• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Never Forget: WWE Returns After 9/11 to premiere Friday after SmackDown

Chris

Dreams are Endless
wweneverforget.png

Source: f4wonline.com

A documentary focused on the post-9/11 episode of SmackDown will premiere this week.

WWE has announced that "Never Forget: WWE Returns After 9/11" will premiere this Friday, one day before the 20th anniversary of the 9/11 terrorist attacks. The documentary will be available on Peacock/WWE Network, WWE's YouTube channel, and WWE's Facebook page.

"WWE commemorates the 20-year anniversary of the terrorist attacks of September 11, 2001, with an all-new documentary, Never Forget: WWE Returns After 9/11," WWE wrote. "Hear from Superstars like 'Stone Cold' Steve Austin, Kurt Angle, Edge and many more as they remember being involved in one of the most emotional and patriotic SmackDown episodes in WWE history just two days after the attacks."

Vince McMahon was also interviewed for the documentary.

The post-9/11 SmackDown was held at the Compaq Center in Houston, Texas on September 13, 2001.

WWE will be in New York City as this Friday's SmackDown takes place at Madison Square Garden. The show will feature an appearance by Brock Lesnar, Edge vs. Seth Rollins, and a contract signing for Becky Lynch and Bianca Belair's SmackDown Women's Championship match at Extreme Rules.

The trailer for the documentary is available to watch below:

Last edited:

Sky

TOTAL NONSTOP ACTION
Never Forget (that Stephanie McMahon compared the most deadly terrorist attack on American soil to the steroid trial)

Necro

Hi, I'm Chucky. Wanna play?
I always watch several 9/11 documentaries every year around the anniversary. Very sad, but something I make a point of watching.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
This was good shit, the part before the actual show especially where everyone is just talking about their mindset leading up to it. The only real negative was too much Brother Love lmao

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Brother Bruce is a Houston native so it’s to be expected that he’s in a lot of this.

I don't even think he mentioned that lmao he was the only one that made the doc feel all corporate to me :lol Steph kinda but she wasn't in much. Vince was actually really cool in it tho.