Would You Watch AEW?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Zardnaar

The Showoff
Reaction score
As the title says. Would you watch AEW if its free/cheap. For example if its not on cable or if it ends up on something like Netflix. Of if its on a cable channel you already have.

For me personally I would definitely check it out. I wouldn't pay for it unless I got really sick of WWE and decided to dump the network and pay a similar amount for a similar service. And no matter how bad RAW gets NXT and Smackdown have been really good lately and I watch older stuff occasionally. I used to like WCW when it was good and even occasionally watch a match or promo etc from back then as WCW is on the network as well.

Reactions: Vampire Quinn

Ovaldinho

Reaction score
Only if they pick up the main man Hideo 'KENTA' Itami

The Sheik

The Architect
Technician
Reaction score
I'll watch the first show and that's it.. just out of curiosity.. WWE is more than enough. I can't handle anymore wrestling in my life.

Gman003

The Lunatic Fringe
Hotshot
Reaction score
I'm making the jump over when it starts. Won't be much of a jump though as I haven't really seen much wwe in the last year

Chaz-1

Jobber
Reaction score
Dave Meltzer reporting that AEW are going to compete with WWE for Brock Lesnar when his current contract expires.

I just don't get why he is so highly thought off.....is he that big a draw?

Gman003

The Lunatic Fringe
Hotshot
Reaction score
Probably just a tactic for Lesnar to suck even more money out of Vince. True or not, I'll bet it works.

I honestly dont see the draw in the guy anymore for wrestling. UFC maybe...only because hes been successful in both. Anymore it's more annoying to see him in wwe than it is rewarding. Hes taking up the company's top spot in a part time role. Its ridiculous. And I would bet AEW would want to use him as much as possible for the $$$ they'd fork out for him. If it's not wwe then its ufc. Although on that note.... hes guaranteed pay days in wwe as a champion that he gets to dictate what happens. In the UFC he does not dictate the outcome. It would 100% be for the heavyweight title. Which as a ufc fan I absolutely hate the thought of. But he will have to actually fight. And if he wins he'll be forced to fight guys much younger than him and fairly dangerous. Makes for interesting angles.

As much as it disappoints me to type this; wwe is his home and will be for the foreseeable future.

Redboy123@

Reaction score
Dave Meltzer reporting that AEW are going to compete with WWE for Brock Lesnar when his current contract expires.

I just don't get why he is so highly thought off.....is he that big a draw?
Yes. Yes he is

SWL

ur booty is heavy duty like diarrhea
Hotshot
Reaction score
sure I'll give it a shot, if I keep on watching it is a different story tho. I also watched Lucha Underground when it started and then that fizzled out during the first season. But I'm definitely intrigued, especially because I didn't really keep up with NJPW but I kept up with whatever Kenny Omega was doing

Jay-Ashley

The War Dog Rebel
Reaction score
No, mainly because there is no Russo, Nash, Hall, or other guys who were in the 80s and 90s.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Asuka Lock and Doxo

Mr. Roman Empire

The Game
Main Eventer
Reaction score
Ill try it out. I feel like its gonna be mediocre though. I have a feeling theres gonna be too many cooks in the kitchen. Too many wrestlings deciding on what they want to do creatively.

Rosie

Dark Side
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
dJvrW4y
Favorite Wrestler
kevinsteen
Favorite Wrestler
Se3BZPQ
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Sports Team
2DciFqq
Favorite Sports Team
OQcgyMS
Favorite Sports Team
coloradoavalanche
Favorite Sports Team
vCLYUUD
I will for sure give it a chance. They are already building the foundations of a decent roster of rising stars with semi-established/established names and if they get off the ground then even if they are not "WWE level" right away, they can have a solid chunk of the wrestling pie so to speak. I think they proved with All In that they can book a good to great show with a good variety and build hype, just the catch is if they can keep it up.

Doxo

Moist Nephew
Reaction score
I see AEW in the same light as when ROH first went to tv. I went out if my way to watch it and gave it a month to wow me. In that one month, it didn't wow me, so I stepped away. I'll activily follow AEW for one month and see how it turns out. If it has a slow start but I hear it gets better, then I'll give it another shot in my off time.

I am legitimately very excited for AEW, but I'm not going to force myself to watch something I don't like