Undertaker talks WrestleMania streak alternatives

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
Undertaker says Bray Wyatt would have been a logical choice to break his undefeated streak at WrestleMania.

During a Q&A he posted to his Patreon on Thursday, Taker was asked who else could have ended it if it hadn't been Brock Lesnar at WrestleMania 30. Taker has previously mentioned that he believes Roman Reigns could have done so but in today's video, he spoke about how it would have meant more to Wyatt's career.

Taker said:

If it wasn’t Roman, I think the most logical person to break it would have been Bray Wyatt. I think probably of the three (Lesnar, Reigns, & Wyatt), it would have meant more to his career than even Roman's. For Roman, it would have been very special but for Bray, who there were so many comparisons between the two characters and the darkness and the different things, for him to be able to have broke it would have been such a feather in his cap and something that could have extended the character of the Undertaker in a different capacity. Bray would have been in ring aspect of it, but I think that those characters would have somehow maybe merged together in some kind of higher power type deal. But I think of all the people that it would have helped the most, I think Bray would have been the guy.

Earlier this month, it was announced that Taker will narrate the upcoming documentary on Wyatt. Bray Wyatt: Becoming Immortal premieres on Peacock beginning April 1.

Taker continued to talk about his second WrestleMania loss at WrestleMania 33. He said he's not sure if the win helped Reigns much at the time.

Taker continued:

It actually hurt him because he was, at that point, they were shoving him down people's throats so hard. It was like, 'You're force-feeding us this guy, we're not ready to accept him yet' and he's going to beat one of the most beloved guys that has ever come down the pike.

He later added:

I mean, hopefully, it helped him. There's only two people who ever beat the Undertaker at WrestleMania.

Reactions: Death By Looch

Death By Looch

I Believe In Joe Hendry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
arnanderson
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
vader2
Favorite Wrestler
yujinagata
Favorite Wrestler
bethphoenix
Well would you look at that... I have been saying Bray should've been the one for fucking years. Back in the day I even had the perfect storyline/booking outlined for the whole thing.

And I know people where at that point already a bit over Bray, since he wasn't built and portrayed very strong, but believe me... it could've worked absolute perfectly, if *some* of the WWE creative people weren't such unbelievable morons... especially throughout the last 15 years.

King Kota

Live Laugh Love
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dJvrW4y
Favorite Wrestler
iHVgAJe
Favorite Wrestler
eIHNFff
Favorite Wrestler
6SLLEQr
Favorite Wrestler
flCHARR
Favorite Wrestler
hasWyGM
Favorite Sports Team
buffalosabres
Favorite Sports Team
3lUNnUV
Favorite Sports Team
K12LIMS
Favorite Sports Team
T5Zw0Si
Honestly I love to hear taker talk bout streak match alternatives like instead of this person he would of face this. I think that's interesting

Buffy

The Vampire Slayer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
ajlee
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
bretthart
Favorite Wrestler
shawnmichaels
Favorite Sports Team
Aed870G
Undertaker is absolutely right about Bray. He should have broken the winning streak.

Deadd2009

Horror Movie Guru
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
kane
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Sports Team
lJlFfto
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
zEZtX3o
Honestly the only one that should have beaten Taker at Mania, was Kane at Mania 14,

ETE

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
themiz
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
J1K3xhn
Favorite Wrestler
88j8DYn
Favorite Wrestler
maryse
Favorite Wrestler
kane
I feel like Bray would have been a waste.

Often felt like WWE weren't sure if they were behind Bray or not. They'd push him hard for a bit but then cool off him massively. That would feel like a waste of breaking the streak.

I think we all forget what spot Brock was in when he broke the streak. Honestly Brock was floundering prior to that. He came back and immediately lost to Super Cena, then got bogged down in a never ending HHH feud. Then feuded with Henry and Big Show, (was the CM Punk feud around this time?). Brock at that point was just some guy who turned up every now and then and had a brawl or a match of no real consequence. Breaking the streak made him special. WWE couldn't just 50/50 book him after that, they had to follow up on it. Suplex City Brock ran its course, but for a while there Lesnar breaking the streak created an insanely entertaining act.

Seeing the pure wrestlecrap that was The Fiend, and then whatever that was that he returned with during Covid I don't see it being as entertaining if Bray broke it.

Lethal

Tiffy Time
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
fnexxBT
Favorite Wrestler
SdPLF
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Favorite Sports Team
lJlFfto
Favorite Sports Team
pxAmCgn
Favorite Sports Team
detroitlions
Favorite Sports Team
LMoHyDQ
I stand by the streak should've been ended by Randy Orton at WM21. Would've absolutely made the kid more than it did.

Better yet - Shawn Michaels. Perfect bookend to their huge-ass rivalry.

I get that it stayed around for long due to the marketability of it

Cwalker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
codyrhodes
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
jaylethal
Favorite Sports Team
BZw58qk
Orton was the perfect person in 05.

After that, I don’t think it should’ve been broken.

People used to put so much emphasis on Bray being the next Undertaker instead of the first Bray Wyatt.

Reactions: ETE

Roy Mustang

Reaction score
Total shoot - Roman breaking it or Cena breaking it to turn heel would have been cool