Meanwhile in Japan: The Fracture

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Rosie

Dark Side
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
dJvrW4y
Favorite Wrestler
kevinsteen
Favorite Wrestler
Se3BZPQ
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Sports Team
2DciFqq
Favorite Sports Team
OQcgyMS
Favorite Sports Team
coloradoavalanche
Favorite Sports Team
vCLYUUD
IMG_6388_R.jpg

Sunday, July 30th:
Cosmic Joshi Wrestling in Yokohama, Japan

After a match on the show, we see three familiar faces to FWA fans as the members of YOKAI Death Squad make their way to an interview area, with a backdrop featuring CJW’s logo of a planet with its company’s name wrapped around it repeating with various sponsors. Katsu is in her ring gear, dawning MAYHEM black with trims of neon. Cali follows her, also having just finished a match, and on her shoulder is a championship belt not seen in person on FWA television, CJW’s tag team championship. Ririko follows them wearing a t-shirt branded with a big “M” logo on it with a rainbow trim. She has her own matching championship on her shoulder. Following them is a taller woman, standing near six feet tall, tall and slender with dark hair. Miss Fuka. Behind her, a bit shorter and stockier, dark hair with some light blonde trims, Miho Watase. Both of them are in gear with similar designs to Cali and Katsu.

“Well, glad to see your vacations in America didn’t let you slip.” Miss Fuka says, congratulating them in Japanese. “We got a win.”

“Though I could have done with that final blind tag, Watase…” Cali speaks in Japanese back to them. “I had it won already.”

“Sometimes it is better to be safe than make a mistake.”
Miho defends her choice. “It doesn’t matter who gets the pin as long as we win. That’s sound advice from a leader-”

“Stop it.”
Ririko speaks up. “Since Saori Suzuki has gotten injured, you have been non-stop calling yourself a leader. Then you’re trying to recruit members without us?”

Ririko points to Katsu.

“And you two have had issues with her splitting her time both here and in America for almost a year now. I have been in this group almost as long as you two, and I have seen so much improvement from Katsu in the past year, especially once she shed her old Vampyra look. She’s doing great in FWA and we’re doing well here. So what our success is spread between two companies? That is good for MAYHEM!”

“Or for YOKAI Death Squad…” Miss Fuka says. “Are you even MAYHEM anymore?”

“I’m wearing the t-shirt!” Ririko points to her shirt. “I can’t see myself in any other unit here!”

“Then why did-”

Ririko starts to shout at Miho and Fuka. Cali jumps in and all four ladies begin shouting at each other, mostly in Japanese, with Cali throwing in an English insult or two. Katsu steps in the middle. She is doing something she needed to do for some time, play peacemaker.

“Quiet!” She shouts. Taking deep breaths, she tries to calm herself down. “Please listen… I was going to talk about this in private with you, but that is not an option anymore.”

Turning to Miho and Fuka, she speaks, beginning to pour her heart out to them.

“I know I have not been here as much the past year. I am sorry. I got an amazing opportunity in America. I get to see the world and for its many ups and downs, I have grown so much as a competitor. But I would not have signed a contract if I was not allowed to also wrestle here… Because this place was my escape. This is forever my home promotion. I am also thankful to MAYHEM because you two, Ririko, Saori, saved me…”

She looks to Cali behind her.

“And Cali coming just completed this family.”

“What about YOKAI Death Squad?”
Miho presses Katsu. “YOU were the one who boldly declared in the ring that you three would essentially become a ‘sub-unit’ in us?”

“I- I saw it as a thank you to these two and to maybe give us a chance to grow together.”
She looks at Cali and Ririko. “We’re all around the same age. We sort of became the trio to beat here for nearly a year. We spent a lot of time as friends. I opened up to them more than anyone else-”

“And likewise for you.”
Cali says in English, showing a small grin and winking. Katsu smiles back.

“It was the culmination of a lot. We did not mean for it to replace MAYHEM. Just a team within it. So there it is. Just everything. So, I ask now, what has bothered you? Why are you like this? Why are you out trying to ‘recruit’ people without our input?”

The two people that YDS seem at odds with exchange glances. Katsu said a lot. Miho whispers in her tall friend’s ear and she nods. Watase steps forward.

“You want the truth?” Miho looks at Ririko and Cali… Specifically their tag championships. She shakes that thought from her head and looks at Katsu. “I was concerned with you going to America. I was concerned with us losing people. I’ve seen some people from this company get a taste of America and never return. Then the fact your friends seem to be appearing there now too, it’s been feeding that. I do not deny that your speech is passionate… I can’t shake what that would mean for MAYHEM…”

She points to herself and Miss Fuka. “A group we were recruited for day one. So yes. I found some others I feel can be potential replace-” She stops herself. Each of the three YDS ladies raise an eye. They caught what she said. But she moves on, “Recruits so that we may not lose strength if that would happen.”

All three members of YDS know what is up. Her intentions. But a small part of them want to hear what she has left to say.

“As for Saori Suzuki, poor Saori. I consider her a friend. I will always consider that. But I fear for her future. You know how many knee surgeries she has had? How beaten down is she? I don’t think I see the same killer instinct in her.”

Miss Fuka continues. “She’s going soft, physically and mentally. We’re worried she’s going to hang on too long past her prime and something bad can happen to her. Everything has changed so much for MAYHEM, and we want this stable to continue for years to come.”

“So yes, I call myself the acting leader because I want to show her I’m ready to lead now. I think it is time for her to step aside so that we can continue this group.”

“MAYHEM WITHOUT SAORI!?”
Cali shouts in English. “THAT’S HORSESHIT!”

Even without much of an understanding of English, Miss Fuka and Miho Watase get the jist of it.

“Why couldn’t you have talked to Saori Suzuki about this yourself!?” Katsu asks, increasingly annoyed.

“And she created this group! She created it after her first Unit was forced to disband! She is the heart and soul of this group!” Ririko defends the group’s injured leader. “And I heard you, you said you wanted to REPLACE us?!”

Miho Watase and Miss Fuka reel back. While the cameras were recording, more people are beginning to crowd around the argument.

“We aren’t going anywhere. YDS is part of MAYHEM!” Ririko stands by her friends. “And we are loyal to Saori! We don’t care how injured she is. Without her, there is no MAYHEM. And if she knew it was time to step away, we know she would do it right, and now, you’re doing it wrong!”

The time for being calm is over. All three members of YDS are furious. The thought of getting rid of a woman who mentored each of them and brought them together is too much.

“Maybe you’re right about one thing…” Katsu says. “Maybe it’s time for a change in MAYHEM? Because right now, you two don’t belong in this group.”

“I agree…”

Walking in from the side, the heavyweight bruiser, leader of MAYHEM, Saori Suzuki. She still has a knee brace on, but is able to walk without a crutch at long last. She has a t-shirt on branded with the company’s logo. Her short hair is spiked. She’s in a foul mood.

“You think I was not watching?” She scoffs. “Wrestling or not, I am always backstage. And for the record, I know I am injured and have had some struggles. It has been a rough year for me and I know my time as a wrestler is uncertain. But you think I have an ego to not let others in this group take the spotlight?”

Saori points to YDS. “These three young ladies have been working hard and have become champions here and in FWA, nearly bringing home another title in Mexico. These three are the future. I am happy for their success, not jealous. So should you two.”

Getting in the face of Miho Watase, she looks at someone she trusted for the longest time. Anger bubbles to the surface as she grits her teeth.

“Looking at you… I know you changed. Not for the better. The woman I brought in first into MAYHEM is gone. You and Miss Fuka have become a cancer to MAYHEM. Now, we cut you out… You two are officially out of MAYHEM…”

All three members of YOKAI Death Squad exchange surprised glances. Did she just kick them out? I mean, they’re obviously in support of it, but that has never happened before. Miho Watase and Miss Fuka blink, surprised Saori had the guts to stand up to them and kick them out. But… something changes.

They seem to be taking the news well. A small smirk appears on the face of Miho and Fuka.

“Well, that’s unfortunate.” Miss Fuka says sarcastically.

“So I guess it is time for our backup plan…”

Miho Watase backs up. Rushing from behind are three ladies in hoodies and they each smack the members of YOKAI Death Squad in the back of the head and quickly take Saori out by her injured knee.

Their hoods fly open as they stomp down on the CJW Tag Team Champions, Katsu, and Saori. It’s the faces of the three ladies that Miho Watase ‘personally recruited.’ With a half mask on, YUNA, a woman who has fought YDS before multiple times in trios actions. A woman of Japanese descent with black lipstick on and a wild look in her eyes, Nanae Noa. She had recently returned from a two year hiatus from wrestling. Then, a non-Japanese woman with black hair and a white streak in it, Ashley Wilde.

Security attempts to rush in but the five women gang up on them, taking them out as well. The camera man even falls over. Miho Watase finally orders her new allies to stop as she and Miss Fuka pick up Cali and Ririko’s championship belts off the ground. Miho kneels over her former stablemates.

“I had a feeling you would not like our plans. But that’s okay. We three will be Ladies of Virtue for COSMIC, bringing in a higher vision. We’ll become greater than MAYHEM or YDS. Miss Fuka and I will start with these.”

“We’ll prevent these championships from becoming ‘part-time’ championships.” Miss Fuka continues on. “And it will be a burden off your shoulders so you can focus on what you REALLY want. See you soon, old friends.”

Miho Watase and Fuka throw the championships on the ground at the feet of their holders. Finally extra security and staff appear to check on the members of MAYHEM. Saori Suzuki grabs her knee in pain as her pupils have a concerned look on their faces as they come to. But, at least they know where their true allies lie. Katsu pats Saori’s hand, consoling her as doctors check on her knee. But now-

The battle lines have been drawn.

SPOILER_CJWTagTeamChampionships.png