Show LDW PrimeTime: Episode 2

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Rosie

Dark Side
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
dJvrW4y
Favorite Wrestler
kevinsteen
Favorite Wrestler
Se3BZPQ
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Sports Team
2DciFqq
Favorite Sports Team
OQcgyMS
Favorite Sports Team
coloradoavalanche
Favorite Sports Team
vCLYUUD

Presents

From Concord, New Hampshire

Episode 2

With the theme tune once again playing us in and the intro video updated with a couple of new signings for the promotion, PrimeTime comes to us once again. This time coming from Concord, the crowd is once again eager for the show to begin. With the camera zooming around the crowd for a few moments, we join Rodney Perkins and Wally Shine on commentary, both greeting the camera with a smile.

Perkins: Ladies and gentlemen, Liberty or Death Wrestling's PrimeTime is back and we are two shows away from Declaration in Philadelphia, where we already have one match set to determine the first-ever LDW World Champion.

Shine: After going low on Chris Young, Brian Toogood eliminated the Huntsman from contention, gaining the advantage of match choice, but it leaves him with a mad... mad Darius Wright as his final obstacle, and he better be smart with his match type.

Perkins: Until then, we have two weeks to go, and both men are in action tonight. Brian Toogood has a chance to play hometown spoiler as he faces against a young Corey Keenan who will likely be wrestling in front of family and friends, and Darius Wright is in our main event against one of our new signees, the Rainbow Princess, Nova Taylor.

Shine: I got to call a few of her matches on the West-Coast over the past year and I can say, she has grown a lot as a wrestler and she's one of the most agile women around, even then, with an angry...angry Darius Wright who really doesn't want to lose going into his title match, she has more than a mountain to overcome.

Perkins: And with that in mind, it's time to get this show on the road from Concord!

----------------------------------------------------------------

Handicap Match
Marley Jameson & Taboo vs Luke Saint

The lights of the arena begin to flash green as the theme music of the biggest Freak-show in LDW begins to build for about 20 seconds. The masked wrestler rushes out with his insane laugh, running back and forth on the stage and cutting an insane laugh.

Garcia: This first match is a Handicap match scheduled for one fall. Introducing first, from The Other Realm, weighing in at 201 pounds, Taboo!

Perkins: Starting off the second episode of PrimeTime on… a strange note is Taboo. After getting beaten handily by Brian Toogood at Foundation, the masked freak has rested up, and perhaps he can turn his fortunes around?

Shine: Well, Toogood attacked him pretty quickly, so maybe if he gets a chance to get rolling, nothing will stop him? Then again, I have a feeling his unlikely partner was rolling something else earlier today and Luke Saint may not provide him with such luxury.

Running down the ramp, Taboo circles the ring, even getting on the commentator’s table to shout, before rolling into the ring. Taboo hits all the ropes and shouts in Clarissa Garcia’s microphone before his theme music fades away to be replaced by his far more mellow, partner.

With the smooth and catchy tune for “Sour” Marley Jameson playing, the man who is one of the most chill members of the roster is set to make his debut. With tye-dye trunks, a marijuana leaf on the back, along with sunglasses, it’s clear exactly the type of person he is. Bopping his head, Marley pretends to smoke something and keeps his steady walk.

Garcia: And his partner, from the Mile High City, Denver, Colorado, weighing in at 240 pounds, “Sour” Marley Jameson.

Perkins: So, he’s from the Mile High City?

Shine: That explains.

Perkins: Well, this is the debut for Marley Jameson and he’s known for his laid back attitude and easy-going personality. Although I hear he is an environmentalist. He told me in his spare time he goes on the site “Reddit” and frequents a subsection about trees.

Shine: Yeah, sure dawg, it’s about trees. But if he’s too busy thinking about the green stuff, I think he’s gonna not have very high hopes for this match.

Walking up the steps and stepping into the ring, Marley walks across to the turnbuckles and puts one foot on it, taking off his sunglasses as “Burn,” fades away. He steps down and is asking his partner to “chill out,” as the theme music of their opponent begins to play.

As the AC/DC song rips through the speakers, the crowd quickly boos the man who ruined the first match in Primetime history. The screen shows a black 2019 Cadillac Escalade drive into the parking lot as three men in suits and masks walk out of it. The men on the side have masks with the American flag on it with the middle man having a clown mask. Eventually, they walk onto the stage shoulder to shoulder.

Garcia: And their opponent, from New York City, New York, weighing in at 222 pounds, the Patron Saint of Crime, Luke Saint!

And on cue, Luke Saint rips off his mask to show his devilish grin and they head down the ramp.

Perkins: Luke Saint didn’t waste any time in trying to make a statement at the expense of two talented individuals, both of which were put on the shelf.

Shine: Leo was practically driven out of LDW for the time being with his injury and Patriot will only be back at Declaration, and I can respect a mean-streak to a degree, but that was too much, dude.

Perkins: and if there is one time I’d bet on the one in a two on one handicap match, this may be it.

Luke Saint walks towards the ring and gets in, with his two goons on the outside at the ramp. Luke Saint removes his jacket and gloves with one of his rings, as he gets in a corner to lean. His theme music fades away and he stands across the ring from the two, very confident going into this match.

Summary:

As the bell rings, Luke Saint extends his hand to the legal man, Marley Jameson, for a handshake, and immediately pulls him into a clothesline. The lariat leaves a sour taste in Marley’s mouth as Saint takes control. Luke keeps Marley mostly on the ground, or in the corner, stomping on the abdomen and rubs with recklessness. Upon a warning from the official which causes him to mouth off, Marley Jameson hits a right first… which does nothing as Luke quickly throws him with a Suplex, then a Stun Gun on the ropes. After a kick out at two, Luke Saint, eyes on Taboo who is itching to get in the match on the corner, hits a Powerbomb-Stunner on Marley Jameson, and the Colorado native falls back into his team’s corner, not really conscious, and Taboo takes himself in… AND GOES OUTSIDE OF THE RING.

As if to hype himself up, Taboo runs around the ring twice, even sticking out his tongue at the goons for Luke Saint on the second go, before he rolls into the ring… and gets cut in half with a spear! A shotgun dropkick in the corner follows and with Taboo lying on the mat, brain extra scrambled. Luke Saint ends up going to the top rope and dives with a double foot stomp, Six Feet Deep! As Marley is recovered, Luke Saint goads him to get in the ring, and he quickly drops him with a back suplex turned into a facebuster, dropping him on top of Taboo. Aiming for the end, Luke Saint hits them both at once with a double Curb Stomp, a Double Mercy makes their heads clang together! With both opponents laid out, Luke Saint pins them both for the win.

Winner:
Luke Saint
2:54

Garcia: And here is your winner, Luke Saint!

Perkins: And no surprise there.

Shine: But it’s still impressive. Two men crushed like that. Always uncomfortable to see. I have a feeling that if Patriot or Leo would want to get revenge, they're not going to have a good time.

Perkins: We'll have to wait and see on that.

Dusting his hands off, Luke Saint is about to have his hand raised by the official but waves him off. He instead gestures to his goons to go in the ring and, rather than merely beating them up, the two men in masks drag both Marley and Taboo in front of Luke Saint and the Boss puts his foot on them, with his arms raised by his goons and they clap. They leave the broken men in the ring and head to the back, making their statement.

Walking in the hallways of the arena, one of the newest signees to LDW, Nova Taylor, rolls a bag with her gear behind her. Her hair, as expected, is filled with many different colours, matching with a tye-dye shirt and jeans. She holds her phone to her ear and his talking to someone.

Nova: Hey, Happy Birthday you knucklehead, haha.

She chuckles on the phone as she playfully jokes with the person she’s talking to on the phone.

Nova: So, Victoria’s got a treat for you? Oh, that sounds great. I’m sure you guys have someone to watch little Emile?

Nova smiles as she’s likely talking to her cousin. A little uncomfortable, she mutters on the phone.

Nova: Yeah, sorry I couldn’t come and visit for it, I got some bookings I need to be at. Just some random booking. Or else I’d be there in a heart-beat. Although I don’t think you’re exactly comfortable to talk too much about it, considering it took a lot for you to be willing to help open a wrestling school.

Turning the corner, Nova is about to continue her conversation, but she stops dead in her tracks and tenses up. Standing in front of her is, rather unfortunately for Nova, her boss, Eden. The Seamstress of Reality gives a sly grin as Nova, realizing she probably doesn’t want to give her cousin information on who she’s working for, decides to cut the phone conversation quick.

Nova: Hey, Ryan, give me a few minutes. I got to talk to the promoter. Laters.

Putting her phone away, Nova’s bubbly charm is quickly washed away and she scowls at her new boss who greets her

Eden: Nova Taylor, what a pleasure it is to see you again.

Nova: ...And what displeasure to be working for you…

The Canadian says with her teeth clenched.

Eden: Slate and I couldn’t be more ecstatic to have someone of your stature here. When your agent came to us with your signature on the dotted line of the contract we offered, we knew that we made the right choice thinking of you when we were breathing life into Liberty or Death Wrest-

Nova: Okay, let’s cut this bullshit here!

Nova shouts, cutting her off.

Nova: We both know exactly why you signed me. To get some “good old revenge,” on my family. You kept your identity hidden from my agent and me, you gave me enough money where you knew my agent would pressure me into signing, and basically played everyone here.

Eden: Why would I do such a thing?

The co-owner of LDW says to toy with Nova.

Nova: Oh come on! You knew exactly what you were doing and frankly, it’s downright illegal!

Eden: Illegal? Well then, if that’s how you feel, perhaps we should get our lawyers involved?

Eden smirks.

Eden: Although I don’t think that process will exactly be ideal for you.

Nova glares at her boss, still feeling animosity towards her.

Nova: I’m not going to go that far, in the end, I’m stuck with the contract. Doesn’t mean I have to like it or put up with your stupid tricks. What’s next? You have Jeffry Mason come here? Maybe that one model guy you teamed with comes back and messes with me?

Amused by Nova’s reaction, Eden grins and lightly taps Nova on the shoulder, which the Rainbow Princess quickly pushes her hand away.

Eden: This hostility is not what I expected from someone I gave a job to out of the kindness of my heart. I know I wasn’t exactly fond of your family…

She adds.

Eden: And to be perfectly honest, not even his trainees, but I can assure you that my dear Slate and I will be void of bias in our treatment of everyone. History or not, all people signed with us shall be treated fairly. You’re no different, Nova. As long as you are open and willing to treat us well, we would be more than willing to do the same.

Taylor scoffs and turns to her side.

Nova: I’ll believe it when I see it.

Eden: I can assure you we will.

And Eden gives a rare smile before she continues.

Eden: I get that you aren’t too thrilled being employed by my husband and I… Truthfully, I can admire you for trying to stick up for your family. I’d give my life for my Torn Warrior and my precious child, Keres. While I don’t like the way you carry yourself, you caught my eye when you faced Slate Bass and Jeffry Mason, as well as that one match we had together. Nova, in Liberty or Death Wrestling, we want to bring out the potential in our wrestlers. This may be our garden, but we do want you to be free to grow in every way possible.

Pointing lightly at Nova, Eden says.

Eden: And believe these words, I do want you to grow. I have a feeling that here and now, with you rooted in LDW, this is the perfect place. Don’t make the same mistakes your cousin made. We want you to reach your potential.

???: Why do I get the idea that your definition of potential is different from everyone else’s?

Eden closes her eyes and breathes heavily through her nose. She mutters…

Eden: Cole…

And she turns around to see Reagan Cole, in a baseball cap with the Statue of Liberty on it, which was last seen worn by Sara in the last promo, despite not having a match tonight, standing behind her. Nova gives a small grin as she sees an old friend.

Eden: Surprised to see you…

Eden folds her arms and looks at Reagan Cole.

Eden: Nevertheless, you interrupted a conversation between Nova and myself.

Cole: First off please, call me Reagan. Formalities aren’t my favourite thing in the world.

Eden: I’d advise you to behave a little more professionally. Perhaps more bookings would come your way if you did.

Reagan smiles in response to the clear shot taken at him.

Cole: Well that was what I was here because I was a tiny bit confused about the fact that the scaredy-cat Luke Saint is out there taking on two people at once and I’m over here left with nobody to beat up. But now I might have a different purpose considering the situation that we find ourselves in.

Eden: Well, if you wish to voice your concerns or get an appropriate match next show, I suggest you schedule an appointment. As for you, Miss Taylor, I hope we can continue this conversation another time.

And with that, Eden walks away, to the great relief of Nova Taylor. She sticks her tongue out while Eden isn’t looking then breathes a sigh of relief as she turns to Reagan.

Nova: Thank you so much for saving me from that.

Cole: Anytime, the more authority I piss off the better.

Nova chuckles a little at the comment.

Nova: I didn’t think you’d try to be that much of a rebel.

Cole: Well when you get screwed out of a world title shot after winning a major battle royal then two different promoters closing down their promotions as soon as you win a title and you kinda get a certain view of these people. Also anytime a BloodLust Revolution member runs a company, it normally doesn’t go so well.

Nova: Right, I almost forgot… Lucky us that we work here, hehe. Not like they told us.

Reagan smirks

Cole: So tonight’s the night, Liberty gets to see The Rainbow Princess. How are you feeling? Little nervous?

Scratching the back of her neck, Nova says.

Nova: Maybe a little, not because I’m facing Darius but because of the mood he’s in. Here I thought my debut would be a fun match, but nope, Slate and Eden put me with someone who wants to rip something in two… And it so happens the guy who pissed him off was trained by a family member of mine. Like, I’m sure I’m in a much better position to hold my own compared to when I debuted or even when I came back after a year. Just it stinks that I have all this against me.

Cole: You don’t have everything against you, trust me I’ve been in similar situations even when I was growing up, I have your back, no matter what. Like I said at the wedding, members of Vendettas family become members of my family as well.

Nova chuckles at the use of her cousin’s old in-ring name but still keeps positive.

Nova: Thanks. I’ll keep that in mind, especially if I need a tag partner…

Then Nova adds.

Nova: Or an opponent.

Before sticking her tongue out at Reagan. Reagan just takes it with a pinch of salt.

Cole: For the record, the fact that you think I don’t already have a strategy just in case that happens is quite adorable.

Reagan pokes his tongue right back at Nova, adding emphasis to the adorable part of the quote.

Cole: Now get out there and get some payback on Darius for me! In exchange, I’ll show ya a picture of Jason painting in his class. Deal?

Shrugging, Nova laughs and nods.

Nova: Why not? Although, personally, I’m more concerned about surviving. Anyways, I really should get going, Reag’. See you around.

Cole: You’ll do fine, just don’t go try brawling with him and you should be ok. See ya around, kid!

The two friends wave before Nova, with her gear bag rolling behind her, walks down the hall to her locker room. Leaving Reagan to smile to himself as he checks his phone for any messages from Sara before Reagan walks off as well, bringing the scene to a close.

Singles Match
Brian Toogood vs Corey Keenan

The next match is upon us as the familiar “Live Fast, Die Young,” begins to play, sparking the usual boos from the audience. After a few moments, Brian Toogood decked out in his black and gold attire again, walks backwards slowly before turning around, arms spread out to greet the haters. As usual, he does his points along with Clarissa Garcia doing his introductions.

Garcia: This following match is scheduled for one fall. Making his way to the ring first, from Buffalo, New York, weighing in at 243 pounds, B-T-G, Brian Tooogood!

Perkins: Love him, or more likely, hate him, you can’t deny the fact that Brian Toogood has been successful in LDW’s short time.

Shine: He’s proving himself to be more than just an egomaniac… Even though he probably still largely is. He is one win at Philadelphia to making history in LDW, man.

Perkins: Him and Darius Wright are facing one on one, I just have to wonder what stipulation it will be as Brian has the choice?

One of the men fighting for the LDW World Championship at Declaration, Brian Toogood has the confidence needed for someone meant to be contending for a top title as he scoffs at the Concord crowd. He walks around the ring, getting onto the apron before stepping in the ring and up the turnbuckles, posing for the crowd as his theme music fades away. Toogood demands a microphone before addressing the crowd, shushing the boos.

BTG: Shhh, easy guys. I know you all are excited to see me, aha! I know, I know people are foaming at the mouth at the idea of Brian Toogood becoming the first… the greatest, a Toogood LDW World Heavyweight Champion. But before I get to that, I have a few things to address. The first is a message to my opponent at Declaration in Philadelphia, one Darius Wright.

Mentioning the name of his opponent at Declaration brings a mostly positive response from the crowd.

BTG: Because I think everyone is looking at this situation all wrong. You call me… an egomaniac, someone who cheats, who is ducking a fair fight? Even some think I’m doing something ridiculous in overlooking Darius Wright. I’m not. Let me take you back to that match just two weeks ago. Darius Wright, like a total maniac, went out of the ring and grabbed a chair immediately! He threatened my livelihood with furniture! He knew he couldn’t wrestle one-on-one with me so he had to bring a weapon in. And have you seen him on social media?! He’s threatening violence against someone who is practically asking to be part of a Disney Channel because he’s too pissy about losing to me fair and square. It shattered his aura.

In a mocking tone, Brian Toogood takes big steps with his chest pumped out.

BTG: Darius Wright acts like he’s the worst mother f’er around, how he’s hard… in a toughness sense of the word, and he’s going to cast a dark cloud over this company. But, he’s the one acting like a spoiled child, and he’s still trying to save face. Why is that?

With a smug grin, Brian Toogood says.

BTG: Darius Wright underestimating me. Think about it, people. I’m a man who was fortunate to have a family that loved him, parents who nurtured him, the resources to set myself up for a bright future… Oh, and I have a beautiful, hot, amazing girlfriend out of your leagues, haha. I don’t think Darius Wright has even had a hug in his life! He and people like you, the bottom-feeders of our society are jealous of people like me. You think we have no heart, are greedy, and are lazy. But tell me, how many of you trash rejects are going to cash your social security checks next week, or work your nine to five job, maybe break the rules a little to get by, or just say some people are ‘taking your jobs’ and blame your problems on them?

Standing firmly in the middle of the ring, Brian Toogood says.

BTG: People like me don’t settle for just having money. We invest, we play it smart. We aim for our potential! Hell, I entered the stock market at 18 years old and doubled my money after six months. Was that just luck? No, I’m Brian Toogood, I'm not lucky and I won't settle for just being good. And people like me don’t have to break rules like the King of LA, Darius Wright. If you’re as good as me, you make the rules, baby. Which leads to my choice of match stipulation for Darius Wright and I’s match at Declaration…

He pauses, before laughing and leaning on the ropes.

BTG: being declared at another time, hahaha! I got you!

The crowd groan and jeer at Brian Toogood.

BTG: Okay, okay, I’ll give you a hint. You’ll find out more after the main event tonight, whether Darius Wright is throwing another temper tantrum or we’re trying to scrape rainbows off the canvas, I don’t really care. For now, consider me a generous man, because you Concord Dumbasses get to see one of your own get their asses kicked. Just remember, I’m the future LDW World Champion, Brian Toogood, and yes, I’m Just… Too… Good, bring out the geek!

Toogood tosses the mic away and removes his fedora, shades, and vest, waiting for his opponent.

Getting a good response from his hometown crowd, “You’re Gonna Go Far Kid,” begins to play for the upstart, Corey Keenan. After a few moments he comes out, finger raised and does a humble fist-bump before walking down the aisle, high-fiving his hometown crowd.

Garcia: And his opponent, from right here in Concord, New Hampshire, weighing in at 178 pounds, Corey Keenan!

Shine: Give him what? One minute?

Perkins: I think this may be a tough challenge for young, Corey Keenan, but considering his hometown advantage, maybe he has the support needed to face these odds?

Shine: He’s got his family in the crowd, I know that, but is that really enough?

Before getting into the ring, Corey hugs an older man and woman at ringside, presumably his parents, before getting in the ring and jumping in place, ready for his hometown match.

Summary:

Corey Keenan began the match with an attempt at a handshake, but the naive Keenan was met with a rude slap that knocked the taste out of his mouth! Brian Toogood pounds kicks and punches to force his smaller foe against the ropes, testing the official’s patience early. And just like that, it is utter dominance from Brian Toogood, but one which is drawn out, milking any hatred from the fans. His first attempt for a pin comes after a spinning uranage, but Keenan manages to lift one shoulder up, giving Brian more time to dish it out.

Toogood traps Corey Keenan in the corner, driving his shoulder into his abdomen, then following it up with a big boot in the corner. He arrogantly puts one foot on the pin, and Keenan kicks out once again. Brian keeps Corey Keenan grounded with a submission, stretching out his arm and neck while badmouthing the fans. As Corey finally gets to half a vertical base, Brian quickly lets go of the hold, bashing the back of his head with a double-axe handle. An overconfident Brian Toogood turns his back to Keenan to gloat, giving Corey Keenan a moment to roll Brian Toogood up which Toogood barely kicks out of! Before the hometown kid has any chance to get the offence going, Brian Toogood hits him with a knee lift than a Death Valley Driver into the corner which Folds him up Like an Accordion!

With Corey Keenan completely out, Brian Toogood takes some time to drag him out of the ring and throws him against the barricade multiple times, including twice in front of his own parents. Brian Toogood shouts “Is this the piece of shit you raised?!” before holding Corey up to his parents, sparking a small bit of rage in the young up and comer and he rams Toogood into the apron and back into the ring! Corey Keenan attempts a Leg-Drop Bulldog as Brian Toogood is getting up, but the Buffalo native turns it into a powerbomb! Brian Toogood hits a second and is about to do a third while doing an “X” taunt to mock his future opponent, but the extra time gives Corey a chance to hit his Leg-Drop Bulldog for real! Corey gets a pin

One

Two

Thr-

No!

Brian Toogood is nearly put away, to the displeasure of the hometown crowd who erupted upon the pinfall. Corey Keenan can’t believe it and tries to pick up the bigger Brian Toogood who is still catching his bearings. However, with how beat up Corey Keenan is, he is too tired to capitalize and Brian Toogood pulls him in for his Buffalo Wild Wing! The Kimura forces Corey Keenan to tap out in front of his hometown crowd!

Winner:
Brian Toogood
7:44

Perkins: I can’t believe Corey Keenan even lasted that long against one of the number one contenders for the LDW title. Although I think it was more Brian milking his time… again.

Shine: Brian wanted to embarrass him in front of his hometown, but nearly got caught. Just unfortunately for Corey, he was still forced to tap out in front of his own family, that’s cold.

Rubbing the back of his neck for a moment, a more than frustrated Brian Toogood has his hand raised in victory. He motions around his waist the shape of a title belt, showing exactly what is on his mind. Brian rolls out of the ring to gloat, even flipping off the family of Corey Keenan as the scene fades with him in the entranceway, giving a grin.

Earlier in the night

Backstage we see the grill of a Ford truck and hear the engine turn off as the cameraman walks around to get a shot of who’s getting out of the vehicle. It’s Darius Wright in a more upset mood than usual. He’s wearing black shades, his black tank top with some grey jeans and his black duffle bag slung over an arm. He ignores every and anyone as he walks past them heading to the locker room area. Just a small preview of what mood he is in for our main event.

Live August 25th from the 2300 Arena in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

Featuring Brian Toogood and Darius Wright fighting for the inaugural LDW World Championship

Main Event
Nova Taylor vs Darius Wright

As the opening to “Now” by Paramore begins to play, the audience, mostly associated with the Rainbow Princess, cheer as the lights begin to flash a literal rainbow of colours. After a couple of moments, Nova Taylor makes her way out with her rainbow coloured attire, keeping her spirits high despite the massive hurdles for her debut. She does a very small curtsy before twirling around and heading down the ramp, high-fiving fans.

Garcia: This following match is your PrimeTime main event and it is scheduled for one fall! Making her way to the ring first, from Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada, she is the Rainbow Princess, Nova Taylor!

Perkins: Main event time once again and we have ourselves the debuting Nova Taylor, and you have to think, with her prior history with Slate and Eden, that this is their way to punish her for the past?

Shine: Wouldn’t put it past them. It’s practically a family feud, both immediate and people associated with them. But it wouldn’t be the first time she’s an underdog. She has to use her speed and agility to even have a chance.

Perkins: Or not run afoul of her angry opponent.

Continuing to play to the fans, Nova slaps hands around the ring and even gives her hat to a young girl in the audience with her family. She slides on the apron and crosses her legs before sliding into the ring and heading towards the top turnbuckle, giving a peace sign to the fans before jumping down and heading across the ring where she blows a kiss to the audience for fun as her theme music fades away. Keeping her spirits high, Nova paces across the ring, trying to ready herself for her massive test in one of the number one contenders for the world title. The lights go out as if it is almost a power failure, signalling the arrival of...

Darius Wright with “Scared of the Dark” beginning to play as the lights flicker in tune with the song. The Rainbows and colour are washed away as the Dark Traveler, not exactly amused from his loss last week, stomps his way out through the curtains. He does his slow stroll with his grim expression, looking out all around the fans, nodding his head at them before his glare catches Nova’s, which he tries to stare a hole through her.

Garcia: And her opponent, from Los Angeles, California, weighing in at 243 pounds, the Dark Traveler, Darius Wright.

Perkins: He has his match set for Declaration, him against Brian Toogood where one of them will be the first-ever LDW World Champion, but first, he has some steam to let off and poor Nova Taylor may be his first victim.

Shine: He still earned his way to that match, but just how Brian Toogood did it, and the loudness of Brian Toogood has not put Darius in a good mood. He’s gone sour. I don’t know if Darius has any ill-will against Nova Taylor from before, she clearly doesn’t, but she is just in the wrong place at the wrong time and Darius Wright may use the cousin of Brian Toogood’s trainer to make a statement.

Perkins: And maybe put some fear in the eyes of Brian Toogood.

Darius Wright goes up the steps and into the ring where he steps through the middle and top rope. Breathing through his nose, it’s clear Darius Wright wants to unload any anger he had from last week and Nova Taylor, trying to keep calm, crouches in the corner, trying to give a small smile. Darius takes off his “Fear Nothing” shirt and dusts his gloves off as “Scared of the Dark” fades away and the lights turn back to normal. Nova Taylor gets up from the corner and squares up against her much larger foe, but compared to the first time we’ve seen her in the ring in Europe, she doesn’t seem to be on edge, a little more confident than before. Daruis, seeing that his colourful opponent is perhaps not as hostile to him, breathes a deep breath, letting out some of his frustration, if only temporarily, and shadow boxes in place before the match finally begins.

Summary:

Beginning the match, Darius raises his hands, trying to goad Nova Taylor into a test of strength and the much smaller girl, knowing it would go south quickly, keeps outside of his arms reach, being quick and getting in several kicks when she can, although nothing takes the larger man down aside from her quickly tripping him and trying a pin which barely gets a one. With Darius off-balance, Nova’s kicks finally get him to a knee before she attempts a flying head scissors which is blocked and she is sent face-first into the mat by the larger Darius. The Rainbow Princess is quick to get back up, but her next attempts for her attack is met with a rib-busting shoulder block, sending her flying and it gives Wright a clear advantage in the match.

Having control of the match over his more nimble foe, Darius Wright hits her hard with several knees and punches to the abdomen, and he even traps her in the corner, pressing her against the closest thing to a wall in a wrestling match. It is eventually added more to with an exploder suplex and a running dropkick that sends crashing into the corner like a rag doll, but Darius can’t put her away as he pins her and Nova kicks out at two, with her already showing wear in this match, and the Dark Traveler smirks, almost impressed as she keeps fighting.

Darius Wright continues his offensive tear by wrenching her with a vicious full nelson. Somehow, Nova isn’t passed out, although her legs swing as he holds her in the air. Eventually, the grip of Wright begins to slip and that gives Nova enough room to slide out his grasp like butter and upon looking down at Nova, his face meets the two colourful boots of Taylor as she kicks up to her feet, holding her ribs upon landing. Nova Taylor builds the pace up, hitting a couple running forearms on Darius along with multiple step-up enzuigiri before finally properly knocking Darius Wright off his feet with a running hurricanrana! She quickly runs to the top rope, going to a place she’s grown rather comfortable at, and hits a missile dropkick, forcing Darius Wright outside. She runs and hits a baseball slide before taking another charge only to get caught as she attempts a suicide dive! Darius Wright sends the Rainbow Princess ribs first into the edge of the ring, forcing Nova Taylor to gasp for air.

Almost in disbelief, she got him off his feet, Darius shakes his head as he catches his breath before throwing the smaller Taylor back into the ring. Giving himself distance for once, he sends Nova Taylor practically flipping over as he nails her full force with “The Wright Way,” knee! He pins her down and somehow, Nova Taylor kicks out at two, blinking her eyes as she tries to get her senses about her.

Knowing the potential cracks on her ribs, Darius Wright focuses his attention on that, dropping her with a backbreaker and stretching her out on his knee for a few moments. Then, he knees her in the ribs multiple times before changing to a surfboard, causing Nova to scream in pain. Still, he can’t make her tap out, and he lets go of the hold and tosses her with multiple hip tosses, landing her once again on the ribs and back, and Nova gets her shoulder up each time. Perhaps feeling a tad bit sorry for how one-sided things are slowly getting, Darius picks her up and audibly shouts “Stay Down, Girl!” before pushing her against the ropes and out of nowhere, Nova springboards off the ropes and hits her Springboard Cutter! Space Unicorn out of nowhere! Nova gets a cover on Darius!

One

Two

And the number one contender to the world title kicks out!

Still feeling the damage on her ribs, Nova Taylor coughs, but keeps her focus on Darius Wright, hitting a swinging neckbreaker as he gets up, then a rolling neck snap, before hitting a running dropkick to a seated Darius Wright. She still is unable to keep Darius down for a pin, but she’s still feeling motivated, getting the crowd behind her as she is rallying from behind against the bigger opponent. Knowing it worked last time, she once again starts to run towards the ropes for a Space Unicorn, but Wright comes to his senses and grabs her in a sleeper as she’s on the ropes, sending her overhead with a Sleeper Suplex! A Bedtime Story that is far from a Princess Fairytale! Getting to a knee, Darius Wright rubs his neck as the offence Nova is doing has finally been putting in some work, and he’s still rather puzzled by the Vancouver Gal’s willingness to take punishment, probably due to both heart and a bit of hard-headedness.

Trying to finally put Nova Taylor out of her misery, Darius brings her to her feet and hits a spinning heel kick to the gut. He wrenches her up for his Dark Cloud Dominator, but once again, showing no quit, Nova Taylor squirms in his grip and flips herself to be standing in front of him. She kicks him in the gut and jacks his jaw with a split-legged stunner that sends him stumbling into the corner. Nova Taylor charges with a running dropkick in the corner, before grabbing his head and running off the ropes with a Tornado DDT! The Mystical Space Typhoon right out her family’s playbook! Nova Taylor slowly heads to the top rope, thinking Starlight Splash, but her ribs have been aching and it makes her rather slow in getting to the top. This gives Darius Wright enough time to recover and hits a Superplex, dropping Nova down hard!

Getting up slower than he probably expected, Darius Wright holds the rope up and eyes Nova Taylor as she struggles up. “This woman…” he mutters, still wondering why she isn’t put away yet. Darius Wright tries to knock her lights out for good with his Pitch Black Discus Lariat, but out of nowhere, Nova Taylor hits him on the button with a Super-Duper Kick! Darius falls back before being met with a second one, and he falls onto the middle rope. Taking one more page out of her cousin’s book, she hits Darius with a Tiger Feint kick she calls the B.C.I and is ready to put Darius away for good. Slowly catching her breath, she waits on the apron and leaps for the air for her Dragonrana, the Tootsie Roll

And Darius ducks it! Nova Taylor rolls onto her feet and, as she has had an ankle injury before, quickly checks her foot to make sure it isn’t hurt, and that gives Darius Wright enough time to nail her with a Pitch Black that spins her inside out! Darius covers her and finally gets a three count after Nova Taylor proved she could take a lot more than anyone likely gave her credit.

Winner:
Darius Wright
22:12

Perkins: I can’t believe what we just saw. Nova Taylor in her LDW debut, took Darius Wright to the brink as she took hit after hit.

Shine: She really shined tonight, both of them did. But in the end, Darius Wright gets a much-needed win after last week and is showing exactly what he may bring to the table as a world champion.

Upon having his hand raised, Darius Wright gestures around his waist to show that gold is on the brain for him, but he turns his gaze to Nova Taylor. As the Rainbow Princess slowly gets up, still feeling her entire body aching after Darius Wright beat her every way to Sunday, sees the man who just defeated her and she backs up to the corner. Wright almost gestures for her to “calm down,” and gives a small smirk, extending his hand. “No joke,” he mutters, “You earned it.”

Perkins: Is he going for a handshake? Has Darius ever done that in his career?

Shine: I won’t believe it ‘til I see it, but it would be quite the nod of approval if he does.

And, sure enough, Nova extends her hand and the two show a display of sportsmanship. Having let out any anger, this was exactly what Darius needed, the right opponent. Nova Taylor rolls out of the ring and winces as she walks to the back, high-fiving some fans as Darius Wright is joined in the ring by Sydney Turner, with a microphone in her hand.

Turner: Darius Wright, you have a lot on your plate in the next few weeks with your upcoming title match and you just picked up a big win. But, we have to wonder, why the handshake with Nova Taylor?

Darius Wright, after giving himself a moment to catch his breath, answers the question.

Wright: Well...I have to say...that young lady has a lot of spunk and gusto. She didn’t quit not for one damn minute and the rest of this new roster could take a page out of her book. BECAUSE THAT’S WHAT IT TAKES TO BE AT L...D…W!

The crowd cheer at the fire from Darius, showing respect to Nova Taylor, but their reaction starts to change to one of gasping, which Darius doesn’t notice right away.

Wright: And when I’M THE CHAMP, that’s gonna the standard here! B-

Smack!

Fresh off his win early, Brian Toogood has rushed the ring through the crowd, steel chair in hand, and wacks it across the back of Darius Wright, dropping his opponent at Declaration to his knees!

Perkins: Oh come on! What did you say about being above this stuff?!

Shine: Brian Toogood’s a hypocrite, although he probably doesn’t give a damn if people call him that, as long as they're calling him Champ later on.

To a chorus of jeers from the audience, Brian Toogood swings the chair wildly at the arm of Darius Wright, making his focus clear while Sydney Turner, as the situation gets ugly, runs out of the ring. He traps the right arm of Darius in the chair and stomps on it multiple times, bending his arm in steel! The official of the match begs for him to stop and Brian Toogood shouts at him back, scaring him off and continues on. He wedges the chair in between the middle and bottom turnbuckle and picks Darius up in a Fireman’s Carry. Going full force, he hits “Fold ‘em up Like an Accordion” with Darius landing shoulder first in the chair!

Multiple officials come down to the ring, but before they can get there, Brian Toogood locks in the Buffalo Wild Wing on the injured arm!

Darius Wright yells as his arm is being bent, but to prevent Toogood from getting as much satisfaction, refuses to tap out. Eventually, he finally lets go of the hold and poses to the crowd who are absolutely hating him, and Brian heads out of the ring to get a microphone.

BTG:
Hahaha, did you forget about me, dumbass?!

Toogood shouts as he rolls back into the ring.

BTG: I said I’d be out here after your match, but you forgot, didn’t you? You were too busy playing good-guy D-Dub and took a long time to put away a former model! You cocky prick, you forgot all about me. You walk like Mr Big King Pin, saying what it takes to make it in LDW, but are you sure? I’m the only one undefeated here. I’m the man with the brightest future here! I know exactly what it will take to make it in LDW, what it takes to be a star. You’re adequate, maybe good, but not Brian Toogood. But don’t worry, I gave you a nice reminder of who really has the power here.

Looking at the crowd, Brian adds.

BTG: Speaking of, I get to pick the match stipulation. I was told by the… interesting bosses in charge that I need to say it by the end of next week, so I don’t think I should rush. But that’s fine! I have just the place to do so. Next week, witness the debut of the first and greatest talk show in LDW history, hosted by the future first and greatest world champion, Big Money, Brian Toogood. As I host the…

And here comes the pointing…

BTG: B-T-G Longue. It will be Big Talk, Big Star Power, and Big Money, all the tiiiiime. It's here, next edition of PrimeTime!

Looking down at Darius who is being looked over by the refs.

BTG: Don’t worry, Darius. Since I can’t interview myself, because let’s face it, these people aren’t worth that treat, you get to be the guest of honour as long as you’re on your best behaviour. See you next week, chump!

And like that, Brian tosses the microphone at Darius, pissing off the man from LA as he sits there, grabbing his arm, and Brian Toogood rolls out of the ring. Brian Toogood shouts “Future Champ, right here!” and antagonizes the crowd as he stands on the entrance-way, big smirk and all, as the show goes off the air.

@Jonny Nostradamus
@Impactsona
@Patriot Pants
@King Of Armageddon
@The Reagmaster

Here it is, a Birthday edition of Primetime! Thanks to Reag and Jonny for their input in the segment we had, and thanks to the rest of ya. Episode 3 sign up thread is coming tomorrow after my work. LET'S GET TOWARDS DECLARATION MY FRIENDS IN PHILLY!