What Should The Main Event Be?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

What Should The Main Event Be?

• Total voters

Jacob Fox

Quiet You
Reaction score
Personally, I think the match that makes the most sense is Sasha vs Bayley. This feud/partnership has been festering for years and out of all of the HIAC matches, it makes the most sense.

Redboy123@

Reaction score
Sasha vs Bayley shouldn't be the main event because I feel it will be the first match to kick off a series of ppv matches between the two. Especially if they are booking Bayley to win then definitely don't have it go on last. Fair enough if Sasha wins. But my point is this isn't going to be the ultimate blow off between the two. I'm not completely against them main eventing if Sasha wins.

Roman vs Jey should main event even though it is blatantly obvious that Roman is going to win. I personally wouldn't of even booked this match as we the viewers have been told that Jey is not on the level of Roman so this HIAC match is not that intriguing. But the story is so good and Roman is the biggest deal in WWE right now. So it makes sense for it to go on last. Especially if they shoot a big angle for after the match. Eg The Usos aligning with the Tribal Chief or a confrontation between Roman and his next challenge.

Drew vs Orton will for sure deliver on match quality and is a fight deserving of the cell. However, this feud really lacks steam and I feel both guys will benefit seeing the back of this feud.

Reactions: Jacob Fox

Jacob Fox

Quiet You
Reaction score
I actually changed my vote an hour ago. Sasha and Bayley is overdone. I went for Jey and Roman instead because there is more heat there

Redboy123@

Reaction score
Sasha and Bayley overdone when they haven't even wrestled yet jeez. WWE can't book shit

Crash

Reaction score
They dragged the Sasha and Bayley thing for way too long... Shouldn't even be a HIAC match imo, there is no heat at all. Roman vs Jey Uso is the proper main event.

Redboy123@

Reaction score
They dragged the Sasha and Bayley thing for way too long... Shouldn't even be a HIAC match imo, there is no heat at all. Roman vs Jey Uso is the proper main event.
You are wrong. It literally the best woman feud of the year. To say it shouldn't happen because it doesn't have any heat is ridiculous. I'm an extremely fair and level headed person. I can see that the fued has run out of steam. I think the lack of crowd has squashed it. But it deffo is the biggest women's match of the year.

Deadmanforever97

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker2
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
kurtangle
Favorite Wrestler
oAYiXZo
Favorite Wrestler
bookert
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
Aed870G
Roman vs Jey has more backstory, power, and potential behind it.

I believe in him main eventing hell in a cell, and doing hardcore stuff where there is no rules will escalate him even further in the than he already is.

Then you add that special ingredient which is Paul Heyman. You have a great main event

Reactions: Crash

Crash

Reaction score
You are wrong. It literally the best woman feud of the year. To say it shouldn't happen because it doesn't have any heat is ridiculous. I'm an extremely fair and level headed person. I can see that the fued has run out of steam. I think the lack of crowd has squashed it. But it deffo is the biggest women's match of the year.

Hey, I didn't say it shouldn't happen, just not inside HIAC... Also being the biggest women's match of the year isn't much of an achievement, there were barely any women feud at all or that were of any interest throughout the year. I wouldn't blame this on the lack of a crowd tho, I think the fact that Ronda, Charlotte and Becky have all been off for so long is a big problem for the women's division. Granted, Bayley and Sasha are trying their best and I'm not taking that away from them, but their feud has been built way too slow and now doesn't feel interesting at all

Last edited:

edge4ever

The Game
Technician
Reaction score
Drew and Orton.

This is the last match between these 2 in a well played feud. They’ve made this the final match in a brutal and personal rivalry, the way it should be done. This is literally the first tin years that I can recall where a HIAC match makes sense.

Im sure it’ll be match of the night and they’ll going to beat the shit out of each other.

While I love the new Reigns and am actually enjoying the feud between him and Jey, it shouldn’t be the main event. They’ve had one match, Jey and Roman, and it doesn’t have the push behind it yet. Is it personal and bitter? Of course, but that doesn’t automatically assume they should be handed the main event.

I guess I’m more old school in the sense that a great conclusion to an awesome feud should be given the main event, because it’s bound to be that worthy and it has earned that? Idk.

Jacob Fox

Quiet You
Reaction score
Sasha and Bayley has technically been going on for five years. They had a wonderful feud in NXT. The tag teaming and sometimes enemies friction started up right when she came up to the main roster. So technically this feud has been stewing for a long time.

Redboy123@

Reaction score
Hey, I didn't say it shouldn't happen, just not inside HIAC... Also being the biggest women's match of the year isn't much of an achievement, there were barely any women feud at all or that were of any interest throughout the year. I wouldn't blame this on the lack of a crowd tho, I think the fact that Ronda, Charlotte and Becky have all been off for so long is a big problem for the women's division. Granted, Bayley and Sasha are trying their best and I'm not taking that away from them, but their feud has been built way too slow and now doesn't feel interesting at all
Yeah I must have misread you. I might add that the teaming of Sasha and Bayley had fan interest from the very start all the way to the break up. Sasha and Bayley during the summer were on fire. But as soon as the breakup happened the story ran out of steam despite it not being booked badly. Maybe it wasn't the right time. Maybe its because babyface Sasha is boring. But really I think it has to be because there is no crowd. I don't really see anything to suggest the lack of crowd interaction has no effect on the quality of storytelling. It means everything. Wrestling without a organic crowd reaction sucks. Every feud in wwe would be way better if they still performed in front of the crowd. The crowd is just as important then the wrestlers. Sure sometimes they get away with it. But they haven't with Sasha and Bayley.

Redboy123@

Reaction score
I agree. In the traditional sense, Drew vs Orton fits the HIAC stipulation and is the right ful main event.

Meanwhile Roman vs Jey is a bitter feud with a great story but is between a world champion calibre talent and a inferior opponent. That was established to us at clash of champions. Jey Uso has zero chance at beating Roman. So why should it main event? The answer is its Roman Reigns and he is a star. People watch wrestling not for Jey Uso to rise up and defeat Roman. They are watching for a different reason.

Do you not think Bayley vs Sasha is also a HIAC match that also makes sense? Maybe not as it's the first encounter. But I don't think it being the last match after lengthy feud is the only criteria for a suitable HIAC match.

Reactions: edge4ever

edge4ever

The Game
Technician
Reaction score
I agree. In the traditional sense, Drew vs Orton fits the HIAC stipulation and is the right ful main event.

Meanwhile Roman vs Jey is a bitter feud with a great story but is between a world champion calibre talent and a inferior opponent. That was established to us at clash of champions. Jey Uso has zero chance at beating Roman. So why should it main event? The answer is its Roman Reigns and he is a star. People watch wrestling not for Jey Uso to rise up and defeat Roman. They are watching for a different reason.

Do you not think Bayley vs Sasha is also a HIAC match that also makes sense? Maybe not as it's the first encounter. But I don't think it being the last match after lengthy feud is the only criteria for a suitable HIAC match.
Yeah, that’s my thought. Drew and Orton should have that spot, it makes sense.

Roman getting it just because he’s Roman is no different than when tons of bitched about Brock or whomever getting handed every main event no matter what.

We could argue all day what match should be main event, but logically, it should be Drew and Orton.

Jacob Fox

Quiet You
Reaction score
Yeah, that’s my thought. Drew and Orton should have that spot, it makes sense.

Roman getting it just because he’s Roman is no different than when tons of bitched about Brock or whomever getting handed every main event no matter what.

We could argue all day what match should be main event, but logically, it should be Drew and Orton.

I love you babe, but you are not Spock ?

Reactions: edge4ever