Rey Mysterio Back Soon.

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Crayo

The Boss
Reaction score
Website
wweforums.net
WWE.com caught up with Rey Mysterio at the Slammys. He described his recovery from knee surgery and revealed his target date to return to action.
"Recovery is doing well. Doing my physical therapy three days a week, a little bit at home, and just making sure that my knee gets strong and healthy so I don't go through these type of incidents anymore," he says.

"I'm shooting for a date and that would be WrestleMania, I'm hoping. But there's been a lot of damage to this knee and I wanna make sure that before I step in the ring that I know exactly my knee feels one hundred percent strong, healthy and that once I step in I'm ready to go full blast again for as long as I can go."

Mysterio also has strong words for Alberto Del Rio, who put him out of action on television.

http://www.WrestlingInc.com/wi/news/2011/1218/547723/rey-mysterio/#ixzz1h7ypGJGc

So I guess Del Rio vs Rey will be what Del Rio will be up to in the near future. 3rd time they've feuded now?

seabs

Walking the King’s Road
Reaction score
Del Rio / Mysterio again? The match quality is decent but the promos are stale. I still want a proper Miz / Rey feud the match they had on raw was really enjoyable imo. Hopefully Rey can come back strong enough to continue putting on 3*+ matches week in week out.

seabs

Walking the King’s Road
Reaction score
Crayo said:
Yeah, I'd love for them to build Rey up by going over Del Rio and then let Rey put Miz over. That's me being completely bias though.

I really wish that would happen Miz has really won me over this past 12 months or so. I've enjoyed him on the mic since the promo he cut on MVP but he's got alot better at structuring a match imo.

Crayo

The Boss
Reaction score
Website
wweforums.net
Definitely. His matches with Bryan, Punk, Morrison etc were all great. He's improved massively, he's a passionate WWE guy. I thought WWE noticed this, and I still think he'll never become jobber again. But Sheamus going over him, the guy who's the Irish Cena but going over guys like Mahal and Santino... why put your best heel in WWE in a match against him, and have him lose?

Confuses the fuck out of me tbh.

seabs

Walking the King’s Road
Reaction score
The best thing about Miz is he's got the similar qualities to Jericho and Punk were he can recover his reaction with one promo due to his mic skills being so strong. So him jobbing to Sheamus doesn't concern me aslong as it leads to something.

Crayo

The Boss
Reaction score
Website
wweforums.net
Yeah I guess, you're right, I mean the guy got reactions as a heel when Jerry Lawler was booked to nearly go over him clean.

But yeah, I'm more annoyed because Punk badly needs a top heel to elevate Punk even further. They're not giving Miz that chance. I think RTWM was so good last year, mainly due to The Miz, he won so many haters over. If it is just a result for Sheamus for no reason, it'll really bug me. Especially when it's rumoured that Sheamus' pushes are only because he works out with HHH.

seabs

Walking the King’s Road
Reaction score
I agree on the Punk part but I can't see Miz being that heel if you know what I mean. He's the more conniving heel rather then the dominant heel. For Punk to be legitimized he need needs some one in the HHH heel mold.I have no idea who unless Miz does build up a legitimate dominant streak. Miz and Punk would be a mania worthy feud but I personally wouldn't do it till Mania 30 in a babyface vs babyface match after Miz turns sometime in 2012. The really catch phrase gets chanted already and the Awesome one could really be over as a babyface. These two could be the faces of the era in a similar manner to Austin / Rock in late 99 imo.

Lith

Jobber
Reaction score
He's going to end up fucking up his knee again from how show-boat'ish he is.

seabs

Walking the King’s Road
Reaction score
Lith said:
He's going to end up fucking up his knee again from how show-boat'ish he is.

Agree with this it's a sad side affect of his style. He's still top 30 in the world imo and his match with Eddie at Halloween Havoc is a personal top 5 ever but he's slowed down greatly since his early days when he was using moves like this :

Roach

Inappropriately dressed Walmart shopper
Reaction score
Website
www.dogforo.co.uk
Crayo said:
Definitely. His matches with Bryan, Punk, Morrison etc were all great. He's improved massively, he's a passionate WWE guy. I thought WWE noticed this, and I still think he'll never become jobber again. But Sheamus going over him, the guy who's the Irish Cena but going over guys like Mahal and Santino... why put your best heel in WWE in a match against him, and have him lose?

Confuses the fuck out of me tbh.
Main reason for this is because everyone loves Santino for the nice guy act. It is all playing to what the fans want. We tend to look at it in the way of ability and we all seem to like the heel guys. But most of the WWE fans do not, which is why they do not get the support from the crowd.

Jonathan

Champion
Reaction score
My source says he won't be cleared until May, because he had a third operation.