• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Dusty Rhodes Passes Away at 69

Jay

WWE is deeply saddened that Virgil Runnels, aka “The American Dream” Dusty Rhodes — WWE Hall of Famer, three-time NWA Champion and one of the most captivating and charismatic figures in sports entertainment history — passed away today at the age of 69.

Runnels became a hero to fans around the world thanks to his work ethic, his impassioned interviews and his indomitable spirit. Moreover, Runnels was a dedicated father to WWE Superstars Goldust (Dustin Runnels) and Stardust (Cody Runnels), a caring husband and a creative visionary who helped shape the landscape of WWE long after his in-ring career had ended.

WWE extends its sincerest condolences to Runnels’ family, friends and colleagues.

Wow...i really have no words.

Blujay

WWE is deeply saddened that Virgil Runnels, aka “The American Dream” Dusty Rhodes — WWE Hall of Famer, three-time NWA Champion and one of the most captivating and charismatic figures in sports entertainment history — passed away today at the age of 69.

Runnels became a hero to fans around the world thanks to his work ethic, his impassioned interviews and his indomitable spirit. Moreover, Runnels was a dedicated father to WWE Superstars Goldust (Dustin Runnels) and Stardust (Cody Runnels), a caring husband and a creative visionary who helped shape the landscape of WWE long after his in-ring career had ended.

WWE extends its sincerest condolences to Runnels’ family, friends and colleagues.

http://www.wwe.com/inside/dusty-rhodes-passes-away-27496030

I.. don't have words right now. Rest in peace, Dream.

Blujay

I just posted the same news at the same time. Feel free to delete my thread or merge them. Just heard the news a moment ago and this is always where I go first to see if anyone else has caught wind. I'm still in shock...

Chris

Dreams are Endless
He didn't look so good in his last few appearances. I'm not too surprised but still very saddened to hear this.

RIP Dusty

PHX

Legacy Member
I really had to look twice to really believe that he really passed away just unbelievable. R.I.P

Deezy

DZ PZ
Wow, shocking is the right word today. He was looking like he lost a lot of weight and seemed to be in good spirits whenever he was on camera and the nXt guys talking about his classes.

Lost one of the smartest minds in the business.

AZUCAR!

From TMZ:

Officials tell us ... emergency personnel responded to Dusty's home in Orlando, FL at 5:56 AM Wednesday morning after getting a call reporting a 69-year-old male had taken a fall.

We're told Rhodes was transported to a nearby hospital ... where he eventually passed away Thursday morning.

We're told Dusty's immediate family raced to be by his side as soon as they learned he was in the hospital.

Our sources tell us Dusty suffered "numerous complications" throughout the night ... which ultimately proved fatal.

:(

Defiant

RIP.

Holy fuck this is depressing news. Having started watching late 80's & early 90's wrestling over the last year or so, Dusty was by far the most inspiring personality of that time in wrestling. Excellently well spoken man, one of the greatest ever.