Mysterio/Sin Cara

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Blujay

Reaction score
I read on NoDq that Rey will be at RAW tonight and that Sin Cara is cleared to compete again after the concussion he took from Swagger. Think they'll book the two of them last minute for Mania?

Andrew

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
johncena2
Favorite Wrestler
ricochet
It'd be a treat if they can!

Andrew

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
johncena2
Favorite Wrestler
ricochet
They should just throw Cesaro in the mix, just because.

Rey's almost near retirement, a last bang could be good.

if WWE can give Fandango & Big E the opportunity at Mania, they can for Sin Cara who's over with the kids anyways.

The Cork

Banned
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scottsteiner
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
carlito
Favorite Wrestler
goldburg
Favorite Wrestler
jakeroberts
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Already too many meaningless matches taking up time as it is.

Save it for Extreme Rules.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
I think that it is too late to add them to the card, you can't add them to the card one week out from WM when they haven't even been on television for some time. Will probably have them appear on the pre-show at most.

Defiant

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
thewhyats
Favorite Wrestler
jericho
Favorite Wrestler
deanambrose
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
ajlee
Mysterio/Cara at Wrestlemania? Shit, the match would be nice but there's no time left to build it up. Save it 'till Extreme Rules at least. Have Rey return, let the pair have a couple of tag matches and tease something between them, then the match is ready to take place whenever. Promos wouldn't even be necessary I think. It's an easy match the book that people will be eager to see, and I know holding it at Wrestlemania would be nice, but it shouldn't be pulled out of nowhere. I'd even say wait until Summerslam if they really want to build more intrigu but Rey's body may not hold out for that long.

Last edited:

Rated R Superstar

Reaction score
I'm a little curious, does the OP mean as a tag team or in a match against each other? Would be a fun match between the 2, but I don't see it producing very much.

Blujay

Reaction score
I'm a little curious, does the OP mean as a tag team or in a match against each other? Would be a fun match between the 2, but I don't see it producing very much.
Well I was just going with the overall notion that WWE has wanted to have them in a 1-on-1 matchup two years running now so they could get that world record for most masks in one place. So a singles match is what I was referring to. Obviously we aren't getting it since RAW came and went and neither were on the show. But I think it could be a nice sendoff match for Rey Rey and be the highlight of Sin Cara's career because even though I want him to succeed he's not going to. Sin Cara/Evan Bourne was a fun fuckin' watch and give Rey and Sin Cara 10-15 minutes and they could top it if not at least match it.

Rated R Superstar

Reaction score
It could be fun. It also could be a train wreck. Doesn't Sin Cara still botch a lot? That could affect Rey. And with Rey's knees do you think he's able to go 10-15 minutes?

Blujay

Reaction score
Sin Cara's botches have been pretty minimal since he came back from his suspension awhile back. A lot of people just don't give him the time of day anymore because of how badly he botched things up during his first few months with the company which wasn't completely on him. He had to transition styles. And if Rey wants it badly enough, I'd say his knees could hold up for the match. Rest him up a little and I'd say book this for one of the bigger pay-per-views. I think someone said Summerslam which isn't a terrible idea if they can stifle off the urge to bring one or the other back too soon and ruin the chances again. The match would be fun and would likely be a decent draw.

Sin Cara's botches have been pretty minimal since he came back from his suspension awhile back. A lot of people just don't give him the time of day anymore because of how badly he botched things up during his first few months with the company which wasn't completely on him. He had to transition styles. And if Rey wants it badly enough, I'd say his knees could hold up for the match. Rest him up a little and I'd say book this for one of the bigger pay-per-views. I think someone said Summerslam which isn't a terrible idea if they can stifle off the urge to bring one or the other back too soon and ruin the chances again. The match would be fun and would likely be a decent draw.

Kiffy Lube

Girls Just Wanna Have Fun
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Well I was just going with the overall notion that WWE has wanted to have them in a 1-on-1 matchup two years running now so they could get that world record for most masks in one place. So a singles match is what I was referring to. Obviously we aren't getting it since RAW came and went and neither were on the show. But I think it could be a nice sendoff match for Rey Rey and be the highlight of Sin Cara's career because even though I want him to succeed he's not going to. Sin Cara/Evan Bourne was a fun fuckin' watch and give Rey and Sin Cara 10-15 minutes and they could top it if not at least match it.

Have you ever heard of Lucha? I'm sure the record for one show would be in the 30s.

And if you think that fans count for something like this you should know that Lucha in the early to mid 90s was so popular in Mexico that international wrestlers would move to Mexico City and wrestle on like 3 shows a day.

Last edited:

Blujay

Reaction score
Have you ever heard of Lucha? I'm sure the record for one show would be in the 30s.

And if you think that fans count for something like this you should know that Lucha in the early to mid 90s was so popular in Mexico that international wrestlers would move to Mexico City and wrestle on like 3 shows a day.

I don't know what kind of point you're trying to make. It sounds like you're on an entirely different tangent than the rest of the thread... Maybe you think I meant masked wrestlers? I meant people in Rey/Cara masks period. I'm aware of Lucha wrestling lol.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy

WWE are trying to break the world record set by the LA Angels where they had close to 25,000 fans wear a mask. The previous record was 250. It would be an incredibly simple record to break for WWE at WM if they could just get Mysterio on the show. Even if he can't wrestle he can appear and tell everyone to put on their masks to break the record.

We Are Legion

║▌║█║▌||| ║▌║▌█ ║█║║▌||
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
ricflair
Favorite Wrestler
jbl2
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Haven't they been trying to have this match at Mania for like the past 2 years already? But one of them is always injured...

You know what, I don't even care. Meaningless or not, get it the fuck out of the way now if they're going to do it. Sin Cara has done nothing to earn the popularity he's achieved in WWE, and I really can't overstate that enough. I mean seriously fucking nothing. And I've always been a fan of Mysterio's, got a couple of his dvd sets even, but the guy is ridiculously injury prone and isn't half the performer he used to be. I would like the guy to just get his last Mania moment out of the way so he can live the rest of his life healthy. I wouldn't mind the occasional 1-off match every once and a while, but he has no business wrestling a full-time schedule in his condition now. He's getting old and he needs to deal with that. High risk business is no place for a guy of his age and size.