Meltdown XXXIII: 'WHAT IS THE CAPITAL OF BOTSWANA?' || RESULTS

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Mandalorian

E-Fed Staff Member
Reaction score
J05NVxh.png

XXXIII: “WHAT IS THE CAPITAL OF BOTSWANA?”
Live from The Botswana National Stadium in Gaborone, Botswana.
Thursday 14th September, 2023.

1.jpg

violet.png

After the show's opening pyrotechnics spectacle, we cut to Rod Sterling and Anzu Kurosawa at ringside...

Rod Sterling: “Yo, yo, what's good homies! Rod Sterling in the house with my homegirl Anzu Kurosawa at my side and what a dope show we have in store for y'all tonight!”

Anzu Kurosawa: “Uh, okay, but yeah we do have a big show tonight full of action stemming from the fallout from the 18th Anniversary Show and we're not wasting time jumping into the action!”

And now… all of the lights turn off momentarily as a demonic voice speaks out to all who are in attendance. While this intro plays, a bright red spotlight pops in the center of a smoke filled stage where it illuminates over a dark hooded figure. The song begins…

…and the house lights are brought back on but flashing in between the colors of red and white. As we can see the hooded individual in an all-black sleeved cloak with dark red trim along with another individual in just an oversized black cloak standing right behind it. The two of them take a slow, methodical stroll down the path to the ring. They never raise their heads to reveal who's under these big hooded cloaks as each hides their identity well. That is until they step up the ring stairs and step between the top and middle rope. Once the first hooded figure positions itself in the center of the ring, the other walks over and stands in front of the first. Standing motionless for a few seconds as smoke surrounds the outside of the ring, the person from behind unhooks the other's cloak. And the evil entity known as Death Walker steps forward to reveal himself to the audience and drops the entire cloak with his arms forming an X at neck level. The crowd erupts in madness and chaos as his music most likely ends by now or replays all over again but Death Walker remains staring out at the hard camera to present fear and panic to whomever.

Katie-Lynn Goldsmith: "Meltdown’s opening contest is set for one fall with a thirty-minute-time-limit! Introducing first, from the depths of HELL! He weighs in at 243 lb…he is The Dark Traveler…Death Waaaaaalkerrrrrr!”

Anzu Kurosawa: “That’s one way to kick off tonight’s festivities!”

Rod Sterling: “Death Walker may have come up short at the 18th Anniversary Show inside of the Steel Roulette, but he still left an impression with his dominating presence in that match where he wreaked havoc before his elimination , and for that he’s been rewarded with this number one contender’s match for the North American Championship…”

Anzu Kurosawa: “It took FOUR of the other competitors inside of the Steel Roulette to dash Death Walker’s hopes of winning that match, and tonight he faces off against one of those four that was responsible for his elimination…”

The familiar theme song plays and the crowd lights up with excitement as Jackson Fenix steps out on stage. Nate Savage is behind his friend and Jackson looks out at the sea of fans that are cheering him on, and they share a fist bump before walking down the ramp toward the ring. Nate hypes up Jackson along the way and he hypes up the fans as well to get even more behind Jackson than they already are.

Katie-Lynn Goldsmith: “Introducing his opponent, being accompanied by Nasty Nate Savage, from Las Vegas, Nevada and weighing in at 210 lb…he is The Sin City Bad Boy…Jackson Feeeeeenixxxxxx!”

Rod Sterling: “Here comes Jackson Fenix, as Anzu mentioned prior to his entrance, he was one of the four responsible for Death Walker’s elimination in the Steel Roulette. Death Walker gets a chance to exact revenge as well as earn himself a shot at some gold in the process.”

Anzu Kurosawa: “Jackson Fenix has been on a bit of a roll this year and much like Death Walker, he left an impression with his performance inside of the Steel Roulette, which has afforded him this match tonight…and it appears as though we’ll be joined by Nasty Nate Savage!”

After Nate shared one last fist bump and a brief hug, Nate has joined the commentary desk as he takes a seat beside Anzu.

Anzu Kurosawa: “Welcome to the desk, Nate!”

Nate Savage: “Thank you Anzu, the pleasure is all mine. Rod, good to see you. I had so much fun the last time I did this I figured I’d do it again. I’m here to provide keen analysis and watch Jax superkick a demon and to make sure none of Death Walker’s weird disciples try any funny business!”

The camera shows some of Death Walker’s Terrors of Darkness and The Dark Guardian at the ringside area in Death Walker’s corner.

Rod Sterling: “It’s a pleasure to have you here, Nate.”

Nate Savage: “Thank god that moron Allen Price isn’t here in his ridiculous perspex box. You two and Jean-Luc are A-okay in my book, but that guy is the worst!”

Anzu Kurosawa: “I’m sure you’re just as excited to see Allen get his comeuppance on Fallout this week.”

Nate Savage: “Of course, that should go without saying!”

Back inside the ring, referee Larry Stevens checks both competitors and then he signals for the bell…

violet.png

FIRST MATCH || 1/30.
Death Walker vs. Jackson Fenix.
Singles Match - FWA North American Championship #1 Contendership.
Match Writer: Jimmy King.
violet.png

DING! DING! DING!

<< 00:00 >>

After the bell sounds, Fenix comes out of the gate hot and he immediately goes for Superkick Me Baby One More Time, but Death Walker has that well scouted and scoots out of the way in time. Fenix spins around and is met with a big boot straight in the mush! Fenix is knocked off his feet courtesy of the big boot, and he crawls toward the ropes for leverage to get back to a vertical base near a corner, but Death Walker clobbers him with a running lariat that knocks him back into the corner. Death Walker continues to punish Fenix in the corner with several corner clotheslines, and then he takes Fenix by the wrist and whips him toward the opposite corner. Death Walker comes barreling toward Fenix but Fenix moves out of the way just in time and Death Walker hits the corner sternum first! Fenix quickly jumps on Death Walker’s back and he attempts to apply a sleeper hold on Death Walker.

Fenix has Death Walker where he wants and he’s starting to fade, or so Fenix thought. Death Walker starts to come back to life and instead of trying to shake Fenix off of his back, he falls backward into the corner, sandwiching Fenix between him and the corner! Death Walker takes Fenix out of the corner and hits him with a capture suplex! Death Walker then floats over for the pin…

ONE…NO!

The camera cuts to the backstage area where the FWA North American Champion is watching the match on a monitor. Baxter has a smirk on his face while he watches Fenix get decimated…

Rod Sterling: “Triple B likes what he sees.”

Nate Savage: “Triple B?”

Rod Sterling: “Big Bryan Bastard.”

Nate Savage: “More like Big Bryan Bozo if you ask me!”

Anzu Kurosawa: “Haha, that’s a good one!”

Death Walker brings Fenix back up on his feet and he sends him off the ropes, but Fenix ducks underneath a forearm from Death Walker and he goes off the second set of ropes and comes back with a sling blade! Fenix is feeling it now as he feeds off of the positive energy from the crowd and he runs the ropes again and this time comes back with a leg drop on Death Walker and into the pin…

ONE…NO!

Fenix springs back to his feet and stomps on the legs of Death Walker before attempting a figure four leg lock on the big man, and just as he’s about to lock it in, Death Walker drives a boot to his backside and sends Fenix spiraling forward! Fenix catches himself before he crashes in the corner and he catches an incoming Death Walker with a back elbow! Fenix then launches himself off the ropes and connects with a springboard enzuigiri! Death Walker is phased but he remains standing, so Fenix runs up to the top rope and leaps off, hitting a diving high knee to Death Walker! Death Walker is staggered and Fenix connects with a basement dropkick that brings Death Walker down to one knee, and Fenix follows up with a shining wizard! Death Walker goes down and Fenix floats over for another pin attempt!

ONE…TW - - NO!

Anzu Kurosawa: “All of that offense from Fenix but Death Walker will not stay down!”

Rod Sterling: “We mentioned it prior to this match, but we all saw how it took four people to take him down in the Steel Roulette, Anzu. Fenix was one of those four but it’s going to take a lot more than what Fenix just did to keep him down!”

Nate Savage: “Come on Jax, you got this!”

<< 05:02 >>

Fenix is backed up in a corner now where he’s sizing up Death Walker and he’s looking for his signature superkick, but as he goes for it, Death Walker slides out of the way again and Death Walker grabs Fenix from behind and he catches Fenix in a rear naked choke! Death Walker tries to tighten his grip but Fenix manages to slip away. Fenix goes for a kick but Death Walker catches him and hits Sweet Revenge! Step over spinning heel kick! Fenix sits up and tries to get back on his feet but Death Walker sneaks up behind him and locks in another rear naked choke! Death Walker wraps his legs around Fenix’s torso like a boa constrictor to prevent Fenix from escaping and Death wrenches back on the hold!

Rod Sterling: “Death Walker has Fenix right where he wants him in that rear naked choke!”

Anzu Kurosawa: “That’s not where Fenix would like to be right now!”

Nate Savage: “I don’t think anyone wants to be on the receiving end of that, come on Jax!”

Death Walker has slowed down the pace of this match and he’s trying to choke the life out of Jackson Fenix and by the looks of it it might be working. Fenix is gradually starting to fade out while Larry Stevens checks on him. Stevens checks a third time after the first two checks, and when it looks like Fenix may be done for, he keeps his arm raised! Fenix is trying to wriggle free but Death Walker’s grip is too right and powerful for him. Fenix is squirming and reaching out for that bottom rope as he’s starting to fade again and just when it looks like he’s out he musters up enough strength to stretch his arm out far enough just to barely snag the bottom rope in time to break the hold! The crowd cheers and Nate Savage breathes a sigh of relief in his headset as he leans back in his chair…

Nate Savage: “That was too close for comfort…”

Rod Sterling: “Do I sense doubt from you in your friend?”

Nate Savage: “What? What on earth are you talking about?”

Rod Sterling: “There’s been some rumblings that there may be a hint of jealousy from you toward Jackson Fenix.”

Nate Savage: “You know what? That’s not the first time I’ve heard that this week and whoever thinks I’ll stab my best friend in the back is just as much of an idiot as Big Bozo Baxter is!”

Rod Sterling: “Triple B catching strays!”

Nate Savage: “I might take back what I said about you earlier, Rod. You’re still cool though, Anzu.”

Anzu Kurosawa: “Thank you Nate.”

Back in the ring, Death Walker was berating the referee and he turns his attention back on Fenix as he kneels down to pick him up but Death Walker is caught with a small package inside cradle!

ONE…TW - - NO!

Death Walker kicks out with authority as Fenix springs up to his feet and Death Walker is charging toward him, and Fenix assists in dumping Death Walker on the outside after he pulls the top rope down and Walker takes a tumble on the outside! Death Walker collects himself on the outside but he doesn’t get much of a reprieve as he’s taken down by a tope suicida from Fenix! The fans cheer wildly for the move from Fenix and he tosses the big man back inside…

Fenix has propped himself on the apron and jumps up on the ropes before launching himself off with a springboard dropkick that nearly takes Death Walker off of his feet! Death Walker is sent stumbling back into the ropes and he stumbles forward into a low superkick to the knee and then Fenix follows that up with a Superkick Me Baby One More Time! Death Walker doesn’t go down and Fenix follows up with another superkick!

Nate Savage: “Oops!...he did it again!”

This time Death Walker goes down and Fenix drops down for the pin…

One…two…NO!

<< 11:11 >>

Anzu Kurosawa: “Oh my, I thought that was it right there!”

Fenix can’t believe it but Stevens assures him it was only a two count. Fenix accepts that and he goes to climb up on the second rope…he’s thinking his meteora Kill The Lights fka SMD…he leaps off but all he gets in return is a pop up european uppercut from Death Walker! Walker catches his bearings and shakes that off…he sizes up Fenix…sets him in his sights…The Wright Way! Running high knee! The pin is made…

One…two…THR - - NO!

It takes a minute for both men to get to their feet and once they get there they stand toe-to-toe, Death Walker the height advantage but Fenix isn’t backing down. They start trading blows and Fenix gets the upper hand when he blocks a strike from Death Walker, spins him around and hits a snap dragon suplex followed by a bicycle knee! Double Shot by Fenix!

One…two…THR - - NO!

Fenix rolls over after the kick out but Death Walker catches him in a trap and locks in The Reaper’s Clutch! Fenix starts to flail any which way he can and he starts to wildly swing forearms in Death Walker’s direction. The punches start to get weaker and Fenix is starting to fade away…

Nate Savage: “No, not again, not like this. Come on Jackson!”

<< 15:28 >>

Once again Stevens checks on Fenix and he shows signs of life once more. He reaches for that bottom rope but he’s nowhere near it. He nails Death Walker with several punches that have little to no effect on Death Walker. Death Walker’s grip starts to slip and Fenix slips out of it just enough to flip forward and hook both legs for the pin…

One…two…THR - - NO!

Fenix sits up in disbelief but he’s caught from behind again by Death Walker with a rear naked choke again. Jackson starts to flail again but this time he’s closer to the ropes and he’s able to break the hold…

Both men lay on the floor in exhaustion after having exerted a lot of energy. They both start to stir and once they’re up Jackson goes for his Sin CIty Hangover, but he can’t get Death Walker all the way up and Walker spins around and counters with a backdrop suplex! Walker has found his second wind now and he’s feeling it while the crowd voices their displeasure…

Rod Sterling: “I think Death Walker is looking to end it here…”

Nate Savage: “Don’t count out Jax just yet, Rod.”

Death Walker sends Fenix off to the ropes with an irish whip and he goes for Pitch Black, but Fenix ducks the discus clothesline…Fenix is behind Death Walker…Break the Ice! Backstabber on Death Walker!

Nate Savage: “Yes! What did I tell you Rod?!”

Fenix is feeling it now as Death Walker starts to rise up…Fenix sets him up…In The Zone! Swinging reverse STO! Fenix drops down for the pin…

One…two…THREE!

Winner: Jackson Fenix by pinfall at 19:38.

Katie-Lynn Goldsmith: “The winner of the match…Jackson Fenix!”

Anzu Kurosawa: “Just like that, Jackson Fenix punches his ticket to Lights Out!”

Nate Savage: “As if there was any doubt!”

Jackson has his arm raised by Larry Stevens but little does he know that Death Walker is back on his feet behind him…

Rod Sterling: “Yeah…but wait…what is Death Walker doing?”

After a hard fought match, Death Walker stumbles over to one of the available corners. And with his back against the turnbuckle and his arms extended outside the ring, one of his faithful Terrors of Darkness hands him that lead pipe from the Steel Roulette match that took place this past weekend at The 18th Anniversary Show. Death gets that deranged look in his eyes as he sizes up Jackson and then charges at him. But luckily, Jackson’s tag team partner exits the commentary desk. Nate Savage just happens to slide into the ring before The Dark Traveler made contact with the lead pipe. Furious as hell, Nate gets all up in Walker’s face as he pushes him with his chest. They exchange words with Nate being the irate one in this particular situation. Not too long after, some officials and executives come out to defuse the entire thing. The Dark Guardian with a few of the disciples enter the ring to get some distance between Death Walker and everyone else. The demon’s advisor hollers out that everything is alright and nothing happened. Even though he came very close to a heinous attack on The Sin City Bad Boy. During all the commotion, The Dark Guardian gets ahold of a microphone and begins to speak over everyone.

The Dark Guardian: “Whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa… now he knew the deal when he decided to face my demon. Especially being involved in eliminating him in the Steel Roulette last weekend. He should have thought long and hard b-”

And just when things couldn’t get any wilder, they do because The Dark Guardian is abruptly cut off by Death Walker. The demonic hybrid has covered the microphone with his hand as he stares down both Nate Savage and a worn down Jackson Fenix while men in suits and referee shirts pull them out of the ring. The Death Walker takes the liberty of snatching the microphone out of his advisor’s grasp. Holding the mic up to where his mouth is under that demon mask, he clears his throat a bit and then speaks for the first time in months.

Death Walker: “Ahem… ahem… I would just like to say that… I’M BACK MUTHAFUCKAS!!!”

The crowd goes crazy with shouting and boos as this was a new surprise to the beginning of Meltdown.

DW: “Look, I respect that you came out here to help protect your buddy and all. But at some point… he will… pay. The. Cost.”

And with that guarantee, everyone removes themselves from the ring while The Death Walker and crew hang out in the ring. Pacing back and forth calmly still holding the mic, Death gets his train of thoughts going then goes back to talking to the fans in attendance.

DW: “You see? This is what the fuck I’m talking about. They can sure act all tough but when I wanna turn it up a notch then they need to use help in their battles. Now, several months ago… I returned from HELL as the former Darius Wright. I returned- or I should say that he returned as a shell of a man, a soulless vessel ready to be activated into something more sinister. And man… when I tell you it has felt great coming into this business as Death Walker.”

He takes a moment for the audience to pay attention to his words and his voice.

DW: “For almost a year, I sat back with no voice… none of my own words to share. But I could count on my trusty Guardian here… to provide the words that were necessary. I’ve had quite a bit of the trials and tribulations just being here at FWA and I expect more to come. So many halfwits have tried to use my name and reputation to garner momentum towards their lifeless careers. Well after tonight, there are no more freebies for anyone. If you challenge my progression, you're going to find out the hard way about not crossing Death.”

With that lead pipe still in his right hand, he points out around towards the fans but ends up stopping with it aimed at the backstage entrance.

DW: “I may not get you today, tomorrow or the next day but you can rest assured that I WILL MAKE YOU PAY. We will be the ones to track down and right as you go to close your eyes, thinking everything is good as gold. That is when we will expose you to our Reality of Tragedy… the pain in which will pick apart your trauma, your doubts… your fears. We’ve just got done making a believer out of Reagan Cole and a few others. So to put it bluntly… you all are messing with the wrong muthafucka. And if it takes tens to hundreds to thousands or even millions of tries… WE WILL. Fuck. Your. Lives. Up! Let this be the final warning.”

Death Walker drops the microphone onto the canvas and his theme music begins to play as an arena full of boos add to the song.

The 15 or 20 Terrors of Darkness exit the ring followed by The Dark Guardian and Death Walker. The dark gathering takes their time heading to the back with no remorse whatsoever.

violet.png

Going backstage for Meltdown 33, we see Meltdown’s backstage interview extraordinaire, Katie Baxter. She has a smile on her face as she stands in front of a pink backdrop for the show. She’s wearing a lovely blue dress as she greets the views.

Katie Baxter: “Ladies and gentlemen, tonight we’re expected to decide two championship matches at the upcoming Fallout event from the D.R.C. We already saw the North American Championship match be set in our opening bout, but tonight is the conclusion of the Trios Eliminator Tournament. The winner will be facing The Coven in the first defense of FWA’s Trios Championships. Right now, I’m with one of those teams and hopefully I’ll get some insight into their mindset going into the final and a few other questions. Ririko, Cali Hayama, and Katsu, YOKAI Death Squad!”

The camera pans out to see all three ladies of the trio standing by in their gear. Showing their unity as a team, their gear is all matching colours with a primary purple base, with a neon green trim, this includes the signature fox-mask of Katsu. Each of them have unzipped hoodies, brandishing with their team’s logo. There is a respectable cheer from the fans who are watching live.

Katie Baxter: “First, quickly, I need to ask, do we need a translator here for Ririko?”

Katie asks respectfully. Katsu leans into the microphone.

Katsu: “She’s been practising her English. So if we need to translate, we will do it.”

Eagerly, Ririko shouts.

Ririko: “I am getting good.”

Cali Hayama whispers in her ear.

Ririko: “I mean better.”

Ririko has a smile on her face as Cali gives her a pat on the shoulder, her height towering over her teammates.

Katie Baxter: “In that case, Ririko, you’ve been the member of YDS with the least amount of experience outside of Japan, with Cali being Canadian and Katsu you’ve been here, how long again?”

Katsu: “One year as of Lights Out.”

Katsu answers.

Katie Baxter: “-Wow, time has gone fast. It only feels like yesterday I was interviewing you for the first time, congrats!”

The masked wrestler gives a polite nod and smile as Katie gets back on track.

Katie Baxter: “So Ririko, I have to ask, how's your experience so far with FWA?”

Katsu turns to Ririko and she repeats the question in Japanese just to ensure her friend understands. Ririko starts her answer in English.

Ririko: “Adjusting. Lots of adjusting.”

The powerhouse of the team has a nervous pause. Katsu whispers something to her in Japanese and Ririko, feeling comfortable, answers in Japanese. The microphone picks it up and Katie politely listens. After she’s done speaking, Katsu translates.

Katsu: “Ririko says that being with Cali and I has helped with her adjustment. She is with the two people she trusts the most. She’s found the non-Japanese crowds passionate and more vocal, so when they do give their support it gives her a rush greater than any other.”

Katie nods.

Katie Baxter: “Glad you feel that way.”

Ririko gives a smile and Katsu finishes translating her answer.

Katsu: “She is still getting used to the travel, the different cultures, improving her English so that she may connect to the crowd easier. That is nervous to her but exciting. But in the end, the ring is the same size, and she is with two ladies who have her back and she will work hard. And she really loves American burgers and tacos when she was in Mexico.”

Playfully, Ririko forms a “bun” shape with her hands and “bites” into it, causing a friendly laugh from Katie.

Katie Baxter: “Glad you’ve been having some good food, hehe. We also see that hard work paying off. Tonight you three are in the finals with a win resulting in you making it to Lights Out, any thoughts on the tournament?”

The trio exchange glances before settling on Cali to give the answer. The Canadian leans in.

Cali Hayama: “Look, I know people are going to call me ‘cocky’ for saying this, but I honestly didn’t doubt our chances of making it to the finals and I know we can make it Lights Out.”

The interviewer hums.

Katie Baxter: “Hmm, care to explain?”

Cali Hayama: “Let’s take a look at this tournament. Round one was full of some trios which I can only describe as…”

The Twitch-streamer thinks of the right words.

Cali Hayama: “Low-tier with a good chunk of the matches being over quick with. Once the fat was cut out, things stepped up. Undisputed Xperience, three talented guys with former tag champs, one of which an X Champ, and XX who reps the LGBTQ+ community strong and has serious potential, but maybe need to spend less time finding chemistry in the bedroom and more in the ring.”

The Sky Devil winks.

Cali Hayama: “The Menage who are some Oddities. The crew of XYZ. Can throw you off with their antics but not there yet. Then the Lupones, our opponents tonight. Two big and powerful guys, a sister who is a bit of a wild-character, but still adjusting to trios action. Three good teams but still have some cooking to do.”

Looking at the camera, Cali motions to her and her two friends.

Cali Hayama: “Then you have us, a team who has been teaming together for a couple years now, not just as tag team combinations, but especially trios action. Former CJW Trios Champions. Ririko.”

She points to the big girl.

Cali Hayama: “Sweet as a teddy bear, but between the ropes can crush you like a bear, fellow tag champ in CJW.”

Ririko puts her two fists on each side of her head, having “bear ears” and winking. Katie finds the antics of the big girl amusing. Cali points to herself.

Cali Hayama: “Me? I’m probably the most athletic girl on the roster. Quick on my feet, quick wit, someone like me thrives in a trios environment… Then we got a crown jewel here… a hidden gem in FWA.”

Showing especially strong confidence in Katsu, she motions to her.

Cali Hayama: “Former FWA TV Champ, never pinned to lose her belt, a girl who went to the final four in her first Carnal Contendership, outlasting some of the baddest dudes and girls around, then at Anniversary, after she helped us punch her ticket to the finals, she jumped into the fire again because she ain’t got quit in her!”

Covering her face slightly, Katsu is likely blushing under her mask.

Cali Hayama: “She takes on the FWA Tag Champions by herself, two on one, has a visual pin on Alyster Black, moments away from eliminating him until Chris gets worried, so he breaks up the pin to eliminate the fresher, younger, hungrier Katsu.”

Turning her glance to the camera, Cali exclaims.

Cali Hayama: “Three talented individuals who work like magic as a team. Three girls who know each other’s in and outs who fight as a TEAM. We don’t treat Trios wrestling as a side-show, it’s the goddamn show! Trios wrestling is an art of itself. Champions or not, we’re a team to beat in this division and we’re ready tonight. The Lupones are siblings, but these girls.”

Cali puts her arms around both of her trios partners.

Cali Hayama: “Are like my sisters. We’re taking this tournament home.”

Katie pulls the microphone back. She sees a bit of spice coming from Cali’s words.

Katie Baxter: “We’ll see that later tonight, but you mention Katsu’s singles exploits too, so Katsu, I have to ask after coming up short in the Steel Roulette are you going to put your singles exploits on the backburner?”

Katsu shakes her head.

Katsu: “We discussed this between us three. While we would be willing to sacrifice for each other, we do not need to forgo any singles career success to be strong as a team. We support each other. It would be the same if Cali or Ririko would get a singles opportunity here. The Steel Roulette was unlike any match I have experienced. I took a risk by eliminating Fenix. I saw cracks in FTN, but it barely held together. I lost… But I survived. It took so much work to even get there and that is not over. As we said…”

Holding up her finger, she says.

Katsu: “One year in FWA. A lot has changed in FWA and at home. We have gained friends and lost some. I shed an old mask to become a better version of myself, and now I have my two closest friends here with me in FWA, taking YOKAI Death Squad, something which was created as our own part of the group that brought us together, internationally. This has made me a stronger woman… Still flawed, but I believe in myself.”

Taking a deep breath, Katsu speaks into the microphone.

Katsu: “I know I will be champion again in FWA. Where? We’ll see. Tonight, I know we will be able to claim our spot at Lights Out, but I am not going to ‘stay in my lane’ in the Trios division. I have no issues teaming with Ririko or Cali as a tag team. I have been a singles champion before and I know I can become one again! Katsu, YOKAI Death Squad, will only get better!”

Cali leans towards the microphone.

Cali Hayama: “And how about we try this one on for size?”

She raises her pointer finger.

Cali Hayama: “Control…”

Then her middle…

Cali Hayama: “-Alt”

Finally her ring finger as all three girls put down an “M” hand gesture.

Cali Hayama: “-Delete.”

???: “What’s that I hear? Someone talking about being a champion?”

The camera pans over as Big Bryan Baxter walks into the shot, his FWA North American Title draped over his shoulder. He stands firm and proud as he specifically eyes Katsu.

Bryan Baxter: Let me guess? You want to add your name to the long list of people who think they deserve a title shot? I mean, sure, why not… apparently around here you can lose matches and still be in title contention… I mean… Jackson Fenix… Death Walker… much like yourself… all losers in the Steel Roulette Match. But yet somehow I’ve gotta deal with that jackass Jackson Fenix again. It’s getting a little ridiculous, quite frankly!”

“Eeeevvverrryooonneee wants a shot at the Bastard. I get it. But who really deserves it? I suppose you think you do, Katsu? And what would those credentials be? Would it be making it to the Semi-Finals of the F1? No wait, didn’t do that. I suppose you’ve perhaps pinned our so well respected World Champion in the past? No? Oh. Well, you have been a champion before at least. We both walked out of last year’s Lights Out with title shot… a North American Title shot for me and a TV Title for you, right?”

Baxter pats the North American Title. Katsu cuts a glare to the Bastard North American Champion. Her friends are already stepping between them out of precaution.

Bryan Baxter: “Ain’t she a beaut. Let’s see your title? OH wait… that’s right. You lost in your first and only title defense. Meanwhile, we’re coming up on one year of DOMINANCE by BIG BRYAN BASTARD. You want some more singles gold? That’s fine. But for your own good, maybe look elsewhere besides this one. Just stick to your support system and leave the spotlight to me.”

The masked woman whispers something to Ririko who steps aside. Katsu tries to remain calm in the face of the big bad bully.

Katsu: “How fragile your mind must be to rush over at the single idea of any threat without even being mentioned? Baxter, you have changed so much as a champion and some of it has been for the worst…”

Upon hearing the last name ‘Baxter’ Ririko tilts her head and points to Katie and Bryan.

Ririko: “You… related?”

She says in her broken English, the interviewer quickly shakes her head,

Katie Baxter: “No, not at all…”

Katsu: “Ririko, not now…”

Katsu looks up at Bryan. There is for sure a major size difference between the two.

Katsu: “Where was I? Oh yes, I know I lost the FWA Television Championship early. I know F1 was a rough tournament for me last year. But I did all of that within the first few months of joining FWA and you had almost a year before that. This 22-year old masked girl within her first few months in FWA did just as much as you have in one year…”

She steps forward, trying to show no fear of the big man.

Katsu: “-And while I have gotten better, what has happened to you? You have a man mad for his power! I didn’t specify what championship to go after. I could reunite with the Television Championship, returning to it a stronger champion to maybe right the wrongs of the past. I could step out of my comfort zone and fight in the X Division. Maybe as World Champion, because I held my own in Steel Roulette… Something you might have forgot about. But, if you insist…”

Katsu points to the North American Championship on Baxter’s shoulder. The champion gets defensive, covering the main plate.

Katsu: “How about I become another person to take aim at the target on your shoulder? This Japanese woman proving she belongs in North America as FWA North American Champion?”

Baxter smirks and shrugs his shoulders.

Bryan Baxter: “So defensive! But that’s fine. I know I haven’t made a lot of friends here… but that’s because I’m too busy winning to make friends. Because you see… right now… I’m just Big Bryan Baxter… sure, people don’t really like me and yeah, I’m not that pleasant to be around. But I’m human. I have flaws. But when I step into that ring… the Bastard comes out to play. Big Bryan Bastard has no flaws. And there will be no remorse. There will be no pity. So, I just wanted to give you fair warning… call it a bit of friendly advice… a little bit of compassion I have left over from the time I’ve spent with Jeremy. Because coming after this title… it could be bad for your health. Just ask Mike Parr.”

After threatening her friend one too many times, now Cali steps forward and gets in the face of Bryan Baxter. She’s seething.

Cali Hayama: “Oh fuck off, you ain’t doing that!”

Katsu grabs her arm, holding to get Cali to step back, but it is of no use.

Cali Hayama: “We get it, you’re big, nasty, fat, angry, constantly on PMS. We’re not doubting that you’re good. But I think you’re losing the plot here. You’ve gone fucking mad, and whether it’s Katsu, or Crowe, or anyone else you seem to be dead-set on pissing off, it is going to be so fucking fun to see someone knock you off. And there ain’t no way you’re taking out Katsu that easily. She’s one of the toughest women I know and each time she’s knocked down by an asshole like you, she gets back up! The ‘Bastard’ isn’t as flawless as you think, just unwanted…”

Now the words are starting to strike a nerve with the powerhouse champion. He steps forward, but Cali, clearly her trash talking is one ‘your mom’ joke away from being at home in a Call of Duty lobby, is not backing down.

Cali Hayama: “I mean, after all, hasn’t half your title run been overshadowed by your stalker friend-”

Now she’s going after HIS friend, and that is one step too far. In one swift motion, Bryan grabs his big hand and face washes Cali Hayama down to the ground!

Ririko quickly catches her and security quickly rush in. Cali yells obscenities at Bryan and Katsu is seething as the FWA North American Champion backs up, raising his championship with one hand and his middle finger with the other

The audience, watching this, jeer along as the champion is seen on the screen. The camera goes back to YOKAI Death Squad and Cali is held back by Katsu.

Katsu: “Easy. We got the Trios eliminator first… Save our energy for them. Then we deal with Baxter.”

The commentary team, watching this display, chime in.

Rod Stirling: ”Bryan Bax, Bastard has just put another target on his back, now with Katsu and the rest of YOKAI Death Squad, now eying up the FWA North American Champion.”

Anzu Kurosawa: ”The champion thinks he’s unstoppable, and I think Katsu, along with Chris Crowe, the new number one contender, Jackson Fenix, a lot of people are gunning for him.”

Rod Stirling: ”But Katsu also is wrapped up in the Trios division, so will she also be biting off more than she can chew?”

Anzu Kurosawa: ”I’m not certain, we’ve seen people dip their toes in multiple divisions at once in recent FWA history. It’s possible, but never easy, especially standing across from someone like Bryan Bastard.”

violet.png

We cut to the ring where Jon Russnow is standing by with a large grin on his face, in front of him a table has been set up. It’s decorated with a black cloth and has two steel folding chairs sat at either end of it with two contracts, and two microphones sitting on it. The camera zooms in close enough to read the bold title at the top of the page.

FWA LIGHTS OUT
ALYSTER BLACK
vs.
CHRIS PEACOCK

[video]

The opening lines of the song play to a somewhat hostile response from the crowd. A chorus of boos ring out but there is still a vocal minority cheering and singing along to the words.

The song plays out as it always does until the entire band begins playing, 2 minutes and 38 seconds into the song. Enough time for the vocal majority booing the song to have almost worked themselves into a frenzy, only for them to quickly calm down as Alyster Black steps through the curtain on his lonesome. He takes pause at the start of the entrance ramp for a few moments, allowing the relative peace and occasional cheers to wash over him before the booing resumes as he’s joined by Allan Price.

Rod Sterling: “Here comes one half of the world tag team champions Anzu.”

Anzu Kurosawa: “One half of the world tag team champions, and the number one contender to the world championship that’s currently being held by the other half of the world tag team champions..”

Rod Sterling: “FTN are such belt hogs, you’d think that someone else would be given a chance at the gold. You know, to spread the love around.”

Anzu Kurosawa: “Double champions are all the rage these days.”

Allan gives Alyster a pat on the shoulder and a big thumbs up before the duo make their way down the ramp and toward the ring.

Rod Sterling: “What do you think we’re in for here Anzu? These things don’t usually go off without a hitch, but I don’t see this contract signing getting out of hand. Not with how close Alyster Black and Chris Peacock have become.”

Anzu Kurosawa: “I wouldn’t be too sure about that Rod. You saw what happened at our Anniversary Show, what lengths Chris Peacock went through to defend the FWA World Championship from Alyster Black. Being tackled from the top of the pod and through the ring cannot have been good for their relationship.”

Allen ascends the steps while Alyster slides into the ring. The masked man greets Jon Russnow with a nod as he takes his position at the head of the table, overlooking the entrance ramp whilst Allen is busy barking a few words Jon’s way.

The music slowly dies down and the moment it does Allen bolts out of the ring and sprints up the entrance ramp. He disappears behind the curtain and a few seconds later the theme music of the World Champion begins playing.

[video]

Another 2 minutes and 38 seconds pass. But this time the time has been passed by Alyster Black ascending the ropes and conducting the crowd, singing at the top of his lungs and encouraging the people to join in. This round goes slightly more smoothly than the first, having gotten most of the jeering out of their system the crowd decides to have a little fun and sing along.

That is until their world champion makes his appearance. Stepping through the curtain with Allen Price in tow. Chris Peacock smirks as the singing subsides and hate filled jeers are thrown his way.

Rod Sterling: “Our World Champion has not done anything to endear himself to the people as of late.”

Anzu Kurosawa: “Back in Business was a turning point for Chris Peacock, especially with the way he embraced Allen Price’s actions afterwards.”

Chris saunters down to the ring, mouthing the rest of the words to the song. He and Alyster make eye contact as he reaches the bottom of the ramp, they point at one another and sing the chorus together, shaking their shoulders and heads as they do.

Before long the song ends with Chris and Alyster both shrugging. Chris can audibly be heard swearing loudly and demanding that the production team restart the song as he hasn’t finished his entrance yet. Jon Russnow is forced to intervene, working with Allen Price to calm down the champion and get him into the ring.

Chris and Alyster meet in the centre, going nose to nose as they stare each other down.
Both men are breathing heavily and neither blinks. Alyster steps back for a moment, he reels back with both hands and shoves Chris and lightly as he can. The Champion takes a wild step back, he slowly falls down and does a backward roll, springing up to his feet and immediately shoving Alyster back in slow motion. Alyster begins spinning his arms in the air, desperately trying to maintain his balance but seemingly fails as he slowly but surely tumbles down to the mat. Making sure to bend his knees so that he lands as softly as possible before splaying out and laying flat.

He’s helped to his feet by a laughing Chris Peacock and both men take their seats. Jon Russnow shakes his head before raising a microphone to his mouth.

Jon Russnow: “I hope you boys have gotten that out of your system because this is some serious business right here.”

Both Alyster and Chris nod their heads in response.

Jon Russnow: “Good. You know the drill fellas, you’ve both been here before. What you’ve got right in front of you is a contract for the main event match at Lights Out. Alyster Black versus Chris Peacock for the FWA World Championship!”

The crowd pops wildly for the match, so much so that Chris Peacock is surprised. He looks out amongst the crowd, motioning to himself and they begin showering him with boos again.

Jon reaches into his breast pocket and produces a pen, he hands it to the challenger first.

Jon Russnow: “Now Alyster, please take a moment to read the contract then when you’re ready please sign at the bottom.”

Alyster holds up his copy, carefully scanning it before reaching out and picking up his microphone.

Alyster Black: “This looks good to me but I’m going to need my manager to take a pass at it. Allen?”

Allen Price quickly springs over, taking the contract from Alyster and quickly scanning it. He gives the challenger a thumbs up.

Allen Price: “Looks good to me Aly, shall I do the honours?”

Alyster hands him the pen and Allen signs for him. Allen then walks over to Chris and signs his copy of the contract. He then walks over to Chris’ side of the table and signs the other copy.

Jon Russnow: “Wonderful. Now Champ, it’s your turn.”

Chris doesn’t bother reading the contract, he lazily hands it off to Allen who takes as much time reading again as he took the first time.

Allen Price: “Looks good champ, shall I do the honours?”

Chris nods and Allen proceeds to sign both copies of the contract.

Jon Russnow: “Wow, this went rather painlessly. Usually a big fight breaks out at these things. Are you sure you two don’t have anything you’d like to say to each other going into this match?”

Chris and Alyster both shrug their shoulders before rising from their chairs and meeting each other in the centre of the ring again. They reach out and begin shaking hands. But as Chris tries to walk away Alyster doesn’t let go, pulling Chris back in and staring him down.

Alyster then tries to walk away, only to get pulled back in by Chris.

Both men continue their intense staredown, neither man willing to be the first to let go of the handshake.

Alyster reaches for the desk with his free hand and picks up the microphone.

Alyster Black: “You know what, I do have something to say to you before out match at Lights Out.”

Chris Peacock: “What’s that?”

Alyster Black: “Good luck.”

Chris Peacock: “Thank you, good luck to you too.”

Alyster Black: “Thank you! I hope we can still be friends after I win.”

Chris Peacock: “Nah, I hope we can still be friends after I win.”

Alyster Black: “Now hold on a second there bud, do you really believe you’re going to beat me?”

Chris Peacock: “Alyster, buddy, pal, frienderio, broski. I know I’m going to beat you at Lights Out. Because I am the greatest FWA World Champion who has defended his title time and time again, while your experience with this belt has been heartbreaking. They used to make jokes about me coming in second, but you my friend, you’re the real choke artist. I mean, remember what happened at Lights Out just last year?”

Alyster goes silent for a few moments as the crowd hushes with anticipation. Chris Peacock has crossed a line and they want to see Alyster Black take him down. Instead, he raises the microphone to his mouth.

Alyster Black: “Yeah, well you are in desperate need of being knocked down a peg. And who better do it than your best buddy. Who better to do it than someone who was actually able to beat a weasel? Who better to do it than someone who hasn’t lost a match in the Warehouse!”

Alyster grabs Chris by the shirt and both men go down, rolling over one another and lightly clawing at each other.

Rod Sterling: “Oh my God…do I have to say it?.”

Anzu Kurosawa: “I certainly am not going to.”

Rod Sterling: “CATFIGHT! CATFIGHT! CAAAAAAATFIIIIIIIGHT!”

They roll around on top of one another, making a mockery of the contract signing ceremony before eventually rolling over Allen Price who is trying to break them up.

After running over poor Allen the pair get back to their feet. Alyster pulls Chris’ head down between his legs, he lifts the champion up, looking to powerbomb him through the table…only to safely set him back down to his feet. Both men openly laugh and then hug, much to the dismay of the crowd.

Chris Peacock: “God, could you imagine if we were actually at each other’s throats like that?”

Alyster Black: “As if I’d ever do anything to really hurt you mate. Especially right before a match.”

Chris Peacock: “Right? I mean if you put me through that table I’d probably be in no condition to fight tonight.”

Alyster Black: “After going through the ring at the Anniversary Show I doubt either of us would survive going through a table, we’d probably not be able to show up on Fallout either.”

Just then a lightbulb goes off in Allen Price’s head. He walks over to Alyster Black and mumbles something quietly, but isn’t careful enough to not say it away from the microphone.

Allen Price: “Can you please put me through the table so that I don’t have to wrestle on Fallout? I do not want to go anywhere near those psychos.”

Alyster shakes his head, as does Peacock. But Allen isn’t deterred. He quickly steps up onto the steel chair then on the table, walking to the centre, he closes his eyes then counts down from five before leaping off of his feet and landing flat down on the table, which doesn’t break.

violet.png

///ADVERTISMENT\\\

FADE IN: Laughter and cheerfulness in the background, as a vaguely middle-aged twice-divorced man kneels in front of a kitchen stove, confusedly twiddling and turning the knobs. Behind him, two men with better hairlines observe, as the first man gets his stove going.

MIDDLE-AGED TWICE-DIVORCED: See, just needed some fine tuning, it's still alright.

BETTER HAIRLINE #1: You sure man? Thing is about those stoves, sooner or later they get outdated.

BETTER HAIRLINE #2: Yeah, gotta upgrade and keep with it, or your cooking'll get pretty stale.

MIDDLE-AGED TWICE-DIVORCED: It's just a stove, guys. Can't improve on perfection, y'know?

Suddenly, two more people enter the frame - a vacant-eyed woman body, and a precocious pre-adolescent child.

PRECOCIOUS PRE-ADOLESCENT: Hi Carl!

MIDDLE-AGED TWICE-DIVORCED: Hey sport! You know you can call me dad, right?

PRECOCIOUS PRE-ADOLESCENT: Okay Carl.

VACANT-EYED: Carl, I cannot be with you anymore. Your cooking is stale and the winkles in your face resemble that of a minotaur's labyrinth.

PRECOCIOUS PRE-ADOLESCENT: Boy, if only you had a modern stove that made your cooking less stale. See you every second weekend, Carl!

Middle-aged twice divorced sighs, as Better Hairline #1 & Better Hairline #2 pat him soothingly on the shoulder.

BETTER HAIRLINE #1: Don't say we didn't warn you.

FREEZE FRAME VOICE OF GOD: Has this ever happened to you?

A suit enters frame, head poorly CGI'd onto the body.

VOICE OF GOD: Did you know that 83% of all leading causes of divorce worldwide can be traced back to faulty or out-of-date cooking appliances? It's true! And you can take my word for it, because this is a TV commercial, and since when has TV lied to you? If what you just witnessed seems familiar in any way, then you need to call me, right now, and order the latest in kitchen appliance technology - The Elizabeth Stove!

Middle-Aged Twice-Divorced's stove is suddenly replaced with a sleek, updated model with a bright, blinding flash. By the time the flash subsides, Better Hairline #2 has been vaporized into a mere shadow on the wall in the background.

PRECOCIOUS PRE-ADOLESCENT: Wow! Is that the Elizabeth Stove, dad? I hear it cooks everything in a twenty foot radius using the power of the forbidden realm and expired batteries to the point of delicacy perfection!

Vacant-Eyed suddenly gasps, pushing precocious pre-adolescent to the floor with violence as they rush to embrace Middle-Aged Twice-Divorced.

VACANT-EYED: Oh Carl! I knew you truly cared! Ravish me.

Middle-Aged Twice-Divorced winks at the camera. His hairline suddenly returns. The commercial abruptly ends with no indication of how to invest in an Elizabeth Stove or what actual benefits it has.

\\\END ADVERTISMENT///

violet.png

Returning from the commercial break and back into the ring, Allen Price is still trying to put himself through the table that has been set up in the ring, but no matter what he attempts, he simply cannot break through. In fact he shows an impressive repertoire of moves, with elbow drops and leg drops… but the table simply won’t break. Alyster Black and Chris Peacock stand with their hands on their hips, shaking their heads and almost laughing at the ridiculous attempt to get out of the Fallout 033 main event. Jon Russnow, by the way, is long gone.

Rod Sterling: “Welcome back to Meltdown XXXIII, and I am afraid that we have sat and watched several minutes of a man trying to put himself through a table, after signing the contract for arguably the biggest match of the year on behalf of both participants. I really, really do not know what to make of this, Anzu.”

Anzu Kurosawa: “There’s a reason why neither member of FTN are trying to stop him, despite how disappointed by this turn of events they appear to be. This is just making a mockery of the whole concept, and really, I think that is what these two stand for.”

Somehow, Allen Price manages to pull of a Senton Bomb from the chair onto the table, but it still does not give. Allen drops to the mat, holding his back and he motions for Chris Peacock to try, but Peacock refuses. There seems to then begin a discussion between Peacock and Black over who will be the one to try and put themselves through, but neither want to.

Anzu Kurosawa: “I genuinely think that they will do this all night if no one stops them. In their minds, this contract signing cannot end until someone has been put through that table!”

Rod Sterling: “Just when you thought this couldn’t get any worse…”

The camera zooms in on the suddenly rage-filled eyes of Chris Peacock and he looks to exit the ring and walk up the ramp, but he has to be held back by his tag team partner. The crowd begins to boo loudly even more as Funky Fedora walks out onto the stage excitedly, whooping and hollering as loudly as he can.

Anzu Kurosawa: “What is this idiot doing out here? What has he got to do with the main event of Lights Out?”

Rod Sterling: “Not the Lights Out main event, per se, but if you remember on Fallout 032, FTN destroyed Funky Fedora’s merch stand! They drove that damn truck of theirs straight into it! Maybe Funky is holding a grudge!”

Funky struts down the ramp and then enters the ring where he looks on at the three men inside for a moment… and then breaks into a dance! As he dances, Funky points straight at the FWA World Champion.

Anzu Kurosawa: “I think he’s challenging Chris Peacock to a dance off! Peacock is a sixty-nine time disco dancing champion in New York - they have dozens competitions each year - this may not be the smartest move!”

Continuing to dance, Funky motions once more for Peacock to join him. Peacock seems too heated to get involved at first, but with Black’s encouragement, he steps forward. Chris starts nodding his head in time with the music and then tapping his foot and before long he is busting some moves in the ring with Funky Fedora! Funky tries his best, but no one can keep up with the greatest dancer in wrestling history and Peacock seems to quickly begin to start dancing rings around him.

This prompts Funky to start attempting to dance with Peacock as opposed to against him and he stands behind Chris and starts to mimic his moves. Peacock does not seem to mind at first, swaying from side to side and kicking his legs out. He nods at Funky, indicating that the big finish is coming up as the music starts to crescendo… AND PEACOCK SHOOTS HIS FIST UP, CATCHING FUNKY IN THE JAW WITH FIGHT FEVER!!

Rod Sterling: “That was only going to last for so long - and here FTN go. It is three-on-one on poor Funky Fedora, but I don’t see anyone coming out to help him.”

Even Allen Price joins in as both Peacock and Black begin to put the boots to Funky and Black rips the fedora from his head and wears it on his own over his mask. Peacock motions for Black to lift Fedora up from the mat and Peacock wraps his hand around Funky’s throat, and Alyster does the same. FTN nod at each other… and they lift Funky up… DOUBLE CHOKESLAM THROUGH THE TABLE!!!

The crowd cheers as they always do when someone goes through a table and the camera catches an unconscious Funky Fedora in the table wreckage and then a distraught-looking Allen Price. Black tosses the Fedora into the crowd, and a fan throws it back, but Alyster chooses not to try again. Peacock nudges Funky out of the ring with his boot and then crotch chops in his general direction.

Things in the ring get cleared up and Funky Fedora carted away, which is good timing as it seems that FTN’s opponents for tonight have heard enough and there’s a good reaction for The Coven as the group walks out together. The only person missing from the contingent is Kleio De Santos - so both Blair Ravenwood and Grandma Ethel accompany Celestia Ravenwood and Bellatrix Bordeaux out to the ring.

Trixie makes a point of waving at Chris Peacock, who does not offer anything back and he watches on as Allen Price fumbles to get everything out of the ring from the contract signing.

Katie-Lynn Goldsmith: “The following contest is a non-title tag team match scheduled for one fall with a twenty minute time limit. On their way to the ring and being accompanied by Blair Ravenwood and Grandma Ethel… representing The Coven, they are two thirds of the FWA World Trios Champions… CELESTIA RAVENWOOD and BELLATRIX BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOORRRRDDDEAUX!!!”

Celestia is shown patting the Trios championships around the waists of herself, her sister and Trixie and then motioning that she wants some more and pointing towards FTN in the ring.

Katie-Lynn Goldsmith: “Their opponents, already in the ring… accompanied by Allen Price-”

“BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!”

Katie-Lynn Goldsmith: “They are the FWA World Tag Team Champions… “Black Jesus” ALYSTER BLACK and the FWA World Champion… CHRIS PEACOCK… THEY ARE F! T! N!!!!”

Rod Sterling: “You saw it there, people, The Coven know what a victory tonight could propel them to; they’d have to be considered for a shot at the tag titles if FTN make it past Cyrus and Konchu at Lights Out.”

Anzu Kurosawa: “They’ve got to worry about defending the Trios Championships against either YOKAI Death Squad or The Lumberjacks, first! That being said, The Coven could be a smart bet tonight. There’s no way that Alyster Black is one hundred percent after the Anniversary Show and young Trixie there is undefeated in tag team matches.”

Rod Sterling: “One of those victories came alongside Chris Peacock… and as you can see, Trixie seems to be looking back at that memory rather fondly.”

In the ring, Trixie is positively giddy about being around Chris Peacock again after their times working together prior to his becoming the FWA World Champion. Meanwhile, Peacock is deep in discussion with Black and Price and the three of them share a nod. Allen Price jumps down from the apron and then makes his way over to the commentary table…

Anzu Kurosawa: “He’s not going to come and join us, is he? After that protracted contract signing, I really thought that we’d heard enough from him. I really can’t be fu- Allen! How are you?”

Allen Price: “I’m very well, thank you Anzu. I think you’ll all agree that I oversaw that contract signing with fabulous skill. So I thought I’d come and enjoy this match with two of my best friends.”

Rod Sterling: “Are you going to be okay without your protective box? What if Cyrus Truth comes out here?”

Allen Price: “With the two toughest sons of guns out there watching my back? He won’t even try! Anyway, I’ll be dealing with Cyrus myself on Saturday night. Main event Allen Price, woo!”

As Chris Peacock steps forward for FTN, stepping in for the semi-injured Alyster Black, Trixie Bordeaux is insistent that she gets to start the match with him. Celestia is happy to acquiesce. Therefore referee Matthew Dean calls for the bell!

violet.png

SECOND MATCH || 1/20.
FTN (Alyster Black and Chris Peacock) vs. The Coven (Trixie Bordeaux and Celestia Ravenwood).
Tag Team Match.
Match Writer: Man.
violet.png

<< 00:00. >>

Peacock and Bordeaux approach the centre of the ring, and Trixie nods her head and extends her hand to the man that she has worked with in the past and considers a friend. The FWA World Champion has a blank expression on his face and he looks around to his partner who simply shrugs because he doesn’t care. Peacock then extends his hand and the two of them shake, to a good applause from the crowd, which quickly turns into boos AS PEACOCK PIMP SLAPS TRIXIE ACROSS THE FACE WITH HIS OTHER HAND!

Allen Price: “HAHA! Got her! Come on, Trixie, why would you think something like that would work? Have you not been paying attention?”

Rod Sterling: “Definitely not the wisest move on the part of Bordeaux and she is now at an immediate disadvantage because Peacock brings her in and knocks her down flat with a big Shoulder Block!”

With Bordeaux down on the mat, Peacock grabs a fistful of her her and brings her up as the referee scalds him. He drags Trixie over to the corner and slams her head into the top turnbuckle and then goes to do it again, but Trixie gets her boot up and stops him. Peacock tries again, but once again Bordeaux blocks it. She turns around and screams and then slaps the FWA World Champion across the face!

The crowd cheers and gasps and Bordeaux realised instantly what it is she has done and Peacock then aggressively grabs her by the head and doubles her over, driving her face-first into the mat with a Famouser! Peacock flips Trixie onto her back and presses her shoulders down;

ONE… TWO-NO!!

The pin is broken up by Celestia Ravenwood with a stomp on the back of Peacock’s head. This allows Trixie to slither out from underneath him, and then she sends Peacock into the mat with a Famouser of her own! Trixie then grabs Peacock by the wrist and drags him as close as she can to The Coven’s corner, where Celestia tags herself in.

Anzu Kurosawa: “The Coven are going to do what they can to wear down Chris Peacock, and there’s probably something he is actually enjoying about being dominated by two young women.”

Allen Price: “That’s one of his specialities - he let me watch once!”

<< 03:16. >>

Alyster Black is now legal in the ring with Celestia Ravenwood, after getting a tag in from a frustrated Peacock, who now pouts on the apron. It is evident that Black is not at fully operating capacity, and he gets his head spiked into the mat with a Jumping DDT! Celestia does not go for a cover and tags in Trixie, instructing her to get in position in the corner.

Rod Sterling: “The Coven seem to be plotting something here and I don’t think it is going to be something that Alyster Black is going to enjoy!”

With Trixie having her back to the turnbuckle, she nods and indicates with some trepidation that she is ready for whatever it is that Ravenwood has in mind. Celestia stands in front of her partner and jumps into the air… CELESTIA MONKEY FLIPS TRIXIE… WHO LANDS ON TOP OF BLACK WITH A 450 SPLASH!!!

Anzu Kurosawa: “Woah! What a move! Great athleticism from Trixie, although I’m not really sure she knows what it was that she did!”

The crowd cheer and Trixie seems more shocked than anyone that she was able to pull that off. Bordeaux goes for a pin, with Celestia watching on;

ONE… TWO… NO!!!

The count gets stopped by Chris Peacock elevating himself off of the pin and then taking down Celestia with a Glitterball Drop!

Allen Price: “You want to talk about athleticism, Anzu? That right there, THAT is athleticism like no other on display by the FWA World Champion. Yeah, go on Chris!”

The FWA World Champion laughs as Celestia rolls from the ring and she is helped by her sister. Peacock ignores the jeers and mocks them, prompting Grandma Ethel to rise up onto the ring apron! Ethel starts scalding Peacock. He nods his head and seemingly accepts the criticisms… and Peacock then rocks Ethel with a forearm, knocking her down to the floor!

Rod Sterling: “No class, whatsoever.”

Chris continues to revel in his wickedness, but when he turns around he has Trixie back up and in his face. She tells him off some more, but this allows Alyster Black to approach her from behind and ter Black to pull Trixie back and drive her down into the mat with a Russian Leg Sweep! With Trixie down and holding the back of her head, the referee tries to reestablish order and makes Peacock vacate the ring.

<< 07:11. >>

Alyster Black wrings the arm of Bellatrix Bordeaux, and he then tags in Chris Peacock, who climbs up onto the middle rope and measures her… and he drops a Double Axe Handle down onto Trixie’s head! Bordeaux drops to the mat and Black leaves the ring to allow Peacock to take over.

Rod Sterling: “FTN are just having their way with poorTrixie now, and you can see the concern etched onto the faces of the other members of The Coven. Celestia wants a tag-”

Allen Price: “Did you see that move?! That, right there, is the BEST Double Axe Handle in the business! Honestly, no one is going to hit that move as cleanly as Chris Peacock does.”

With Trixie down, Peacock takes a moment to taunt Celestia Ravenwood by gyrating in her general direction. This causes Celestia to try to enter the ring, but the referee cuts her off, and as such, Peacock drops down and begins to choke Trixie with both hands around her throat. When the official does turn around, Peacock relents and lifts Bordeaux up from the mat and sets her up in the corner.

Peacock steps up onto the middle rope and holds Trixie’s head in place and begins to land punches on the top of her head. Where the crowd would once count along, they are silent and Peacock shakes his head, giving the fans a one fingered salute. However, Bordeaux takes this chance to scurry down between Peacock’s legs towards the middle of the ring. Trixie tries to reach Celestia, but Peacock cuts her off by grabbing her ankle.

Hopping on one leg, Trixie realises that she cannot reach Celestia so she spins around and cracks Peacock with an Enziguiri to the back of the head… and Peacock stumbles back down and lands in a seated position in the FTN corner. Alyster Black reaches down and tags back in, but this is just as Trixie leaps in the air and gets the tag to Celestia!

Anzu Kurosawa: “Trixie made it, what can The Coven do here? A win against the tag champions would really do a lot to boost their credentials heading into Lights Out!”

It is in fact Trixie that goes to meet Black first, but she ducks his attempted forearm strike and continues… and hits a Baseball Slide to Peacock in between his legs! Black winces and then turns around… and Celestia takes him down with a Diving Crossbody! The air time was very impressive and she gets to her feet and measures the former X Champion… and knocks him down with a Spinning Wheel Kick! Celestia goes in for the cover;

ONE… TWO… NO!!!

<< 11:11. >>

Rod Sterling: “The Coven had established somewhat of a foothold in this match, but the FWA World Tag Team Champions seem to have had an answer for everything that they have tried to throw at them and taken every advantage presented to them along the way.”

Allen Price: “That is just the champion mindset, Roddy! We wouldn’t expect someone like you to even begin to understand!”

Black lifts Bordeaux back from the canvas after a Saito Suplex and sends her into the corner roughly and charges in immediately, clattering into Trixie with a running elbow smash. With Trixie then set up in position, Alyster Black begins laying into her with heavy strikes - HE’S HAVING A VIOLENCE PARTY! Poor Trixie has no sort of defence for the barrage and Alyster eventually stops smacking her around at the behest of the referee.

Taking a position in the middle of the ring, Black motions for Trixie to come and meet him, but she does not. In frustration at waiting, Chris Peacock enters the ring illegally and shrugs off the referee to lift Trixie up and he motions for Black to run the ropes. Alyster does, looking for the ONE SHOT KILL - BUT CELESTIA GRABS TRIXIE’S ARM AND PULLS HER OUT OF THE WAY - AND ALYSTER STOPS JUST SHORT OF HITTING HIS OWN PARTNER!

Anzu Kurosawa: “Close call for FTN, there! Here’s Celestia from behind though with a Dropkick to Peacock’s back - and there’s a meeting of the minds for the tag team champions!”

Peacock and Black clunk heads, and the FWA World Champion rolls over towards the ropes and winds up on the apron. Whilst Black teeters on his feet for a few moments… but TRIXIE HITS HIM FROM BEHIND WITH THE HOCUS-POCUS!! The crowd begins to cheer loudly as Black is planted on the back of his head, and Bordeaux crawls into the cover, hooking a leg…

ONE!

TWO!!

THREE-NO!!!

PEACOCK BREAKS IT UP JUST IN TIME!!

The crowd are not best pleased as FTN survives for long enough to stay in the match, but Peacock then gets grabbed by Celestia and thrown out of the ring. Ravenwood gets back into the corner on the apron and gets a tag from an exhausted Trixie.

Rod Sterling: “Alyster Black is in perfect position here for Celestia Ravenwood… all she has to do is get up on the top rope and if she can hit that Hex Bomb, that’s got to be all she wrote!”

Celestia pulls herself up onto the top rope and steadies her footing, but before she can take flight, Alyster Black grabs the referee by the collar and pulls him down on top of him! More boos emanate from the watching crowd, but Black’s action prevents Celestia from hitting her move, which would surely win the match for The Coven. Celestia holds her arms out in protest, demanding that the referee move, but this allows Peacock to get back up onto the apron with his Singapore Cane… AND HE SMASHES THE CANE OFF OF CELESTIA’S BACK!!

The harsh shot causes Celestia to drop to the mat and Peacock is immediately accosted by Blair Ravenwood, but he drops the cane and calls for the referee’s help just as Alyster lets go and all the official sees is Blair getting in the face of an active competitor! Now, Dean demands that Blair back off as he leans through the ropes. With the official distracted again, Peacock slides the cane in to Black and ‘Black Jesus’ measures Trixie Bordeaux… BLACK CRACKS TRIXIE IN THE TOP OF THE HEAD WITH IT!!!

Rod Sterling: “FTN were on the verge of losing this match, people… they’ve managed to do it again. This cannot stand for much longer, surely.”

Allen Price: “Rod, you’re so salty! Everyone has complained that I have helped FTN win their matches, and now they’re doing it on their own, you’re still complaining. You fickle, ignorant baby, Rod Sterling.”

Alyster disposes of the evidence as Chris slides back in the ring. After Chris checks up on Alyster briefly, he helps his partner get Celestia up… AND TOGETHER FTN HIT RAVENWOOD WITH THE LOAD BLOWER!!! The Powerbomb/Lungblower combination hits the mark, and Black goes for a pin;

ONE… TWO… THREE!!!

Winners: FTN by pin fall at 14.02.

Katie-Lynn Goldsmith: ”Here are your winners… Alyster Black and Chris Peacock… F… T… N!"

Black and Peacock both suck in deep lung-fulls of oxygen in the middle of the ring, the match behind them but the effects from it still lingering. The Coven roll out under the bottom rope, regrouping on the outside and licking their wounds before making their way up the ramp. Alyster and Peacock bump fists before the official lifts both of their hands in victory, Try a Little Tenderness blaring out around the arena once more.

Rod Sterling: "An impressive victory here in Botswana for Black and Peacock, defeating two thirds of our current FWA Trios Champions."

Allen Price: "More than impressive, Sterling! World class! FTN are unstoppable!"

Peacock and Black continue to celebrate in the ring, the audience on their feet and launching into a chant of the team’s initialism… which is cut short, suddenly, as the Commitments’ warbling comes to an abrupt halt. The big screen above the stage also shifts from its depiction of events in the ring, to a backstage area, where a young woman - instantly recognisable by the green mohawk on her head - struggles to get to her feet.

Rod Sterling: "That’s Violet Dreyer! A known associate of Alyster Black and, by extension, FTN…"

Anzu Kurosawa: "… and she doesn’t look in the best shape! She’s been busted wide open!"

Indeed, when Violet lifts her head - a look of uncontrollable rage etched upon her face - we see the trickle of blood from a recent wound. A nearby chair, discarded and dented, explains some of this.

Rod Sterling: "But who by?!"

The shot flashes to the two men in the ring, who stare at the screen with perplexed countenances, their championship belts in their hands. Then, once again to the backstage corridor, as Violet forces herself up onto her feet…

… but she’s wiped out by a busaiku knee kick! A flash of brown fur appears on our screen and crashes into Dreyer, once more knocking her off her feet and sprawling to the ground.

Rod Sterling: "weaselperson!!"

Anzu Kurosawa: "We saw weaselperson, or this latest and distinctly familiar version thereof, two weeks ago at the 18th Anniversary Show, where they attacked Alyster Black before the Steel Roulette main event."

Allen Price: "And here they are again targeting the FTN family! This won’t stand!"

It appears the two men in the ring agree, with Black leading the charge up the ramp, closely followed by the World Champion.

Anzu Kurosawa: "Feel free to go help too, Allen."

Allen Price: "… I’ll catch up with them a little later."

As FTN show some urgency and hustle in striding up the ramp, weaselperson wraps Violet’s legs around her own before reaching down and collecting her wrists.

Anzu Kurosawa: "We saw weaselperson attempting this on Alyster Black at the Anniversary Show before security descended on the situation. Looks like they have a little more privacy tonight, though…"

Rod Sterling: "CURBSTOMP!! Violet Dreyer tastes the concrete! We need some help back there!"

Allen Price: "Alyster and Chris are on their way!"

Anzu Kurosawa: "To where, exactly?"

Allen Price: "…"

With Dreyer seemingly out cold, we watch weaselperson crouch on their haunches above her lifeless form. From within the folds of their suit, they produce a plain white envelope, which they proceed to place next to Dreyer’s head. The blood begins to pool and stain the corner of the letter as we fade to black.

violet.png

The following is a WWE.COM exclusive.

Are you feeling lost? Feeling like you are lacking a purpose or meaning in life?

Do you find yourself stuck at home on many of a lonely evening with only your dick in hand for company?

What if I could promise you a chance to Be a Star?

What if I told you that with my help you could join the WWE NETWORK?

For just a mere price of $199.99 you can join the WWE Performance Center today! And for those of you who are feeling extra motivated for the additional cost of $100 a week, I'll let you become an exclusive member of the WWE universe.

0505bb388df0eb44a2cd9005a63818e4.jpg

"Ladies and Gentlemen my name is Trevor Walker. Along with being one of the most skilled competitors in all of wrestling. I am the owner and founder of the Walker Wrestling Experience. Which is the premiere training program around for professional wrestling. My original plan today was to sit down and watch the latest FWA exploits and share with you all my vast knowledge and experience of the world of professional wrestling. Unfortunately that will not be happening and I'll tell you why. When I watched the FWA shows, I didn't see professional wrestlers who could compete under the WWE banner. Instead I saw a mixture of Average Everyday Wrestlers or AEW talents for short and a bunch of totally nondescript assholes who couldn't make any form of Impact!"

"As I've said before AEW talents do not have what it takes to make it in the WWE and nor do TNA wannabes. My program and expertise is exclusive to those willing to pay their dues at the simple cost of $199.99 per week. So if you want that opportunity to here why these so called superstars should put on a headlock or work an arm, than you best be willing to make the sacrifices needed to become a WWE superstar. This offer isn't exclusive either I'm looking for a few good men and .... (Walker sighs) women who are tough enough to make this happen. But let it be known I'm a charitable man deep down, so I will be coming by the FWA looking for recruits. So let me tell you something Jack, if you are sick of looking up at the lights and want a different bitch with whom to spend you tomorrow night. Sign up to be apart of the WWE today!"

violet.png

The camera opens in the office of Jon Russnow, and we see him working on some paperwork at his desk. There’s a knock at the door, but Russnow never even looks up.

Jon Russnow:Come in

The crowd cheers as Tommy Bedlam steps into the frame, the FWA X-Title tossed over his shoulder.

Tommy Bedlam:Russnow.

Jon Russnow:Oh. It’s you. What do you want, Bedlam?

Russnow is obviously not thrilled to see Tommy, lending some credence to what Rocco recently told Tommy about Russnow still not being completely over the way that Tommy took time off following an injury shortly after the launch of Deathswitch Initiative.

Tommy Bedlam:Damn, Jon. Don’t seem so happy to see me. Anyway, let’s just cut through the shit. Lights Out is coming up, I know you’ve been working on the card. I know you’ve already got some stuff lined up, but Rocco says that you still don’t have anything for me. Now, I’m assuming that the fans wanna see another X Rules match, and seeing as I’m the one holding the strap, I do believe I need a dance partner.

Jon Russnow tosses his pen down on his desk and finally makes eye contact with Tommy for the first time.

Jon Russnow: Rocco’s right. I haven’t gotten around to figuring out what you’re going to be doing. I figured that you and Crowe would want to do something together since you both seem to have found one another again, but I’ve got some other plans for him. As far as you go, I guess I need to find a challenger for the X title, don’t I?

There’s another knock at the door.

The enigmatic XYZ appears beside Tommy Bedlam, staring at Tommy and the X Championship before turning his gaze toward Jon Russnow.

XYZ: Bedlam … of the Tommies … you withstood the best I had at the Show of Anniversaries … but that’s not the best I could have.

There’s a pause as now the reigning X Champion squares his shoulders up to face XYZ, who has a teal cloth tied to his neck serving as a cape.

XYZ: I have a little more, a level up, from the blood of the dandelion. Do you … champion of the X … have more you can go?

There’s a momentary pause but before Tommy Bedlam answers, XYZ interjects.

XYZ: UH-UH! You answer too swiftly. Because if you accept, Tommy, this will be my fourth match for the X Championship. And four scores … and seven years ago … the tidal waves of Mount Dora rushed into the ocean’s lips and cast out all the wandering foes. Four … is the limit.

So if you accept, you must know … that if I lose … I will BAN MYSELF … from challenging for the X Championship … as a heroic and noble offering … to a worthy winner.

XYZ bows in front of Tommy and then stands upright, awaiting the response.

Tommy Bedlam: I don’t understand at least half of whatever the hell you just said, but it sounds to me like you just challenged me to another match for the X-Title. If you wanna do this thing again, let’s do it. You and me, Lights Out. X-Title on the line.

XYZ smiles and sweeps his cape across his face before leaving the office. Tommy Bedlam looks back to Jon Russnow.

Jon Russnow:Looks like you have your match for Lights Out, although, I don’t really understand why you both wanted to offer up these things, you asking for a title defense and XYZ saying if he loses he won’t be able to challenge for the belt anymore. Usually, these are forced upon people.

Tommy smiles and as he’s walking away gives a retort.

Tommy Bedlam:You’re right, Jon. There are A LOT of cowards in the FWA. But I ain’t one of them, and that crazy sumbitch that just went out of here ain’t either. Book the damn match.

violet.png

The lights of the stage flash a mixture of neon green, purple, with occasional flashes of red to the music. The screens flash an 8-bit skull logo repeatedly. After about eighteen seconds, the YOKAI Death Squad Trio makes their way out. Katsu keeps her hand to her side, cape flowing behind her. Ririko runs to one side of the stage, amped up, as Cali Hayama hops in place. Ririko joins her partners in the middle of the stage as there are sparks of pyrotechnics. Standing next to Katsu, Ririko spins around and holds up the MAYHEM ‘M,’ her masks ‘tongue’ flopping around. Katsu crosses her arms in front of her, holding her hands in a ‘fox head’ gesture as Cali Hayama kneels down in front of them, pointing her hand out like a sideways gun. The Canadian jumps up as all three begin to head down the ramp.

Katie-Lynn Goldsmith: "Ladies and gentlemen, the following contest is the final of the Trios Eliminator Tournament… introducing first, representing MAYHEM, the Sky Devil, Cali Hayama, the Crazy Ghost, Ririko and the Kitsune Warrior, Katsu… YOKAI DEATH SQUAD!!!”

The three wrestlers head down the ramp before Katsu makes a break for the hard-cam side of the ring. The former FWA Television Champion opens her cape as she slides onto the apron. Cali Hayama jumps onto the apron and jumps over the top rope as Ririko slides into the ring. Katsu quickly does the spits and slides into the ring. Ririko and Katsu head to parallel turnbuckles as Cali Hayama hooks her leg on the top rope, removing her half mask and showing a smirk. All three put down the ‘MAYHEM’ ‘M’ before they all jump off. The three head back to the middle of the ring and exchange a triple fist bump before heading to their corner.

The positive reaction continues for The Lumberjacks and their sister, Lucy Lupone. Lucy seems more eager to interact with the fans while Dan and Doug mean business as they march down to the ring.

Katie-Lynn Goldsmith: "Their opponents, from The Yukon, Canada and weighing in at a combined weight of 750 lb, the team of Dan, Doug, and Lucy Lupone…The Lumberrrrrjacks!"

Rod Sterling: "It’s all come down to this, Anzu! Eight teams entered the Trios Eliminator Tournament, and we’re down to two: the Yokai Death Squad and the Lumberjacks. A shot at the Coven’s FWA Trios Championships at Lights Out in Kinshasa awaits the victors of this highly-anticipated contest…"

Anzu Kurosawa: "But only one of these teams, I imagine, is at full strength. Katsu put in a hell of a performance during the Anniversary Show’s main event, during which she placed third, but in the end she fell victim to the Steel Roulette. I imagine the effects of that match are still lying heavily upon her."

Rod Sterling: "She’ll have to overcome that for the sake of her team, because the Lumberjacks would love nothing more than to cut them down…"

Anzu Kurosawa: "…"

Rod Sterling: "…"

Anzu Kurosawa: "… terrible."

Doug, Dan, and Lucy climb into the ring and stare across it at the Death Squad, who are limbering up in their own corner. As Jackyl fades out, the official conducts his final checks before calling for the bell…

violet.png

THIRD MATCH || 1/30.
YOKAI Death Squad (Katsu, Cali Hayama, and Ririko) vs. The Lumberjacks (Dan LuPone, Doug LuPone, and Lucy LuPone).
Trios Eliminator Tournament Final - FWA Trios Championships #1 Contendership.
Match Writer: SS.
violet.png

<< 00:00. >>

The match starts off with Doug LuPone and Cali Hayama, with the latter beginning to circle the ring whilst the much larger man takes up position in the centre of it. Cali comes in with a quick kick to the side, Doug trying to catch the leg but finding himself too slow for his countrywoman, who quickly darts out of reach again. She repeats the task four times, Doug becoming increasingly infuriated with each strike… until he tires of the cat and mouse and runs through her with a shoulder block! Hayama almost dodges, but the glancing blow is enough to send her stumbling. Doug immediately hits the ropes and follows up with a big boot! There are some cheers and some boos in the crowd as Doug hoists Cali up in a front facelock. He lifts her into the air but stalls in a delayed vertical suplex.

Rod Sterling: "The crowd seems somewhat divided here in Gaborone: seems like a fifty-fifty divide between those cheering for the Death Squad and those behind the Lumberjacks."

Anzu Kurosawa: "Fifty percent crowd support for Cali Hayama means roughly jackshit right now, Rod. All of the blood’s rushing to her head, and Doug’s in no rush to drop her."

In fact, he proceeds to carry Cali over to his corner and tags in Dan. His brother climbs in and positions himself on the other side of Hayama, Doug transferring Cali to Dan and climbing out of the ring. The second LuPone maintains the delayed vertical for another ten seconds… and then slamming her down with the suplex! He gets up to cheers from his team’s half of the crowd, but that quickly turns to boos when a trio of interlopers are seen on the stage. The camera cuts to pick them up…

Anzu Kurosawa: "Here come the Coven, who count amongst their number all three of the FWA Trios Champions, but only one of them is out here now."

Rod Sterling: "Trixie and Celestia were just competing a few minutes ago, but it seems the rest of the contingent want to keep a close eye on this match. Unsurprising, considering the winner will face them for their championships in Kinshasa."

Dan LuPone is distracted by Blair Ravenwood, Kleio De Santos, and Grandma Ethel sauntering down the ramp. He watches them with a nonplussed look on his face, ignoring the cries from his brother and sister to focus on the match… and turns around into a spinning heel kick from Cali! It’s enough to knock him back towards a corner, Hayama following up with a facelock and then, after moving towards her corner, a tornado DDT!! Dan is spiked on his head and Cali hurries into the cover…

ONE… TWO… NO!

The Lumberjack gets a shoulder up.

Rod Sterling: "Looks like we’re about to have some company here at the booth, Anzu. Watch your manners."

Anzu Kurosawa: "… what’s wrong with my manners?"

Grandma Ethel: "You don’t mind if I join you, do you? I can’t stand for thirty minutes, if they go that long. Hope not. ‘Less broadways, more roll-ups’. That’s what they used to say in my day…"

Ethel settles in whilst Kleio and Blair circle the ring, watching the contest unfold within. Cali tags in Ririko, the Death Squad looking to consolidate their advantage…

<< 06:10. >>

Ririko charges into the back of Dan LuPone with a chop block, taking him out at the knees and sending him back to the mat. This has largely been the YOKAI Death Squad’s tactics in isolating the big man, with Cali, Ririko, and very occasionally Katsu focussing on his legs over the opening stretch. Dan clambers to his knees but is caught by a knee lift from Ririko, followed by a swift combo of an uppercut, elbow smash, and spin kick to the gut. He’s doubled over and she applies a front facelock.

Rod Sterling: "Dan LuPone eats a second DDT!"

Grandma Ethel: "Don’t they know any other moves? That one’s almost as old as I am. This is like watching the Menage."

Anzu Kurosawa: "The old ones are the best, Grandma! Ririko goes for the cover…"

ONE… TWO… NO!

Rod Sterling: "Kickout from LuPone, but he’s becoming increasingly in dire need of a tag to one of his siblings…"

Dan rolls over and starts to crawl over towards his corner, but Ririko proceeds to hit some stomps to the back and the head. Dan gets to his knees, and Ririko follows up with stiff kicks to the abdomen, which Dan seems to absorb. He takes a half-dozen of them, and then lets out a loud battle cry in Ririko’s general direction.

Dan Lupone: ”TIIIIIMBEEEEEEEEEEEEEER!"

LuPone gets to his feet, and Ririko replies by sending eight quick kicks to his sides and his chest, the last one a jumping kick to the side of the head. LuPone is only momentarily staggered, and then repeats his cry. Ririko is unfazed, and charges off the ropes behind her…

Anzu Kurosawa: "A blind tag there from Cali Hayama - I don’t think Dan saw it…"

Rod Sterling: "Ririko ducks beneath LuPone’s clothesline and hits the ropes again… and then eats a massive big boot!! She rolls beneath the bottom rope!"

Anzu Kurosawa: "But Dan LuPone turns around into a springboard hurricanrana from Cali! Modern enough for you, Grandma?"

Grandma Ethel: "Please. I was doing that back in the fifties, honey."

Cali hooks the leg…

ONE… TWO… THR – NO!

Dan kicks up, but a little less emphatically, and Cali looks to grind him down further with a grounded headscissors…

<< 12:41. >>

Ririko has Dan down with what is probably an ill-advised reverse chin lock, the referee having checked his hand and him resisting its fall. He clenches his fist and, with his half of the crowd cheering him on, begins to fight up to his feet. Ririko transitions into a side headlock, but senses it slipping away when LuPone thuds into her with elbows to the midsection. She eventually lets go and tries to batter him with forearm strikes, which succeed in backing him up into the ropes. She takes him by the wrist and tries to Irish whip him across the ring.

Grandma Ethel: "What is it the children say? EL OH EL. I think that’s it. No chance of shifting that big boy, sugarplum."

Anzu Kurosawa: "… this is weird, right?"

Rod Sterling: "Watch your manners, Anzu."

Just as Ethel imagined, it’s an easy reversal for Dan, who checks his momentum and then whips Ririko into the ropes instead. She ducks his first attempt at a clothesline, and then leapfrogs his big back body drop, hitting the ropes a third time…

Anzu Kurosawa: "Another blind tag, this time Katsu tagging Ririko as she hits the ropes… and the Crazy Ghost is wiped out by another big boot!!"

Rod Sterling: "Here comes Katsu, and I think that was another blind tag as she entered the room, Cali now the legal woman… a second big boot! This time for Katsu!"

Anzu Kurosawa: "And a third for Cali!! Dan LuPone is clearing house!!"

He hones in on Cali, the legal woman, lifting her off the ground like she’s a small child. Then, contrary to what you’d do if this was a small child (hopefully), he hurls her across the ring with a fallaway slam! Dan goes for the cover…

ONE… TWO… NO!

The pinfall is leapt upon by Ririko and Katsu! This in turn prompts Doug and Lucy LuPone to finally enter the ring, Doug taking Katsu out with a big boot, whilst Lucy hits Ririko with a floatover DDT!!

Rod Sterling: "The referee has lost complete control here! Doug throws Katsu over the top rope and follows her out, whilst Ririko rolls out and then eats a baseball slide from Lucy!"

Anzu Kurosawa: "Looks like we’re getting a little carnage, Rod! You love to see it!"

Grandma Ethel: "Don’t be so gauche, sweetheart. Nobody respects the rules any more. Not like we did in my day…"

The four continue to brawl on the outside, whilst Dan lifts up Cali and backs her into the corner with a big headbutt. He hurls her across the ring and charges in, attempting to squash her with a big splash… but Cali dives out of the way, LuPone hitting the turnbuckles chest first. He stumbles back into the middle of the ring, but has enough where-with-all to duck beneath Cali’s attempted roundhouse. Dan continues to the ropes, going for another big boot…

Anzu Kurosawa: "Not this time! Cali ducks beneath it… and then hits a Pele kick! Dan is sent staggering towards the ropes."

Rod Sterling: "Hayama charges in for a clothesline, but it’s ducked by Dan, He hoists her up and over with a big back body drop, but Cali lands on the apron…"

Anzu Kurosawa: "SHE’S GOT HIM BY THE BEARD!!"

Grandma Ethel: "Good gracious! That’s a man’s beard!"

Cali holds on tight and uses the facial hair to drag Dan down throat-first over the top rope. He stumbles into the middle of the ring and turns to face Hayama… who nails him with a springboard forearm strike!! Dan LuPone is knocked off his feet, YDS’s portion of the crowd finding their voice again.

Rod Sterling: "Dan is stirring, but I don’t know if he knows where he is! This is Cali’s opportunity…"

Anzu Kurosawa: "She sees that too, Rod! Here it comes… ETHER CALAMITY!!!!"

Hayama gets all of the ‘Destino’, and on the outside we see Ririko whip Lucy LuPone into the steel steps. As Cali hooks the far leg, the Crazy Ghost joins Katsu in diving on top of Doug on the apron, stopping him from entering the ring.

ONE… TWO… THREE!!

Winners: The YOKAI Death Squad by pinfall at 15:02.

Cali is slow to climb to her feet, and finally manages to do so with some assistance from Ririko and Katsu. The official joins the end of the line, lifting their hands in victory.

Katie-Lynn Goldsmith: "Here are your winners… and the number one contenders for the FWA Trios Championships… Katsu, Cali Hayama, and Ririko… the YOKAI Death Squad!!"

Rod Sterling: "Which means, of course, they will face the Coven at Lights Out. Any thoughts on that, Ethel?"

Grandma Ethel: "One can’t sit around thinking all day, young Master Sterling. Things to be done."

With that, Ethel leaves the booth and joins Blair and Kleio on the outside of the ring. They lock eyes with their next challengers in the ring, Blair taking a step forward and polishing the gold of her championship belt with a sleeve. The Death Squad exchange hushed whispers about the champion and her entourage in the ring until they turn away, Blair, Kleio, and Ethel beginning their slow walk up the ramp.

Once more, in the middle of the ring, the YOKAI Death Squad celebrate their tournament win, the whole audience showing appreciation of their efforts as we fade out from the scene.

violet.png

Static fills the airwaves for a brief moment before the picture is clear and sitting before us is “The Wildcard” Jason Randall. A man that hasn’t been seen since Back in Business. He’s sitting in a dimly lit room. Your basic setting but Randall has never been one for flash and pizzazz.

The Wildcard still looks the same with his facial hair and the hair on his head. He’s wearing a retro Penny t-shirt with a caricature of Penny and her cat Fred on it with the text “Eccentric Dreamer” in dark red lettering, and along with that he has on black Nike branded gym shorts and sneakers.

“For months I’ve heard the questions, where have you been, Wildcard? Where has The Wildcard gone off too? Actually no, no one has asked those questions. It’s been about, what? Two months since I last appeared on FWA television. Back in Business XVII. I lost to Death Walker and XYZ in a number one contender’s match for the X-Championship. XYZ pinned me and then he went on to lose to Tommy Bedlam. The same man that pinned me went on to lose. If it were me I would not have lost, but that is neither here nor there.”

“I haven’t been around since then and why? Why haven’t I been around? I don’t know. Ask the suits in the back. I’ve tried to get on the show ever since Back in Business but they have nothing for me. I’ve been here before, I’ve played this game. Creative has nothing for you. I can’t find my way on the anniversary show when I’ve been here for 8 and a half years! That’s the thanks that I get, huh?”

“I have to sit back and watch as other men and women get opportunities handed to them. People have made returns and new faces that get opportunities handed to them without earning it. Where’s my opportunity? Why can’t I get those same opportunities, huh? You know, I’ve had it up to here. I’m sick of waiting around. I’m not going to sit back anymore, I'm going to take what’s mine. I know you've heard me say that before but this time I mean it. I don’t care who it is but I will be at Lights Out in a match.”

“About a month ago there was a tropical storm that wrecked havoc on my hometown. Well, let me tell you, there’s a storm coming to Lights Out and I’m going to wreak havoc on anyone that is standing in my way…”

The feed cuts out abruptly…

violet.png

The iconic lyrics of Bon Jovi kick in and the crowd gets to their feet, showing their excitement as the FWA X Champion walks out from the back to loud ovation from the crowd. Tommy Bedlam walks out and stands at the top of the ramp, the FWA X-Title proudly around his waist. He takes off his signature black cowboy hat and tips it to the crowd as he is now joined by his manager, Rocco. Rocco high fives Tommy before he makes his way down to the ring, high-fiving the fans who hang their arms over the security barrier along the way.

Katie-Lynn Goldsmith: "Ladies and gentlemen this is your MAIN EVENT OF THE EVENING! Introducing first, hailing from Sweetwater, Texas… being accompanied to the ring by Rocco Sullivan… he is the FWA X CHAMPION… TTTTTTOOOOOOOMMMMYYY BEEEEEDDLAAAMM!”

Rod Sterling: “The crowd here in Botswana, much like everywhere else we visit, have certainly bought into Bedlamania. And who can blame them… he’s on a streak like he’s never seen before in his career, capped off by picking up the X Championship at Back in Business from Shawn Summers, reunited with Chris Crowe, and picking up a big defense at the Anniversary Show against XZY!”

Anzu Kurosawa: ”He was already on a hot streak, but it seems like the return of Deathswitch has taken Bedlam to that next level.”

Rod Sterling: “But tonight, he is up against a man who has been not only been dominant lately, including extremely decisive victories over Mike Parr and Juan Tothrefor, but Big Bryan Bastard has been on a tear for really the last year, dating back to last year’s F1.”

As Tommy climbs into the ring, he steps up on the second turnbuckle, throws his long, leather duster back, and points down toward his X-Title, throwing the crowd into another frenzy. Tommy jumps down, removes his duster and the X-Title, handing them off to ringside as he awaits his opponent.

Katie-Lynn Goldsmith: ”And his opponent, hailing from Hickory North Carolina, he is the FWA North American Champion… BIG BRYAN BBBBBBBBAAAAASSSSSSSSSTTTAAARRRDDDD!”

The cheers for Tommy quickl transition into deafening boos as Bryan Baxter, now preferring to refer to himself as Big Bryan Bastard when he steps ito the ring, walks out from the back. Baxter stops on the top of the stage, pulling back his glossy red letterman jacket to reveal the FWA North American Title wrapped around his bulky waist. The back of the letterman jacket now longer reads “Buddy System” and instead reads “BASTARD” across the back.

Rod Sterling: “It’s been a busy night already for Big Bryan Bastard… he started the show off by scouting out his Lights Out opponent and then had a confrontation with Katsu and the YDS.. if you factor in his issues with Tommy’s pal Chris Crowe, Baxter’s enemy list continues to grow by the day.”

Anzu Kurosawa: ”That’s pretty much been the story since his debut here in FWA. He hasn’t made many friends… and the two friends he did have… both are M.I.A. Bill Scorpane was last seen gallivanting with the Nephews while Jeremy Best hasn’t been seen since being buried alive by Krash at Back in Business.”

Rod Sterling: “It hasn’t stopped his run of success, however. What a match this should be. Champion vs. Champion. Two of the hottest acts in FWA right now going at it. And given the style both these men wrestler… this one should be hard hitting!”

Baxter slowly makes his way down to the ring and climbs in. He stares down Tommy, but instead of removing his gear, he asks for a microphone.

Bryan Baxer: “Tommy Bedlam! So good to see you again! If I recall correctly, the last time we got together in a wrestling ring, we were beatin’ the ever lovin’ shit out of a couple of pieces of trash known as Mike Parr and Shawn Summers. I gotta say… that was a lot of fun, wasn’t it?”

Bedlam grins and nods his head in agreement.

Bryan Baxer: “Yeah, yeah… I thought so too, man. And I can’t help but notice… you’ve gone and made some new friends since then… well I guess, reunited with some old ones.”

Once again Bedlam nods, this time with a smirk as Baxter is, of course, referring to Bedlam’s partner Chris Crowe. A man who has his eyes solidly on Baxter’s North American Championship.

Bryan Baxer: “Hahaha - it’s all good, my man. I won’t hold who your friends are against ya. I mean, I’m one to talk. I’m friends with Jeremy Best!”

The mere mention of the name no one wants to particularly speak about sends boos through the audience.

Bryan Baxer: “But Tommy, from our very… very brief time together as a tag team… I developed some respect for you. You’re as tough as nails. You’re a badass. You don’t take shit… you know, much like me. And much like me, I think you seem to be a reasonable man. And also much like me… we’ve both got quite a bit going on in our personal lives these days, now don’t we? Congratulations on the baby boy, by the way.”

Baxter’s allusion to the recent birth of his and Randi’s boy Walker has Tommy beaming with pride in the ring as the crowd shows their own respect with a standing ovation for him.

Bryan Baxer: “Here here! Yeah! Give it up! He deserves it. Absolutely. And I have no doubt in my mind that you’re going to be an amazing father, Tommy. Much better than your own, that’s for sure.”

An “OOOOOOOH” goes through the crowd as Baxter smirks. The smile quickly faded from Tommy’s face.

Bryan Baxer: “And that’s why… that’s why Tommy, I think you’d rather be anywhere than a wrestling ring tonight. Your old man wasn’t around for you as a kid… you don’t wanna follow in those footsteps, now do ya? And quite frankly, there’s no reason we need to have this match. Neither of our titles are on the line. Who cares? What are we doing this for? The fans? If these fans give one shit about you and your new family, then they’d be telling you to get the fuck outta this ring and go be with your baby. So.. .whattaya say, pal - let’s just call it a night early?”

Tommy Bedlam: “You know what, at least part of what you said is right. Yes, I’d rather be back home in Texas tonight, and before you folks boo me outta this building, I promise, it’s got nothing to do with you. I’d rather be at home with my fiance and my son.”

Baxter gets a bit of a smile on his face as it seems like Tommy is agreeing with his idea.

Tommy Bedlam: “I wouldn’t look too happy if I were you, Baxter. Now, as much as I appreciate the congratulations on Walker’s birth, there’s a couple problems with your whole idea of us canceling this little match and me taking my ass back home to Sweetwater. First, I’m already in Africa, hoss. Best I can tell, it was about a 15 hour flight here to Bostwana, and it’s gonna be about a 15 hour flight home. I don’t think me taking off a few minutes early is gonna make that damn big of a difference. Second, these folks went and spent their hard-earned money to come to FWA Meltdown tonight, and I just don’t think it’d be right to send them home without the main event that they paid for. So before I get my ass back on a plane and fly 15 hours back to Texas, I’m gonna give these people what they paid for and let them watch me whip your ass all over this place.”

Bryan Baxer: “I was worried you’d say that. You really are an honorable guy, Tommy. I guess that’s where you and me start to differ. Earlier tonight, I issued someone a warning. I warned them what it’s like to step into the ring with a Bastard. Now at Lights Out… I’m gonna step into the ring with Jackson Fenix and I can’t wait to unleash the Bastard on him. And if I ever step into the ring with Katsu or Chris Crowe… again, more than happy to let the Bastard put both of them in a hospital bed. But Tommy, I do like you. Really, I do. And I feel for your kid. So what I’m gonna do tonight… is for you. It’s not just for you… it’s for your family. Because tonight… you can get on that plane and take that fifteen hour flight back home… and that little baby boy will actually get to see his father.”

Baxter drops the microphone and turns his back to Bedlam before climbing out through the ropes and dropping down to the floor from the apron.

Rod Sterling: “What is going on? Is he leaving?”

Anzu Kurosawa: “It would appear Bryan Baxter wants nothing to do with this match or Tommy Bedlam! He says he’s doing Tommy a favor but I think he’s just a coward!”

As the crowd boos loudly Bryan walks up the aisle. In the ring, Tommy Bedlam is beside himself, lifting up his arms in frustration. Baxter waves to Tommy as he turns and heads up toward the curtains..

Only to be confronted by…

CHRIS CROWE!

Rod Sterling: “Not so fast, Bryan Bastard! Because Tommy’s Death Switch partner… the man Bryan Baxter clearly wants nothing to do with.. isn’t about to let him get away that easy!

BBB quickly puts on the brakes as he spots Crowe, slowly walking out from the back, cutting off his exit. Thinking fast, Bryan decides to head to the left of the stage. Luckily for him there was more than one exit to the arena.

But before he can make it around to the other side of the arena… blocking is path is KATSU with the rest of YDS right behind her!

Anzu Kurosawa: “It’s Katsu and the YOKAI Death Squad! Baxter might regret that run in with them earlier tonight now!”

Baxter once again stops in his tracks, stumbling backward as he turns and heads back to the ramp where Crowe is still standing at the top of the stage. Crowe wags his finger with a smile as Baxter nearly trips over his feet on the ramp as he now heads to the right of the stage and tries to exit that way.

But once again… he is met with a roadblock.

Jackson Fenix and Nate Savage!

”You’ve gotta be kiddin’ me!”

Rod Sterling: “The Undisputed Alliance are no strangers to run-ins with Bryan Baxter and the Buddy System… but at Lights Out, Jackson Fenix gets his first singles match with Baxter! And he joins the triumvirate of forces keeping Baxter from getting out of tonight’s match up!”

Jackson Fenix and Nate Savage look eager to get their hands on their long time rival, but Baxter once again puts it in reverse and finds himself heading back to aisle once again… he finds himself staring down Crowe, Katsu, and Fenix… but he has forgotten all about his actual opponent… and Tommy Bedlam is going to make sure he doesn’t forget about him as he leaves the ring and charges at Baxter with a big running forearm to the back!

Bedlam spins Baxter around and swings a right hand, connecting right with Baxter’s face before Irish Whipping Baxter down the aisle toward the ring and right into the ring apron!

Tommy shouts out, playing to the supportive crowd before he tips his hat to Crowe, Katsu, and Fenix. ”Give ‘em Hell!” Crowe encourages as he turns and walks back up the ramp. The YDS and UA join Crowe in heading to the back, allowing Tommy to take care of business.

violet.png

FOURTH MATCH || MAIN EVENT || 1/20.
Tommy Bedlam vs. Big Bryan Bastard
Singles Match.
Match Writer: Dubb.
violet.png

Baxter rolls into the ring, staggering to his feet as Tommy slides under the bottom rope to enter as well, leading FWA Official Richard Davis to call for the bell to officially begin the match! Picking up where he left off outside the ring, Tommy immediately goes right after the North American Champion with a series of punches, backing Baxter up into the ropes! Tommy takes Baxter by the arm and sends him into the opposite rope with an Irish Whip, but Baxter reverses it! Tommy hits the ropes and bounces back into Baxter with a shoulder block…

But Baxter stands firm, absorbing the blow! Baxter shakes his head at Tommy as if he had just made a serious mistake before he strikes the cowboy with a hard hand of his own in the center of the ring! Tommy stumbles back as Baxter hits two more right hands and goes for a third…

But TOMMY BLOCKS IT! And Tommy instead hits a big headbutt to Baxter! Baxter stumbles back, but so does Tommy.

Anzu Kurosawa: “A couple hard heads colliding there - I can’t tell who took the worst of that!”

Rod Sterling: “I’m not sure either, but if it’s any indication, Baxter just came back and scored a headbutt of his own to Bedlam!”

Tommy staggers backwards after the return headbutt from Baxter. The Bastard continues on the attack as he takes Tommy by the arm and whips him into the corner. BBB follows in with a running clothesline to the cornered Bedlam - all 300+ pounds of Bryan Bastard sandwiching Bedlam against the turnbuckles!

With Bedlam cornered, Baxter lifted up his hand high into the air… and brought it down with a hard and STIFF open hand chop to Tommy’s bare chest. OOOOHs ring through the crowd once again, this time as of the entire crowd winced at once from the sound of the stiff chop from Baxter. But he wasn’t done yet as he lifted up his hand again and brought down another STIFF open hand chop!

AND AGAIN!

A big red handprint the size of BBB’s palm is left on Bedlam’s chest, but once again… the North American Champion isn’t done as he now begins to stomp a mudhole into Bedlam, burying him down to the mat in the corner. With his opponent now seated in the corner, Baxter backed away, proud of his work as the crowd booed him loudly. But he ignored the boos and ran in with a running hip attack to the cornered Bedlam!

Rod Sterling: “Tommy Bedlam got the jump on Baxter to start the match, but the North American Champion has now turned the tide and taken control here early on.”

Still in trouble in the corner, Tommy finds himself with a boot across his throat as Baxter chokes him with his foot against the turnbuckles. One - Two - Three - Four - Baxter breaks it amid threats of disqualification from the referee. BBB turns and barks at official Richard Davis, giving Tommy the opportunity to grab the ropes and he begins to pull himself up.

Noticing Tommy recovering, Bryan charges in… and Tommy drops down, pulling the top rope down and Baxter’s own momentum sends himself over the top rope to the floor! Bryan Bastard pulls himself up, showing some frustration in his misstep, slamming his fists on the apron. Tommy was still trying to shake his own cobwebs off in the ring as Bryan climbed up to the apron beginning to re-enter the ring..

BUT TOMMY RUSHES TO THE ROPES..

SPEAR THROUGH THE ROPES!

Both Tommy and Baxter spill to ringside!

Rod Sterling: “A rare high risk maneuver from Tommy Bedlam! Putting his body on the line there!”

Anzu Kurosawa: “He’s the X Champ now Rod. We’ve seen the Cowboy show a different side of himself since that feud with Shawn Summers and the reunion with Chris Crowe!”

Both wrestlers slowly pull themselves up at ringside with Tommy back up first, he strikes with a big uppercut to Baxter! Baxter staggers backwards as Tommy gets a head of steam… he rushes in with a big flying forearm shot that sends Baxter spilling over the guard rail and into the front row of fans!

The fans at ringside are all about Tommy’s resurgence here as they are on their feet and the fans at ringside give him a multitude of pats on his back as he approaches the guard rail where Baxter tries to pull himself up. Tommy grabs Baxter’s head and looks to attempt a suplex to the big man over the guard rail back to ringside..
But the Bastard fights it off! He slams Tommy head first into the guard rail and instead he now hooks Bedlam for a suplex… he lifts the cowboy up in the air… security moves the fans out of the way to clear space…

AS BAXTER DROPS TOMMY WITH A VERTICAL SUPLEX ONTO THE CHAIRS AT RINGSIDE!

Rod Sterling: “Oh jeez! Tommy’s back just bent across those ringside chairs!”

Anzu Kurosawa: “Meanwhile, they need to be cognisant of the referee’s count here… there could easily be a double count out here!”

”SEVEN!” was the count from Davis as Baxter rolled himself over the guard rail, leaving Tommy struggling to his feet. Baxter rolls under the bottom rope, saving himself from count out but has no interest in exiting the ring again to reset the count. Instead, he looks prepared to win by countout!

Rocco rushes over and encourages Tommy as he pulls himself up on the railing.

”EIGHT!”

Now aware of the count, Tommy finishes pulling himself up and climbs over the rail. ”NINE!”

Bedlam slides back into the ring and stops the count… only to get stomped right in the back of the head by Baxter!

Rod Sterling: “Tommy Bedlam avoids the countout but he runs right into the waiting attack of Bryan Bastard once again!”

BBB grins as he continues to put the boots to Bedlam, preventing him to get to his feet. He then adds more punishment as he bounces off the ropes and hits a falling headbutt right to Bedlam’s back - focusing in on where he had struck the ringside chairs. Baxter rolls Bedlam over onto his back and makes the first pinfall attempt of the match.

ONE! TWO! KICKOUT!

Another couple of stomps are delivered to Tommy before Baxter grabs him by the hair, pulling him back up to his knees. Baxter sets Bedlam up into powerbomb position and he walks toward the turnbuckles, looking for his Buckle Bomb…

BUT TOMMY FIGHTS BACK! Clubbing blows atop Bastard and his forehead… slowly rocks BBB and DOWN HE GOES with Tommy landing on top of him! Bedlam reaches back and hooks a leg himself!

ONE! KICKOUT!

But when Baxter begins to get back to his feet, he’s caught by a running Bedlam with a Thesz Press! Bedlam unleashes a flurry of punches to Baxter while he mounts him! The X Champion pops back up off BBB, tossing his arms up into the air - fired up as the crowd roars in approval, but Rocco keeps Bedlam focused from ringside.

Sure enough, Bryan Bastard was already getting back to his feet so Bedlam met him with a series of hard forearm shivers to the side of the head, rocking Baxter back against the ropes. Tommy with the Irish Whip to Baxter, sending him to the opposite ropes. Baxter charges back and he ducks a clothesline from Bedlam! Baxter comes back off the ropes..

INTO A SPINEBUSTER FROM TOMMY!

Anzu Kurosawa: “Oh my! I feel bad for the mat!”

Rod Sterling: “The spine on the pine from Bedlam and now he goes for the pin”

ONE! TWO! KICKOUT!

Bryan Bastard rolls toward the ropes, grabbing the ropes to pull himself up… but in comes Bedlam with a running clothesline! It connects and sends Baxter back over the rope to the floor once again! Baxter spills to the floor as Tommy climbs the turnbuckles, tossing his arms up as the crowd once again cheers in support of the X Champion.

Frustration is once again evident on the face of BBB as he gets up to his knees at ringside. He tosses the ring apron up and pulls a table out, much to the chagrin of referee Davis, who warns Baxter. But Bryan ignores it and leans the table against the guard rail. While doing so, Rocco makes the mistake of confronting Baxter - who proceeds to grab Rocco by the collar of his shirt! Baxter threatens to put Rocco through the table…

But in comes Bedlam, sliding out of the ring and charging at Baxter with a running back elbow! BBB stumbles backward toward the table…

Anzu Kurosawa: “Baxter is dangerously close to falling victim to his own plunder here!”

Bedlam backs up, measuring up Baxter as he holds himself up using the table… and he charges in.

SPEAR!

NO!

BAXTER MOVES! TOMMY GOES CRUSHING THROUGH THE TABLE INSTEAD!

Rod Sterling: “The tables may be turning here, no pun intended!”

Anzu Kurosawa: “Someone needs to tell these guys this isn’t a X Rules Match!”

Pulling Bedlam up from the debris of the table by his head…

AND TOSSES BEDLAM HEAD FIRST INTO THE STEEL RINGPOST!

The cowboy drops to the floor, but Bryan Bastard isn’t done on the outside. He helps Tommy up off the ground, and proceeds to drill him head first to the floor with a PILEDRIVER!

The boos are loud as Baxter pulls Tommy back up off the mat and rolls his lifeless body back into the ring. Baxter climbs back into the ring… pulling Tommy’s motionless body over to the corner of the ring. Bryan slowly ascends the turnbuckles to the middle ropes.

Anzu Kurosawa: “Now what’s he doing?”

Rod Sterling: “The ropes are certainly no-man’s land for Bryan Bastard! We’ve seen him attempt to go up top in the past… and it has never gone well for him!”

While Bryan Bastard does not climb all the way to the top, he does stop there on the middle ropes as he begins to bounce… and he JUMPS UP OFF THE ROPES…

SEATED SENTON DOWN ONTO TOMMY’S CHEST!

Rod Sterling: “It’s a BASTARD DROP if I’ve ever seen one!”

Baxter sits atop Tommy’s chest for the pinfall attempt.

ONE!

TWO!

THREE!

NO!

Tommy got his shoulder up at the last possible second!

Anzu Kurosawa: “How?! How did he do that! 300 pounds just came off the ropes right on top of him! How in the world did Tommy Bedlam kick out of that?!”

Baxter was clearly surprised himself, thinking his new move would’ve certainly been enough to put the X Champion away, but Bedlam wasn’t going down yet! Blood was pouring out of Tommy’s head from the damage he took outside the ring, it pooling in the corner as he begins to try and pull himself up while Baxter argues with referee Davis.

”I’M DONE WITH THIS!” Baxter shouted as he stepped through the ring out to the apron, jumping down to the floor. He walked over and grabbed a steel chair, folding it up… but Rocco tries to stop him! But Bryan Bastard shoves Rocco to the mat easily before sliding into the ring.

Rod Sterling: “He’s going to get himself disqualified!”

Anzu Kurosawa: “I don’t think he really cares, Rod.”

But as soon as BBB enters the ring with the chair, Richard Davis is there to take it from him! He pulls the chair away, surprisingly easily from Bryan Bastard. He then walks away to return the chair to ringside…

And Bastard reaches into his tights, sliding his BRASS KNUCKLES ONTO HIS HAND!

Rod Sterling: “A misdirection!”

Tommy slowly pull himself up… wiping the blood away from his eyes…

AND TURNS AROUND INTO THE BRASS KNUX PUNCH FROM BAXTER!

Bedlam drops to the mat like a sack of potatoes!

Anzu Kurosawa: “No! Come on!”

Bryan Bastard drops down to his knees and makes the pin. Richard Davis returns to his position as Rocco is beside himself at ringside.

ONE!

TWO!

THREE!

Bryan Baxter once again…

WAIT NO! TOMMY KICKED OUT!

Rocco nearly jumped out of his skin at ringside, celebrating the kickout as the fans seemed ready to blow the roof off the building with the kickout. Baxter shook his head frantically as he was now the one beside himself from another nearfall.

Furious, Baxter got back up and began to demand Bedlam to get back to his feet, as he primed himself up for another punch with those brass knuckles.

Rod Sterling: “He’s going to get in another shot here!”

Bryan charges in for another punch with the brass knux… BUT RICHARD DAVIS GRABS HIS ARM!

”WHAT THE FUCK?!” Bryan Bastard yells out at the referee, who proceeds to pull the brass knuckles off BBB’s hand… as Tommy comes in with a RUNNING BIG BOOT TO BAXTER!

Bryan Bastard drops to a knee before slowly pulling himself up into the waiting kick from Bedlam. He hooks Bryan for The Bullseye… but Bryan escapes it with a Northern Lights Suplex reversal! Baxter doesn’t bridge for the pinfall, instead he gets back up as Tommy is also trying to get to his feet and lifts Bedlam up with a spinning sitout powerbomb for the cover!

ONE! TWO! THRE-NO!

Baxter punches the canvas repeatedly after another kick out by Tommy.

Anzu Kurosawa: “Tommy Bedlam will not die! This cowboy looks ready to climb back into the saddle once again!”

The anger and frustration evident on his face, Bryan lifts Tommy up, placing his head under his arms and tossing Tommy’s right arm over his own head… before lifting him up..

BAXTER DRIVER!

But Tommy escapes down the back! Baxter turns around into a boot from Tommy.

BULLSEYE!

CONNECTS!

Baxter’s head bounces off the canvas as Tommy also drops to the mat, exhausted after pulling out a desperation move. Slowly Tommy makes the crawl over…

AND HE MAKES THE COVER!

ONE!

TWO!

THREE!

NO!

This time it’s Bryan Bastard who gets his shoulder up!

Rod Sterling: “Unbelievable! Bryan Baxter has kicked out of the Bullseye!”

Rocco is in disbelief at ringside as Tommy sits up to his knees, holding his hands onto the top of his head, also in shock as he wonders what it is going to take to keep this man down. Baxter pulls himself up to his knees, and looks right up at Tommy… ”FUCK YOU!” Baxter shouts out from his knees as Tommy rushes over and begins to unload with right hands to Baxter…

But Bryan Bastard staggers to his feet, taking every blow from Tommy and somehow absorbing them!

Breathing heavy, Tommy stared down his opponent as he ran to the ropes and charged back at the Baxter…

LAST CALL CLOTHESLINE!

Baxter drops to the mat…

ONLY TO STUMBLE RIGHT BACK UP TO HIS FEET!

Bedlam charges in, unfettered! ANOTHER LAST CALL takes Baxter back down!

Bedlam stumbles over as once again Baxter is still trying to stagger back up once again… and he… LIFTS… BAXTER… UP… ONTO HIS SHOULDERS………

ALL THREE HUNDRED POUNDS ON HIS SHOULDERS…

Tommy is struggling to hold the big man up… blood rolling down his face… his knees shaking…

But he manages to swing Baxter around into a cutter!

Rod Sterling: “He calls that move the EIGHT SECOND RIDE! Could this be enough! Could this keep Bryan Baxter down?!”

Exhausted, Bedlam drops to his knees, drops down onto Big Bryan Bastard… and hooks his far leg.

ONE!

TWO!

THREE!

Winner: Tommy Bedlam by pinfall at 18:39.

Tommy rolls off of Baxter and onto his back, clearly exhausted from the battle these two just had for nearly the full twenty minute time limit. Both had thrown everything they could at one another…

Katie-Lynn Goldsmith: "Here is your winner… TOMMY BEDLAM!”

Anzu Kurosawa: “What a match and what a win! It looked like Bryan Bastard would just not go down, but Tommy had a new trick up his sleeve as he debuts the Eight Second Ride and that was finally enough to keep the Bastard down!”
Rod Sterling: “And that, Anzu, is only the second time in almost two years Bryan Baxter has been defeated in singles competition. The only other time was by Michelle von Horrowitz in the F1 Semifinals!”

Anzu Kurosawa: “Quite the club he joins there!”

Tommy struggles to his feet, FWA referee Richard Davis helping him up and then lifting up his arm in victory, much to the delight of the crowd. Tommy drops to a knee after the official celebration, but pulls himself right back up. He glances over to Baxter, who has started to stir. Bedlam watches as his opponent gets up to his knees.

Bedlam walks over to where Baxter recovering… and he extends his arm out to Baxter in a show of respect.

Anzu Kurosawa: “Well, hey, how about that?”

Rod Sterling: “Bryan Baxter alluded to it earlier… the mutual respect these two had shown after their tag match back at Meltdown XXX… that time it was Baxter surprisingly showing his partner respect with the offer of a handshake… this Tommy Bedlam is returning the gesture.”

Sitting on his knees, glaring up at Tommy, the disappointment is evident on Baxter’s face. He climbs back up to his feet, and stares Tommy in the eyes before glancing down to the extended arm. Baxter snarls and smacks Tommy’s arm away, bumping his shoulder into him as he exits the ring instead. The crowd responds to the disrespect with loud boos.

Rod Sterling: “Well, so much for that.”

Anzu Kurosawa: “Bryan Bastard is not one to handle a loss in stride, it would appear. But he’ll need to refocus because now he has Jackson Fenix at Lights Out to worry about… and many others breathing down his neck.”

Tommy shrugs his shoulders as he’s handed his cowboy hat and the X Title. He climbs the turnbuckles and holds both up in the air, earning more cheers from the crowd. Meanwhile, Baxter makes his way up the ramp where Chris Crowe meets him in the aisle. The two stop at the halfway point, staring each other down… going nose to nose… as Baxter scoffs and pushes his way past Crowe, heading to the back without any further escalation between the duo.

Rod Sterling: “A busy night for Bryan Bastard does NOT end the way he wanted it at all… but in the ring… what a night for that man… what a night for the X Champion, Tommy Bedlam! His stock continues to rise here in FWA! For Anzu Kurosawa, I’m Rod Sterling… the action and build for Lights Out continues this Saturday for Fallout! We hope to see you there!”

Chris Crowe climbs into the ring greeting Tommy with a big hug before lifting up Tommy’s arm in victory. Meltdown comes to a close with the continued celebration in the ring.

Last edited by a moderator:

Doc Sulliday

Isn't that a daisy?
Reaction score
Favorite Sports Team
XifccX1
Favorite Sports Team
RRzOmtg
Favorite Sports Team
Aed870G
Favorite Sports Team
OEOhb9u
Great work to the mod team for putting this together. Solid show, Alyster Black vs Chris Peacock is getting a lot of build up, something that I feel has been building up for quite some time now and is long past due, so I can't wait for Lights Out. I can't remember didn't AB and Krash fight at the first LO? Did AB win? Idk maybe that's his PPV.

Hell yeah for the Jackson Fenix win. I'm big time excited about Jackson Fenix as it feels like bro is getting a long due breakout.

The WWE.com add with Trevor Walker was a bit weird, not gonna lie, as WWE/AEW aren't really supposed to exist in the FWA. I'm guessing it's a parody but it was a little out of place here.

oved Grandma Ethel on commentary, some hilarious lines and she was written well. Congrats to YDS even though I was rooting against them the entire tournament.

Big hype for Tommy Bedlam getting the win against Baxter. Tommy has slowly been elevating this week, and I think it's safe to say he was breakout star of the year on lockdown.

RIP Funky

Great Meltdown. Looking forward to Fallout

Last edited:

Rosie

Dark Side
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
dJvrW4y
Favorite Wrestler
kevinsteen
Favorite Wrestler
Se3BZPQ
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Sports Team
2DciFqq
Favorite Sports Team
OQcgyMS
Favorite Sports Team
coloradoavalanche
Favorite Sports Team
vCLYUUD
Great show guys!

Congrats to YDS even though I was rooting against them the entire tournament.

Scared of her?

RirikoLogo.png

Reactions: Jimmy King

The Golden One

Reaction score
I'm gonna have a longer review post but initial thoughts:

Death Walker saying, "I'm back mothafuckas" feels very off for the character.

The WWE vignette also feels off since WWE doesn't exist in our universe, but if the writer had fun and didn't affect someone else's fun then nothing else should matter much!