8th December 2014 - LIVE Discussion: Slammy Time

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

TheTimidPimp

Reaction score
I don’t understand the point of the Slammys. It’s not something that anyone takes seriously, it stopped feeling like something special years ago, it’s just a tired gimmick that served no purpose other than to interrupt the show. I like Roman Reigns but I don’t believe for a second that fans voted him as superstar of the year, so on top of all that, it’s bollocks too.

John Laurenitis, Santino, Booker, Steamboat, RVD etc. It’s good to see (some of) them but it’s just novelty shit and has no meaning and I have no interest. Guest hosts always suck too no matter how much I like whoever it is, more goofy shit to skip.

The only parts I liked were the Bray Wyatt and Howlin’ Mad Dean Ambrose promo/brawl and the brawl after the main event. Everything else felt like inconsequential filler. The New Day/Rhodes feud feels stale already after like 10 minutes. No interest in seeing Cena v Show again, not that I ever was interested in seeing it.

Not only is Raw getting increasingly more difficult to watch because they haven’t got enough shit going on to fill 3 hours, but they’re having to give away important shit to make up for it. I’m not arsed about the Divas division really but they made Charlotte look like crap against someone who isn’t portrayed very strongly which is a pretty nonsensical thing to do considering how she’s been built in NXT with Takeover on this week. Just don’t put her on Raw yet. Rollins Ziggler was a pretty good match but it feels like it’s gonna be one of those matches that happens about 3 times a month and quickly loses all meaning. It feels like Ziggler took a step backwards too. Rowan v Harper should’ve been a much bigger deal than it was made out to be.

It was probably no worse than any other Raw but it just seemed to be 80% filler with the Slammys/Guest host malarky in too and hardly any storyline progress was made, which is pretty lame seeing as it’s the last raw before the balsa wood flimsy aluminium carnage that is TLC. You probably could’ve fit the parts that I gave a shit about into 25 minutes at a push. 4/10.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Slammy's taken serious? You even watch the first one?

The bitchbirds always come out before TLC to talk about how stale WWE is and they don't seem to notice that they do this every year like clockwork.

It's almost like they don't realize the creative leaves this part of the year in a holding pattern because its the holidays and people have other shit to do, you don't see other tv shows airing new episodes besides late night and the news.

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
I agree that the Slammy's pretty much suck ass and that it just seems like the thought behind them is "lets create as many fucking categories as we can so that we can basically give them to everyone who's usually featured prominently" but I didn't think this show was that bad outside all those segments.

Literally every single match on the PPV card was advanced on this show, so for me it did it's job perfectly.

Charlotte looked like crap? It was a quick showcase match for her that she lost by rollup to a veteran, again I don't see any negatives there either.

I feel weird defending RAW.

TheTimidPimp

Reaction score
Oh Scrooge McDeez, you're so heel. Yeah, I watched the first one. I don't remember saying or thinking this before TLC last year, or any of the years prior to that. You must have me mixed up with another bitchbird. All the matches were acknowledged but I wouldn't say many of them were advanced particularly, or at least not very well, it was just more of the same. It depends what angle you look at it from I suppose. Charlotte's the top diva in NXT and she's been having pretty epic matches there and then she lost in a couple of minutes to someone who isn't really portrayed as one of the top divas in WWE, I just thought they should've introduced her in a way that made her stronger than that.

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Charlotte's the top diva in NXT and she's been having pretty epic matches there and then she lost in a couple of minutes to someone who isn't really portrayed as one of the top divas in WWE, I just thought they should've introduced her in a way that made her stronger than that.
But I think you're looking too much into it tbh as it was just a quick showcase match for the masses to be made aware of. Show her off briefly and then anyone who is interested by her being Flair's daughter will see what she's really about at R-Evolution if they decide to tune into it.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Oh Scrooge McDeez, you're so heel. Yeah, I watched the first one. I don't remember saying or thinking this before TLC last year, or any of the years prior to that. You must have me mixed up with another bitchbird. All the matches were acknowledged but I wouldn't say many of them were advanced particularly, or at least not very well, it was just more of the same. It depends what angle you look at it from I suppose. Charlotte's the top diva in NXT and she's been having pretty epic matches there and then she lost in a couple of minutes to someone who isn't really portrayed as one of the top divas in WWE, I just thought they should've introduced her in a way that made her stronger than that.
Don't gimmick me youngboy, I didn't say "Hey this TimidPimp is a bitchbird" did I? No. I said people constantly come to forums to complain during the holidays and they don't notice why.

I don't play heel, I'm not some sad neckbeard who hides behind words like "trolling" when one of my opinions aren't popular.

So get some new material, I've heard it all before.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers

Come on bruh, Deez don't believe in no faces and heels

Reactions: Deezy

TheTimidPimp

Reaction score
Don't gimmick me youngboy, I didn't say "Hey this TimidPimp is a bitchbird" did I? No. I said people constantly come to forums to complain during the holidays and they don't notice why.

I don't play heel, I'm not some sad neckbeard who hides behind words like "trolling" when one of my opinions aren't popular.

So get some new material, I've heard it all before.

Ok, I wont gimmick you, whatever that might mean, I just think you're a bit of a contrarian who often talks absolute shite and mistakes being tactless and mindlessly belligerent for being candid and 'telling it how it is.' I was the one who gave my (valid) opinion, you were the one who didn't like it and acted like a bitch about it, so don't try and make out that I'm the one who's being unreasonable.

TheTimidPimp

Reaction score
And going back to your original point, even if it does happen every year, it doesn't make it ok or any less shite and boring to sit through.

TheTimidPimp

Reaction score
But I think you're looking too much into it tbh as it was just a quick showcase match for the masses to be made aware of. Show her off briefly and then anyone who is interested by her being Flair's daughter will see what she's really about at R-Evolution if they decide to tune into it.

Yeah fair point, it's just not what I was expecting.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Ok, I wont gimmick you, whatever that might mean, I just think you're a bit of a contrarian who often talks absolute shite and mistakes being tactless and mindlessly belligerent for being candid and 'telling it how it is.' I was the one who gave my (valid) opinion, you were the one who didn't like it and acted like a bitch about it, so don't try and make out that I'm the one who's being unreasonable.
Just because you didn't get it, doesn't make me any less valid. You're valid opinion was met with a story about how you are not the first to express , said opinion and notice you expect wrestling to somehow be better than the competition......television. And the holding pattern is valid beause it's confirmed from former writers. You didn't like raw, yeah I got that, I gave you an explanation, cry more rivers.