E3 2013

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

ThatGuyFromNukemHigh

Reaction score
Started watching this on Spike, and Geoff has basically already spilled the beans about a "major Rare title returning from the past" basically confirming Killer Instinct 3.

What do you guys hope is announced?

*Update*

Microsoft has just announced that Gold members will be getting 2 free game downloads per month(similar to the PS+), the first games announced were Assassins Creed 2 & Halo 3.

Last edited:

Chris Dresdon

Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
I'm pretty bummed out that the new Killer Instinct is going to be exclusive to the Xbox One as I didn't have any plans to purchase one what with its unappeasing features and such. I'm looking forward to seeing what Capcom's big surprise is and what Nintendo brings to the table personally.

CaptainxBumout

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
deanambrose
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk
Favorite Wrestler
austinaries
Favorite Wrestler
roderickstrong
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Favorite Wrestler
fandango
So far nothing has really stood out to me. I'll probably get both PS4 and Xbox One though. $499 price point is pretty steep though for Xbox. I assume PS4 will be he same but we'll see. PS3 was $600 when it forst came out so hopefully we'll see a price drop soon. I don't really play FPS's so so far I'm not interested in anything. Dead Rising 3 looks promising but I didn't really care for the last Dead Rising. I don't care for Halo but Titan (I think that was what it was called) looks like it could take away the Call of Duty market. Metal Gear on Xbox is pretty big news but I can't keep up with that story.

Last edited:

Ben

Reaction score
Xbox failed IMO.....really nothing great in terms of Games and the $499 price seems high to back up without a lot of great exclusives. Hopefully Sony comes in at around $450 and tosses in a bunch of exclusives that there known for.

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Honestly I don't expect much difference in the systems. Both companies are trying to kill something and might be shooting themselves in the foot. We'll see when we get more details from PS4

In other news

EA has announced a new Star Wars Battlefront title. The title will be powered by EA's Frostbite 3 engine and showed an AT-AT stomping a vehicle in Hoth.

This is epic. It's the only game I've ever really enjoyed multiplayer in. We'd have LAN parties for days with the original 2

Rated R Superstar

Reaction score
The new Halo looks kind of good. I'm curious to find out why Chief is in the desert with a parka of his suit.

Heisenberg

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
antoniocesaro
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Stayed up for the Xbox event which was 2:30am my time then went to bed after it finished so I haven't watched the other one or two that were on. I think Sony is 11am my time but I'll be watching RAW. But yeah, I really enjoyed Microsoft's E3 event. It was just stacked full of games, games, games. Was very fan-pleasing and they're going to have some rather great exclusives especially closing their show well with a new IP exclusive in TitanFall from a former CoD developer. That game looks amazing and could become a CoD rival. The reception for it has been really good. Dead Rising 3 also looks good. And Halo itself, man.. :kobe2:

I don't see how you can say they failed, Ben.

Last edited:

Tapout

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
jericho
Favorite Wrestler
evanbourne
Favorite Wrestler
shawnmichaels
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk5
The Xbox one as a whole is a huge fail. I really really hope they flop big time with this joke of a console. Hardly any of the games look good either.

PS4 is going to have to screw up royally to come across worse then the One. PS4 wins by default basically.

Heisenberg

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
antoniocesaro
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
The Xbox one as a whole is a huge fail. I really really hope they flop big time with this joke of a console. Hardly any of the games look good either.

PS4 is going to have to screw up royally to come across worse then the One. PS4 wins by default basically.

Please give more info/opinion instead of basically saying Xbox is crap, PS4 is better.

Tapout

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
jericho
Favorite Wrestler
evanbourne
Favorite Wrestler
shawnmichaels
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk5
Please give more info/opinion instead of basically saying Xbox is crap, PS4 is better.

Most games announced are FPS and I don't like those. They're either FPS or gun heavy. The online aspect of it doesn't appeal to me because I find Online gaming terrible, and makes me not want to game, at all. They're trying to get rid of used gaming, and I can no longer share games with my friends unless I pay for the game all over again. Has to be connected to the internet at least once every 24 hours. Again, a stupid idea. And basically it does all this "Media" stuff, and its left out the most important part, GAMING. Its not a gaming console. Its a freaking media box that sits in your living room collecting dust.

Weez

Reaction score
Most games announced are FPS and I don't like those. They're either FPS or gun heavy. The online aspect of it doesn't appeal to me because I find Online gaming terrible, and makes me not want to game, at all. They're trying to get rid of used gaming, and I can no longer share games with my friends unless I pay for the game all over again. Has to be connected to the internet at least once every 24 hours. Again, a stupid idea. And basically it does all this "Media" stuff, and its left out the most important part, GAMING. Its not a gaming console. Its a freaking media box that sits in your living room collecting dust.

Okay. You don't like First Person Shooters. Cool, I can respect that but millions other do. In fact, I'd say the FPS space (and Sony's Ridiculous launch price tag) is what won it for MS this generation. MS has already came out and said you can give a game to a friend, if only once. They've also stated that they WILL have used game sales. So, those are incorrect facts. Today, at E3, they showed a shitload of Games, ya know... For GAMING!!!!EXCLAMATIONPOINTS!!

I knew it. I called it. I said, at E3, they're going to show a bunch of badass games, and people are going to shit on it and say it's not a gaming console anyway. Haters gon' hate, amiryt?

If online gaming isn't your thing, then the Xbox One is a fundamentally wrong choice for you. Because that's what the 360 is all about: Playing Online. That's Microsoft's bread and butter and they're embracing it instead of shying away from it. (Of course, inb4 nerdrage on the death of solo campaigns, which are still in abundance on both systems.)

Ben

Reaction score
Sony won for me.

$399 price point...new final fantasy....new kingdom hearts....infamous.....no need for always online....can play used games.....better first party games in the work.

Only knock on them is the having to have PS Plus to play online...but at $5 a month you get 12 free games a year so actually not that bad of a thing.

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
I'd give the upper hand to Sony currently but I can see Xbox changing its stances and if they do I think they'd edge out.

Kassidy

Reaction score
Getting both, already have preorders of both, but seeing multiplayer behind the PS+ wall is hilarious; about time they caught up to Xbox Live. For a while the service won't be that great, same as current PSN as they won't have the amount of servers Xbox Live has.

I like more of the Xbox One games over PS4 games, some good ones on both but Id buy more One games from what was shown and id buy the multiplayer games on One because Live is superior to PSN/+ especially if I am paying for it the online experience.

I don't really lend my games, the family sharing covers my multi consoles in my house and the Online check-in isn't that big a deal, I can tether internet from my phone, check in with xbox live and then go back to offline gaming. No big problems with the Xbox One with me

Last edited:

CaptainxBumout

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
deanambrose
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk
Favorite Wrestler
austinaries
Favorite Wrestler
roderickstrong
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Favorite Wrestler
fandango
Considering there was nothing I was really excited for, PS4 definitely feels like the winner coming out of here. Sony was basically catching up to Microsoft at first but then came out of the gate swinging at the end of their conference. I think the new Kingdom Hearts will seal the deal for me even though its probably going to be awhile before it comes out. No one can say Microsoft failed. They delivered big time but their business points just shot themselves in the foot before the race began. It'll be intresting to see if they back peddle to try and offset some of the lopsidedness.

I didn't care about used games or borrowing but I really was weary of Microsoft's Kinect never really turning off because you need to be connected every 24 hours which is really weird btw. I don't trust that piece of technology especially with the whole PRISM scandal going around.

I'll probably get Xbox One down the line but its PS4 right away for me. I just hope Sony fixes their clunky interface.