Promos ESPN 60: Dat Kid (1/3)

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Dat Kid1

King of smurf Style
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
INT. VA HALL - NIGHT
There's a crowd of 60 uninterested wrestling fans in the hall hasn't been renovated since the 60s. A cheap smoke machine putts bursts of smoke over in front of a doorway with a makeshift curtain.

JONO (Off-Screen):
Well, this pizza has no toppings on it- (there's an awkward delay). Thank you for tuning into IWT, I'm Jonathan, here with my broadcast colleague.
Jono's broadcast colleague speaks but it's inaudible due to the number of cats meowing over her mic. Dat Kid's theme plays over the busted speaker.

JONO (O.S):
We've got an exciting night of wrestling and here's our opening bout.

(0:12) Kid (Age 20) steps out of the backstage area with his basic black and white tights. He appeals to the crowd and gets a couple of pity claps.

ANNOUNCER:
The following contest is scheduled for one fall and is for the IWT Championship. Making his way to the ring, from Newark, NJ, Dat Kid!​

INT. ****'S APARTMENT - DAY
Inside a modest-sized condo, a man wearing a Brewers baseball Jersey sits. His face and his name have been censored out of the program. His name slug reads "Veteran Wrestler".

**** :
I'm not gonna sit here and lie about people thinking Dat Kid was gonna be big, but we always knew he was a good wrestler.​

INT. VA HALL - NIGHT
Dat Kid screams for his opponent to get up from the canvas. The opponent staggers to their feet. Kid leaps off the top rope and hits his opponent with a Springboard Big Boot. Slamming the back of his opponent's head into the mat with his foot. The crowd comes alive at impact.

JONO (O.S):
Dat Kill! He goes for the cover! 1...2...3! Dat Kid is one step close to becoming the inaugural IWT Champion!​

Frank The Jock slides into the ring, the crowd tries to warn Kid. FTJ turns him around and hits him with a Stunner!

JONO:
Summer- wait why is Stunner spelled wrong and in call caps on this?
1....2....3! The bell rings and FTJ raises his hand in victory as Kid searches for answers, staring up at the dull fluorescent lights.

NARRATOR (V.O):
At one time Dat Kid was overlooked and his rise to immortality almost never happened.

ESPN-E60.jpg

Reactions: Rosie