Live NXT Stand & Deliver Discussion Thread - Saturday April 6th 2024

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf

HBK: “I do know if you give us at NXT the opportunity to work with you, I think we can get you at least a hell of a lot closer to your goals and what you want to accomplish out of this business than anybody else. Whether it's AEW, whether it's Japan, TNA, go around the globe.”​

HBK is the cool one - he always seems level headed and complimentary of other companies and workers. Who would have thought 20 years ago HBK would end up the nice one.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac

HBK: “I do know if you give us at NXT the opportunity to work with you, I think we can get you at least a hell of a lot closer to your goals and what you want to accomplish out of this business than anybody else. Whether it's AEW, whether it's Japan, TNA, go around the globe.”​

HBK is the cool one - he always seems level headed and complimentary of other companies and workers. Who would have thought 20 years ago HBK would end up the nice one.
its-always-sunny-in-philadelphia-charlie-dau.gif

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
full quote

At the NXT Stand & Deliver press conference (via WrestlingNews), Shawn Michaels was asked if there was anyone at AEW who he would welcome to NXT.

"I always go back, I would take darn near anybody. I can't say specifically because I think there is so much talent there. I don't know everybody's situation; the last thing I want to do is get anyone in trouble. A lot of guys that used to be at NXT are up there that I've always loved. I don't get the opportunity to get to watch as much as I would like to, but I know that I love working with young talent, especially when I get to know them and I understand their passion and desire. Until I know what your desire is in this business, it's hard for me to say whether you're the one I'm going to work really hard for. It's become so personal to me on that level. There are certainly people I see from a talent standpoint that you do, 'Oh my goodness, they have a great deal of ability, what if we got a chance to work with them? I think we could do something special with them. We got Shawn Spears, he's a guy I worked with a little bit in NXT before he got called up and eventually left, but I always liked him because I always thought he was a formidable, secure, professional dude that could give you anything you ask for. We enjoy working with darn near anybody and trying to make them better than what they were doing before. Whether it's coming out of college or with another promotion. If you give us at NXT an opportunity to work with you, I think we can get you closer to your goals and what you want to accomplish than anybody else. That's what we do and we work hard at doing that. Whether it's AEW, Japan, TNA, go around the globe. I'm excited about NXT having the opportunity to make anybody's career better than what they are currently doing and allow them to have the opportunity to enjoy weekends like we're about to have," he said.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Don't see me going into AEW threads to laugh at Tony Khan for making Edge do that cringey rah rah promo or post his actual tweet thanking people for watching and saying how much it meant to him today......

I mean what kind of person spouts opinions on things he doean't actually watch?

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
I'm sorry you feel that way bud

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Not gonna poison this thread with infighting though, so I'm afraid you will have to find another dance partner this time :loveislouder

Reactions: Kross Rhodes

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Go cry in your CM Punk thread.

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Seems like you're having some issues today, I'm very sorry to hear that.

Maybe this solution will help:
1.PNG

If you click on my name here, you will get three buttons.

Click on ignore.

Doing so will enable you to not see my posts, since they seem to offend you greatly, I would highly suggest doing that.

Hope this helps!

Regards,

Canadian Dragon :)

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
This ppv card is pretty lit, looking forward to catching the highlights tomorrow!

Kross Rhodes

Israel Has the Right to Exist
Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
Go cry in your CM Punk thread.
Can we refrain the unnecessary attempts at baiting when Jeff isn’t being antagonistic with you.

He’s not even being negative on NXT. Praised its Booker in fact. So not sure why the hostility.

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
yeah I was saying HBK is awesome and that considering his past, I would have never guessed out of all the clique guys he'd be the most wholesome and the best teacher. Certainly was not meant as a shot or negative.

I called out some of the HHH quotes but judging by the online discourse elsewhere I'm hardly the first or last person who raised his eyebrow at them. I even added a lol on that post to ensure that I was more rolling my eyes at em than anything.

If people don't like the comments I made, it's perfectly fine. I ain't gonna be baited into throwing shit on the walls though, it's the biggest weekend in wrestling there's so much cool shit to talk about

Kross Rhodes

Israel Has the Right to Exist
Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
I don’t even mind the hunter quotes if we’re referring to the comments he made about the free agents that he didn’t sign. I think on one hand, Hunter and Tony having different views on the business as well makes them alternatives to each other so I like the fact that they don’t think the same way. And then on the other, I think, the reason why Hunter feels that way is that that’s the business he grew up in. Everyone did it that way back then. In order to make money you had to run houses and they typically ran like 200 and like 50 houses a year, not counting TV or pay-per-view.

It should also be taken to Account that Shawn doesn’t have the same responsibilities that Hunter does as far as running the main roster that runs those houses so he can be a more pragmatic brand ambassador especially considering when you run developmental you often scouting people from those alternatives.

Reactions: #Waddles

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
I don’t even mind the hunter quotes if we’re referring to the comments he made about the free agents that he didn’t sign. I think on one hand, Hunter and Tony having different views on the business as well makes them alternatives to each other so I like the fact that they don’t think the same way. And then on the other, I think, the reason why Hunter feels that way is that that’s the business he grew up in. Everyone did it that way back then. In order to make money you had to run houses and they typically ran like 200 and like 50 houses a year, not counting TV or pay-per-view.

It should also be taken to Account that Shawn doesn’t have the same responsibilities that Hunter does as far as running the main roster that runs those houses so he can be a more pragmatic brand ambassador especially considering when you run developmental you often scouting people from those alternatives.
to me, the hunter stuff was very small pee pee energy like the guy at the bar who got rejected by a hot chick and says he didn't wanna fuck her anyways.

Completely agree with your assessment that both places have different mantras and mission statements, I feel like he come off very poorly with his wording and arrogance, however.

HBK's humble and positive nature is much more my speed.

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
basically I feel like Hunter punches down a lot and it comes off pretty bad to me