't know.....They say they want new, but when they get new, they say it's not the new they want.

What is it?

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
I've seen it to and I'm not shocked, it pretty much happens all the time. I just laugh at this point.

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
I could see that but I don't get it.

Defiant

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
thewhyats
Favorite Wrestler
jericho
Favorite Wrestler
deanambrose
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
ajlee
I personally think Roman's reserved nature when he talks actually adds to his silent badass character. I've heard a few complaints about him too even back in the Shield days, but I think most people fully expect him to get the next big push. I notice more people being high on him than criticizing him.

He's got the look, the right moveset, the crowd pops for him and he'll probably get even better in time... It'll take more than people saying "He can't cut a promo" for me to lose faith in him. Feuding with Blandy Boreton seems to have slowed his momentum down but he could easily pick it up again by, say, winning the Rumble.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
I guess he is solid, not sure he is ready just yet, but things might be different come the rumble-Mania season. The big challenge is convincing the fans that he really is a threat to Brock, it will also be a good test of Brock in putting him over. Will be interesting viewing whatever the case.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
Roman is still so fucking over, so I hope the fans don't turn on him until he's at least champ for a year. His mic skills are obviously not the best, but he doesn't need to talk much and he should be booked accordingly.

The Cork

Banned
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scottsteiner
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
carlito
Favorite Wrestler
goldburg
Favorite Wrestler
jakeroberts
Favorite Wrestler
paige
IWC only pop for submission guys, Reigns is too big and doesn't have enough movez.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
IWC only pop for submission guys, Reigns is too big and doesn't have enough movez.
One thing I hate is when smarks emphasize moves as a sign of talent. Shows just how little they actually know about anything when they think a guy with a billion moves is better than a guy who sells out arenas around the world by simply doing 5.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
Roman is still so fucking over, so I hope the fans don't turn on him until he's at least champ for a year. His mic skills are obviously not the best, but he doesn't need to talk much and he should be booked accordingly.

Agreed, and that is one of things WWF/E have done better than anyone over the years. If they can cover his weaknesses until he sharpens up then he could have it made.

The Cork

Banned
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scottsteiner
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
carlito
Favorite Wrestler
goldburg
Favorite Wrestler
jakeroberts
Favorite Wrestler
paige
One thing I hate is when smarks emphasize moves as a sign of talent. Shows just how little they actually know about anything when they think a guy with a billion moves is better than a guy who sells out arenas around the world by simply doing 5.

Teddy Hart would be BEST IN THE WORLD if it was just a moves thing.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Nah....BEST IN THE WORLD is a guy who just stole all his moves from Japs.

Twitchy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
machoman
Favorite Wrestler
heathslater
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho2
Favorite Wrestler
alsnow
Favorite Wrestler
melina
I hate to say it, but I feel apart of the possible backlash XD

Reigns = Cena 2.0

With that being said...if they let Reigns do a heel run as champ, im sure he would get a ton of heat. If he beats Lesnar, he would have the 'strength' to beat the hell outta of anyone and be some sort of monster. It is something new for sure, but I feel its too quick also.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
WWE could only hope and pray that Reigns is another John Cena.....Ten year run making them 150 mil a year on merchandise and ticket sales.

ninjashoes

Reaction score
It should be Daniel Bryan feuding with Lesnar but Reigns is almost there.

His moveset is fine, it is really exciting. He needs a submission and a better finisher though, the spear is overdone and should only be used as a setup IMO.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
It should be Daniel Bryan feuding with Lesnar but Reigns is almost there.

His moveset is fine, it is really exciting. He needs a submission and a better finisher though, the spear is overdone and should only be used as a setup IMO.

I think Bryan will have his day again if he just buys his time.