Last Wrestling Match Watched 2.0

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
WWE Main Event 02/13/2013 - Alberto Del Rio (w/Ricardo Rodriguez) vs. Dolph Ziggler (w/AJ Lee & Big E Langston)

What a fan-FUCKING-tastic match this was, they pretty much had the crowd in the palm of their hands from bell-to-bell with great action, storytelling and selling. There was also a pretty funny spot with Ricardo hitting Big E in the head with his bucket and making the run for it. The finish was kind of out of nowhere but didn't take away from this great match and i currently have it as my MOTY. I can so see these having a 3 month run of PPV matches this year and i can't wait. One last this this Del Rio face turn is the best thing that has happen to him so far he just looks allot more comfortable and flashy, as for Dolph he keeps having excellent matches with everyone on the roster, stays over with the crowd, and STILL loses but never looks bad in the defeat. I'm just hoping his World title run is this good just with a few extra wins. ****

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
WWE SmackDown 02/15/2013 - Randy Orton vs. Mark Henry

Good and fun match while it lasted, only thing i didn't like was the DQ finish now i know the Chamber is only 48 hours away and WWE usually do DQ finishes on go-home shows but Henry clean pinned Orton just a week ago so why not do it 2 weeks in a row, or why not let Orton get the win back. While i think about i kinda understand it now well Henry is this UNSTOPPABLE MONSTER and Orton has yet to pin him why not blasted him with several chair shots to try and wear him down, as it truly is all about winning the Elimination Chamber to get your World Heavyweight Championship match at Wrestlemania. **

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
WWE SmackDown 02/15/2013 - Chris Jericho vs. Big Show

Really fun Big man vs. little/medium size man. They did a great job of showing that Show is this unstoppable pissed off giant and that Del Rio is gonna have to bring his A game and more to even pin show. Chris Jericho's bumping for show in this match was top notch especially on the chokeslam and the spear spot which came out of nowhere. **1/2

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
WWE Night of Champions 2010 - United States Championship Match: The Miz (w/Alex Riley) vs. Daniel Bryan

No question this is Miz's best one-on-on match and might even be his best match to date. And seeing how Miz has the MITB and all the stuff that has gone on between Miz and Bryan i think the decision to give the championship to Bryan was the right choice. The storytelling was excellent too, of The Miz going for the arm to stop Bryan from going for the Lebell lock, only for Bryan to use his cunning to finally lock it in…And his selling of the arm was great as well. ***3/4

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
WWE Night of Champions 2010 - No Holds Barred Match for the World Heavyweight Championship: Kane vs. The Undertaker

It was revealed that Kane was the one who had put Undertaker in the vegetative state a few months ago, but when Taker finally came back for revenge, it was also revealed that Kane had somehow stolen Taker’s powers as well. So well Taker is back, he is significantly weaker than he was before. This had very good storytelling and booking here, and they played into Taker being weaker than usual, so every time Kane go the advantage, it made sense. But Kane's offense was pretty boring here and this really didn't need to go 18 minutes. **1/2

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
WWE Night of Champions 2010 - Six Pack Challenge Elimination Match For The WWE Championship: Sheamus vs. John Cena vs. Edge vs. Chris Jericho vs. Wade Barrett vs. Randy Orton

The match chaotic and fun from the start. I liked that Jericho was eliminated early and everyone was totally stunned in silence as he was gone and everyone sold it brilliantly. For the other 20 minutes, it was never that spectacular, but it was a standard WWE multi-man match and was very well. ***1/2

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
WWE Hell In A Cell 2010 - Submissions Count Anywhere Match For The United States Championship: Daniel Bryan vs. John Morrison vs. The Miz

That was easily the best triple threat submissions count anywhere match I've ever seen. 8D Seriously though, just 10 minutes fun with some solid brawling and innovative submissions. All three guys looked strong. Bryan got the aforementioned showcase, Miz got to get more aggressive, and Morrison got to do more of his Parkour, culminating with a dive off the HIAC set. They packed in a ton into their 13 minutes and I did making out like a bitch when I saw the Texas Cloverleaf, Cattle Mutilation, and Haas of Pain all being used in the match. ***1/2

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
WWE Hell In A Cell 2010 - Hell In A Cell Match For The WWE Championship: Randy Orton vs. Sheamus

I thought that this was a good match and is totally the best match these two have had together. My only problem with the match was they didn't didn't utilize the cell much but it had psychology, and psychology that even played into false finishes and counters down the stretch. I'm perfectly happy with this match. ***3/4

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
WWE Hell In A Cell 2010 - Edge vs. Jack Swagger

Decent impromptu match. But could of been so much better if they kicked it into that 2nd or 3rd gear but they seen to play it safe for the match and keep the same pace throughout. Swagger was diffidently in Kurt Angle 2002 mode here by the look of his offence, and Edge put in one of his better performances since Wrestlemania 26. ***

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
WWE Hell In A Cell 2010 - John Cena Joining Nexus vs. Nexus Disbanding: Wade Barrett vs. John Cena

It started out interesting with Cena outworking Barrett but they abandoned it for a more standard WWE main event style match. The problem at least for me is that Barrett is boring as shit on offense. And he did look lost at times. The best thing about this was the FANS losing their shit when Cena lost. Then Cole said "C'MON Ref did you see a guy!" ***1/4

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
WWE Hell In A Cell 2010 - Hell In A Cell Match For The World Heavyweight Championship: Kane vs. The Undertaker (w/Paul Bearer)

So Kane beat Undertaker clean at NOC, but the return of Paul Bearer on Smackdown to give Taker his powers back has apparently was reason enough for Taker to remain the top contender and get another shot, which is in the Cell, again for no good reason. They worked in some decent psychology but the last few minutes were practically in slow. Bearer turning on Taker was pretty predictable, but at least it makes sense. **3/4

AZUCAR!

Reaction score
The Rock vs CM Punk - WWE Title - WWE Elimination Chamber 2013

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
WWE Bragging Rights 2010 - US Champion Daniel Bryan vs. Intercontinental Champion Dolph Ziggler

I loved this match, and it's easily the best thing on the show. One was the match that really made me a fan of Dolph or take notice of how AWESOME his bumping, selling it. While this was technically excellent, and is prob a matches of the year candidate. This was a match that had virtually no setup nor back-story heading into it, so aside from the wrestling aspect of it there was nothing there for the audience to connect with. The only bad thing about the match was the finish was a bit anti-climactic, but the previous 16 minutes OWNED ***3/4

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
WWE Bragging Rights 2010 - Elimination Match: Team RAW (The Miz, CM Punk, John Morrison, Sheamus, Santino Marella, R-Truth, & Ezekiel Jackson) vs. Team SmackDown (Big Show, Edge, Rey Mysterio, Alberto Del Rio, Jack Swagger, Kofi Kingston & Tyler Reks)

The match was solid, as they really had to compress things to get all the falls in, but sadly that meant a lot of cheap finishes as well. To their credit, they did do an extended celebration to try and act like this win was a big deal, but come on. Fans have no reason to care which side wins because there’s nothing that matters on the line and the brand split was basally DEAD at this point. ***1/4

Chriss

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
austinaries2
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
WWE Elimination Chamber 2013 - The Shield vs. John Cena, Ryback & Sheamus