• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

General Tennis Discussion Thread

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
And the funny thing is a good friend of mine said a couple of days ago that he doesn't watch the early rounds as they are a bit pretictable, guess he was wrong this year! Murry already had his best shot yet at winning, that has increased now, but then so has the pressure.

So far today watched Lisicki in very impressive form defeating Vesnina two striaght sets 6-3, 6-1, expected that to be a closer match.

Also just watched Tomas Berdych beat Brands in three straight sets in a very entertaining matchup.

Will be watching Laura Robson in a little bit, one of England's very few hopes this year.

Troy

Was good to see Tomic beat Blake in straight sets yesterday, was worried late in the third that he had lost his focus but he fought back to close it out. Tough match next against Gasquet who normally performs well at Wimbledon.

Robson looks like she will be a top ten player in the future. I wish that she had stayed in Australia and played for us instead, would be good to have another talented youngster coming through the ranks. She won through to the third round earlier today.

So many seeds keep getting knocked out. I wish that Stosur was in a different bracket as she might have had a chance.

Troy

Some good matches yesterday. I was a bit worried for Tomic after he failed to convert four set points in the second set but he kept fighting and ending up winning in four sets. Into the final 16 now but up against Berdych who made the final in 2010.

Stosur choked like normal. Won the first set against Lisicki and looked good but then dropped the next two easily. Still a third round result is better than normal at Wimbledon.

Robson showed tremendous fight after losing the first set 1-6 and looking completely outclassed. Fought hard to win the next 7-5 and then had an easier last set 6-3. Great result for her.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Very edgy game yesterday for Robson, but it was a great recovery and she played some very good Tennis. Even if she goes out in the next round it has been a great Tournament for her. Top Ten can't be far off, she just needs to cut some of the silly errors from her game.

Have fun Prod!

Troy

I thought that Robson had that tiebreak when she was 5-1 up. Great comeback from Kanepi to take the tiebreak and go one set up.

Amazingly Lisicki won the first set against Williams 6-2. Hopefully she can keep it up and win the match.

Troy

Williams found her rhythm that set to win it 6-1. Have to think that Williams would be favourite now to take the third. Hopefully it is at least competitive.

Troy

Was a great win, the whole crowd was behind her as well. An open women's draw has just opened up even more after that. Be interesting to see who the favourites are now on the women's side.

Troy

Murray didn't look his best but he got the job done in the end. Tomic did alright against Berdych to take it to four sets but wasn't agressive enough on returns.

Tough to pick a winner on the women's side;

Lisicki vs. Kanepi
Radwanska vs. Li Na
Stephens vs. Bartoli
Kvitova vs. Flipkens

My picks are in bold.

Mens side it is a bit easier Novak vs. Murray should happen

Djokovic vs. Berdych
Ferrer vs. Del Potro
Kubot vs. Janowicz
Verdasco vs. Murray

My picks are in bold

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Would like to see Liscki win the women's title now. She is improving as a player all the time, is good to watch and has a very positive attitude.