• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Forbidden Door 2024 to be held on Long Island

Kross Rhodes

Israel Has the Right to Exist
Man WCW had some wild and fun concept for shows tbh. Hell Road/Hog Wild also was dope as fuck
People often try to discredit aesthetics, but to me, it’s what draws me in first. And then, if you can put on a good wrestling show afterwards, that’s a bonus. I love having different things. Put a ring on the beach, put a ring on a pool, Have a ring outside during a motorcycle rally. This shit is all really cool to me.

Hidden Blaze

The Wanted Man
People often try to discredit aesthetics, but to me, it’s what draws me in first. And then, if you can put on a good wrestling show afterwards, that’s a bonus. I love having different things. Put a ring on the beach, put a ring on a pool, Have a ring outside during a motorcycle rally. This shit is all really cool to me.
Exactly! Like do something fucking different, sometimes I think it’s an issue maybe with like not making money off those events or something, but like fuck :lol PPV buys, merch buys, and hopefully gaining new fans could make it worth it in the long run tbh.

Storm Trooper

If I can be Storm Trooper for a Minute
ya long island isnt new york (according to a lot of new yorkers lol)
Long Island isn't New York City, both sides 100% agree with you there. but the original tweet said something about Grand Slam still being in QUEENS, which is why I said it that way. The options for AEW to run are very few.

They could run UBS arena and make it work but I still want to see them run Citi Field. Issue is needing to do it in baseball season as you don't run an outdoor show in New York from October-March (Citi Field does run concerts in-season so it can happen). WWE got lucky twice with Mania 29 and 35 outdoors in Jersey.

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
"There will be STARDOM and CMLL wrestlers on the Forbidden Door show when they do that show in June. So he [Taro Okada] came in and that kind of explains, again, when Tony Khan tweeted those tweets about Rossy Ogawa. It was definite loyalty to STARDOM. I believe on the April 5 Ring of Honor pay-per-view a couple of STARDOM wrestlers are going to be on that show. I think AZM is going to be on that show and maybe Mina Shirakawa." (Source: Wrestling Observer Radio)