Hardcore Title Returning?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Blujay

Reaction score
WWE's website has an article up where they're pushing for the return of the Hardcore Title, after Cody Rhodes recently brought back the classic white Intercontinental Title. Here's part of their hype:

"If the Hardcore Title ever does make a comeback, alliances will crumble and insanity will rule in its place, with an iron fist stronger than any potential Raw General Manager could ever dream of wielding. Whoever will place it around their waist will instantly be painting a target on their back. Everybody will be their enemy. Big, small, Superstar, Diva: all will be potential challengers, ready to pounce to win their own piece of glory.

WWE.com says: Bring back Hardcore havoc!"

A lot of people have been pushing this belt to come back. Do you think the WWE would have mentioned it if they weren't considering bringing it back? What do you think about the idea? Would it hurt or help?

Discuss.

Andrew

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
johncena2
Favorite Wrestler
ricochet
Holy shit if that belt ever comes back I will mark the fuck out!

They should really bring it back, it'd do the younger talent some good. Have the jobbers mean something and such.

This is gonna be awesome, but will it happen... 5% chance.

TheZig

Reaction score
All it could do currently is hurt, With no established tag division yet focusing on another title would be awful. It would never be the same as back in the Attitude era...I don't think i could watch a hardcore title match without head shots. For nostalgia reasons i'd like to see it though :/

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
WWE.com has been doing and saying a lot of things that haven't been occurring recently I think they've just been allowed to emulate more of the dirt sheet type sites than in the past to allow them to grab more of the web audience.

The only way the hardcore title comes back is if we go back up to TV14. Seriously you think they're going to let guys hit other guys on basic cable with things like cans sledge hammers chairs etc.? Especially when Linda is once again campaigning? They barely have matches now that would constitute a hardcore match think the closest we saw was that Last Man Standing and that was barely anything. The hardcore title died when it went 24/7 that's all there is to it. Let it remain dead.

Your more likely to see it pop up in TNA than WWE

Tapout

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
jericho
Favorite Wrestler
evanbourne
Favorite Wrestler
shawnmichaels
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk5
You know, I agree with the WWE just saying stuff to "get their fans happy" or whatever, but I can really see this.

With all the havoc going on in the WWE right now. Attacks, ruthless packs. All of the "breakdowns" I can see the Hardcore title being brought back to add another factor to the unsafe work environment.

Problem is, who can actually bring it back? Miz?

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Punk easy and it fits him

Andrew

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
johncena2
Favorite Wrestler
ricochet
Why not use Dean Ambrose and have him debut on RAW or SD with the title.

Imagine the swerve and mindfuck!

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Hardcore Holly returns at Royal Rumble with Foley who hands him the hardcore title.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Even in PG I could see them bringing it back but the weapons would be a lot more tame than before. Mainly trash cans and trash can lids. Not as many tables, kendo sticks or frying pans.

I wouldn't mind them bringing it back but only once they have built up proper divisions for all the other titles. After that use it to get the jobbers and midcarders onto the card. It should be a cross brand title and they should have a weekly title match on Superstars each week.

Tapout

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
jericho
Favorite Wrestler
evanbourne
Favorite Wrestler
shawnmichaels
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk5
Yeah, I forgot about Foleys return in a few weeks...maybe he can bring it back.

I just hope it has nothing to do with Cena/Rock story.

Big Red Jericho Punk

Reaction score
This would be so epic, I mark out. This would help young talent and they could use another singles title. I think McIntyre would totally fit this too. He is a guy that loves to brutally punish people and he's a badass. Who can forget at Elimination Chamber how he was throwing people into pods and really making an impact.

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Personally I think the hardcore division stands a better chance of returning and succeeding than the tag team division revamp.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Don't say that :( I still have high hopes for the tag team division. I have kept my hopes up for many years now and I won't give up hope.

I think that if they brought in the 24/7 rule it would ruin the division and be a waste. Have the title defended in proper matches otherwise it simply gets out of hand. 24/7 was great at one point but they would never be able to replicate it.