Survivor Series How do you feel about the match results of Brock Lesnar vs Goldberg WMXX rematch at Survivor Series?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Aztecwarrior480

The Artiste
Reaction score
Honestly, it was what I expected. Another disappointment. The match was way too short with only 3-5 moves executed the entire match and they made Brock Lesnar look like a completely weak jobber in this match, even after all the epic wins he had for the past couple of years and ended the Undertaker's Wrestlemania streak 2 years earlier, only to lose to Goldberg by just 2 spears and one jackhammer in less than 2 minutes. All of this hype was just a complete waste of time and money for fans who've never watched the god-awful horrible Lesnar vs Goldberg WM XX match to be aware of how bad this match was gonna be anyway. Nice job WWE/Vince.

Last edited:

Aztecwarrior480

The Artiste
Reaction score
Fuck that. It was great. Might have been a little short. But a long match would have been terrible.

They righted their originalwrong at wm xx
Despite that Goldberg has always been built by WCW and WWE as dominant, almost unbeatable Powerhouse like Brock Lesnar, I still felt like this very short match loss for Lesnar was a slap in the face to The Undertaker, who had to sacrifice his Wrestlemania streak to Lesnar.

Gman003

The Lunatic Fringe
Hotshot
Reaction score
You were probably too young to remember watching goldberg's first run. But every match was quick. That's all it had to be.

To me, and probably a lot of other people, it wasn't so much about Lesnar looking weak as it was goldberg looking strong. Like back in the day. It was a nostalgic throwback

Aztecwarrior480

The Artiste
Reaction score
You were probably too young to remember watching goldberg's first run. But every match was quick. That's all it had to be.

To me, and probably a lot of other people, it wasn't so much about Lesnar looking weak as it was goldberg looking strong. Like back in the day. It was a nostalgic throwback
I wasn't that young and yes, I've seen his squash matches in WCW. In fact, Steven/William Regal once went off of script of his wrestling match against Goldberg on a WCW Nitro show and made him look a little lost and foolish(making Goldberg actually work instead of having his usual squash matches in WCW). It's not to take anything away from Goldberg as he is still entertaining with his own wrestling gimmick but I still felt that Survivor Series match between him and Lesnar could have been a little better.

Jacob Fox

Quiet You
Reaction score
Honestly, I enjoyed it for the shock value. I went into the match not really expecting anything but a lousy match, possibly slightly better than their WrestleMania match. But I wasn't amped for it and I definitely didn't think WWE did Lesnar and Goldberg any favors putting them on after that excellent elimination match.

I know we always talk about people being built up to eventually put over a younger talent. However, it almost NEVER ends up actually happening. More often than not, we assume a younger talent is going to be the one to do something that hasn't been done before. More often than not, we end up disappointed. So honestly, I did not expect WWE to save a clean and decisive Lesnar loss to help a younger talent out. I knew they would end up doing something like this. So I didn't get disappointed.

Honestly, I enjoyed it. I enjoyed something different from Lesnar rather than he just comes in, no sells every move, suplexes and F5s for a win. The character was old and I am happy to see something different happen. Should it have happened with someone else like Joe or Nakamura or someone else younger? Sure. But during this whole Lesnar build, I never once believed that it would. WWE did something shocking, which they haven't REALLY done in a while, and it's got everyone talking and debating. I assume that will be good for them in the short term. It was much better than yet another Lesnar annihilation, which we wouldn't even be talking about right now if it happened.

Reactions: Gman003

Gman003

The Lunatic Fringe
Hotshot
Reaction score
Exactly. The shock value was huuuge. We all counted the 3...but I don't think anyone in that building, including myself, actually thought it would go to 3 right away. The building erupted. It was a fucking amazing thing to be a part of

Reactions: Jacob Fox

Jacob Fox

Quiet You
Reaction score
Despite that Goldberg has always been built by WCW and WWE as dominant, almost unbeatable Powerhouse like Brock Lesnar, I still felt like this very short match loss for Lesnar was a slap in the face to The Undertaker, who had to sacrifice his Wrestlemania streak to Lesnar.

I disagree. I honestly think this has already been dealt with. Roman Reigns, in my view, already got the rub from Lesnar that was built on ending the Streak and dominating John Cena. Sure, Roman didn't win the belt at WrestleMania 31. But he survived 4 F5s, kept laughing at Lesnar whenever Lesnar hit an offensive move, probably would have won the match if Rollins didn't get involved AND Rollins only won because Reigns took out Lesnar with a spear. Going back and watching that match over and Lesnar was about to put Rollins out with an F5 and Reigns speared Lesnar out of the ring before being hit with a curb stomp.

I've always been under the impression that Reigns gained from that already. Would he have gained more with a win? Probably. But I think that benefit has already been passed on.

Even those of us who do not like Reigns already view him as a "Superman" sort of character and I think that match had almost everything to do with that.

Grievous 3D

Is Currently In Stasis
Banned
Reaction score
This match had nothing to do with the Undertaker...why do people keep saying that?

Bork La$er should never have broken the streak in the 1st place...but WWE made
that choice...fair enough...but anything Bork was going to do with the "the streak"
was clearly given up on. It has been 2 years...and all Bork has done is put on lazy
matches and never show up on TV.

I find it ironic that a part time Bork gets squashed by Goldberg...and this smile
will never leave my face.

Bork La$er is an overrated, over-hyped, under working, overpaid, drug taking,
lazy, part timer who deserved to be taken down a peg. I hope he leaves the
WWE and never comes back.

I never thought I'd say this...but Thank you Bill Goldberg...and Thank you WWE.

The "Beast" has been slayed...and I have a gift for all his fans...

luxury-box-tissue_20121105013358.jpg

C.M. Shaddix

The Architect
Hotshot
Reaction score
It was a actually a really good idea if you think about it.

What was Goldberg's gimmick? THAT, crushing someone in mere seconds. He also looked in really good shape out there so its like he never lost a step. This also changes the Lesnar character too, he now is like "i'm not the shit anymore.... what do i do?"

People would be like "only a minute long?" but that just tells the story of Goldberg and that there has to be more left to this story. I wouldn't surprise if we see Bill crush a few others.

Grievous 3D

Is Currently In Stasis
Banned
Reaction score
I've got it...The List of Goldberg...but instead of it not
meaning anything...if you end up on Goldberg's list
you get squashed like a little bitch!

Who would you add to the "List of Goldberg"?
I heard Roman Reigns...I'm going to add Boring Corbin...
because that way he'd actually be entertaining for a
couple of minutes.

Gman003

The Lunatic Fringe
Hotshot
Reaction score
Elssworth...I love the guy, but the entertainment value would be awwwwwesome

Grievous 3D

Is Currently In Stasis
Banned
Reaction score
Wow...that's actually a really cruel idea...
There is a big difference between squashing and killing...lol

Imagine the crowd...Goldberg! Ellsworth! Goldberg! Ellsworth!

Gman003

The Lunatic Fringe
Hotshot
Reaction score
Lmao yeah when strowman threw the poor guy off the stage we all chanted "you killed ellsworth!" I think a couple Spears might actually kill him lol

• Haha
Reactions: Grievous 3D