Promos I'm Standing

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Patriot Pants

LDW Champion (855+ days)
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
As the shot starts, the logo of Liberty or Death Wrestling appears in front of a grainy, black background. It shortly disappears as a single light overhead turns on. Followed by another, and another, so on and so forth until the whole warehouse room is filled with light. The place is spotless and filled with equipment such as weights, wrestling mats, and multiple rings. Hanging from the overhead beam is the American flag, Arkansas flag, and the flag of England. All draping down over the white ring below. A lone figure stands in it, leaning on the ropes. A red hoodie covering the face of the person. Black shorts, knee pads, USA themed wrist wraps, with matching Nikes.

The camera pans down to see the apron logo. Black text written on white tarp:

Black Ice Gym
UK

It cuts to right in front of the figure, who pulls the hood back to reveal the American wrestler … Patriot. His right eye swollen from a punch one of the goons threw … but a light smile on his face nonetheless.

Patriot:
Throughout my career I've been beaten… broken … put through hell by people who wanted nothing more than to use me as a stepping stool. I've paid my dues. I've taken my bumps. I've given my all for this business. No matter how bad I've been beaten, I have always gotten back up.

He looks up towards the camera, his sweat shines off the lights.

Patriot:
At Foundation I was outsmarted by a man named Brian Toogood. A young guy who has all the potential in the world to be the next best thing… but he uses his talent to inflate his ego. Foundation was my shot to humble him a bit. Show him that no matter how good you are, if you let your ego get in the way, you won't last long in this business.

He shakes his head a little.

Patriot:
And I let mine get the better of me instead…
Brian rolled me up for the 3 count and used the ropes. The oldest trick in the book…
And then just a few days ago,
Leo Kobashi and I are jumped by some guys in suits before our match at Primetime. THE first match! *scoff* I mean, I'm not sure if I buy that guy's response as a “Showing of Power”. You want a show of power? Go one on one with someone without those bodyguards of yours. Hell…

Patriot stands straight up and opens his arms

Patriot:
I'm standing RIGHT HERE!

The statement echoes like a ring after a big slam. A few seconds pass and he lowers his arms. Now pacing a little as he talks.

Patriot:
I came to LDW to show everyone what wrestling is all about. To showcase myself with the best in the world. To prove that the man known as Patriot IS one of the best wrestlers in the business today! Not get jumped by a guy in a clown mask! And now because of him, a great wrestler is out of action. That's something that I won't sit by and not do something about…

He stands in frame, and with a passionate intensity, stares into the camera.

Patriot:
Saint. I dunno when management is gonna let me get my hands on you, but I can promise you this… when we meet in that ring, you won't get to roll me up and walk out thinking you're high shit. Because after what you did to Leo… I'm gonna make sure you tap... right… here …

He points to the middle of the ring as the camera zooms out, fading to black as his theme plays. Over the darkness the text:

Patriot will return at Declaration

After a few seconds it fades out as well. Ending the segment.

@Seto The Ace of WWEF @Beavie you guys were mentioned and I think both of ya are swell guys lol

Last edited: