AEW Dynamite: BIG BUSINESS! March 13th, 2024 Live from Bo$$ton

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
not being as big as WWE doesn't mean things are horrible lmao

Reactions: Hidden Blaze

writtenin1981

Reaction score
not being as big as WWE doesn't mean things are horrible lmao
They don't need to be as big as WWE. They do, however, have to turn things around. Their numbers are shrinking. Their live attendance has been going down tremendously outside of big events (like tonight), and their viewership has been slipping down significantly over the past year.

I don't think they will ever be as big as WWE. I want them to be a SOLID second place, though. Right now, professional wrestling in the United States is in a precarious position. No matter how good TKO is at letting WWE run things right now, they are still a corporation and can change their mind on a whim when it comes to decision making.

Wrestling needs a back up and an insurance policy, for lack of a better phrase, in which there is a national company not under corporate ownership that can keep the sport going should WWE end up in a bad situation in the future.

As such, AEW *REALLY* needs to grow its audience and get people interested again. They have lost their spark and they are in desperate need of freshening up. This is a chance for them to do so starting tonight, and they have got to take advantage of the position being offered to them instead of digging in their heels and swearing "everything is fine!"

writtenin1981

Reaction score
Y'know one day, I feel we will move past the AEW is in huge trouble. Maybe after the next TV deal.
That would definitely help as far as a cushion going forward. The fact that they don't have one yet and their numbers are dropping does make me nervous. I understand why they don't have a deal, yet, but it also makes me wonder what the decision makers behind the scenes think seeing the figures going down on the line graphs week-to-week or month-to-month when it comes to giving them that deal. So, it would definitely make me feel a bit more at ease if they got solidified as having a place to land once their current TV contract is up.

Roy Mustang

Reaction score
They don't need to be as big as WWE. They do, however, have to turn things around. Their numbers are shrinking. Their live attendance has been going down tremendously outside of big events (like tonight), and their viewership has been slipping down significantly over the past year.

I don't think they will ever be as big as WWE. I want them to be a SOLID second place, though. Right now, professional wrestling in the United States is in a precarious position. No matter how good TKO is at letting WWE run things right now, they are still a corporation and can change their mind on a whim when it comes to decision making.

Wrestling needs a back up and an insurance policy, for lack of a better phrase, in which there is a national company not under corporate ownership that can keep the sport going should WWE end up in a bad situation in the future.

As such, AEW *REALLY* needs to grow its audience and get people interested again. They have lost their spark and they are in desperate need of freshening up. This is a chance for them to do so starting tonight, and they have got to take advantage of the position being offered to them instead of digging in their heels and swearing "everything is fine!"

Well I have good news. They are easily a solid second place.

writtenin1981

Reaction score
Well I have good news. They are easily a solid second place.
When they get back to filling up moderate sized arenas on a routine basis and averaging in the neighborhood of a million people watching a week, then I will believe they are a solid second place, again. Right now, they are in second place, but the foundation does not look sturdy, at all. Significant changes have to be made to legitimately solidify their standing. I'm hoping tonight is a turning point for them as it pertains to doing just that.

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
companies get hotter and colder - AEW is doing fine and this sky is falling stuff is boring. stop regurgitating live attendance numbers, they weren't filling 10k on Dynamite every week in the past either.

Unless we hear they are losing their shirt and everyone is unhappy ands no one is watching, the company is not in trouble, it's not dying. It's cooler than it was when it started, yet it finishes 1st most weeks. Same 800k are tuning it everyone week.

literally every company outside WWE would kill to get anywhere near these numbers or crowds.

Also the shows have been great, the wrestling has been great and they just did a million dollar gate for the last ppv and sold around 170k or more ppvs, looking to be the THIRD biggest ppv buys in the companies history.

Cooler doesn't mean dying, stop it.

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
remember when WWE were tarping stuff and had low ratings and then it got a giant increase in rights anyways? me too.

cyclical. When wwe gets cooler AEW will get hotter and vice versa. Just enjoy the shows

Hidden Blaze

The Wanted Man
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
MOLAnG4
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
homd3TG
Favorite Sports Team
gLxCq87
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
lurU13l
Favorite Sports Team
HHst8yg
Very excited definitely.

Reactions: Canadian Dragon

writtenin1981

Reaction score
companies get hotter and colder - AEW is doing fine and this sky is falling stuff is boring. stop regurgitating live attendance numbers, they weren't filling 10k on Dynamite every week in the past either.

Unless we hear they are losing their shirt and everyone is unhappy ands no one is watching, the company is not in trouble, it's not dying. It's cooler than it was when it started, yet it finishes 1st most weeks. Same 800k are tuning it everyone week.

literally every company outside WWE would kill to get anywhere near these numbers or crowds.

Also the shows have been great, the wrestling has been great and they just did a million dollar gate for the last ppv and sold around 170k or more ppvs, looking to be the THIRD biggest ppv buys in the companies history.

Cooler doesn't mean dying, stop it.
The thing is, Bryan Alvarez reported a couple of weeks back that people in the locker room were becoming unhappy with the situation, and I'm hearing mixed results on exactly what their current financial situation is. From what I understand, they aren't in danger of going under, yet, but they also have yet to turn a profit. Meltzer has said he believes the right TV deal could change that, but it does add to my anxiety over how stable the company is.

But, maybe I am being too uptight. Perhaps tonight I should just relax and enjoy the show and see how things start to unfold afterward. Not let "what if" thoughts interfere with my enjoyment of the event present.

The ScapeDubb

Cry me a river
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
jeffjarrett
Favorite Wrestler
Se3BZPQ
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
ZIF7zVA
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Sports Team
carolinahurricanes
Favorite Sports Team
xjczadG
The thing is, Bryan Alvarez reported a couple of weeks back that people in the locker room were becoming unhappy with the situation, and I'm hearing mixed results on exactly what their current financial situation is. From what I understand, they aren't in danger of going under, yet, but they also have yet to turn a profit. Meltzer has said he believes the right TV deal could change that, but it does add to my anxiety over how stable the company is.

But, maybe I am being too uptight. Perhaps tonight I should just relax and enjoy the show and see how things start to unfold afterward. Not let "what if" thoughts interfere with my enjoyment of the event present.

Bryan Alvarez and Dave have become a bit of a joke lately with how much they have been proven wrong with their stories.

Hidden Blaze

The Wanted Man
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
MOLAnG4
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
homd3TG
Favorite Sports Team
gLxCq87
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
lurU13l
Favorite Sports Team
HHst8yg
Bryan Alvarez and Dave have become a bit of a joke lately with how much they have been proven wrong with their stories.
Yeah, beat me to it. Like yeah lately their track record has taken a huge nose dive.

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Plus Alvarez n Dave also said moral was way up days prior to that. They were nit even saying things were bad, more that some ppl MIGHT be unhappy with some of the booking chaos. Reading between the lines: low card and on the bubble talent dislike not knowing their booking ahead of time n Alvarez n Co are annoyed they don't get leaks on booking anymore xp

N ya observer been taking multiple Ls a week to fightful lately its funny af

Reactions: The ScapeDubb

Roy Mustang

Reaction score
I would also point out, you will always have some people unhappy with their push in a company. I mean WWE is hot right now and we had Sheamus publicly speaking at his displeasure at people getting their time cut due to Bloodline stories overrunning. There will always be some people unhappy in a company