WWE Draft 2024 Results *SPOILERS*

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Bad News Booty

It’s Ghetto Blaster Time, Fool
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scotthall
Favorite Wrestler
kevinnash
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Favorite Wrestler
bigbossman
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Wow what a non story a 15 year old said something is gay in 2012.
Also yeah she’s half black so another nonissue

The people trying to cancel her are dumb and whoever brought it here. Do better.

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Wow what a non story a 15 year old said something is gay in 2012.
Also yeah she’s half black so another nonissue

The people trying to cancel her are dumb and whoever brought it here. Do better.
yeah it's a pretty damn weaksauce cancelation attempt

The ScapeDubb

Cry me a river
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
jeffjarrett
Favorite Wrestler
Se3BZPQ
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
ZIF7zVA
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Sports Team
carolinahurricanes
Favorite Sports Team
xjczadG
The dumb shit I said as a teenager... so glad twitter didn't exist (also probably helps that I'm not a prominent public figure as well...)

• Haha
Reactions: Dale

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
The dumb shit I said as a teenager... so glad twitter didn't exist (also probably helps that I'm not a prominent public figure as well...)
yeah as an almost 40 year old I am very happy twitter was not a thing, I've enough cringey ass posts on facebook and twitter would have been worse

Jimmy King

It’s Britney, bitch
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
oAYiXZo
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
DjUmJN2
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
eIHNFff
Favorite Sports Team
padres
Favorite Sports Team
Zjaonp3
Decade old tweets seem like a non issue and nothing to get worked up over. That person that dug it up seems like a loser troll with nothing better to do in life judging by their other tweets.

Reactions: BSE and Dale

Hoss

HELL IS NOT A MYTH
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
I'm sure it's a dangerously unfuckable jabroni

• Haha
Reactions: Canadian Dragon

Cwalker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
codyrhodes
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
jaylethal
Favorite Sports Team
BZw58qk
Being in the public eye has to be annoying. People actively going out of their way to find things from 10-15 years ago in an attempt to “cancel” you.

It’s sad

Reactions: BSE and Y2Jayne

Bad News Booty

It’s Ghetto Blaster Time, Fool
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scotthall
Favorite Wrestler
kevinnash
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Favorite Wrestler
bigbossman
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Being in the public eye has to be annoying. People actively going out of their way to find things from 10-15 years ago in an attempt to “cancel” you.

It’s sad

Especially when from when you’re a child

epo1984

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Wrestler
codyrhodes3
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
homd3TG
Favorite Wrestler
roIjoft
Favorite Sports Team
zFgjY9e
I agree with everything pretty much that has been said on cancel culture, people digging up stuff , etc.

BUT...

At what point does someone sit down with future stars and go through social media posts of the past and both reactively purge them and proactively teach why these are wrong and what future conduct should look like? WWE bangs a drum about a developmental system. Why does that only stop with in ring and backstage at events? Why doesn't it stretch to things like training on social media and reviewing together past history?

I'm sure there are a range of things they could teach at performance centre from money management to food and nutrition to public conduct etc. The list is endless potentially.

Focus on making stars of the future but also creating humble, respectful, well rounded role models.

Reactions: The Gipper

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
They do teach classes there or at least they did as far as I know. Aint nobody got the time to go through the social media accounts of the endless amount of talent they coming through the doors. It should be on the talent themselves to have the foresight to do that, they're signing with a huge company and should limit their social media accounts until they check it themselves or get rid of it and create a new one.

Cwalker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
codyrhodes
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
jaylethal
Favorite Sports Team
BZw58qk
Yeah they tell the 18/19/20 year old kids that come through the PC all about money management and being a professional but ain’t nobody gonna sit there and through your internet history from 15 years ago.

I know if I were a talent and I got signed to WWE, I’m deleting all my current social media and starting fresh. You may not be able to get rid of everything but you stand a better chance of something that you said when you were 13 not coming back to bite you in the ass.

epo1984

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Wrestler
codyrhodes3
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
homd3TG
Favorite Wrestler
roIjoft
Favorite Sports Team
zFgjY9e
They do teach classes there or at least they did as far as I know. Aint nobody got the time to go through the social media accounts of the endless amount of talent they coming through the doors. It should be on the talent themselves to have the foresight to do that, they're signing with a huge company and should limit their social media accounts until they check it themselves or get rid of it and create a new one.
See, the investment level WWE put into any single person is so much it is absolutely worth the investment to get a consultancy to do this.

Yes it absolutely SHOULD be on the talent but sometimes people don't know they are doing wrong or have done wrong until it's pointed out, and some may not remember single tweets from thousands of tweets they have sent. The WWE should absolutely want to protect both itself and it's employees from this level of scrutiny.

I agree about taking responsibility but the wwe should do background checks and work with talent before then setting them free and talents having ultimate responsibility themselves.

epo1984

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Wrestler
codyrhodes3
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
homd3TG
Favorite Wrestler
roIjoft
Favorite Sports Team
zFgjY9e
Yeah they tell the 18/19/20 year old kids that come through the PC all about money management and being a professional but ain’t nobody gonna sit there and through your internet history from 15 years ago.

I know if I were a talent and I got signed to WWE, I’m deleting all my current social media and starting fresh. You may not be able to get rid of everything but you stand a better chance of something that you said when you were 13 not coming back to bite you in the ass.
Again, agree with this, but it's easy for us to sit here and say "we would do x" .

Looking at this PURELY from a business point of view in looking after assets, it is strange that they don't hire external contractors to do this social media deep dives.