WWE 2K14: I don't understand stupid ass universe mode

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Dolph'sZiggler

Biggest self-mark since Bret Hart
Reaction score
I don't understand the point of this stupid ass mode. I wish they had a playable mode fully engulfed in kayfabe. 30 years of wrestlemania was cool for the earlier years, but now that they are trying to have me wrestle as Cena every time I'm over it.

Universe mode was the only next logical step I saw but wtf is the point? I have to book matches so it is like I am booking but nothing really seems to be happening. I just become the booker but then have to play the match like its a shoot fight. Either give people a real legit honest to god be the booker, GM mode or what have you or let us use a superstar and go through in complete kayfabe (like back in the day when I played Smackdown)

anyhow, for being basically one of two game modes this universe shit is gay as fuck. Unless I am missing the point, what do you fucks do in this lame ass game mode?

Reactions: Trip in the Head

Cloud

Champion
Reaction score
Customise it so you have the correct ppl challenging for the correct titles so no Santino going for the WWE title etc.... Build a tag division and just piss about basically.

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score
does baby need a hug? cwanky cuz his best m8 won't play virtual footy with him b'awww

Trip in the Head

Jester of Darkness
Reaction score
I haven't seen shit in it yet except for people coming out at the top of the ramp and motioning for something. I have heard that the "rivalries" that build up are supposed to have some cool animated cut scenes, but if you try and play the match yourself and make the wrong guy win you won't see it. I agree it kind of sucks. Miss the old story modes.

Reactions: Dolph'sZiggler

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score
I haven't seen shit in it yet except for people coming out at the top of the ramp and motioning for something. I have heard that the "rivalries" that build up are supposed to have some cool animated cut scenes, but if you try and play the match yourself and make the wrong guy win you won't see it. I agree it kind of sucks. Miss the old story modes.

They need a game mode where you control one individual wrestler and go through his career. include the backstage mode like in Smackdown where it has a bit of an open world element to it. Take over a rookie the night after Mania and give us the ability to play through X number of years in his career. Start on NXT, work your way up to win the NXT title, get the call up, get a slow push, maybe work your way through the tag division, win the IC belt at Mania the first year, eventually work your way up to get major title shots, ect.

Trip in the Head

Jester of Darkness
Reaction score
They need a game mode where you control one individual wrestler and go through his career. include the backstage mode like in Smackdown where it has a bit of an open world element to it. Take over a rookie the night after Mania and give us the ability to play through X number of years in his career. Start on NXT, work your way up to win the NXT title, get the call up, get a slow push, maybe work your way through the tag division, win the IC belt at Mania the first year, eventually work your way up to get major title shots, ect.
With key storyline points and rivalries in the separate sections, yeah that would be fucking epic

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score
With key storyline points and rivalries in the separate sections, yeah that would be fucking epic

Exactly. Back in the day the (in this type of game mode) rivalries all felt unique and planned out, because, well, they were. No matter what I try in 'universe mode' everything just feels generic and pointless. I'm not sure what I should be working towards or anything like that so it just feels like I'm doing pointless shit for the sake of doing pointless shit.

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score
It is like one half step ahead of just playing random exhibition match after exhibition match at the main screen.

Trip in the Head

Jester of Darkness
Reaction score
Exactly. Back in the day the (in this type of game mode) rivalries all felt unique and planned out, because, well, they were. No matter what I try in 'universe mode' everything just feels generic and pointless. I'm not sure what I should be working towards or anything like that so it just feels like I'm doing pointless shit for the sake of doing pointless shit.
Eh, I try to think of it as practice for online matches and just play the matches with superstars I like. But I totally agree they dropped the ball with universe mode in 2K14