Godzilla Thread.

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Will the 2014 American Godzilla Reboot be a success?

• Total voters

TAHowardRocks

Reaction score
Godzilla is scheduled to return to the big screen in 2014 in an American Reboot of the franchise that will be distributed by Legendary Pictures.
Toho has stated that they will not create another Godzilla film until 2014 which will mark Godzilla's 60th Birthday.
The American Reboot will bring the Godzilla franchise back to its roots and will feature Godzilla's radioactive breath which is what TriStar's Godzilla lacked.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
Its a toss up weather it will do well. I think there is an audience for this kind or film and if they market it strongly it could be a suprise hit, but I think the 97 version was a flop and it has a lot more etiblished brand names to compete with nowadays.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Elmo%20being%20hung.jpg

TAHowardRocks

Reaction score
Why do you believe that the 2014 American Godzilla Reboot is destined for failure?

CaptainxBumout

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
deanambrose
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk
Favorite Wrestler
austinaries
Favorite Wrestler
roderickstrong
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Favorite Wrestler
fandango
the 1997 Godzilla certainly wasn't a flop in terms of money but it was such a horrible movie. They basically wanted to make Jurassic Park in the city which was evident when Godzilla had babies that were very raptor like. As a kid I liked it but now I see how horrible it was. The new reboot does have some good factors to it most notably David S. Goyer wrote the story. He's written the stories for Nolan's Batman movies but then again he has written some shit like the Unborn. Another good thing is Gareth Edwards is directing and he wrote a movie called Monsters which I very much enjoyed despite some terrible special effects. It really is a toss up but I'd put money on it being better than the previous american reboot.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
Have to say Edwards being involved (still haven't seen Monsters but have heard great things) and a script written from Nolan's Batmans does fill me with more promise.

TAHowardRocks

Reaction score
I can't see Elmo appearing in the American Godzilla reboot. I've heard that the next Godzilla film will feature a gigantic centipede.
This movie is going to be released in theaters on May 16th, 2014 and Bryan Cranston will be given a starring role in this movie. 2014 will be Godzilla's 60th birthday.

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
the 1997 Godzilla certainly wasn't a flop in terms of money but it was such a horrible movie. They basically wanted to make Jurassic Park in the city which was evident when Godzilla had babies that were very raptor like. As a kid I liked it but now I see how horrible it was. The new reboot does have some good factors to it most notably David S. Goyer wrote the story. He's written the stories for Nolan's Batman movies but then again he has written some shit like the Unborn. Another good thing is Gareth Edwards is directing and he wrote a movie called Monsters which I very much enjoyed despite some terrible special effects. It really is a toss up but I'd put money on it being better than the previous american reboot.

Ironically now they're making Jurassic Park in the city 8D

One good monster movie a decade. I expect this to make money just from a fan base aspect. Two reasons it won't be good. The loyal fan base wants the camp of the originals, everyone else wants something closer to the 97 version and you can't meet in the middle on something like this.