General Gaming Chat

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

InSaNe

I lost it. I'm InSaNe!
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
bullyray
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk
Favorite Wrestler
oAYiXZo
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Sports Team
6yloAaa
I'd personally not buy a One S, but I see what you're saying for sure. Not everyone wants to buy a used console. It's good you can still pick up PS4 consoles because they are still worth it imo, I might not be switching to PS5 for a while
I would've bought PS5, if it wasn't for the shortages. I don't mind the sparse releases of games. I did the same thing when PS3 came out. MGS4 came out, CoD4 came out, and Ninja Gaiden Sigma was one of 3 games I purchased.

Proud of PS3. One of the best consoles ever made. Technically.

PS5 just needs time to show you the heavy hitters. They'll lose Call of Duty, but... Sony has a way to get the casual market. Otherwise, they'd not be selling 100 million consoles, 3 times straight. PS3 is the only console that did not reach the 100 million units threshold.

Reactions: Marty McFourth

Marty McFourth

Indy Wrestling Connoisseur
Reaction score
I would've bought PS5, if it wasn't for the shortages. I don't mind the sparse releases of games. I did the same thing when PS3 came out. MGS4 came out, CoD4 came out, and Ninja Gaiden Sigma was one of 3 games I purchased.

Proud of PS3. One of the best consoles ever made. Technically.

PS5 just needs time to show you the heavy hitters. They'll lose Call of Duty, but... Sony has a way to get the casual market. Otherwise, they'd not be selling 100 million consoles, 3 times straight. PS3 is the only console that did not reach the 100 million units threshold.

Call of Duty should be good actually. Phil Spencer (CEO) came out and basically said they want to keep it on the Playstation platform. I was ready to buy a PS5 some months back, but I'm playing through a lot of the games in my library at the moment on PS4.

InSaNe

I lost it. I'm InSaNe!
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
bullyray
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk
Favorite Wrestler
oAYiXZo
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Sports Team
6yloAaa
Call of Duty should be good actually. Phil Spencer (CEO) came out and basically said they want to keep it on the Playstation platform. I was ready to buy a PS5 some months back, but I'm playing through a lot of the games in my library at the moment on PS4.
I know. But once they feel brazen, bold, and free from the contractual whims of Sony... Microsoft IS going to be an asshole and make it exclusive to Xbox. Kinda like what they did during Xbox 360's heyday, where the DLC's were exclusive to Xbox for years until Xbox One was released. Hell, Xbox One version of Advanced Warfare not only was the best version of the game, and DLC's were exclusive to Xbox. Then Sony purchased the exclusivity contract.

Players were pissed in those days, hell console wars discussions used the DLC's as a reason for sales.

Last edited:

Marty McFourth

Reaction score
5a1b94ee8548fa3391124c09f9eab6dc6838b8ef.jpg

Playstation Plus games for February are: UFC 4 (PS4), Planet Coaster: Console Edition (PS5), Tiny Tina’s Assault on Dragon Keep (PS4)

I'll probably try the Tiny Tina game as it is Borderlands related. UFC might get some playtime out of me too.

Marty McFourth

Reaction score
Assault on Dragon's Keep is fun as all get out

It looks pretty fun, yeah. I was not going to buy it because it felt like more of an expansion than a fully fledged game, but I enjoy Borderlands. So more of that is good with me. UFC is also a game I would not have picked up usually but I'll enjoy. I've been wanting a good combat sports game to get stuck in to for a while, so I'll be giving it a fair shake. The graphics were always crisp when I tried one of the older ones.

Reactions: Alexa

Alexa

Forever on Holiday
Reaction score
It looks pretty fun, yeah. I was not going to buy it because it felt like more of an expansion than a fully fledged game, but I enjoy Borderlands. So more of that is good with me. UFC is also a game I would not have picked up usually but I'll enjoy. I've been wanting a good combat sports game to get stuck in to for a while, so I'll be giving it a fair shake. The graphics were always crisp when I tried one of the older ones.
I understand. Assault on Dragon's Keep it is an expansion, but it is its own game, in a manner of speaking, since it connects Borderlands 2 Tina DLC to this one. Overall, I really enjoyed for it was worth.

Marty McFourth

Reaction score
I understand. Assault on Dragon's Keep it is an expansion, but it is its own game, in a manner of speaking, since it connects Borderlands 2 Tina DLC to this one. Overall, I really enjoyed for it was worth.

I enjoyed the questline in Borderlands 2, so I'm already off to a good start there :cozy I'm pretty happy with this next month. I do wish I had a PS5 to pick up & play Planet Coaster too because I used to love Rollercoaster Tycoon on PC. Maybe some day. PS4 offerings are pretty solid.

Alexa

Forever on Holiday
Reaction score
I enjoyed the questline in Borderlands 2, so I'm already off to a good start there :cozy I'm pretty happy with this next month. I do wish I had a PS5 to pick up & play Planet Coaster too because I used to love Rollercoaster Tycoon on PC. Maybe some day. PS4 offerings are pretty solid.
Awesome to hear, and yeah, I have to agree. PS4 does seems it often has solid offerings so at least Sony has abandoned it yet.

Marty McFourth

Reaction score
Awesome to hear, and yeah, I have to agree. PS4 does seems it often has solid offerings so at least Sony has abandoned it yet.

I'm hoping that they don't drop support for PS4 for a while. It's still fairly popular, and they are still producing them unlike Microsoft with the Xbox One. Many people can't get their hands on PS5 yet either.

Alexa

Forever on Holiday
Reaction score
I'm hoping that they don't drop support for PS4 for a while. It's still fairly popular, and they are still producing them unlike Microsoft with the Xbox One. Many people can't get their hands on PS5 yet either.
Yeah, I don't think they will be like Xbox, which is a good thing, and until the PS5 can quit getting scalped and all then PS4 will remian as is

Marty McFourth

Reaction score
The Bloodborne 'demake' is out today. The game in a PS1 type graphics style is so cool.