OOC New Title Discussion.

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Should we now work towards introducing a new title in LDW?

• Total voters

Rosie

Dark Side
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
dJvrW4y
Favorite Wrestler
kevinsteen
Favorite Wrestler
Se3BZPQ
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Sports Team
2DciFqq
Favorite Sports Team
OQcgyMS
Favorite Sports Team
coloradoavalanche
Favorite Sports Team
vCLYUUD
LDW_logo.png

Now that we’ve been going for a few months and have our world title established with Darius Wright (King) as our champion, and our roster is growing in the number of characters, we have been considering the idea of creating a secondary title in Liberty or Death Wrestling. With that, we have some questions to ask you guys and while I’ll create a poll, this is more open to discussion and if we need to take another vote, I can make a straw poll and tag you guys.

The most important question of all is, should we have a mid-card title now? That is what the poll is going to be above.

Then, if so, which we will discuss here, what should it be? I have two pitches which I will say, but these don’t need to be the only ideas and you all can give your ideas, and we can discuss.

Beavie’s random ideas:

This more of a traditional mid-card title with no strings attached and while the name is currently used by the NWA and MLW for two of their titles, it is one which isn’t overused like the Intercontinental title and it still fits with the “American” feel we have… without outright calling it the United States title which often ends up with non-American champions going “I will rename it after my country and USA sucks!” (plus the European title in RWK never had a European be champion ignoring the last champion from off the site but I refuse to remember it.)

An idea for the belt’s base:
IWGP US title
NiceTitleUS.png

A title just introduced by the UK company PROGRESS is called the PROTEUS Championship.

This title is not a Hardcore title, but instead, its ruleset depends on, well, the champion. The champion decides the rules, whether every match is a hardcore match, two out of three falls, perhaps something unique, etc. This is better than just dragging out the Roulette/Survival title concept which has been used before in leagues on here but can be a unique title concept for the fed to make the belt a bit more specialized even if it isn’t the World title. The name and title base, I don’t know yet as I am not sure if we should use that same one as PROGRESS, but that is my other pitch.

Example:

Let me know what you think, and some belt ideas of your own. We can easily get a straw poll going once we have some clear options.

Sincerely,

LDW Creative

@Omega Maniax
@Jonny Nostradamus
@Jeffry Fucking Mason
@Seto-san
@King Of Armageddon
@DemonHunter1257
@Grievous II
@Patriot Pants
@Dat Kid

Maniax

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
kane
Favorite Wrestler
therock
And I know, we only have a few females, but down the line I would like to see the LDW Women's championship. But yeah, I would like a mid card national title.

Patriot Pants

LDW Champion (855+ days)
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
I like both title ideas, but ... the design of the IWGP United States belt pulls me over it lol

Rosie

Dark Side
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
dJvrW4y
Favorite Wrestler
kevinsteen
Favorite Wrestler
Se3BZPQ
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Sports Team
2DciFqq
Favorite Sports Team
OQcgyMS
Favorite Sports Team
coloradoavalanche
Favorite Sports Team
vCLYUUD
And I know, we only have a few females, but down the line I would like to see the LDW Women's championship.

While I wouldn't mind it, I also feel the hurdle for that is canonically in this fed, intergender matches just happen and men and women are on equal footing and either can win. Hell, in IWT one of my characters, Ivy Hale, ended up making a near seven-foot guy pass out with her Dragon Sleeper (be glad she is a mother now and semi-retired or else you'd be fucked).

I feel as though it'd be fair that it would be similar to like a weight division title like a JR Heavyweight/Cruiserweight title in that it is a division that can have people from it can challenge for a world title. But interesting to think about it.

Jay-Ashley

The War Dog Rebel
Reaction score
National Title gets my vote because you know...IWGP

Maniax

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
kane
Favorite Wrestler
therock
While I wouldn't mind it, I also feel the hurdle for that is canonically in this fed, intergender matches just happen and men and women are on equal footing and either can win. Hell, in IWT one of my characters, Ivy Hale, ended up making a near seven-foot guy pass out with her Dragon Sleeper (be glad she is a mother now and semi-retired or else you'd be fucked).

I feel as though it'd be fair that it would be similar to like a weight division title like a JR Heavyweight/Cruiserweight title in that it is a division that can have people from it can challenge for a world title. But interesting to think about it.
Well I understand, maybe the proteus title can work for both men and women.

Rosie

Dark Side
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
dJvrW4y
Favorite Wrestler
kevinsteen
Favorite Wrestler
Se3BZPQ
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Sports Team
2DciFqq
Favorite Sports Team
OQcgyMS
Favorite Sports Team
coloradoavalanche
Favorite Sports Team
vCLYUUD
National Title gets my vote because you know...IWGP

If I name it the "SUPER STRONG STYLE KING'S ROAD AND JOSHI ONLY" title, you'd be the first to sign up to fight for it.

(jokes)

Jay-Ashley

The War Dog Rebel
Reaction score
If I name it the "SUPER STRONG STYLE KING'S ROAD AND JOSHI ONLY" title, you'd be the first to sign up to fight for it.

(jokes)
That mi amigo is a very true statement, and I endorse it.

Rosie

Dark Side
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
dJvrW4y
Favorite Wrestler
kevinsteen
Favorite Wrestler
Se3BZPQ
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Sports Team
2DciFqq
Favorite Sports Team
OQcgyMS
Favorite Sports Team
coloradoavalanche
Favorite Sports Team
vCLYUUD
So far, it seems like the majority of the fed seems to be in favour of getting that mid-card belt in. I know some of you guys liked the LDW National Championship idea and even some don't mind my Proteus inspired belt idea, but I wouldn't mind hearing other options before I decide to get a poll made with title ideas on it.

Nostradamus

White Rabbit
Reaction score
Website
www.ratswithwings.com
Favorite Wrestler
eddieguerrero
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
n4HSWck
Favorite Wrestler
kofi
Favorite Wrestler
6SLLEQr
Favorite Wrestler
edge
After thinking about it for a long ass time (since y'know, me, the beaver and Jeff Jeff run this joint and knew about it for a while), I am in favor of a championship inspired by the Proteus title. It's unique and I believe it can lead to interesting situations. However, this is a majority rules thing, so my one word alone means fuck-all.

Maniax

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
kane
Favorite Wrestler
therock
After thinking about it for a long ass time (since y'know, me, the beaver and Jeff Jeff run this joint and knew about it for a while), I am in favor of a championship inspired by the Proteus title. It's unique and I believe it can lead to interesting situations. However, this is a majority rules thing, so my one word alone means fuck-all.
I really do want a proteus like title itd be great.

Patriot Pants

LDW Champion (855+ days)
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
My idea:
ring-of-honor-world-television-champion-2.jpg

Television Championship, defended every show and acts as a show case for good matches against people who really don't face off often. Challengers could be picked based off wins or by first come first serve.

I think it would lead to some fun encounters and storylines if used. But that's just me

Reactions: Jay-Ashley

Rosie

Dark Side
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
dJvrW4y
Favorite Wrestler
kevinsteen
Favorite Wrestler
Se3BZPQ
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Sports Team
2DciFqq
Favorite Sports Team
OQcgyMS
Favorite Sports Team
coloradoavalanche
Favorite Sports Team
vCLYUUD

Rosie

Dark Side
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
dJvrW4y
Favorite Wrestler
kevinsteen
Favorite Wrestler
Se3BZPQ
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Sports Team
2DciFqq
Favorite Sports Team
OQcgyMS
Favorite Sports Team
coloradoavalanche
Favorite Sports Team
vCLYUUD
It appears the main three ideas are:

The LDW National Championship
The LDW Proteus Championship/Inspired by that
And from Patriot, The LDW Television Championship

The idea of something like a Women's Championship or another division we can wait on.

This is the Straw Poll, Friends, mind voting?

@Jonny Nostradamus
@Jeffry Fucking Mason
@Patriot Pants
@King Of Armageddon
@Omega Maniax
@Seto-san
@DemonHunter1257
@Grievous II

(And @Dat Kid I am a for forgetting to tag at least one person. Also forgot to tag that idiot, @Beavie )

• Haha
Reactions: Grievous 3D