Meltdown XXI & Fallout 021 || Promo Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Daddy Deville

Big D Energy
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dJvrW4y
Favorite Wrestler
iHVgAJe
Favorite Wrestler
eIHNFff
Favorite Wrestler
6SLLEQr
Favorite Wrestler
flCHARR
Favorite Wrestler
hasWyGM
Favorite Sports Team
buffalosabres
Favorite Sports Team
3lUNnUV
Favorite Sports Team
K12LIMS
Favorite Sports Team
T5Zw0Si
"Requiem For A Dreamer"
tumblr_mjuco4bgDA1qcnjxvo1_500.gif

…In an instant, Gabrielle is back in her death bed, a broken and lonely old woman, though she manages a smile now.

“I regret not loving myself more. I regret not making the most of the opportunities before me. I held a Golden Opportunity once, and I could have held it again. Oh how I regret not making amends and holding it a second time…”

A single tear rolls down her cheek before the storied and once revered life of Gabrielle Montgomery comes to an end...

…But death just takes everyone’s existence to another plane…

The old woman awakens in this place of bright light, and nothing else. No landscape, no trees, no scenery, no other people. Nothing. Is this hell? An eternity spent alone. Did she not already suffer enough in her life? Where are her loved ones that should greet the former Goddess in the afterlife? Did she even have any?

It's lonely, she’s lonelier than she ever has been before. Her tragic life and the emptiness she endured for those last several decades pale in comparison to whatever this is. The start of forever spent here, alone. Gabrielle had failed to make amends for her career. A second chance at the Golden Opportunity unfulfilled. The first one out, the first one who’s hopes were dashed. In the seconds before her death that moment had become so pivotal in her memories. A moment where perhaps she could have turned the rest of her life around.

Too much of her thirties was spent chasing any kind of success, any kind of glory, any kind of moment to justify her existence, that never came.

The briefest of stints as a Tag Team Champion alongside Kayden Knox wasn’t enough. The woman who had previously twice held the World Title for almost a full year wasn’t able to hold the Tag Team Titles longer than a month.

The ‘reality’ that she’s going to be stuck here for eternity with these thoughts brings her down to her knees. This frail old lonely woman, the last person you’d ever pick to be who Gabrielle becomes. But her failures to find lasting love, her failures to reclaim past glories, her failures to live up to the standards that being the Caramel Coated Goddess had set, broke her as the decades passed on by.

But then an instant she’s not alone. She’s surrounded by three young women. Are they angels? Are they demons? Well that all depends on who you ask. Who was Gabrielle in her youth? The Goddess, or the Devil in disguise?

So these three women with the caramel skin tones surrounding her could be either, or could be nothing. They could be a figment of her imagination as her last few synapses die. What they could be, is the Past, our Present, and the Broken of Gabrielle.

The ethereal Goddess who had mocked this dying old woman in the moments before her passing. The Executive who had tried to recapture her old glories with a return of Excellence. And the woman who crumbled under the weight of her own expectations and became Broken.

Is this her life flashing before her eyes (again?). Are these visages of her younger selves here to take her to heaven, or to hell? Is this her final moment to reflect upon just where it all went wrong for her? Where she started to punish herself for her own failings and closed herself off to the World. Is this a chance at redemption (again)?

Is this just the Gods themselves mocking her one final time? Does it even matter what it is?

No. She needs this. This frail old, lonely woman NEEDS this. Even if their first words to her are so cruel.

Goddess Gabrielle: You…I become you! You actually let me turn into this! How pathetic.

Executive Gabrielle: If I had of known this is where I wound up, I would have tried harder. I would have fought so much harder to not become you!

Broken Gabrielle: …I should have done us all a favour and jumped off that bridge. I should have killed us before we became ‘this’.

There’s a disturbing moment of silent agreement between the three younger visions of Gabrielle. Those haunting words from a Gabrielle whose mental health had snapped lingering in the air far too long. The other two not wanting to break the importance of those words. An earlier death would be preferable to seeing just how miserable their life becomes.

But still somewhere deep, deep in her belly is that fire and passion that had once made her great. Deep within the old woman there remains some kind of spark. Being so looked down upon by these three is not something she can accept just lying down.

Old Gabrielle: You’re blaming me? You three are blaming me for this. This is all on you three. Look at you Goddess. You think you’re so great, so perfect, so untouchable…

Indeed she does. The Goddess version of Gabrielle carries herself exactly like that. A smug grin that never wavers. Looking down her nose at everyone else. Her skin is blemish free, perfect even. Her figure is to die for, her every movement, her every breathe is calculated and purposeful. She exists to tantalize and distract all who gaze upon her. It was her greatest tool, her signature weapon.

Old Gabrielle: You deceived us, you lied to me. You made us all think we were so great. You made me spend the rest of my life chasing what you had achieved. I, no we all spent the rest of our days trying to become you again. But you had convinced us that you did everything you had accomplished on your own. That all those men who constantly had your back, and all those men who put you on your back were irrelevant. I spent so many years thinking I was good enough to recapture everything you had done.

But I didn’t want to sleep around with every guy who smiled at me. I didn’t want to have to rely on all those people constantly helping me. You made me think I could do it myself because thats what you told yourself even as you’d let referees put you on all fours in exchange for them counting your pinfalls a little bit quicker…

The youngest Gabrielle just rolls her eyes. She doesn’t care. She’s the version of Gabrielle that every other Gabrielle strived to be after all. She did it all and then some. She still has a Legacy of being a great Goddess.

Old Gabrielle: You were a lie. Smoke and mirrors. A deception that made my life so much harder. Everything you did made everyone else look down on us. Even those who said they loved us could never truly trust us or be there for us. You’re no better than me, you are me oh Goddess. Everything you did and it meant nothing in the end.

The Goddess still doesn’t care. After all, she’s but a distant memory. Her life was perfect, her life was carefree. Her life was one of excess, gluttony, carnal sin, devilish delights, and everything else she could ever desire.

Old Gabrielle: As for you…this was our solution huh? Things weren’t going so well for us, so we cozied up to Danny Toner again, toyed with Rupert Watkins, and brought back Executive Excellence. One final attempt to recapture what we used to be.

The old woman has turned her attention to the eldest of the three Gabrielle’s now. The ‘Executive’. That poise and confidence is largely gone. More of a sneer upon her face as she glares at her elder, presumably now dead self. This Gabrielle is trying so hard to be what she once was, but just can’t commit to it. A revealing outfit, accentuated by a pair of black leather gloves and messy hair. Does she want to be a Warrior or to be the Goddess reborn? The truth is the Executive became lost in who she was and had just absent-mindedly chased…something.

Old Gabrielle: This was the best you could possibly come up with? Falling back into old habits, relying on other people to do our dirty work. We wanted to be better than this, didn’t we? But it just wasn’t to be. Danny, Kayden and Mike they were our last hope. I remember how much faith we put in them, how much we were relying on them to get us what we had been chasing.

I wish we were stronger than that, but I understand why you had to do this to us. Why you had to bring Executive Excellence back. The last time the name Gabrielle truly meant something and was truly special was when Executive Excellence was around. It didn’t really work out for us though did it. You needed to have more belief in yourself. I’ve been plagued by images and memories of my life, and its all been so empty for so long…because you gave up on us.

The Executive just shakes her head. She’s not looking at her older self, almost refusing to acknowledge her and the truth she’s speaking. So Gabrielle just moves her attention to the third image of herself.

Old Woman: Why couldn’t you just talk to Alyster?

Broken Gabrielle. The woman who felt so empty and defeated that she almost took her own life. The woman who thought she had nothing left. The woman who gave up on herself completely and saw no purpose or meaning to her life. The woman who found herself with nothing in her life, a sad glimpse into what is the end of her life.

Old Woman: We lost to Davey and it broke us. It really did break us.

The room falls silent. Even the Goddess seems hurt at acknowledging just how low Broken Gabrielle was. She was a shell of everything everyone knew about Gabrielle. Throwing away the life she had built up for herself. Alienating herself from her family and friends. Choosing to punish herself by living in squalor and misery.

Old Woman: The Goddess may have created this false image of who we all were and what we were capable of. But you…Broken Gabrielle, you are were this life I had to endure truly began. You gave up on us and we never ever truly recovered. We never stopped ourselves, never quite silenced those voices that told us we’re old, washed up, terrible, useless, and worthless. I never got past being you. Everyone moved on from the chapter of our lives known as Broken Gabrielle. 2021 became 2022 but we never really recovered.

You don’t need to be standing here in front of me, because I still am you. We never got better. We tried too, we wanted too. We leaned on Alyster and he made things better for a while, but the failures kept coming and we turned on him. We tried to rely on Executive Excellence…but we all remember how that ended up. The failures kept coming and couldn’t be tolerated.

She casts her attention back toward the Executive for a moment.

Old Woman: God! Remember that Golden Opportunity we were so utterly terrible in? That YOU were in. Three members of Executive Excellence but you were eliminated first and from there the numbers game wasn’t enough and despite having half the field in the match we couldn’t win.

Her gaze turns back to the Broken one.

Old Woman: I could never recover from being you. Why couldn’t you just have turned to our family in those darkest moments? Maybe they could have saved me from suffering decades of nothingness and dying alone…

Silence befalls this quartet of Gabrielle’s from different periods of her life. Reflecting upon everything the woman they all inevitably become has said. Broken Gabrielle looks even more defeated, the Executive looks hopeless…but the Goddess, she seems oblivious. Life was too good for her, nothing can bring her down.

The Goddess: It is not we who are to be judged…you old hag…

So she brings all of this back on track. For this, whatever this is has a meaning, has a purpose. These ghosts of herself are here to take Gabrielle somewhere in the moments after her death. So the Goddess turns on her heels and without saying a word the others follow her through an expansive nothingness of white. Just white and light as far as the eye can see, where could they possibly be going right now?

But then suddenly, somehow in this empty World, there’s something before them. A large structure stand’s before Gabrielle and her ‘guides’. A structure with six large black staircases that lead up to seats overlooking and surrounding her. As she takes in this strange area, whatever it is it feels cold, it feels unnatural. It feels like she’s been brought here to be judged, to be executed, to be cast aside or cast out. It feels like nothing good can happen to her here. As her younger selves stand around her silently, gazing upon her footsteps pulls her attention away. The silhouettes of four men are approaching them. As they get closer, rapidly so she can see that it's none other than Kayden Knox. A man she had confided in, and in a way loved as a friend who knew her trauma and her pain is approaching her. He’s older, much, much older now. Has he died too? Was Bad Reputation somehow so linked together that 50 years later they both passed away at the same time? Like her, Kayden is not alone, being led by three other out-of-sight figures who she couldn’t quite make out, they looked as though they were apparitions of a mirage in the desert. This doesn’t feel like a happy reunion though, at least not yet. Kayden looks as tired and worn out as Gabrielle imagines herself to look.

But then suddenly he doesn’t. As he closes in those last few steps between them she can see that Kayden was as she last remembered him and always as she used to remember him. She can see her own reflection in his eyes and she’s younger too now. A spitting image of the ‘Executive behind her, only with the wisdom of knowing where the failures of the Executive lead. The pair just stare at one another, not knowing what too say. It has been so very long since they last saw each other, not since ‘that’ night 50-odd years ago. Kayden just like her, is flanked by three images of himself. Sterling Jagger, The Afflicted, and The Suit. The faint smell of whiskey starts to permeate the room, emanating from Kayden, the elder Kayden.

The six guides, the six haunting reminders of who they were, the six Demons or Angels, the six visions of all that these two were, are and could have been huddle around each other. Their whispers carried throughout the white space. Gabrielle couldn’t make out what exactly was said but she heard the phrases “under trial”,and “found guilty”. Gabi leans over to Kayden asking what is going on. Their reunion in death all these years later a confusing one. She hears nothing from him for what seems like an eternity until the six start to make their way up the staircases to each of their respective seats. It is then that Kayden leans over and whispers to Gabi.

Kayden Knox: Judgement.

The first words Kayden says gives a chill up her spine as she tries to ask another question to Kayden, but a loud bang echoes through the white space and stops her. A gavel being slammed down into a benchtop as the three younger Gabrielles and Kaydens tower over them.

The Executive: The two of you have been brought in front of this council to stand trial.

The Suit: How do you plea?

This would come from the versions of Gabi & Kayden that looked more like their Bad Reputation versions of one another. Youthful, hopeful but pained. While the Kayden and Gabi that they speak too look so similar, their faces still bear the weight of decades having passed since. As Gabrielle looks for the right words to say, trying to understand what she would be pleading to, what she is on trial for Kayden intervenes.

Kayden Knox: What crimes do you think we have committed?

The Afflicted version of Kayden Knox on the far right shouts in anger.

The Afflicted: You know what you did. You know what you have DONE.

The Sterling Jagger version of Kayden on the far left laughs to himself joyously as he twist’s his mustache between his fingers. A steely gaze in his eyes as he glares at what he becomes.

Sterling: The two of you couldn’t keep it up. So much promise, so much potential. Kayden…Gabi and I should have been fireworks together. But you two blew it…and not in the fun way.

The Executive Excellence version of Kayden and Gabi start to speak again, taking control of the conversation.

The Executive: The two of you were lead astray by your own doubts. You became complacent and in the end you two have become so very weak. This weakness that oozes from the both of you continued to lead you down the road of failure long after Bad Reputation was a distant memory. Long after Executive Excellence 4.0 had come to an end. The two of you failed so many times that a pattern occurred. One that you could not escape from. A Pattern that drowned you both…that drowned all of us.

The Executive gestures around this space. The four versions of Gabrielle, the four versions of Kayden all crumbled. All were Broken and miserable. The Goddess and Sterling may try to hold their heads high and feel above this fate, but it is still their fate as well to die alone and in turn be mocked and judged by themselves.

The Executive: Did the two of you ever wonder what could of happened if you had beaten Aka & Cole? You indulged the vices of the good life allowing yourselves to be enticed by the money, the power, and the fame. You see because the two of you should have risen above it. You should have been able to lean on one another to balance.

The Suit: Two same sides of a different coin.

This catches Kayden off guard, before his attention shifts towards Gabi, staring at her by his side. She though seems unable to meet his gaze in turn. Not yet at least.

The Suit: The two of you for whatever reason, seemed to lose all trust in one another. You got to the top and it was like that was enough. Kayden we struggled for so long for a purpose, for an identity, for success. We were in this World surrounded by great Champions and we so desperately wanted to be just like them, to be one of them. Was a brief reign as X Champion and a shirt run as Tag Team Champion really enough for you?

The Executive: And what of you Gabrielle? Putting all your hopes into Executive Excellence taking you back to the top, and you got lazy. Thinking that all you had to do was surround yourself with those people and glory would follow. You blame the Goddess for setting forth such lofty expectations, but she never sat back and let everyone else win her matches for her. Remember how hard we worked to even get into that first Mile High match?

Silence. The words of these Executive Excellence / Bad Reputation ‘memories’ just left to hang in the air, weighing heavily over Gabrielle and Kayden.

The Suit: Both so consumed by your failures, so focused upon yourselves that you missed what the other one was enduring.

The Executive: You should have been there for each other.

Broken Gabrielle: Why weren’t you there for me Kayden?

The Afflicted: Why weren’t you there for me Gabrielle?

Silence. Neither of them quite knows how to answer. What happened between happened. But before then they had started to drift apart. Started to rely on each other less and less. For Gabrielle, Kayden was meant to be like so many others before him and help her get everything she wanted. Though their relationship was different, non-sexual and in Kayden she had seen someone who shares her pains and fears. For Kayden, Gabrielle was meant to be a Mentor of sorts. She had achieved everything he wanted. He could learn from her, and she could help him through his fears and his pains.

The Executive: It was all going so well until those two, Aka and Cole got the better of us the first time.

The Suit: That is undeniably where Bad Reputation started to fall apart…

The Executive: That month we were Tag Team Champions was everything I had been needing for years.

The Suit: But it didn’t last, and it took such a toll upon us.

Gabrielle and Kayden have heard enough. They know all of this far too well. And in reality, they’ve both had these conversations with themselves before. They’ve both blamed themselves for their failures and what their lives became. This is nothing new for either of them. A tired moment of self-destruction and self-loathing.

Something different happens here though.

Gabrielle: He wasn’t the man I thought he was. He dragged me down.

Her venomous words are directed at Kayden beside her. But he’s not even shocked, he was thinking the same thing.

Kayden Knox: She deceived me. I thought I was getting a Goddess, but she was nothing like what I thought she was.

Silence. It needed to be said.

Sterling: Enough. This bickering is what does us in. This lack of faith in each other is what means I endure everything I do, I TURN MY LIFE AROUND, and defeat my Demons…only to be consumed by them again.

The Goddess: This bickering ruins my life. I become everything that all me doubters claimed I was because you two give up on each other.

Broken Gabrielle: Kayden did you see what became of Gabrielle?

The Afflicted: Gabrielle did you see what became of Kayden?

Kayden and Gabrielle share a glance for a moment. Those words they’ve each put out there still ring in their ears. But less and less as the reality of where both of their lives went sinks in. Gabrielle had heard many, many years ago where Kayden ended up. Kayden in turn many, many years ago had watched what Gabrielle was reduced too.

And now they’ll each get to see exactly what becomes of the other one. Those chapters of their own lives they’ve tried to hide even from themselves.

In an instant, the white nothingness that is this landscape morphs around them both. Gabrielle is sent in one direction with the three versions of Kayden. While he in turn is sent in the opposite direction with the visages of Gabrielle.

The World around Gabrielle starts to take shape, a large building towering over her. It looks clinical and drab. Just a large grey box housing people. The words ‘Northstar Mental Hospital’ jumping out at her above the main entrance.

Gabrielle: This is where Kayden ends up…

Indeed it is. Gabrielle had meant so much to Kayden. She was a light in his World. This beautiful, talented woman that understood him on every level. Without her in his life he had slipped back into old habits and ended up here.

The three Kayden’s then take Gabrielle inside, down several halls past nurses, doctors and various patients who look utterly lost and broken. Finally, they get to Kayden Knox. Peering in through the small window in the door and he’s just sitting there on his bed, a blank, vacant expression upon his face. He looks like a man with nothing left, a man with no purpose, no reason for getting up in the morning. This is his life now.

Wake up, take some pills, sit on his bed, take some more pills, go to sleep.

Gabrielle steps inside with the Afflicted following her in.

The Afflicted: I thought I was past all of this. I thought I had found something in life to get me away from this sort of life. I knew for so very long that this is exactly where I would end up. So I changed, I bettered myself, I found small things to fight for, and then bigger things. I found you Gabrielle and I felt like this was no longer my destiny. I felt like I could actually be someone who mattered.

Bad Reputation meant that I could leave my reputation behind. We both had these reputations we wanted to leave behind. To move on from. But neither of us seemed truly able too. We just slipped back into old habits the second things got tough and weren’t going our way anymore. You liked me didn’t you Gabi?

This afflicted version of Kayden standing before the man he becomes and the woman he had let into his life thinking she would be his rock, his foundation seems lost for a moment. A couple of tears running down his face at the reality that he never escaped this fate, and its worse than he ever imagined.

Gabrielle: Of course I did. There were times where you meant the absolute World to me. We saved each other at what was up till then our lowest points. We could have saved each other from this fate. What I did…what you became, what I became. We didn’t deserve that. We were never perfect Kayden but we both deserved better than our fates.

Kayden Knox who has just sat there unmoving, with needle marks all over his arms actually seems to respond to the presence of Gabrielle now. Glancing up at her with a warm smile.

Gabrielle: You deserved so much better than this, and being friends with me made you see this life you could have. The money, the power, and the fame meant so much to you Kayden, and to me. It was everything I ever wanted. Everything you ever wanted and needed.

It's a sweet moment, for just a moment. Then the walls start to melt and the smile on Kayden’s face turns much more sinister. The Afflicted is whisked away, banished from here as Kayden rises up off his bed and comes face to face with Gabrielle.

Kayden Knox: You put me in this hell. You showed me a life I wanted so badly and then you took it away from me. You claimed to be my friend but you just wanted to use me. I was meant to prop up your career. So when things didn’t go our way you lost interest and gave up on me so quickly. You put me here, you cast me aside, you doomed me.

Why weren’t you better? Why didn’t you carry me up to the heights you had been? Instead, you rested on me and demanded that I do all of the work, and it broke me, it put me here. Your failures destroyed me, Gabrielle.

Gabi listens to the words that were said as she does she notices the sound of broken glass as it shatters around her. The room starts to fade away into the darkness as the glass falls around her.

Kayden is led by the three Gabi’s to a glass-like structure where through it he could see an old run-down building with graffiti sprayed on either side of it. There was a woman in a black hoodie jacket standing outside a doorway. The face was covered, and her body and the curves of her hips seem familiar to Kayden. He turns to the three Gabi’s as then Broken Gabrielle would step forward grabbing Kayden’s hand and touching the glass. The shattered pieces fell like raindrops over them. The glass didn’t hurt them. No instead, it turned into a different world. The other Gabi’s fading away, Kayden and Broken Gabrielle were now the only two left. Broken Gabrielle's hands started to shake for a moment as she then pointed across the street.

Broken Gabrielle: The third floor is where she will be.

Kayden Knox: Where are we?

Broken Gabrielle:

She simply points once again to the building. Kayden made his way across the street and started to walk up the stairs to the third floor. He finally gets to the floor and as he does he notices the hooded mystery woman once again. She was standing outside a door. She knocks on it and a few moments go by until a man steps out. The man had a black leather jacket very similar to that of Kayden’s back in the day, with black sunglasses that he pushed to the bridge of his nose.

???: You here for the audition? Come on in…

They walk through the door but, it was left with a crack as Kayden approached it. He started to try and open the door and noticed he couldn’t budge it. Kayden hears a whisper as Broken Gabrielle once again appears behind him.

Broken Gabrielle: Just watch.

Kayden turns to her as he does she once more vanishes. Kayden watches through the crack of the door to the conversation.

???: So Gabrielle Montgomery, I can’t believe we finally were able to convince you to star in this production.

Kayden can now see the face of the woman is that of Gabrielle Montgomery. She is looking tired her once beautiful face is now damaged. She has crow's feet under her eyes. Her hair is a mess of dead ends and it looks unclean. She is wearing heavy black makeup around her eyes. She has black lipstick as she talks back to the man.

Gabi: You can just call me Gabi.

This wasn’t a confident or even a lively response. She wasn’t even looking him in the eyes. This response was different than anything Kayden had seen from her before. This was timid, this was submissive. This wasn’t the Gabrielle Montgomery that Kayden Knox knew. This was beyond broken, this was desperation. It was just then that Kayden clinched his eyes and saw Gabi was on a couch, not just any ordinary couch; It was the couch. Kayden wanted to close his eyes as the bright lights shined down on the Caramel Goddess. She would undress and her eyes pierced into the door as the red light of a camcorder turned on. Kayden couldn’t watch turning his head in disgust as the sounds echoed throughout the floor. Kayden saw Broken Gabrielle appear again smoking a cig as Kayden walked to her.

Kayden Knox: What the fuck is that! Gabi, she…. you … would never do that.

She cuts him off as she takes a drag from her cig.

Broken Gabrielle: You see Kayden when we started to come into each other's lives. You and I both were in two very dark places. You had been dealing with the endings of The Affliction. You also were trying to turn a new leaf. The thing though is that there was a light in our darkest days in one another. What do you think would happen if that night we didn’t end up on that same bus?

Kayden runs his hands through his hair and then notices a spot on his wrist.

Kayden Knox: I know, that I felt alone. I felt that everything I was doing was nothing. That it was meaningless. I felt like I was just going through the motions.

Broken Gabrielle: How do you think I felt? I had every judgemental eyes on me. I had everything I ever wanted taken from me. I was broken… and I wasn’t far off from those same thoughts in your own head. You never strayed, you never gave a damn what those people thought of me. So tell me why do you care now? Why do you care about what people think of me? Is it because we are a team and what I do well somehow reflect you?

The sound of Gabi can be heard moaning through the door as Kayden walks down the stairway. When he does though he realizes he is on the same floor again the moans our louder.

Broken Gabrielle: Don’t you know that this is all I am good at? Don’t you know this is the only thing I can’t fail.

The door cracks a little more open as Gabi is seen face down on the couch her backside up as the sound of moans intense. You then hear the sound of it finishing as the red recording light fades and a demoralized Gabi is on her knees. Gabi stares at Kayden through the door as money is thrown at her. Broken Gabrielle appears she is staring down at Kayden as he has fallen to the ground curled up.

Broken Gabrielle: You did this, no matter what way the outcome became this is your fault Kayden. You should of never given me false hope. You should of never given me light. That was cruel that was a fate far worst than death. You give someone hope, you even give it to them for a second to just take it all away that is hell.

The room starts to crack and shattered all around them pieces of broken glass from the floor go off until there is nothing. There just in the empty dark was Broken Gabrielle & Kayden Knox. The two of them not saying a word. There is another glass shatter as Kayden sees the present Gabrielle coming back from her venture. Kayden and Gabi stare at one another through the glass and as they touch it shattered down the middle before hitting the ground. You can then see spread out across the floor different each other in each one of the glass pieces.

Last edited:

Doc Sulliday

Isn't that a daisy?
Reaction score
Favorite Sports Team
XifccX1
Favorite Sports Team
RRzOmtg
Favorite Sports Team
Aed870G
Favorite Sports Team
OEOhb9u
Voodoo Doll

1667789420963.png

The clock on the wall. It's the only thing that can be heard in the silent old church, abandoned long ago and yet still inhabited. Now it's only visitors are two sisters...The Ravenwood sisters. Blair and Celestia had been there for about a week now. It was the perfect spot for them really. It was old, dark, dingy, and best of all quiet. Overall the perfect place for the two sisters to scheme, plot, and plan.

Inside the church, there was what you would expect. Church pews, most of them broken or worn down. An altar, an organ, and a ton of cobwebs...although it was likely those weren't there when the church was at its peak. Then there were some objects that didn't typically belong in a church. A cauldron, a spellbook, a jar filled with toad legs...

Notably, missing from the wall of the church was a cross. It had been taken down by Celestia shortly after the two girls claimed the church for themselves. It now sits facing the corner and out of view. There is some tension in the air as Blair and Celestia have not said a word to one another. Blair is tediously sewing away at something, while Celestia is just watching her do it.

Finally, Celestia breaks her silence.

Celestia Ravenwood: Which one are you making first, sister?

Blair looks at her sister and smiles.

Blair Ravenwood: Roderick.

Celestia giggles.

Celestia Ravenwood: I had a feeling that's who it was! I could tell by that ugly looking hair you sewed on top!

Blair Ravenwood: Hey, it was quite the mission to get this hair! Do you know the sneaking around I had to do.

Celestia Ravenwood: You are quite good at sneaking around.

Blair Ravenwood: And how about you? Did you get what we needed from del Circo?

Celestia holds up a little bag with what look to be tiny pubic hairs.

Blair gives her a look of disgust.

Celestia Ravenwood: What? You didn't specify what hairs to get!

Blair rolls her eyes at her sister.

Blair Ravenwood: I'm putting them the head still.

Celestia Ravenwood: You might as well, it's very fitting for him!

Blair Ravenwood: Celestia, you don't understand, these voodoo dolls need to be perfect. One little mistake and the entire spell won't work!

Celestia gives her sister a look of annoyance. It doesn't go unnoticed, as Blair's expression turns sour as well.

Blair Ravenwood: What? Do you have something to say?

Celestia stays quiet for a moment, as if she's pondering whether it's worth starting something, but she decides to say something anyway.

Celestia Ravenwood: It's just...honestly, I don't know why we even need to use these Voodoo Dolls anyway. Don't you think we could take these two rookies on our own? I mean, we already have FWA experience. We competed on Ground Zero...these guys? They're fresh.

Blair Ravenwood: Exactly, Blair...exactly. We don't know them...we don't know what they're capable of. It's better safe than sorry, and with Kleio...

Celestia Ravenwood: That's another thing, Blair...why won't you let me talk to Kleio! Where is our Queen? You keep telling me that she's doing important work, but you won't tell me where she is!

Blair stays silent for a minute...she thinks about her next words carefully, but then she decides to change the subject.

Blair Ravenwood: We need to focus on our match.

Blair picks up the Roderick Vasyl voodoo doll as she finishes up the final touches. She looks at her work in admiration. She rubs her painted red nails along the doll as she smiles, slowly rubbing her fingers across the doll's knee.

Blair Ravenwood: You know, Sister, it would be a tragedy if...during our match...Roderick were to tear his ACL for a second team?

Blair twists the doll's leg, nearly crunching it up in her hand.

Celestia lets out an evil laugh, as she continues to work on her our MDC doll.

Blair Ravenwood: A little boy he is. Just 24 years young, and what does he have to show for it? A life of trauma and despair? Our queen, Kleio, has overcome far more adversity. If she were able to fight, she would crush him with just her fist.

And with that, Blair squeezes the Roderick Doll's head in her hand.

Meanwhile, Celestia is just putting the finishing touches on her doll. Sewing the last of, what appear to be MDC's pubic hairs, onto the doll's head. Celestia seems proud of the doll she's created. The tiny little hairs poke up out of the doll's home made mask, one that looks just like one MDC would wear.

Celestia Ravenwood: I have to say sister, your doll is a lot more interesting than mine is. At least Roderick has some personality to him. I mean sure, Kleio already did the whole life filled with trauma, living on the streets thing already, so he's sort of a copy cat...but at least he has personality! My doll...he's got nothing! Oh look, another luchador with a mask. And...that's it. That's his story.

Blair yawns.

Blair Ravenwood: HOW BORING!

Celestia Ravenwood: Win or lose sister, one thing is for sure...we have more flair, more personality, and more power than either of these two clowns. And...and...if Kleio comes, they won't stand a chance. She'll summon the wendigo, and have them sucked into the underworld...forced to be slaves of Lilleth for all of eternity!

Celestia begins to cackle, but Blair doesn't. Blair tightens up when Celestia mentions Kleio again.

And Celestia definitely noticed it too. The younger sister gives her sister a concerned look, but soon that look turns to anger.

Celestia Ravenwood: Blair, I am sick and tired of you treating me like the kid sister. I am not a kid anymore..you and I are sisters, and partners, and we are in this together. I deserve to know what you and our Witch Queen are planning. You cannot keep pushing me out of the loop! And if you do, I'll...I'll track down the Queen myself, and I'll make her get me more involved!

You do not get to keep being the boss of every little thing we do!

I let you choose the spells. I let you plan tricks...with the voodoo dolls, and the rituals...but you have to talk to me.

How are we going to be a team in that ring, when we can't even talk like sisters?

Celestia finishes her rant.

Blair doesn't respond. Instead she looks down at the ground...

Celestia doesn't stop however. She is insistant to figure it out.

Celestia Ravenwood: BLAIR! TELL ME WHERE KLEIO IS! I haven't talked to her since Back in Business...since she went into that hospital. I deserve to know!

Blair finally shouts back.

Blair Ravenwood: I don't know where she is! Alright? I don't know. We were with her at the hospital, after Back in Business...and the last time you saw her was the last time I saw her. After she got transferred back to Miami, I...I lost her.

Celestia seems stunned. All this time and Blair didn't know either.

Celestia Ravenwood: You lost her? How did you lose her?

Blair Ravenwood: I don't know. I checked the hospitals, I checked the hotels...I checked everywhere. She just...she vanished. And I don't know if she's ok or not. She had a concussion Blair, a pretty bad one...she might not even know who she is, or where she is. But...I promise you, we're going to find her. In the mean time, please...just...let's focus on what we're doing.

Celestia nods at her sister.

She then picks up the MDC Doll, and wraps her hand around it's neck.

Celestia Ravenwood: First...we take care of these two. And then...we find Kleio.

Blair smiles at her sister, and then pokes a sharp pin through the head of the Roderick Doll.

The two girls share a cackle. But behind it, the worry and tension is there. Their witch queen is missing, and without her they are powerless.

SupineSnake

FREE PALESTINE
Reaction score
The Reunification of a Fractured Heart
Part I: Hope

View attachment 32473

We’re a week removed from Lights Out. One week since Danny Toner delivered the final blow to end the Alyster Black/Danny Toner rivalry. A week since two souls who were bound together and destined to fight forever were put to rest.

The loser of the war was more than heartbroken. It’d been a week since he’d seen sunlight, and longer still until he would again. Inside the ring in New Orleans Alyster Black didn’t just lose the most important match of his life, he lost a part of himself. A most crucial aspect of his very being that was responsible for keeping the engine running. In its absence the machine that was Alyster Black has ground to a halt and is left to rot inside his San Dimas domicile.

A domicile where one Violet Dreyer finds herself in the early mornings of the weekend before Fallout. The typically sunny and warm San Dimas is cold this early. Enough where Violet’s breath takes shape. The Australian native is in no mood to endure this hardship, it’s bad enough that she’s awake this early but to be forced to endure the cold is unforgivable. Especially in her current state. Still hurt, barely able to walk. Relying on the use of crutches to remain upright and having a tremendously difficult time breathing.

"Being here is better than being in that hospital." She thought to herself as she raised one of her metallic crutches high and began slamming it against Alyster Black’s front door.

The obnoxious banging was followed by a long and awkward silence. The punk sighed before raising the crutch once more and banging even harder. The exertion caused her tremendous pain and she was infuriated when her efforts weren’t rewarded.

Violet pressed her ear against the door. Nothing. No footsteps, no yelling to wait a moment, not even the sound of snoring. Dead silence, it was all he’d shown to the world for the past week, and all he’d shown to those who were closest to him.

He was home, she knew he was home. His car was right fucking there. The asshole was ignoring her. "How fucking dare he!" She moved away from the porch, looking up at the second floor at the window she assumed belonged to his bedroom.

“Hey asshole! What the fuck?!” She screamed and was met with further silence. “God damn it Alyster! Let me in cunt!”

Not only did she have to make the effort to come out and see him, but he had the audacity to ignore her once she’d arrived. Violet was steaming, it was one thing to ignore her texts and phone calls, she could forgive that considering his situation. But this was too much.

“You fucking bitch!” She screamed again, lucky that Alyster’s home was situated far enough away from any neighbours to disturb them. “People lose matches all the time. I lose all the time. You don’t see me hiding away from the world like a goddamned man-child.”

She turned around in frustration, slowly approaching Alyster’s car. A nondescript black sedan. Alyster wasn’t much of a car guy, as long as it had four wheels and air conditioning he was happy. But even the least caring car-owner would mind what Violet was about to do.

Once she’d finished smashing in his tailight she turned back to his window to scream some more, “I just fucked up your car loser! You still gonna wallow in there and ignore me? Huh?”

Five minutes passed, apparently he was in fact just going to wallow in self-pity and ignore her. After all she’d done for him, after everything she’d had to endure in his name, this is how he repays her?

“Bastard.” She whispered to herself, “Danny Toner goes full psycho because of you and takes it out on me. I get to sit in a hospital for a few weeks recovering and you don’t even have the decency to beat that fucker.” The volume of her voice slowly rose during her rant.

“I get laid up in a hospital bed, bored out of my mind while you get to fly out to New Orleans and main event on live pay-per-view.”

She kicked at a loose stone on his driveway, attempting to send it through a nearby window but instead lost her footing and took a flat back bump on the concrete. Gasping for air, which was made all the more difficult thanks to the freezing cold morning temperature, she stared at the mostly grey sky above and swore.

“FUCK!”

Violet gritted her teeth and sighed in frustration before turning over onto her front and crawling to the front porch. She sat up against the raised step and pulled out her phone to call a cab which would rescue her from having to endure Alyster Black’s bullshit anymore.

It was his fault that she was hurt.

"Fuck him."

She turned her head back up to the window. “What are you going to do? Miss the entire F1? You’re one of the favourites to win you fucking idiot! You have another chance to get back at Danny “Goddamn Fucking Asshole” Toner! Don’t piss away an opportunity that someone like me would literally die for!”

She really would, someone like Violet Dreyer would sell her soul for a chance to enter something like the F1, and as far as the outside world could tell, Alyster Black may possibly be throwing away his chance to compete.

It’s circulated through every wrestling news outlet, the absence of Alyster Black following Lights Out. There’s been no media appearances, no comments, and leaks from within the FWA organisation show that higher ups in the company, namely Jon Russnow and Cal Robinson, have little faith that Alyster Black will actually participate in the tournament.
The rumour mill was proving to be true, and this frustrated Violet Dreyer more than any perceived lack of revenge on Alyster’s part for her ever could.

~~~~~~~~

The curtains were drawn closed, barely a speck of light entered the dark bedroom of FWA’s X Champion. A common misconception of depression is that those suffering are in a state of constant sadness. Whilst this is partially true another symptom is a lack of emotion.

Alyster Black laid awake in his bed, staring at the ceiling up above, unfeeling, uncaring. His body had acclimated to the nagging physical pain that lingered from Lights Out. Numb, it described Alyster to a T. He didn’t care to leave this bed, he didn’t care to shower, to eat, to drink. He hadn’t bothered answering his phone and had neglected it for so long that it’d run out of charge. He was now unreachable.

It was easy to ignore the commotion outside, he simply didn’t care to attend to it. He didn’t care about anything anymore. He was a failure, an abject failure. Every promise he’d made was a lie. The foundation of his very being was flawed. His world was crumbling around him.

Wrestling? It was a fool’s errand. Who was he to think that he could be a world champion? That he could ever be considered “the best”? That distinction is saved for those with talent, not bums who had no business even stepping in the ring.

Chris Kennedy, Michelle von Horrowitz, Devin Golden, Nova Diamond, Jon Snowmantashi, Cyrus Truth… even Danny Toner. These were real gladiators, these were real wrestlers who were worthy of main eventing. Alyster Black had no business looking at the world championship, let alone challenging for it. Danny Toner made damn sure of that.

So Alyster laid in bed, staring at the ceiling, broken inside. The sound of breaking glass didn’t alarm him. He continued to lay down and stare above. The loud shrieking of a woman outside, hurling abuse his way, didn’t bother him at all. He paid no attention to it. What she was saying was probably right anyway. Who was he to argue with her?

She definitely said something about the F1 Climax. What was the use? It’s not like he could overcome the odds. Every other gladiator in his block deserved to win more than he did. They were better wrestlers. Danny, Mike, Michelle, Tommy and Caesar. Who the fuck was Alyster Black to think that he had a shot in hell of even winning a match let alone the tournament? And the big prize, another shot at Danny Toner that he would fuck up.

He didn’t deserve it. He didn’t deserve the adulation of the fans. He didn’t deserve to become some sort of hero to them. He was incapable of beating Danny. He was incapable of overcoming Executive Excellence. He didn’t deserve to become World Champion. He didn’t even deserve to be X Champion.

He was a liar and a failure. His claims that the X Championship was the real World Championship was false, disproved twice by Danny.

He deserved to rot in this room for the remainder of his days.

Turning over onto his side, he clutched his pillow. Turning it horizontal and hugging it tight. He closed his eyes in a desperate attempt to sleep. He hadn’t slept in days. While he was awake he had to endure existence, in his slumber he was spared this pain, or lack thereof.

Sleep wouldn’t come to Alyster Black. Just like with the FWA World Championship, he was unworthy of slumber. If he was capable of feeling anything he would likely be frustrated right now, or perhaps he’d cry. He was unsure that he could cry anymore. The days following Lights Out were spent mostly crying. His pillow, the case of which had been unchanged since before he flew out to New Orleans, was covered in tear stains. Perhaps Alyster had cried all the tears he was capable of crying for the remainder of his pathetic existence.

It was a disturbing thought to be sure, at least it would disturb the masked man if he was still capable of feeling disturbed. The shrieking outside surly wasn’t capable of disturbing him. Nor was the smell of burning wood.

"Burning wood?" Alyster raised his head up and scanned his bedroom. Sure enough there it was, smoke rising from the wooden floorboards at the foot of his bed. Perhaps Violet Dreyer was attempting to smoke him out. The joke was on her, he didn’t care to leave his room, nor did he care if he perished in a hellish inferno. Alyster had long suspected that he was hellbound and this was a sure sign that he was.

He laid his head back on the pillow and closed his eyes. Maybe fate would show him some mercy and let him get in a few minutes of shuteye before the smoke inhalation, or blazing inferno, did its job.

“You know, you have got to be the most sensitive wrestler in FWA history. I mean just look at you.” A deep, resonating voice sung out. Smooth and honey-like, not unlike that of the late Alan Rickman. “Have you no shame? Honestly, how many times have you ended up in this situation? At least a dozen since you made your return to professional fighting.”

Alyster’s head rose groggily. Standing at the foot of his bed was almost incomprehensible. It was man shaped but lacked all detail. Smooth all over, yet appeared to be on fire, the creature shone bright but didn’t illuminate the room around it. Alyster sat up further, looking at the creature’s feet. Around it was a flaming circle. Was this some sort of demon? Had Alyster finally passed on to the next plane of existence?

“I know what you’re thinking. No, you’re not dead, and no, I’m not a demon. Not that you care, right?”

It was right, he didn’t really care. He was incapable of caring. A divine looking creature appeared from out of nowhere and Alyster Black felt nothing. That’s how dire his situation had become.

“Are you really going to just lay there and ignore me?” The creature was becoming impatient, its tone snapped from alert and boisterous to low and almost threatening. “I’m a creature beyond comprehension Alyster. You can’t just lay there and hope I’ll go away. It’s not how this works. Aren’t you even the least bit curious as to what I am or what I want?”

The silence was long and awkward, and frustrating enough for the creature that it raised its hands and snapped its fingers. At the sound of the snap Alyster Black pillow was consumed in an inferno, the fire beginning at the bottom of the pillow and spreading over the remainder of it. The fire didn’t burn, nor did it leave any residue. The pillow simply vanished. This was enough to snap Alyster’s attention.

“Alright…what are you and what do you want?” His voice was monotone, lacking all semblance of spirit. His passion had been sucked dry and he was a husk of a man.

“Firstly, I want you up and out of bed. I want you showered and I want you to brush your teeth because frankly you stink and a creature of my stature should not have to put up with your nauseating human stench.”

It had a good point, of course Alyster didn’t care about the creature, especially by how offended it was by him simply existing.

“If you don’t like it then there’s the door.” He weakly raises his hand, not even bothering to fully extend his index finger as he points toward the general direction of the door.

“Now that simply won’t do.” The creature tutted then snapped its fingers once more. A blinding flash consumed Alyster and in an instant he found himself submerged under water.

Darkness surrounded the X Champion. There was nary a speck of light to guide Alyster from his predicament. He had no way of knowing which direction would lead to his salvation.

It's said that drowning is one of the more peaceful ways to go. Once you let go and allow the water to fill your lungs, you simply drift off. It sounded like a more fitting ending for Alyster Black than meeting his end inside a wrestling ring.

When he opened his mouth and breathed in the water he was left in a state of bewilderment. He was not drowning, nor was he breathing, or suffocating. He was comfortable. It was an odd experience, indescribable. How does one convey the feeling of not-breathing and not-suffocating at the same time?

He flapped his arms and tried to swim but had no way of even knowing if he was moving. Such was the power of complete darkness. Alyster pondered his lack of sight for a moment, he had no way of knowing if that flash of light that brought him here had blinded him or not. For all he knew his vision had been stolen from him and he was in fact in a well illuminated space.

What he did know for sure was that his feeling of touch was still intact. As he waved his arms he could feel a soapy lather begin to cover his naked flesh. The more he moved around the more it seemed to cover his body, until he was completely consumed. Once the outside of his skin was covered the lathering began to move inward, filling his mouth and spreading throughout his insides.

In another bright flash of all consuming light Alyster found himself back inside his bedroom, fully dressed and cleaned. His hair freshly cut, his beard shaved, and feeling cleaner than he had had before in his life.

His room was equally cleaned. The blinds were drawn open. The floor was immaculate, piles of clothes that had been carelessly discarded all over were gone, assumed cleaned and put away. His bed sheets had been changed. The smell of death permeating had dissipated. If Alyster was capable of caring he might have cracked a smile at the quick turnaround.

“Much better, just one more touch.” The creature approached, holding out a pine scented air freshener. You know the kind, pine tree shaped, the sort you hang from your rearview mirror. The creature fastened it around Alyster’s neck.

“What did you do to me?” Alyster felt uneasy, his legs wobbled and a knee buckled. He fell over, grabbing the edge of his bed to keep from hitting the floor.

“I sent you off for a deep soul cleansing. In your state it’s not going to do much for your soul, on account of your lack of one, but it still does wonders for the physical body.”

“Soul cleanser? I thought you said you weren’t a demon.”

“Oh heavens no. Nor am I an angel. I’ve no affiliation with the afterlife. I deal with the metaphysical, we’ve met before Mr. Black. Don’t you recall?”

Alyster shook his head.

“I’m sure it’ll come back to you eventually. For now we’ve a matter of grave importance to discuss.”

“Sure, whatever.”
Alyster steadied himself, but felt bothered by having to stand and instead decided to sit down on the edge of his bed. The creature tutted for a moment, believing that Alyster may lay down yet again but was content with him simply sitting.

“Your enthusiasm is comforting.” The creature remarked as it took a seat beside Alyster. It leaned forward, resting its elbows on his thighs, hands crossed over, slouched. The creature turned its expressionless face toward Alyster and continued, “It’s not entirely your fault that you’re like this at the moment. This isn’t some normal grieving period. We all know how those usually go for you. A few days locked in here, spending time alone, lamenting your bad luck. You’d normally never allow your loved ones to worry about you like they are now. Violet’s calls wouldn’t go unanswered, and if he was still alive neither would Krash’s.”

“Uh-huh.”
Alyster sounded bored, of course he wasn’t bored. Boredom was reserved for those capable of feeling anything. Alyster lacked all feeling. He was broken inside.

“You see, it’s your heart.”

“My heart’s fine, Dr. Smith checked it after my match against Danny.”

“Not that heart. Don’t you pay attention? I deal in the metaphysical. I’m talking about the concept of heart. You know, that thing that keeps you swinging?”

“Oh. Well I guess my heart is broken.”

“That’s an understatement if I’ve ever heard one. It’s more serious than that though, your heart isn’t just broken. It’s missing. Usually a broken heart sits inside someone until they fix it. But you my friend, well, yours is lost.”

“Danny took my heart?”
Alyster sighed, “Bummer.”

The creature shot up to its feet. “No, Danny didn’t take your heart. You lost it in your pursuit of the World Championship.” It clapped a hand on Alyster’s shoulder, “You threw everything you had at Danny Toner and the World Championship, everything. And you lost the most important piece of yourself in the process. Your heart was more than just broken, it was fractured and scattered. Lost to other worlds. Fortunately for you, I’m here to guide you in restoring your heart.”

Alyster weakly slapped the creature’s hand from his shoulder. “That’s cool and all but it’s hardly something I care about. So what if my heart is gone, I don’t need it. It’s not like I’m ever going to be able to come back from losing to Danny. It’s not like I’m ever going to win a match again.”

Shaking its head in pity, the creature squatted down, meeting Alyster at his eye-level. “Your heart was broken into five pieces, and I’m going to help you restore them all. Everything that is Alyster Black depends on it. You’ve got a good thing going Aly, you’ve finally arrived. Losing to Danny on a coin flip was your first step toward immortality. Toward Godhood. You can’t abandon the path.”

Alyster didn’t respond. He simply turned away and slowly fell down, laying back down on his side. Staring out the window at the grey skies of San Dimas.

“This is a lot to take in, especially for someone lacking what you are. Why don’t you just sleep on it? You could use the rest.”

Before he could even reply the creature snapped its fingers and Alyster was pulled into a deep slumber. One that had been eluding him for ages.

~~~~~~~~

A lush green field greeted Alyster Black. Adorned with a perfect blue sky, a small,refreshing lake, and plenty of tall trees whose shade were begging to be rested in. It was perfect, a slice of heaven. Alyster walked slowly, weighed down by two golden belts that shone so brightly that the eye could barely stand to look at them. Alyster couldn’t help but to steal the occasional glance. Over the blood stained face plate of the FWA X Championship, and then over the freshly polished faceplate of the FWA World Championship. The nameplate of both belts bore his name. They were his and his alone.

He found a shady spot, overlooking the lake. Laying down in the grass with both championship belts at each side. Alyster was content. This could be his final resting place. There was no need to die in the ring, or to die in a blazing inferno. Drowning was not a preferable way to go. This was it. The end of his journey, adorned with the very gold he had devoted his life to obtaining.

Everything felt right.

“This beats rotting away in self-pity doesn’t it?” That warm British accented voice rang out. “And you’d throw away a chance to obtain this peace?”

The creature stepped out from behind the tree, leaning against the strong trunk with its arms crossed over its chest.

“The first fragment of your heart that we’ll restore is the most important. It’s hope. Do you know why hope is so important?”

“It drives me.”

“Very good. Hope keeps you going when all else fails. Hope is the base for all dreams. Without hope then this little slice of heaven is unfathomable.”

Alyster took a deep breath, he reached out by his right and rubbed the palm of his hand over the FWA World Championship, every crevice, every embellishment, every jewel was distinct. It was perfect. “I want it. I want this. I want it so badly. I need it.”

The masked man muttered under his breath, repeating his last sentiment over and over again.

The creature snapped its fingers and the World Championship disappeared in a puff of smoke. The masked man groaned in pain, a pain that felt unnatural, it did not belong in this plane of existence.

“If you even think you’ve a hope in hell of obtaining it then you’d better embrace the journey. Let me lead you to the promised land. It all begins with restoring your hope, it all begins with Mike Parr.”

Alyster looked up at the fiery figure with anger permeating from the very depths of his being. For the first time in weeks Alyster actually felt something, loss, anger. But it was only for a brief moment. He returned to his blank expressionless demeanour and spoke in a monotone voice. “Mike Parr?”

“Mike is the embodiment of hope in the FWA. Don’t you agree?”

The masked man nodded his head, he supposed that was true. “Who has more hope than Mike Parr?” He pondered aloud, “No matter what happens to him, Mike always bounces back. Every loss is quickly brushed aside and eventually rectified.”

“Exactly. Mike has challenged for that beautiful championship belt more times than you can count. And not once has Mike ever fallen as hard as you have in failure. When things go wrong for Mike Parr he recollects himself and continues onward. His will is indomitable. His hope is never ending, it will burn for all eternity.”

“So I just have to beat Mike Parr and I will restore my hope?”

“Oh Alyster, this isn’t just about winning and losing. All you have to do is understand Mike Parr. Understand what keeps him going when so many others in similar circumstances have stumbled and fallen from the path. The likes of Randy Ramon, Krash, Chris Kennedy. These so called greats, their hope has died out, that’s why they’re gone. Mike Parr persists no matter what. His hope burns bright. All you need to do is get close enough to reignite yours. And from there we can work on restoring the rest of your heart.”

“That makes sense.”

“Everything makes sense in a dream.”

~~~~~~~~

Alyster awoke. Laying on his side, clutching his pillow to his chest. The same pillow as before, covered in tear stains. His nose flared, a stench permeated the room. When he raised his head and examined his surroundings all he could see was darkness, the blinds were still drawn shut.

The sound of screaming could still be heard outside. Alyster hopped up to his feet and made the long trek downstairs to the front door.

Hoping to contain his modesty he picked up a dirty robe from the floor by his bedroom door and put it on.

Violet Dreyer shrieked when the front door of Alyster’s home swung open.

“Hey.” Alyster greeted her in a monotone voice. “Sorry about that. I hope you’ll forgive me.”

A voice echoed through his head, "Ha, nice one."

- Fin

Rosie

Dark Side
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
dJvrW4y
Favorite Wrestler
kevinsteen
Favorite Wrestler
Se3BZPQ
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Sports Team
2DciFqq
Favorite Sports Team
OQcgyMS
Favorite Sports Team
coloradoavalanche
Favorite Sports Team
vCLYUUD
Submitted Sunday November 6th at 11:45pm EST. For Vampyra vs Tommy Bedlam in the F1 Climaxx.

“Finding Your Inner Huntress”
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

w_1200.jpg

November 2nd, 2022

Hyde Park, London, UK
2:03 pm Local Time

At the future site of FWA’s hit show, Meltdown, we are having a bit of promotional work for the event to kick off a busy time for the company. Soon, a section of this scenic park will be replaced with a wrestling ring and stage, ready for some of wrestling’s most passionate fans. For now, all is peaceful on this brisk fall day under grey cloudy skies. Some of the green is beginning as the leaves on the trees are beginning to fall, showering the ground in a mix of red, yellow, and orange with brown. Near the beautiful huntress fountain, we see a bit of a photoshoot for FWA. The fountain provides a backdrop as its water is covered in a mix of fallen leaves. The golden huntress stands tall on top of the fountain. A group of photographers for FWA stands over the stone path, taking pictures of a wrestler standing in front of the water.

With her signature mask, showing a base black design with purple trim, and silver “Fangs,” we know her, Vampyra. Though her look is a touch unique for the photo shoot. Wearing a predominantly black dress, it has an almost heart-shaped design near the breast with a purple colour and black straps reaching along it. The hips of Vampyra are made more predominant with a corset that blends into the main colour of the dress with ribbons on it. The actual skirting of the dress opens wide, going down to her knees where we see leggings and black boots on her legs and feet. Her arms are covered with black lace sleeves, though her shoulders are bare apart from two straps. On her chest, we see a stunning necklace with purple and black gems, forming a heart. In her hand, a black lace parasol. As the camera crew takes photos of her, Vampyra switches between different poses, not at all unfamiliar to her, having done similar photoshoots for her home promotion in Japan.

Standing out a bit from the group of photographers, we see a girl who only stands at about five feet. Her skin has a light tan with a mix of some Asian descent, and she has a backwards ballcap on covering her black hair. She has a red jumper on her with jeans and she is enthusiastically taking photos with a black purse slung over her shoulder. Vampyra puts the parasol over her shoulder and does her Unit’s main “M” taunt before putting her finger up near the fang design of her mask. Here, she is in her element. There is no mistaking it. She is perfectly in the mindset of being Vampyra. Calm, cool, collected. After, a gentleman standing on the outside of the photographer wearing an FWA branded jacket claps his hands together. He has greying hair with a clean shaved face.

“Excellent work. I think we can take a break and submit these pictures to the social media team before we do some more with other wrestlers.” He approaches Vampyra who closes her parasol. “Once again, thank you so much for agreeing to this. Great look.”

Putting the parasol under her arm, Vampyra gives a small nod. “You would be surprised how much I have done photoshoots like this back in Japan. I suppose it is nothing muc-”

The short girl, unable to contain her glee, rushes over and tries to “correct” Vampyra. Her accent is slightly London influenced, though appears to have a mix of other influences.

“No, it is awesome! You look so cool!” Then she takes the parasol from Vampyra’s hand and puts it over her shoulder, trying to mimic Vampyra’s last pose. “You’re all like, ‘Look at me, I’m mysterious, I’m going to kill yo-”

Rolling her eyes, Vampyra takes the parasol back, a little annoyed, but she seems to brush it off quickly. The gentleman from FWA blinks. “I’m sorry, but why were you invited again?”

The new girl puts her hand on her hips and says, somewhat proudly. “Excuse me? I’m Vampyra’s new director!”

And Vampyra is quick to correct her. “No, Kimmy. I did not agree to that, yet.” Kimmy sighs, before Vampyra turns to the gentleman. “She is a friend of a friend. While I am in London, we agreed she can keep me company. She has an interest in filmmaking and photography so FWA let her join in this session today. My apologies if she is a bit much.

The gentleman looks at Kimmy before looking back at Vampyra before shrugging. “Works for me.” Then looks at Kimmy, “And a word of advice, missy, remember to take your medicine. It will do you some good. Take care, Vampyra.”

He turns around and walks towards the photographers to help them pack up and move. Kimmy sticks her tongue out at him before Vampyra and her “friend of a friend,” head down to sit on a bench. Vampyra folds her legs and Kimmy talks.

“You seemed to have calmed a lot from being the ‘bundle of nerves,’ Cali described you as feeling before you left.” Kimmy adds, “Even when I took you to the pub you were still a bit on edge.”

The masked wrestler looks around and talks, keeping to a whisper, “Well, you have to remember, here I am on stage, if you will. That is what FWA management sees me as. That is what viewers near-by see me. I wish to keep that image.”

Humming, Kimmy responds, “I know a lot of wrestlers are image conscious, but you take it to a whole new level. Does that have to do with the fact you’re a masked wrestler?”

Taking a few extra seconds to respond, Vampyra tries to find the right words, “In some ways, yes, but not exactly.” She points to her mask, “This mask and what it means was created over years of my work. The identity of Vampiress, or now, Vampyra, in a way is part of me. It was born from inside of me, became my spirit. It is certain traits of mine that come to life.” Then she folds her hands, “But yes, being masked does add pressure as I like the tradition to keep my name off of public record.”

“And yet you have posted a few maskless pictures on Twitter before or ones where you peek behind a mask and show part of your face.” Kimmy mentions it, but Vampyra chuckles.

“And yet each time I do, I censor it online. Because Cali vouched for you, you saw my face when you took me to a pub the night I arrived. But, I do not tell anyone my name or family name. Even the few who know I keep to a circle of people I trust. COSMIC management knows, select names in FWA management know. My friends in MAYHEM know, but they have the habit of not saying it.”

“Like how Cali calls me Cyber most of the time because of my username!” Kimmy tries to draw a personal connection and Vampyra touches her nose.

“It is like that in a way. Though more important. This is a name that is not a username online. It blends with who I am. A public persona. In the end, I value it.” She grabs her purse from Kimmy and paces it over her shoulder. Then we hear a vibrating sound from Kimmy’s pocket.

“Discord notification, again?” Vampyra chuckles.

Taking out her phone, Kimmy examines the notification. “No… Oh yeah, it is just Shake Meltzer’s breakdown of the F1 Climaxxx.” She turns to Vampyra. “Say, why aren’t you in it? You’d do great!”

The wrestler quickly dismisses the idea. “No no. It is not needed.”

“Aww. Come on!” She pats Vampyra on the back, “Not even at all a bit curious!?”

Vampyra takes a deep breath, stressing, “I won a briefcase where I have a match for the Television Championship soon. That right now is my focus and even if competing in a tournament like that would be an honour, I did not expect it truly when I have only had two matches in FWA.”

“Come on, where is the fun in that?” Kimmy tries to encourage her. “Don’t say that! You’ve been in the Comet GP before and that has like 20 people, not twelve.”

Vampyra corrects her, “I have been in it four times. My best showing wasn’t even a win.”

“It's hard to win! Your best was 6 wins! You can win your block with five wins!” Kimmy continues to press. “Why are you doubting yourself?”

Sighing, Vampyra stands up. “Walk with me. I will explain.” And Kimmy joins her as the two begin to walk through the picturesque park in the heart of London.

“When I decided to go to America, I expected that things would move slowly. Though I want competition, I did not expect to be in the conversation for a championship right away. But because of Cali, I took a leap forward to enter the Secular Spooktacular and I have a championship match.”

“Because, you’re good!” Kimmy encourages Vampyra more and Vampyra raises her finger, giving her a ‘one moment’ hand gesture, and she continues.

“It took some time for me to truly come into my own as a wrestler. I debuted with a mask, but Vampiress, or, Vampyra was not born until after. Then I was struggling for a long time to find out what being ‘Vampyra’ was about. I suppose that was because of how I entered wrestling. I entered at 15 years old and in Japan with the culture, you often do not really focus on yourself. We focus on the good of society. In school we were taught omoiyari, or to notice or think of others. But when I entered wrestling, I did it not to think of others, but myself. In a way, I was ashamed of it. I was scared of what others thought. I could have done something else to help others, but I did not.”

Looking down, Vampyra takes a deep breath, “That was because I had people who valued me for me. They value both the mask and the woman under it. They showed me what omoiyari really meant and Cali was not even born in Japan and she did that. They thought of me. They notice how I feel. They saved me. I nearly quit and I gave them that in return. I also realised how even being a wrestler can touch others. After I entered MAYHEM, I walked out for a match and saw in the front row, a little girl wearing a mask like mine for the first time.”

She turns to Kimmy and has a small grin, “I was taken back. I had to hide my face in case I cried tears of joy. I touched someone in their heart. If Vampyra is a symbol of strength and power to me, then maybe she is to that girl? Even if not everyone supports me, the fact there was even one, gave me strength. So I suppose I was content to not rush, show appreciation to those around me, and let my opportunity come with time.”

“That’s touching and all,” Kimmy then asks, “But what does this have to do with not wanting in the F1?”

“Well…” Vampya inhales, “I suppose I also never wanted to step too far too soon. Step in front of other people also deserving. I know that even with me stepping through the curtain as Vampyra, letting that spirit consume me, giving me strength I am not invincible.”

They turn a corner on the path and Vampyra continues on, seeing some of the FWA staff having a break and talking she motions towards them.

“In FWA, I did not want to rush. The process to become who I am has taken six years of wrestling. What would be a bit longer? There is a song we sing as kids in Japan called Umi, with lyrics saying ‘The ocean is so wide and big, I wish I could go see other countries.’ and I have opened up to that. But why dive when I am not ready? I prefer that way because it is what Vampyra does. What the Dark Huntress does. I wait. I am patient. I wait for when there is an opening in the shadows.”

Kimmy hums, she is getting the ‘Vampyra’ treatment, then, she gets a response. “Well, take what I say with a grain of salt here. I’m not a wrestler, just a fan-”

Vampyra quips, “Superfan,”

“-Yeah,” and the film student chuckles before explaining, “But where I am from, the only way to know if you are ready is to try. Maybe be patient, but if you fail you get back up. You won’t be in the F1, but I think you should keep an eye on it, maybe make that a goal for you next year, or at least the people in it. It’s the best of the best in FWA. You’re trying to become the FWA Television Champ too, you’re going to have to defend it against top people. Keep an eye on the tournament.”

Vampyra paces, putting her finger up against her cheek. “You may have a point…”

“And I think you’d be ready to at least give the people in that tournament a run for their money if you were in it.” Kimmy takes out her phone. “In fact… Let’s see the opinion of someone who knows better…” and she starts to text. Vampyra knows exactly what is up.

“You’re texting Cali? It is six in the morning where she lives!”

“And knowing her, she probably got up early to edit her stream highlights from two days ago. She was replaying Persona on her Halloween night stream and she usually rests a day after a big stream before getting a head-start on editing.”

Vampyra blinks.

“Why do you think that?”

“I told you, we’ve talked since we were kids. We know things even you don’t know about her.” And, sure enough, Kimmy gets a quick response. She holds her phone up to Vampyra. “SEE! She agrees you’d do great if you were in it!”

“So don’t sell yourself short.”
Kimmy puts her hand on her shoulders, “Keep an eye on it and maybe you’ll know what you’re up against as Television Champion. Like think of it, we have all the champions in FWA competing in it. There’s Cyrus Truth, Peacock, who won the Golden Opportunity and may just cash in at any time to shut up Danny Toner, Caesar is a former tag champ, Mike Parr was North American Champ.” And Kimmy hums, “Although lowkey I’m rooting for Tommy Bedlam.”

Vampyra raises an eyebrow, “Tommy. I saw his match with Randall. He has a fighting spirit. Interesting choice, though not out of the question.”

“I guess I have a soft spot. He’s had a real change of heart recently and he’s really on the rise. His match against Jason Randall was one of the biggest of his career and that isn’t even counting the fact he won the FWA Gauntlet Championship when that was around. Thinking about it,” She turns to Vampyra, “He almost reminds me of you in a way… Like not in a cowboy way. You were part of Sin-” Upon mentioning the name of her former stable, Vampyra stiffens, she doesn’t respond as Kimmy continues “-and they’re probably the most hated group in COSMIC, but when you went to MAYHEM you really started to rise in popularity and you’ve gotten better as a performer and person.”

“Right, I was not liked then…” Vampyra mutters… before brushing off her negative emotion, “But yes, I have grown a lot since then. I suppose it did not help that I was not even out of High School.”

“It’s just kind of interesting parallels. He even helped start a group before, Deathswitch Initiative. And of course, units are a pretty big thing in Japan and you created YOKAI Death Squad as a sub-group of MAYHEM.” Kimmy puts her hand on her chin, “Huh, now that I think of it, it is not a traditional dream match I’d think of, but it’d be interesting to see that match. Speaking of…” She lightly shakes Vampyra’s shoulder, “Uh, you against Aka WHEN!?”

Vampyra takes Kimmy’s hand off her shoulder, “Let’s not rush into dream matches. Aka Yurei is focused on her tag team pursuits and Bedlam is in the F1. Though I suppose he did beat the current Television Champion recently… Perhaps he’d be in line after the tournament?”

Motioning for Kimmy to continue following her around the park, Vampyra talks to her.

“If what you are saying is right, I suppose if I am to be a good champion, I need to keep a close eye on the F1 tournament. The predators of FWA are in the tournament and when I fight for the Television Championship, they will be hunting gold. Bedlam would be included. I need to live up to what the Vampyra name is. I need to be able to show it to the company. Truthfully, to many, I am still a ghost. My sample size is too limited. It will not be enough to beat Sawyer. I need to show I am ready to fight the very best in FWA.” Then, she sighs, “But of course, I doubt I would even be considered for that tournament.”

Looking out at one of the many lakes in Hyde Park, Vampyra thinks, “I know a tournament like the F1 would be a challenge. The Comet GP is infamous for how grueling it is. My first appearance was only due to another competitor’s injury and I failed miserably…” She takes a deep breath, “No,
Katsuki, stop doubting yourself again…”

“No, what?” Kimmy asks, not quite hearing what she said.

“I should stop doubting myself.” Vampyra clarifies and in a way, reminds herself. “I am stronger than before. I can face those people. I can fight against Michelle. I can face Alyster Black. I can fight Chris Peacock, Tommy Bedlam, whoever of them would come for me after I beat Phillip Jackson. My time will come. I just need to wait for the opportunity. As I would say, my prey will come-”

A lightbulb goes off in the head of Kimmy as she shouts much like Phoenix Wright, “HOLD IT!” and she turns to Vampyra, putting her hands up as if she was holding a camera. “I got it! I have an idea. I told you I’m good with film-making and editing. Let’s make a video together! Not a YouTube video, but something for FWA.”

“Hmm?” The masked wrestler blinks as Kimmy explains.

“Like, let’s take that idea and film a video around it. If we like it, send it to FWA so they can post it online sometime. Use it to send a little message to Mr. Face of TV, that Bitch Summers, and just the roster in general. You will not be hunted. You are the Dark Huntress. Nobody can stop you. Not Reagan Cole. Not Caesar. Not Lizzie Rose. Not Danny Tonner. Not Tommy Bedlam, anyone.” Kimmy winks and Vampyra digests the idea. She hums more before nodding her head.

“I suppose that would be a way to keep busy. How about we text some ideas and record over the next few days?” Vampyra motions down the path towards where they saw the FWA staff on break. “First I need to see how my pictures turned out.” and Vampyra quips, “Maybe me showing up in pictures will show some people I am not a real vampire.”

“Sounds awesome! I think I have some ideas already.”

Kimmy nods and she extends a little fist bump towards Vampyra which the wrestler politely accepts. The two unlikely friends walk down the path of Hyde park.

London, England, UK
November 6th
9:51pm Local Time

yHhic5To0yfIamEa04f989bT44FtkTQtX2UN5T0WQLtzUL8ol_pWvNEska8kqtCYiSEyPmiXbW7NA_O9dvffA6asz_4avB6b1HO0QmrNMcCxu5KGvqlKL2eiInzH25W46SJu5789h7QHyQNUHZ9NY9DRFg0KUT3G0iVnmYFp07hc8qukyCPF6u9hL6wYlw

Several days later, the duo are in Kimmy’s flat in London. The place doesn’t look to be the most well kept, with some clothes and dishes left out. The wall is covered with posters of various video game franchises. In the main ‘living area’ there's a couch next to the kitchen area, with a coffee table in front of it. Across is a television with various game consoles on its glass stand. Lying on the couch, we see Vampyra without her signature mask on, and instead opting for a black cloth face mask. She is in street clothes with a pair of jeans and a personalised hoodie design. It has a mix of branding from Vampyra’s main stable, MAYEM, mixed with branding from the Trio name her, Ririko, and Cali use, YOKAI Death Squad. In her hands is her phone and she has an ear bud in. Across the room, we see Kimmy, wearing PJs, on her computer desk editing the video they have discussed making. With her editing program of choice open, she is trying to put the final touches, sipping on tea as she does so.

“So tell me, Vampyra, you know I know what your face looks like. We both know neither of us have the flu and are up to date on COVID shots, why are you wearing a facemask again?”

“Because your place stinks! It smells like a fish in dirty socks” Vampya explains. “When was the last time you cleaned it?”

“I’ll clean it before we go to Denmark…” Kimmy’s eyes shift to the side. “Promise…”

“Sure… Just show me the video when done, Miss Director.” Vampyra shows some sass and she continues to look through her phone. Open on it is a YouTube video in Japanese.

The title translates to “Vampiress Comet GP History” and is a collection of highlights and lowlights of Vampyra’s history in the Comet GP, COSMIC Joshi Wrestling’s Tournament similar to the F1 Cliimaxxx. The earlier clips show Vampyra in her time as part of the villainous Sin group. Her appearance is far more aggressive, with darker colours and more pronounced “fangs” on her mask, but her results are anything but, mostly being on the receiving ends of losses. However, as the years go on and Vampyra shifts to MAYHEM, her performances gradually get better. A graphic shows the standings from each tournament. The first tournament was 5 points out of a possible 20, two wins and a single draw. The second was 8, but in recent years, getting better breaking into double digits with 11 and the most recent being 13. Not a world ender, but trending in the right direction.

“And Got it!”

Kimmy motions for Vampyra to head over to her desk and her guest goes over to her desk.

“I think you’ll appreciate it.”

And… she hits play.

Fantasy Wrestling Alliance Presents:

A Cyber-Kay Production…

Huntress

The filter of the video has several lines going through it as if it was an old film. Rolling green grass hills expand as far as the eye can see, the fall trees showing their different shades of colour through the filter. A light wind blows through the air, catching leaves as they fall to let them flow into the distance. A creek is flowing nearby, creating a crackling sound. The sun is nearly set over the horizon as the last gaps of daylight touch rural England. On the edge of the forest, we see a figure seated down cross legged in the grass. Her cape gently moves in the wind. Her dress is all black, going down to her knees where we see boots and a band on her leg. Long black gloves cover her hands as they rest on her knees. We see the signature Vampire mask of the Dark Huntress is seen, her “fangs” bearing near the mouth opening. Eyes are closed. We hear Vampyra narrate, with subtitles on it appearing in both English and Japanese.

“She was a predator - a creature of the night who rejoiced in the thrill of the hunt.”

She quotes Alan Kinross. The Dark Huntress takes a deep breath. The camera takes a long zoom around, giving a long look at her. Gently, her hand twitches.

“She was hungry. She was never satisfied. Though an impatient huntress is a reckless one.”

BANG

The video’s audio is cut with the violent pop of a gunshot..

Flashing on the screen is a mix of images and footage of warriors and hunters throughout history. The fox hunts in the United Kingdom of men on horseback leading hounds. Roman soldiers standing in a phalanx position. Men in the army during the world wars, facing unGodly conditions in order to fight for the freedoms and right to human decency which we do not fully appreciate today. It even goes to hunters today enjoying the wilderness for sporting purposes. Traditional Samurai warriors in battle from Vampyra’s native Japan. Then, and cowboys riding across the open plains.

“For generations, when approached with a challenge, there are different strategies. But the strong always have a plan.”

Tying it back to wrestling, we see a mix of highlights from FWA history. From the dastardly such as Danny Toner recently attacking Violet Dreyer. Managers getting involved to help their clients win such as George E. Brilliant helping Sawyer Xavier win the Gauntlet Briefcase. Tommy Bedlam smashed Randall's head against a toilet bowl of all things. Finishers are hit, weapons are smashed. A shine appears on the screen. A golden one as held high is the FWA World Championship. The Dark Huntress leans her head back, eyes still closed.

“A goal, a mission. Mine is to cast aside what haunts me and most importantly-”

The music changes to that more fitting of a battle as Vampyra says.

“To thrive.”

In front of the Dark huntress, a bow and quiver lie on the ground. Its limbs appear to be carved expertly from wood, creating a smooth finish as they are connected by the string.

“As a venture to a new place, a new landscape, I would be remiss to be narrow in my approach. My actions will affect the next decision and the one after that. As night falls, my time will arrive.”

Grasping the bow, the Dark Huntress picks it up and slings the quiver over her shoulder. Standing up, she takes her first steps into the forest as the sun sets over them. Going into the forest, the trees stand tall and cover her in darkness, only small glimpses of moonlight breaking through the leaves. The Dark Huntress steps carefully, waiting for her prey to step out.

“As my journey continues, new obstacles will make their way, some are known. Though they may appear to be below me…”

Hearing a rustle in the bush, the Dark Huntress quickly turns, readying her bow with an arrow. Pulling back the string she launches an arrow forward and it drives itself into a tree. On the tree is a picture of Sawyer Xavier. His eyes are marked with red “X’s” and his neck has two red dots as if he was bitten.

“You will provide sustenance all the same…”

Continuing forward, the Dark Huntress readies her bow preemptively, ready for a tougher target.

“Of course, this is further towards a more rewarding capture. It is kill or be killed and some prey are worthy in name itself. A king of the jungle, long served and long reigned. Though there comes a time where he must be dethroned. Ready to refresh the cycle…”

The grass continues to rustle and a growl of a lion is heard. Showing a smirk, the Dark Huntress turns and fires her arrow in the direction. Making a mark in another tree, an emblem of three lions, symbolic of the British empire is carved into a tree and a warning shot to a champion in Vampyra's sights. The arrow is jabbed in the neck of one of the Lion’s markings and some sap is pouring out of it.

“And cleanse the past for the sake of the future.”

More rustling is heard as the Dark Huntress has a wide grin on her face, turning to shoot what is behind you.

“And of course, those who make too much noise will be easy targets as well...”

The narrator gives a cold laugh and we turn to see an arrow stabbed in another tree, this having a copy of Shawn Summers’ letter to management contesting Phillip A Jackson’s championship win.

Keeping calm, the Dark Huntress readies another arrow and continues down the clearing.

“But when the huntress stumbles she becomes the prey… I must not let my guard down. I shall not live in my own world…”

On the screen flashes a collection of images and videos related to the FWA roster, both old and new, from Andersen Vega arriving on the scene, Shawn Summers rising through the stage, Akihiko Kawaguchi’s debut vignette, Reagan Cole hitting his signature Cyclone Kick, Aka Yurei making her way out but it specifically highlights all the performers currently in the F1. All the current Champions winning their championships for the first time flash on the screen preceding Danny Toner yelling into the camera after beating X Champion, Alyster Black. Then the other top contenders that made their way in the tournament appear. Cornelius Aurelius Caesar pinning Uncle J.J. Jay’s shoulders to the mat. Bryan Baxter is seen grabbing his briefcase in the Secular Spooktacular. Mike Parr is seen driving his knee straight into Lizzie Rose’s jaw in the corner. Chris Peacock’s hand is held high after he does the unthinkable and wins the Golden Opportunity match. Cyrus Truth, looks into the camera and is cutting a passionate monologue, spitting his gospel. Then we see Tommy Bedlam, an underdog in the tournament, nailing his signature Super Kick on Jason Randall, driving him through the table on the outside…

“There is a vast roster of people already established in this new world, or, like me, are finding a way to make their imprint. Some will come sooner, rather than later, but as I am more known, my time in the shadows will become mute. I will be hunted. So, why should I be scared? Why be scared of the other hunters when you know what will come? Why worry, when you have all the time in the world to be ready for the time to take them down…”

Pulling back her bow, the Dark Huntress’ pose is reminiscent of the fountain which Vampyra took pictures of the day before. She launches an arrow forward and it strikes a tree with two “E’s” carved into it.

“One…”

Turning around, she readies another arrow and this one launches into a bush, taking a rose from it and jabbing it into a tree.

“By one-”

The footage of an arrow flying is repeated as we see the weapon pierce into a tree with a Peacock feather on the end of the arrow.

“By one…”

And another arrow cuts into a replica of the signature mask of X Champion, Alyster Black.

“By one… and so on.”

Through a rapid fire selection of arrows flying, we see the arrows of the huntress striking various other items. A wreath crown hangs on the top of one arrow, swaying as it was knocked off what it was on before. Another arrow jabs its way into a book titled “The Truth.” Peaking out of one of the bushes is a set of legs with wrestling boots on, though no people were harmed in the making of this or any film. Sticking out of the last tree, we see the arrow spiked through a brown ten-gallon cowboy hat… Having taken out most of her prey, the Dark Huntress stands in the middle of the clearing, breathing heavily. Around her she takes a look at the destruction her bow has caused and has a satisfied look on her face.

“Though who’s to say I’m not prepared already?”

Turning, the Dark Huntress heads through a space between trees to get out of the brush. The sea of trees ends and she finds herself on top of a hill. She takes a look at the night sky. Far enough away from the nearest city, the night sky is covered in stars. The moon shines through the sky, giving a slight glow. Crickets chirp in the night as the near-by stream continues to flow water.

“Every good huntress has patience. Every good huntress can adapt. She must prepare. I do all three. Deep down, I know that soon the road will be tougher. I have no friends here. There are only trials. One by one I will conquer each. I will feed. I will devastate those who stand against me. I will free myself of my own shackles. It is nothing personal, but it is the work of the Dark Huntress.”

The camera zooms towards the front of the Dark Huntress as she readies her bow one final time. Holding it up, she steadies it towards the camera.

“Death… awaits…”

Releasing the string, the arrow darts towards the camera as the feed cuts to black and the video fades away.

Having watched the video back, Vampyra seems taken back. Blinking, almost in awe of the video. Kimmy swings her chair around, showing a grin.

“Well, what’cha think?”

It takes a few moments for Vampyra to find the right words. But, she finally does. “You were right. You are amazing when it comes to video-making. Thank you.”

“You mean Arigatō?” Kimmy has a wide grin. “See? I remember a bit of Japanese.” Vampyra grins under her mask and Kimmy nods. She then asks, “So, how are you feeling now? Feeling more sure of yourself?”

Turning, Vampyra takes a deep breath. “It was therapeutic. I told you, being Vampyra is what helps me. When I put on the mask and I truly let her spirit through me, my worries fade. I think you can see that now. I am in a much better mental state.”

Kimmy lightly pats Vampyra’s arm. “That’s what I’d like to hear. I'm really looking forward to seeing that Vampyra side more... Even if sometimes she scares the shit out of me."

Vampyra laughs. "Then I am doing my job."

"I think I'm a bit easier to scare than the average wrestler. But I'm sure it will work on some of them." Kimmy winks, "Now kick Sawyer’s ass, why don’t ya?”

“I will. He’ll be first.” Vampyra walks towards the bathroom, grabbing her nose. “Now if you will excuse me, I will find some air-freshener.”

“It’s not THAT bad!” Kimmy laughs. “But there is a can under the washbasin.”

Vampyra goes into the bathroom to search for the air fresher as Kimmy puts on her headphones and opens the YouTube tab of her computer. She opens a tab and types in a channel called “Chuggaaconroy” and looks for the creator’s recent videos before beginning to play their newest upload titled “Paper Mario – Episode 20: Chucky Buddy.”

On her coffee table, Vampyra’s phone begins to vibrate because of a call. It begins to shake and move. Eventually it leans over the edge before falling to the floor, the phone case preventing the phone from having any damage. It continues to vibrate as Vampyra walks in the room and sprays some air freshener. The caller for Vampyra goes to messenger and we see a notification for a missed call.

The caller.

Jon Russnow.

Vampyra will not be able to return that call, but little does she know, her plans for FWA will have a massive change, potentially for the better.