Stardom Discussion

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

DaveRodgers

Reaction score
They're not wasting time before getting to the Momo v QQ matches as we're getting Momo, Kid and Saki v AZM, Saya and Utami on the Christmas show. It'll be interesting to see how they go about booking the feud as I think the end goal should be AZM beating Momo to get her revenge in a grudge match. But that might be a while from now as this turn sets up a lot of matches they'll need to get through before the blow off.

Sent from my RMX2189 using Tapatalk

DaveRodgers

Reaction score
What's so smart about this turn is it's given impetus to both AZM and Momo who have both felt a bit lost in the shuffle lately. And it's a feud that feels important without any titles ramifications too. From a match perspective I'd have preferred a finish instead of the DQ, but as an angle, it was well done and has set up a lot.

Sent from my RMX2189 using Tapatalk

Reactions: FatBagzJones

Apoho Creed

Making Love to my Demons
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
m4aw1gh
Favorite Wrestler
oLvrzSU
Favorite Sports Team
hPPsgSL
Favorite Sports Team
hlbgCD9
Favorite Sports Team
guuKKYL
Favorite Sports Team
Um6oxIS
I'm pretty sure the one you see there is Mirai Maiumi from TJPW who recently left their Company. She recently grew out her hair she used to rock a shorter cut but I'm 90% sure that is her. Now for the other Masked talent who debuted over the Weekend I don't know who that is but she's very short and I had in my mind Saya Lida being the other Wrestler but I'm not sure if is she is ready to be a Heel. I would like to see Saya Lida to join Queen's Quest especially since Stars got HZK and Koguma, and the newer talent like Lady C who have come in I imagine will be Stars bound as well.

FatBagzJones

Reaction score
I'm pretty sure the one you see there is Mirai Maiumi from TJPW who recently left their Company. She recently grew out her hair she used to rock a shorter cut but I'm 90% sure that is her. Now for the other Masked talent who debuted over the Weekend I don't know who that is but she's very short and I had in my mind Saya Lida being the other Wrestler but I'm not sure if is she is ready to be a Heel. I would like to see Saya Lida to join Queen's Quest especially since Stars got HZK and Koguma, and the newer talent like Lady C who have come in I imagine will be Stars bound as well.
I gues you're right, multiple people suggested, that's momo, now that I look closer maybe that's not even momo

Sent from my ELE-L29 using Tapatalk

Apoho Creed

Making Love to my Demons
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
m4aw1gh
Favorite Wrestler
oLvrzSU
Favorite Sports Team
hPPsgSL
Favorite Sports Team
hlbgCD9
Favorite Sports Team
guuKKYL
Favorite Sports Team
Um6oxIS
I gues you're right, multiple people suggested, that's momo, now that I look closer maybe that's not even momo

Sent from my ELE-L29 using Tapatalk

Speaking of which it was revealed moments ago during Stardom's Show today that the person in charge of these Masked Wrestlers was in fact Giulia after being unmasked during another mugging. The other two ladies will be joining DDM at the start of the New Year. Whack Giulia was the culprit of all this stuff with the Masked Wrestlers. I was actually hoping a possible new group not them joining DDM. Hey how about trying to add talent to QQ not DDM they are set and Giulia doing this makes no sense at all. OT would do something like that. It makes no sense people Giulia to do that when Syuri, Maika, and Natsupoi all handle their business in the Ring not mug Wrestlers after Matches. Possible rift now within the group?

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
Syuri won :WOW interested to see how this one stacks up to their other two this year

TigerDriver91

Reaction score
Congrats to Syuri for becoming the undisputed world champion ! I think it is well deserved, she's the women's wrestler of the year to me. I guess Giulia may take the title from her sometime in the future, they have the scenario for a good feud.

Reactions: Chris

Apoho Creed

Making Love to my Demons
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
m4aw1gh
Favorite Wrestler
oLvrzSU
Favorite Sports Team
hPPsgSL
Favorite Sports Team
hlbgCD9
Favorite Sports Team
guuKKYL
Favorite Sports Team
Um6oxIS
Downloading Stardom Dream Queendom as I post this and I'm not shocked to see Syuri win the Red Belt over Utami. I thought just a little bit more likely Utami would retain and feud with Momo then drop the Title. I thought that would be the next step but I forgot hello who did Syuri beat in the GP to get this Title shot in the first place....Momo! Nah I don't want to see Giulia vs Syuri unless the plan I had in my head comes to pass with her new Members helping kicking out Syuri and the whole group falls apart leading them to other groups. If I don't fall asleep coming home for work I plan to watch the Show tonight if not tomorrow it's on.

Messiah

Hana Kimura ❤️
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Sports Team
2DciFqq
Favorite Sports Team
vCLYUUD
Favorite Sports Team
gLxCq87
Screenshot_20211231-033816_Twitter.jpg

Rosie

Dark Side
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
dJvrW4y
Favorite Wrestler
kevinsteen
Favorite Wrestler
Se3BZPQ
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Sports Team
2DciFqq
Favorite Sports Team
OQcgyMS
Favorite Sports Team
coloradoavalanche
Favorite Sports Team
vCLYUUD
Finally getting through Dream Queendom. Four matches in so far, here are my thoughts.

Honestly, this match was kinda weak to start. The fact it was three Odeo Tai members made it basically a handicap match 3 on 1 on 1. Then there was the trope of pinning your own partners. I honestly think it could have been a bit better if it was a Four-Way instead with only two Odeo Tai members. That way they could still team, but you wouldn't need to make it as one sided. At least I got to see my favourite evil clown.

Now this was a good match which was more of a proper opener, or at least felt like it. Hanan had a great closing sequence to pick up the win and I guess, since it is the Future of Stardom title, looking forward to seeing both her and Ruaka get better and... wait, Ruaka is only 17?! I know they start young but holy shit.

Just another enjoyable match with some crisp double team moves, and some exposure to me as a new fan to how great both the trios from Donna Del Mundo and Cosmic Angels work. The only thing is: If I was in Stardom, I doubt I'd be able to be in Cosmic Angels. I can't top their dance moves.

TIME FOR ME TO SIMP FOR SLK! Just the entrance, the look, yeah she's great. But this was just quick and was a good match which had great intensity along with the usual fast-paced action you would expect from a match for the title. The only complaints are two botches, one being a missed 619 which they recovered for quickly, then a count botch near the start of roll-up mania. As well, while the end came a bit out of nowhere and it is fitting that it'd end after the fast pin attempts, I almost wish it ended with a thud if you get what I mean. Still a very enjoyable match, AZM is also making a fan out of me and Koguma added to the match. Also I loved her getting in AZM's face in the post-match, just adding fire to their story.

Then I sort of got to thinking, what is the importance of the masks? Is it just a coincidence that all three carry masks as part of their character, or does everyone in the High Speed title contention usually come out with a mask? Excuse my noob-i-ness, just wondering.

Reactions: Chris

Rosie

Dark Side
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
dJvrW4y
Favorite Wrestler
kevinsteen
Favorite Wrestler
Se3BZPQ
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Sports Team
2DciFqq
Favorite Sports Team
OQcgyMS
Favorite Sports Team
coloradoavalanche
Favorite Sports Team
vCLYUUD
I was going to wait until getting more of the show done before commenting on more, but this match I just have to talk about.

Other than the match being great and made me a fan of both girls, this is clearly the Hana Kimura tribute match. As soon as Konami entered to her old gear from Tokyo Cyber Squad, even me being a very new fan of Stardom, I knew what it meant. I instantly smiled and just felt nice. This match had feels from both of them pointing in the sky to Hana, the banner, them both trying to hit on of Hana's moves, just the feels. I wish I understood Japanese to understand the entirety of the post-match speech, but I still felt the emotion.

I know Konami is taking a hiatus, but I hope this isn't the end for her. Ignoring her being great in this match, I just feel that when she comes back she has potential to be a face again (with the right storyline) and the emotion from this moment be turned into motivation to do some magic in the ring. But I hope she enjoys her time away and can recharge mentally, physically, and spiritually to kick ass again./SPOILER]

Apoho Creed

Making Love to my Demons
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
m4aw1gh
Favorite Wrestler
oLvrzSU
Favorite Sports Team
hPPsgSL
Favorite Sports Team
hlbgCD9
Favorite Sports Team
guuKKYL
Favorite Sports Team
Um6oxIS
I knew I forgot to post something it was finally revealed from last night's Show who were the Masked Wrestlers working with Giulia!

oUO3Dmj.jpg

Mirai from TJPW and Thekla from Ice Ribbon. I love me some Thekla loved her talent with Ice Ribbon she brings plenty of energy and ability and Mirai is a young talent learning and don't forget she has one of the best Closelines in the Game today. I don't know if like DDM getting all these Members while QQ loses Momo and gains Lady C :sadpanda

I wouldn't be shocked to see a few members of DDM leave and lasting Momo vs AZM one on one were getting it people.

CakeWalker

Fancy a slice?
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
TigerMask1
Favorite Wrestler
AZs1Z5p
Favorite Wrestler
E3RY3ej
Favorite Sports Team
2fIlV8l
Favorite Sports Team
Stewart52
Favorite Sports Team
Brad6
Favorite Sports Team
OH6F0Jl
Stardom Dream Queendom

- Hanan really impressed in her match against Ruaka, to become Future of Stardom Champion. Both of them have a long way to go - so far to early to make any really judgements on either of them. A nice way to "officially" open the show.

- Hoping the Cosmic Angels win this contest - always enjoyed what they bring to the ring and love their overall look. As always Stardom understands how to have good trios matches. Really enjoyed that match - and there is no denying Maika is a force to be reckoned with.

- The High Speed three-way was just a masterclass. AZM and Starlight Kid showing exactly what they are capable of - but was my first time seeing Koguma and she also banged. Stardom continuing to show, why women's wrestling can be such a great product irrespective of position within a company. I know need to keep my ear's to the ground to make sure I watch the next match between Starlight and AZM.

- Giulia gets a little bit of love of course - for being a London girl. But both her and Konami could win this contest and I wouldn't mind. Konami takes her hiatus - in what was clearly a damage limitation match. Was an enjoyable match, and you hope Konami benefits from her time off to get all the healing she needs with her longstanding injuries. You can always tell the emotions are real - when wrestlers can be seen visibly crying whilst being mid-match.

- This tag-match is going to act as a great buffer ahead of what are going to be two great matches to round off the evening. Momo joined Oedo Tai? Say what! The match did act like a buffer and honestly was nothing to write home about. The betrayal was really not that shocking considering everything.

- Nakano vs. Kamitani - this is going to be great. And what a match it proved to be - and the end of Nakano's reign come to an end. And to think, we still have another awesome match to come. At this point the best match I've seen in 2022, although I have a feeling that may be about to change. An emotional passing of the belt, the respect of putting the belt around the person who beat you. That is a really good look for Nakano.

- Hayashishita vs. Syuri. Two titles on the line. This could be glorious. And it has been a truly epic match, begin these two absolute elite women. The back and forth of this match was just unreal. The win for Syuri - puts her on the list of some truly great former WOS Champion

- That was a great event - and there was some key matches that everyone should watch.

CakeWalker

Fancy a slice?
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
TigerMask1
Favorite Wrestler
AZs1Z5p
Favorite Wrestler
E3RY3ej
Favorite Sports Team
2fIlV8l
Favorite Sports Team
Stewart52
Favorite Sports Team
Brad6
Favorite Sports Team
OH6F0Jl
And Stardom event [when I watch them] will be now part of my rating thread.