• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Melissa Barrera Fired From Scream VII after Pro-Palestinian Posts

Bobby Barrows

Trans Rights

Melissa Barrera has been dropped from her starring role in “Scream VII,” multiple outlets have reported. This news comes after a series of social media posts she made surrounding the Israel-Hamas war.

Deadline cites sources confirming that her removal was “due to the reposts in her Instagram stories which have been perceived as anti-Semitic.”

In the last 20 hours or so, Barrera has shared videos on her Instagram, expressing solidarity with the Palestinian people.

Barrera has shared posts urging the public to call their representatives in support of a cease-fire.

She shared a video in support of Democratic Rep. Rashida Tlaib of Michigan, the only Palestinian American in Congress, who was censured by the House of Representatives over her rhetoric about the war. Tlaib has said that her criticism of Israel has always been directed toward its government and its leadership under Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu.

One post she shared from another Instagram account declares: “At the end of the day, I’d rather be excluded for who I include, than be included for who I exclude.”

DE LOSMOVIES

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reason #5673 why people who aren't directly involved or have inside knowledge need to stfu and keep their opinions to themselves.

Daddy Deville

Big D Energy
Seems like she retweeted something rather than indirectly said something. Didn't sasha/Mercedes get in trouble for something similar few months back nit bout this subject but something else.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Seems like she retweeted something rather than indirectly said something. Didn't sasha/Mercedes get in trouble for something similar few months back nit bout this subject but something else.
Depends on what you count as "in trouble" bc that was about vaccines and just resulted in people on the internet clowning her, she was not removed from any projects like this situation

Daddy Deville

Big D Energy
Depends on what you count as "in trouble" bc that was about vaccines and just resulted in people on the internet clowning her, she was not removed from any projects like this situation
Ah gotcha, maybe this more in line to the girl from manderloerian & gal Godot then?

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
pretty fucking wild people are getting silenced, fired etc for showing support to Palestine and being called anti-semites. I dunno what this person liked or said but it's a pretty slippery slope when talking about foreign policy can get you blackballed

Daddy Deville

Big D Energy
Politics suck. That said everyone entitled to their opinion even if it's a shitty opinion even if you don't agree with it. I mean at the end of the day just treat people from whatever race whatever background with human decency.

Jimmy King

It’s Britney, bitch
She gets let go for this but the kid from Stranger Things can go around handing out pins that say “Zionism is sexy” and “pro genocide”, and nothing has happened to him.

Daddy Deville

Big D Energy
She gets let go for this but the kid from Stranger Things can go around handing out pins that say “Zionism is sexy” and “pro genocide”, and nothing has happened to him.
Goes looks it up hoping Dustin & Steve aren't getting canceled.

Good it's not them.