• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

WWE allegedly sueing AEW for breach of contract

Hidden Blaze

The Wanted Man

Since this covers two companies, I just put it in wrestling news. :lol If someone feels it belongs in either WWE or AEW, go on ahead and post it there

Deezy

DZ PZ
Jeff Hardy should be pissed off at who released that video.

Man's still under a contract.....his brother works for a rival company.....brother states on video where he going and motherfucked said company.

It's not that flimsy of a case, and they've won on weaker ones.

Hidden Blaze

The Wanted Man
Could also backfire on WWE with their whole Non Compete Clause however as well. Something no one wanted to waste time going to court over before, but if WWE does it themselves, would be a good time to at least have it bought to the eyes of the courts. Because he was fired. I would think he should be allowed to at least set up a job during that time, even if he doesn’t start it.

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
if true, I say, good luck! you can't really bully TK in court like you could an independent contractor as his pockets are quite deeper than the average joe. I have my doubts on this one, though, I must say. It would honestly be bad PR for WWE and they would look extremely foolish since the way they let Jeff go was rather unsavory.

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
“Look, we all know that Jeff Hardy is coming in. Jeff Hardy himself said it until he realized, ‘Oh my god, I just f*cked up!’ So, he had to say, ‘I didn’t mean it,’ because it’s like… Of course, he’s coming in, unless something falls through. It’s understood. Everyone in wrestling knows it, but you can’t say it.

“Jeff Hardy, today, is under contract to WWE. If you say that, it’s like, it’s frickin’ admission to tampering. Jeff saying it’s already a problem with WWE, because, of course, they’re looking to do something legally in this situation. I mean, they’re looking for that mistake.”

clickbaity headline tbh. the quote says they are looking for mistakes but nowhere does he outright say they are building a legal case. thats a massive leap by the article writer. maybe people should actually read the article like Dale said, but ACTUALLY read it and not just who the quote was from ;)

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
I believe in the thread I posted where Jeff straight up told that interviewer that he was going to AEW, I said he probably fucked up lol
yeah that part is bad. BUT. he didnt say he signed a contract. its also not a sports league with a commisioner and shit so honestly, i dont think this will hold up in any court of law as those contracts are already dubious in the first place (the wwe ones) . AEW can also say we never spoke to Jeff, he just really wants to go to AEW.

I'm genuinely curious though because not being able to line up your next job for 3 months , while not working, seems pretty ridiculous to enforce and no one is going to convince me WWE AEW and every other company talks to people the second they are released, even if its "unofficially"

Hidden Blaze

The Wanted Man
Exactly, like if you get canned, even if you don’t go work for someone right away, you damn sure should be able to at least set up your next damn job.