It's Always Someone You Know: Scream 2022 Mafia Game Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
T-pein being absolutely obliterated made me laugh. Reading back - I was like. WOW.
So i want to get to this. Dude enraged me last time i was survivor, poetic justice i got him killed lmao

Poyser

Pathological Liar
Reaction score
I wish I never read back so deeply. At first I was calling bullshit and like no fucking way smark tells him the janitored role

then i saw the janitor was unlimited so it all just clicked for me and i was like ok well shit I guess he would then, and its such a risky thing to fake that he probably wouldnt

Reactions: Canadian Dragon

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
I wish I never read back so deeply. At first I was calling bullshit and like no fucking way smark tells him the janitored role

then i saw the janitor was unlimited so it all just clicked for me and i was like ok well shit I guess he would then, and its such a risky thing to fake that he probably wouldnt
I didnt even know we were unlimited lol

Also yes read back = doubke edged sword. Ive fucked myself like this over analasing old posts too n its so annoying lol

RDK

All glory to God
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wadebarrett
Favorite Sports Team
eZIPN8K
It's bad science but it should have stood to reason that there was a survivor in the game. 3-2 scums teams would seem a bit unfair on the 2 so a survivor balanced it put really nicely and made the setup very standard. I don't know if poyser would have been able to stop that lynch but the way it was rushed was pretty hard to watch

Poyser

Pathological Liar
Reaction score
This was also the first game in a long time i enjoyed from beginning to end n have zero ounce of anger or regret. Thanks for that guys. I think i really needed the disconnect n time off
Yeah, I used to get really into it with the competitiveness of playing with guys like Odo and Magic where we all wanna prove we're the best and get super aggro etc etc, and there's something to be said for that bringing the best out of you as a player...

But like, since they've gone I've just found it such a much more pleasant experience to play without all the heat lmao. Like I don't think I'd suffer from burnout playing games like this, whereas end of 2018 and 2020 I was just knackered in a mafia sense

Poyser

Pathological Liar
Reaction score
I didnt even know we were unlimited lol

Also yes read back = doubke edged sword. Ive fucked myself like this over analasing old posts too n its so annoying lol
Yeah lol. I've picked up some great info from doing it but its probably more often than not it leads to overthinking when I feel like my gut is far better than my analysis lmao. Sometimes my best reads are just shit i cant even really explain

but im always too paranoid about being wrong to not read back when it comes to late game

Poyser

Pathological Liar
Reaction score
It's bad science but it should have stood to reason that there was a survivor in the game. 3-2 scums teams would seem a bit unfair on the 2 so a survivor balanced it put really nicely and made the setup very standard. I don't know if poyser would have been able to stop that lynch but the way it was rushed was pretty hard to watch
I would have stopped it at first because of the way barry was acting as it smelled super fishy or like he didn't have the full picture. That said if barry comes back and says "result said my target is mafia" then nah, I aint stopping that lol

RDK

All glory to God
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wadebarrett
Favorite Sports Team
eZIPN8K
I would have stopped it at first because of the way barry was acting as it smelled super fishy or like he didn't have the full picture. That said if barry comes back and says "result said my target is mafia" then nah, I aint stopping that lol
I tuned out a bit towards the end there...why did Barry have a mafia result on a survivor?

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
I tailored barry n redirected him to himself :oops

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Also proud jeff moment : was patient w my redirects

Poyser

Pathological Liar
Reaction score
Also juice you gotta stop taking shit personally. I dont think anybody just goes into games to target people they dont like or whatever. Even lethal and sky who clearly dont like each other, make an effort to try and actually read each other lolol

Some styles will attract suspicion more than others. People like sky and OMB that just blurt out their thoughts with no filter is just always gonna attract suspicion. I feel like you with your getting aggro and unorthodox way you approach things is also the same way. But just because you attract suspicion doesnt mean you will actually get lynched. If you keep a level head and just engage people on a game related basis and explain where you're coming from then you stand a much better chance of warding off wagons.

You just cant let yourself fall into making your whole play about yourself. When Im under suspicion I will engage people and defend myself, but I wont stop trying to play the game and making reads either and Im pretty good at shifting wagons off myself

And losing your shit and flipping out and getting emotional just doesnt work either lol. 1 because you've done it as scum before but also just because anyone thats played mafia for any decent period of time have seen scum appeals to emotion a million times. it just turns it into a vicious cycle where you're mad, they're mad, you cba playing and they just wanna get you gone

Poyser

Pathological Liar
Reaction score
and what i forgot to include there is you are 1000000x a better player when you are actually playing the game. when you calmed down and came back i thought you played really well

Poyser

Pathological Liar
Reaction score
and also if you're the kind of player that attracts a lot of suspicion then you can easily turn that into an advantage as it will start getting easier to read the people that are pushing you.

RDK

All glory to God
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wadebarrett
Favorite Sports Team
eZIPN8K
Can someone in the scum chats add me please? I can add people to dead if they want it