Rate Royal Rumble 2021

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Rate Royal Rumble

• 0/10

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 1/10

• 2/10

• 3/10

• 4/10

• 5/10

• 9/10

• 10/10

• Total voters

Jacob Fox

Quiet You
Reaction score
1612151687613.png

Rate the Royal Rumble and let us know what you thought of the show!

Women's Tag Team Championship: Champions Charlotte Flair and Asuka vs Shayna Baszler and Nia Jax

Baszler and Jax won the titles

WWE Championship: Champion Drew McIntyre vs Goldberg

Drew retained by pin fall

Smackdown Women's Championship: Champion Sasha Banks vs Carmella

Banks retained by submission

Women's Royal Rumble

Winner Bianca Belair

WWE Championship Last Man Standing Match: Champion Roman Reigns vs Kevin Owens

Roman retained after the referee forgot to keep counting him out, allowing him and extra 20 seconds to stand up

Men's Royal Rumble

Entrant Number One Edge won.

Rosie

Dark Side
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
dJvrW4y
Favorite Wrestler
kevinsteen
Favorite Wrestler
Se3BZPQ
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Sports Team
2DciFqq
Favorite Sports Team
OQcgyMS
Favorite Sports Team
coloradoavalanche
Favorite Sports Team
vCLYUUD
For the first WWE show, I have watched all the way through in almost two years; it was enjoyable. The show breezed by, and both Rumbles were great. However, the first two undercard matches didn't blow me out of the water (and I didn't care to see Goldberg at all). Bianca was made into a star, and seeing Christian and Edge hug in the ring was so emotional. Edge winning wasn't my first choice, but he went the distance which is impressive considering he hasn't wrestled full-time in years, just came off an injury, and hasn't had a proper match since mid-last year. So I can allow it compared to most "part-timers."

Deadmanforever97

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker2
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
kurtangle
Favorite Wrestler
oAYiXZo
Favorite Wrestler
bookert
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
Aed870G
I give it 8 even I felt the show delivered.

I loved the Reigns vs KO match It actually turned way better than I thought. I may have underestimated KO. Only downside was the count stop. Beside that it was match of the night.

Even though Edge wasn't my first pick which was Daniel Bryan. Edge was definitely one of my top 5's because of rumors.

I'm glad Edge won he's come a long way since his RR return from his retirement. Now that he's main eventing WM is awesome.

Lady Deathbane

thanks for the unban, lmao
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
I was thinking of giving it a 7, but the option doesn't exist, lmao. Solid ppv though.

• Didn't expect Nia and Shayna to win, but I absolutely hated Asuka and Charlotte together. It makes absolutely no sense, so anything would be better than that.
  • Didn't care much for McIntyre and Goldberg, everyone knew how that would end up, lol.
  • Carmella vs Sasha was pretty good. I like Carmella as a wrestler, but I am tired of that kind of gimmick. I feel like I've seen it a hundred times.
  • That was the best women's royal rumble I've ever seen. I loved pretty much every minute of it. From Naomi and Bianca fighting while hanging off the bottom rope to R-Truth mistaking the wrong royal rumble and Alicia Fox momentarily winning the 24/7 belt. All of it was gold and I'm so glad Bianca is getting pushed. She's been one of my favorites on NXT for awhile now and 100% deserves it. Such a good talent.
  • I CAN'T BELIEVE HOW BAD THEY SCREWED UP THE HANDCUFFS, jfc. Why did they not get fake handcuffs where you just press the button? I couldn't believe what I was seeing. The ref even had to stop the count. I can't
  • Men's RR was really good too. I was not expecting Edge to be the one at all, especially being #1. I totally thought Daniel Bryan was taking it. Loved the Carlito return, I hope he stays. Def popped for Christian and Edge reuniting. Was really disappointed it was just Braun Strowman for #30 though.

Dat Kid1

King of smurf Style
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
The majority of the card was good.

Every time Nia wrestles, I'm afraid for everyone.

McIntyre vs Goldberg was what it was always going to be and this felt more out of place than anything else as did Sasha vs Carmella.

I think the last man standing match was as over the top as I've ever seen to the levels of Stadium Stampede. Some of the stuff that would've been finishes in other last man standing matches were midpoints, which is something I guess I get, but it just seemed like a little much. It's like Owens and Reigns doing all this shit to each other and in the end we got this botched handcuff finish. The moment Owens was hit by that cart, it should have been over. That count was stopped for so long that they had to cut away from the ref to trick people into forgetting about the count and after all those stunts, and the waiting for the handcuffs, the big payoff is a guillotine choke. The difference between this and Stadium Stampede is that you go in to Stadium Stampede knowing that the concept itself is a joke, where as the rivalry between Owens and Reigns was taken seriously leading up to this and the match was a joke.

As much as I liked Edge winning the Rumble, I don't think that match should've ended the night, it should have been the Women's Royal Rumble. The match was better, there were more moments in this to recollect on and Bianca's win was a lot more dramatic. I won't knock Edge coming in at #1 and making it to the end, or the Edge and Christian reunion, but this is something we saw coming and therefore less of a moment.

Jacob Fox

Quiet You
Reaction score
A 7. Unfortunately, this PPV will likely be remembered for the stopped count in the Last Man Standing match. Everyone noticed it, which means they will likely have to give KO a rematch to try and fix the issue.

But that match and the two Rumbles were enjoyable. I liked the ending of the men's Rumble when for a split second I thought Randy Orton would win after that RKO. And I know a lot of people like him, but I never have. Seeing Edge reverse was awesome.

Oh, and another thing, the surprise entrants were Carlito and the Hurricane. Way to pull all the stops out there, WWE.

But all in all, it was a good PPV.

Redboy123@

Reaction score
Oh, and another thing, the surprise entrants were Carlito and the Hurricane. Way to pull all the stops out there, WWE.
What about Christian? The man hasn't completed properly in 7 years. They would never ever let him do anything physical, so was good to see him getting cleared

Dat Kid1

King of smurf Style
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
A 7. Unfortunately, this PPV will likely be remembered for the stopped count in the Last Man Standing match. Everyone noticed it, which means they will likely have to give KO a rematch to try and fix the issue.

But that match and the two Rumbles were enjoyable. I liked the ending of the men's Rumble when for a split second I thought Randy Orton would win after that RKO. And I know a lot of people like him, but I never have. Seeing Edge reverse was awesome.

But all in all, it was a good PPV.
I popped for Carlito, not so much Hurricane.

Good thing Fast Lane is a thing to settle that KO debacle.

Jacob Fox

Quiet You
Reaction score
What about Christian? The man hasn't completed properly in 7 years. They would never ever let him do anything physical, so was good to see him getting cleared

Oh yeah, that's true. But my point wasn't forgetting about Christian. My point was mainly anyone would be better than the Hurricane.

InsaneAlphaBeta

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho2
This was the best WWE PPV in quite a while, there wasnt really a "bad" match, though granted i didnt watch the pre-show so i cant speak for that, but as for the main show. It was a really solid show, despite a few weird points, like the weird rapping guy with Booker T.

Besides the botch in the last man standing match, that match was still my match of the night and is what makes this show an 8 and not a 7 for me. shame about the botch but still a great match. Also while i would have liked to see the fiend it was still a great finish to the mens rumble.

8/10 for me

CM Punk

AJ Styles
Champion
Reaction score
The majority of the card was good.

Every time Nia wrestles, I'm afraid for everyone.

McIntyre vs Goldberg was what it was always going to be and this felt more out of place than anything else as did Sasha vs Carmella.

I think the last man standing match was as over the top as I've ever seen to the levels of Stadium Stampede. Some of the stuff that would've been finishes in other last man standing matches were midpoints, which is something I guess I get, but it just seemed like a little much. It's like Owens and Reigns doing all this shit to each other and in the end we got this botched handcuff finish. The moment Owens was hit by that cart, it should have been over. That count was stopped for so long that they had to cut away from the ref to trick people into forgetting about the count and after all those stunts, and the waiting for the handcuffs, the big payoff is a guillotine choke. The difference between this and Stadium Stampede is that you go in to Stadium Stampede knowing that the concept itself is a joke, where as the rivalry between Owens and Reigns was taken seriously leading up to this and the match was a joke.

As much as I liked Edge winning the Rumble, I don't think that match should've ended the night, it should have been the Women's Royal Rumble. The match was better, there were more moments in this to recollect on and Bianca's win was a lot more dramatic. I won't knock Edge coming in at #1 and making it to the end, or the Edge and Christian reunion, but this is something we saw coming and therefore less of a moment.
No way the women’s rumble would end the show unless Ronda was in it.

Dat Kid1

King of smurf Style
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
This was the best WWE PPV in quite a while, there wasnt really a "bad" match, though granted i didnt watch the pre-show so i cant speak for that, but as for the main show. It was a really solid show, despite a few weird points, like the weird rapping guy with Booker T.

Besides the botch in the last man standing match, that match was still my match of the night and is what makes this show an 8 and not a 7 for me. shame about the botch but still a great match. Also while i would have liked to see the fiend it was still a great finish to the mens rumble.

8/10 for me
I completely for got about the Booker T song. That was just weird because they kept the lighting passive on him. I've seen WWE do better production when they had Poppy perform at NXT and with Booker just standing there it was awkward.

If anything I would've preferred to see Booker T in the Royal Rumble match and have him come out to the song, this just felt out of place.