Embarrassing Wrestling Fan Facts

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Blujay

Reaction score
Forgive me if this is the wrong section. I looked through them all and this seemed most appropriate.

I thought about this last night for a thread idea and I think it could turn out interesting. The concept is that to post anything about YOU that pertains to professional wrestling that might be embarrassing.

My examples are:

-When I debuted for the indy promotion I was working for, I had to come up with a new ring name minutes before the battle royal match I was scheduled for. The best I came up with? Jett Jones. It was terrible. The next week I started using the name Jett Black instead. :p

-Because of their entrance music and ring names, I used to think Ultimo Dragon and Ricky "The Dragon" Steamboat were in fact the same person.

-Around the age of 5, Hulk Hogan was my favorite wrestler. And my hair was that bleach blonde color naturally. Needless to say, I had the Hulkster mullet going on. Thankfully, I wasn't bald on top.

-I actually liked Orlando Jordan's gimmick in TNA.

-I've wrestled under a "Dr. Love" gimmick since my last name is actually Love. It flopped terribly. My theme was Bon Jovi's "You Give Love a Bad Name."

And that's just a few, I'll be sure to post more as I think of them.

Big Red Jericho Punk

Reaction score
sgl6z8.jpg

Blujay

Reaction score
I'm assuming you can't read well? It wasn't a hard fucking concept to grasp.

Kiffy Lube

Girls Just Wanna Have Fun
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
What's your first name?

Andrew

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
johncena2
Favorite Wrestler
ricochet
Pretty awesome facts there.

I'll wait for others to post theirs and then I'll throw mine up.

Andrew

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
johncena2
Favorite Wrestler
ricochet
Here's mine;-

- I have trained with a local professional federation known as NAW. If I continue and get booked I will be the second deaf person to be on their roster in history. There was one back in 1997, but I'd be the third deaf wrestler in Australia.

- I have always hated The Undertaker and Hulk Hogan, I've never enjoyed both of them.

- Around the age of 9-10 was when I first watched wrestling, I was a huge fan of Road Dogg and still am to this day.

- I'm a fan of Tyson Kidd and believe he's absolutely under-rated, I am a fan of technical wrestling and submissions.

- If I do turn pro, my wrestler name would be 'Drew Alexander' and my theme song would be Madhat McGore 'Hopes & Dreams'

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
You part blind too, because none of those are embarassing.

Andrew said:
- Around the age of 9-10 was when I first watched wrestling, I was a huge fan of Road Dogg and still am to this day.

Come on that kinda counts.

So here are some of mine

- Back when Jamie Noble was wrestling, I went to Raw. It was during a pretty bad blizzard and their weren't very many people in attendance. It was cold so I opted to wear my Carhart Jacket. This led to Micheal Cole saying that I was one of Noble's cousin visiting him for the show and me getting a pretty good close up on air.

- At another Raw I was sitting beside the entrance ramp. The guy behind me asked Mark Henry if he'd like some Nachos. Henry kicked the nachos out of the guys hands and all over my friend. Again a huge close up featuring us in Nacho Cheese.

- I was once offered a spot in an "Indy" promotion (not sure how legit it was) after the owner saw me performing Senton Bombs into a dumpster full of cardboard (to smash them down allowing for more to be put in) However, I declined.

That's really all I have.

Last edited:

Blujay

Reaction score
- As a kid, I thought Glacier was the coolest thing I had ever seen.

- It took me probably a good three months to realize that Umaga was also Jamal of 3-Minute Warning fame.

- I find Beth and Nattie hotter than the other divas but couldn't really tell you why.

- I've never been to a live WWE event.

- I was booked on the same card as Austin Aries and never got to meet him. It just sucks more than its embarrassing.

Defiant

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
thewhyats
Favorite Wrestler
jericho
Favorite Wrestler
deanambrose
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
ajlee
- When I first got into wrestling when I was about 7, Goldberg was my favourite wrestler. I stopped watching WCW about late 2000 when it was taken off the air in Australia, just after Booker T became champ and Goldberg turned heel against I think Kevin Nash. I remember being DEVISTATED, just fucking depressed that my hero Goldberg was a villian. Not something I like to admit today, you know.

- When Smackdown toured Australia in 2008 I went to it and its the only WWE show I've ever been to yet. At the time, Edge had just defeated Undertaker at in a TLC match and Taker was "bannished from Smackdown" or some shit. Anyway, I was with my mate and we saw heaps of... well lets be honest, wrestling fans cosplaying. Poeple dressed like Hulk Hogan, Jeff Hardy, John Cena, etc. So I remember HATING the guy dressed as Jeff Hardy who was in a line in front of me, he's like 25 and still marks about Jeff like a little kid, yet spouting his supposed knowledge of WWE's behind the scenes stuff like a real smark. This was also just after Jeff got busted at the airport and I was just beggining to dislike Hardy as a person. So I got in an argument with the guy, basically saying that I'm cool with him being a Hardy fan but asking how he could justify Jeff's unwillingness to really clean himself up and yet WWE gives him the WHC (I'm pretty sure he'd just won it for the first time).

So basically it didn't go too well. I guess I was just way too naive to think this was a good idea and that he would concede, he just continued to praise Jeff like a child and saying that his drug scandals "don't matter, he's the best". I regret that moment because, while we hadn't made a scene or anything, I felt a little embaressed for getting so riled up at a guy for liking a wrestler that I don't. He was stupid but I was probably being an asshole at a wrestling show.

Last edited:

Brock Lesnar

Reaction score
Existing should be a pretty embarrassing fact for Andrew to list.

I made like a 4th grade poetry book which had a lot to do with WWE shit, that's pretty embarrassing looking back on it.

The New F'n Show

Reaction score
We went to a picnic type deal at school when I was like six and I convinced like 5 guys (myself included) to get our faces painted like the Ultimate Warrior.
When I was like 12 I DDT'ed by 7 year old cousin on a Cement floor.

That's all I got.