• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

AJ Styles discusses commitment to heel character

Chris

Dreams are Endless

When Dwayne “The Rock” Johnson returns to WWE as an active performer, he will have an eager opponent in AJ Styles.

Of course, that is permitting one condition.

“Of course, I’m interested–but only if that means The Rock is turning babyface,” said Styles. “I’m not interested in being a mediocre bad guy. I want to bring this to a whole new level.”

A program pitting Styles against The Rock would be fascinating. Styles is a master of the craft to the point where he is a rarity. He would bring out the best in Rock, who erred on the side of caution by not having a singles match in his most recent return that culminated at WrestleMania 40.

“I like to think I’m one of the few old school guys left,” said Styles. “I look back and I’m so thankful I was able to pay off my house. That’s one of those things I hoped to do in my career, that I could do something I enjoy and provide for my family–and still have something left over for retirement. I’ve stuck with it long enough to take care of everyone who needed to be taken care of.”

Styles carries a captivating presence in the ring. Even though he turns 47 next month, he still possesses one of the most impressive physiques across the entire industry. He is a highly skilled performer versatile in multiple facets, which was on display in his loss earlier this month against Cody Rhodes at Backlash.

Whether Styles continues feuding with Rhodes or moves on to a new opponent, he knows precisely how he plans to portray himself in the ring.

“As bad, ugly, and mean as a heel is supposed to be, I’m going to be that guy,” said Styles. “When I step into an arena, I want more boos than Dominik Mysterio. That’s what I’m after. That’s my job, and I want to do it better than anybody.”

Cwalker

Dude is dedicated to his craft and got himself in phenomenal(pun intended) shape in preparation of coming back in January.

AJ/Rock is an interesting match that I would’ve never thought was even a possibility. But I agree with him, he’d probably have to be the heel to get the most out of it.

Dale

Super Moderator
Don't see it happening unfortunately. Regardless of the face / heel dynamics, his priority is clearly gonna be The Bloodline stuff first and then Cody afterwards.