No MLB Hall of Famers in 2013

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

zigglerHEEL

Reaction score
Today it was announced that nobody garnered enough votes to be elected into Baseball's Hall of Fame in 2013... While this has happened many times before, this year is compelling because of the names eligible... Arguably the Best Hitter and Best Pitcher from an entire generation were both on the ballot in Barry Bonds and Roger Clemens. While both have been directly connected to allegations of steroid use, neither have been found to test positive for the drug and both have been acquitted of the perjury charges they faced for allegedly lying in court about their steroid use.... That being said they are 2 of the main faces of an era widely known to be rampant with PED use and with their names being so heavily attached I am not the least bit surprised neither guy got even 40% of the vote, let alone the 75% needed for election... The name that surprises me is Mike Piazza, arguably the greatest hitting catcher of all time and easily one of the top 5 all time at his position. Other than playing during the steroid era, I don't remember his name ever being linked to the Mitchell Report or any other positive test. I guess because he was a big guy who hit a lot of homeruns during that era it is natural to assume he was using but I would hope the voters aren't basing their votes on assumptions..

Just wonder what everyone else thinks about the matter...

zigglerHEEL

Reaction score
Top 10 results for those interested

1.Craig Biggio 68.2%
2.Jack Morris 67.7%
3. Jeff Bagwell 59.6%
4. Mike Piazza 57.8%
5. Time Raines 52.2%
6. Lee Smith 47.8%
7. Curt Schilling 38.8%
8. Roger Clemens 37.6%
9. Barry Bonds 36.2
10. Edgar Martinez 35.9

Last edited:

The New F'n Show

Reaction score
I didn't expect anyone to get in this year which is a shame because I had at least 12 guys I would have voted for. To be though the biggest thing that stands out is Kenny Lofton didn't even get the 5% required to stay on the ballot. That to me is ridiculous.

zigglerHEEL

Reaction score
yeah I hear ya, that guy was just a flat out winner everywhere he went.... seems like the voters are trying to punish the whole era instead of just the guys who are known or are speculated to have cheated....

Slim

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
newageoutlaws
Favorite Wrestler
tara
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
Screw those guys that vote. They have their noses too far up their own asses to see anything clearly. All of it is comin out as dark as the S*it they have over their eyes.

Bagwell and Piazza at least should have been in. Those two were the goods. They were very talented at what they did and have had absolutely nothing to do with any PED talk in their entire career and yet they can't get in? Craig Biggio can't get in? Curt Schilling can't get in?

Clemens was an awesome pitcher that delivered. 7 Cy Young awards and he can't get in even though there is NO PROOF of him ever cheating. He never failed a drug test in his career and he can't get in?

Wow. Screw them.

Now when Griffey Jr. goes on the ballot and if he doesn't get in his first year on the ballot... I'ma be real pissed.

zigglerHEEL

Reaction score
NExt year, first ballot guys off the top of my head are Glavine, Maddux, Frank Thomas, Jeff Kent, mike Mussina.... my guess would be Glavine and Maddux are all but gauranteed and I think Biggio will probably gain enough to get in.... I am by no means a Bonds or Clemens fan but I firmly believe they were both hall of famers before steroids even became relevant... It's guys like Sosa, who clearly went from being an average player to a 600 homer guy that I believe should be left off

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
If someone has monster numbers, they should never be let out of any sports HOF, this whole "steroid era" bullshit is overblown and stupid.

Who cares what these guys were on. Baseball was saved by people like Mark McGwire and Sammy Sosa and Barry Bonds is the greatest hitter to ever live, simple as that. PEDs don't enhance perfoprmance, let's see anyone off the street do what they did on the same stuff they were alledged to use and see if they could do a quater of what they did.

It is a lame argument and is just sportswriters having a vendetta against people they persoanlly didn't like and they shouldn't be allowed to have votes for HOFs in any sports. They are nothing but trolls, and have always been since people started covering sports.

HOFs are a joke because you let asswipes homers control the legacies of people who put the big beatdown on their teams and didn't give them an interview or told them to "fuck off".

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
Think Bomani Jones said it best on PTI, the steroid era was just a part of the game. The hitters that were juicing were going against the pitchers who were juicing on the exact same stuff. This is bullshit.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Think Bomani Jones said it best on PTI, the steroid era was just a part of the game. The hitters that were juicing were going against the pitchers who were juicing on the exact same stuff. This is bullshit.

Think Bomani Jones and Dan Lebetard are the only sports personalities on ESPN that actually have valid opinions instead of just trying to play the role of manufactured douchebag. The rest of the shows on there act like old men fondly trying to remember the past and douchebags not being funny.