Mafia 2020 official awards ceremony

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Welcome to the WS Mafia 2020 Awards Ceremony

Tweet and myself would like to thank everyone for taking the time to vote! We ended getting quite a good amount of people voting which was great.
2020 was indeed a weird year, and the mafia section wasn't spared it's claws.
Fortunately, we persevered, and albeit a bit later than usual, without further delay...
HERE ARE YOUR WINNERS!
Let's congratulate everyone and have a bit of fun here.

Newcomer of the year

This aware is pretty self explanatory, the best new player who started their career in 2020

0 surprise there! Reasons will become clear as awards continue as well. Congratulations Chris!

---

WS Favorite Host 2020

3 front runner this year, with a few new hosts even making a dent. But for the first time in a few years, we have a new winner!

With a multitude of player favorites, Odo takes the mantle over from Smark in 2020 ending a 2 year streak. Barry had some votes, and even newcomer host @Lethal Banks made a splash with a few bangers included the beloved Jurassic Park mafia. Congratulations Odo!

---

WS Most Underated Player

You don't get no respect around here I tell ya! No respect at all! Once again, 2020 has brought us a new winner! From 2019 newcomer of the year candidate to....

Just edging out Alco, Haza is out new 2020 underated player of the year. Congrats Haza!

---

WS Most Improved Player

Similar to last year, we had a lot of candidates, as many players took great strides to work on their game. Tight race, but only one emerged victorious.

Jeff takes the award by one vote. After finishing runner up in newcomer of the year in 2019, Jeff finished 3rd in ranking overall. Congratulations Jeff. Don't get too high on yourself... :slip:

---

Best Overall Town Performance

This town made scum it's bitch! Took them to suplex city. And threw them in the trash. This award is for the best town team of the year.

Heroes Mafia by Smark

What is this? Town won a smark game? Impossibru! In fact TWO, yes TWO Smark games were one by town in 2020, and this was a dominant performance by town who used skill and theme knowledge to crush scum into submission. Congratulations to the winners!

---

Best Scum Team

You were the scummiest scums that ever scummed in 2020. You lied, stole and cheated town at every opportunity, spinning webs and kicking them off cliffs. This award is for the best scum team of 2020.

A worthy winner indeed! This made town very very angry, and simply were always in control of the narrative. Congratulation to the team!

---
Best Post-Game

This award is for the game that created the most buzz and conversation once the game was over. This one was obvious!

Tiger King by @Hamilton

You literally changed the game son! Congrats!

---

NEG TIME!!!!!

---

Most Over-rated

You act like your shit don't stink, but you're not as good as you (or people) think. You likely act like your Goku when you're more like Krillin.

Well earned, no one thinks more of you than...well you! You may have won most improved, but you still act way too high and mighty for your skill level. Get your ass in check you wanker! Congratulations on picking up the mantle Jeff.

---

Worst Town Performance

As a team, you may have made a mistake on that one...Maybe a lot of mistakes...Maybe even all the mistakes. This wasn't a good day at the office for town, regardless of scums actions, you were BAD.

Music Mafia 2 by @Tweet

Perhaps @Tweet could do a supplemental write-up for this award. I don't particularly remember it, but considering what it beat out, it was a considerable beat-down. Congratulations to the losers!

---

Worst Mafia Team

Quite frankly, your team shat the bed. The stench of scum off you was just too strong from the get go, and town feasted upon your mistakes. This award is for the scum team that was not the most excellent...

Not too much more needs to be said. 3/4 of the team was caught on day 2, the indy got converted to town on n1 and the game ended in like 3 or 4 days tops. Congratulations to the "winners"!

---

Worst Game of the Year
aka

THE TIGER KING AWARD
@Hamilton
No spoiler needed, no description needed. You crushed our souls and won our hearts. YOU WIN

---

Worst fake claim

Ah the fine art of the fake claim. A good scum players best weapon. And sometimes...their detriment. Sometimes, you get tongue tied...This is for the worst fake claim of the year

A TIE

For the first time today, we have a tie. The tie is between @Raidokken forgetting what a gravedigger does and getting lynched. The other was @Doddsy and @PHEN0M claiming lovers as scum mates. Unfortunately Doddsy got shot at night and Phenom didn't die...OOPS! Congratulations you three!

---

Worst individual play

Way to go dummy, you didn't think that one through did you? Yup, it's that time again. Someone did something not super smart, usually costing the game to their alignment. Lots of candidates, but only one can suck the most!

@Jeff Valley Driver daykills a towny instead of claimed sk , go to lylo

It's no surprise Jeff is bad at lylo math, it's a trend. All your shots were awful and selfish that game. SHAME! Way to go dumbass!

---

Worst Player of the Year

You were not the best. In fact, you were the worst. You probably smell like a butt.

Player is probably generous. You never really played a game and made a pass at Lethal. Good stuff :heston

---

Biggest meltdown 2020

TEARS! WHINING! QUITTING! You know what time it is bitches. It's time for the one and only biggest meltdown award for the biggest crybaby meltdown of the year

another tie

We have another tie. Personally I thought it should have been a landslide, but the people have spoken. We have a tie between @Raidokken melting down in the glorious game of 3 kingdoms for many days including in game, and the legendary I WILL SLAP YOUR wife by yours truly @Jeff Valley Driver . I DEMAND A RECOUNT! Congratulations to both.

---

BIGGEST SHOCK of the year

NANI?!??!??!?! What the hell was that? How did this happen? This award of for the biggest SHOCK in 2020

@CHRISTOPHER win from 8/1 in his first time as scum

Yup. That happened. After Jeff shat the bed on d1 and got magic killed too, you were in a bind. But you didn't give up, you hung in there, and you FUCKING WON. No one will ever forget your performance here. For one game, you were a god amongst men. Congratulations Chris!

---

LOL Moment of the year

You made us laugh and cry in the best possible way. Comedy soothes the soul, and you gave us that. This award is for funniest moment in 2020.

@Lethal Banks has faith the right outcome will prevail...by leaving his vote on a towny in lylo

:heston I fucking love you @Lethal Banks Congrats!

---

Game of the Year

Moving on to some meaty awards. And let's start with a big one. This award represents excellence in hosting. It represents the best game voted on by everyone, with parameters such as role balancing, hosting quality, role mechanics, creativity and theme. This year, we were all in agreement, one game stood head and shoulders above the rest.

@Odo 's NORSE mafia

A surprise to no one this should be. For myself, it was the single best game I've ever played. From theme, role mechanics, host execution and flow of game, this had it all. Anyone who wants a template at how a good game should be run, the buck stops here. Congratulations Odo!

---

Best Individual Performance

Sometimes you need a team. Sometimes you ARE the team. This award goes to the player who took his team on his back and forced himself to a win.

Once again, Chris grabs a trophy for his incredible 8-1 comeback as scum. No much more needs to be said other than YOU ROCK! Congrats Chris.

---

TOWNIE OF THE YEAR

Time for the BIG THREE. We start of with best town player of the year. This award is for the best detective, town leader and scum destroyer of them all. This year we had a player who simply refused to let scum off the hook every game. His name is...

Bolstering an impressive day 1 read count and town mvp/hm trophies out the ass, you took scum to the fucking cleaners all year. The people agree, no one could stop you as town, and scum feared you. You are the town master of 2020. Congratulations Odo!

---

SCUM OF THE YEAR

Next up, we have the opposite, Scum player of the year. This one was highly contested, some people valued more indicidual performances, some rankings, and some others voted for consistency. Ultimately, there could only be one...

Accurate, you are literally a slimy bastard, and you seem to NEVER draw town. ever. You never really fuck up anything, and everyone loves to be scum with you. Congratulations Doddsy!

---

Player of the Year

This is it, the big one. You are simply the BEST. This award is for the best of the best, the cream of the crop, the biggest shlong on the table. In the rankings, in the game, and voted by your peers, you represent EXCELLENCE in mafia in 2020. You are the GOLDEN GOD.

By an overwhelming number, and to no one's chagrin, Odo is the winner for 2020. With an incredible amount of awards, wins and points, Odo ruled the land as town (best town), host, and a very memorable indy performance. Absolutely earned and deserved. Congratulations to the BEST BOI @Odo !!!!

---

HOPE TO SEE YOU NEXT YEAR! CONGRATS TO ALL THE WINNERS AND GOOD LUCK IN 2021!

Last edited:

RDK

All glory to God
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wadebarrett
Favorite Sports Team
eZIPN8K
:reigns3

Kingmaker town got 0 votes

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
heroes makes a lot more sense lmao (i obviously read the line under, oops!). ill fix it one sec!

RDK

All glory to God
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wadebarrett
Favorite Sports Team
eZIPN8K
I refuse to be deprived of my 5th award of the night :garrett

CraigPelton

Dean of Greendale Community College / Pals Era Pioneer
Reaction score
Congratulations to all of the winners!

Showtime

Reaction score
I wish I could be as consistent as 4-1, no awards doddsy as scum. My one less loss as scum going 4-0 really hurt.

giphy.gif

Odo

Avert thine eyes
Reaction score
I congratulated you on your win?

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
I wish I could be as consistent as 4-1, no awards doddsy as scum. My one less loss as scum going 4-0 really hurt.

giphy.gif

paraphrasing: You should be happy with your own performance and not worry so much about the opinions of others.

source: MAGIC - last post game :)

Showtime

Reaction score
paraphrasing: You should be happy with your own performance and not worry so much about the opinions of others.

source: MAGIC - last post game :)

oh I know it's not even close, don't worry.

and magic from last post game is DEAD, shitting on people is the new way going forward, especially when winning as scum as apparently otherwise people forget. I'll make sure people remember their pathetic efforts going forward.

• Sad
Reactions: Canadian Dragon

Lethal

Tiffy Time
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
fnexxBT
Favorite Wrestler
SdPLF
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Favorite Sports Team
lJlFfto
Favorite Sports Team
pxAmCgn
Favorite Sports Team
detroitlions
Favorite Sports Team
LMoHyDQ
I'LL SLAP YOUR WIFE should've won in a landslide.

Worst scum team, lol moment (I truly did have faith it would prevail).

Chuffed to have received votes for most improved and for my games that I hosted.

Reactions: Canadian Dragon